Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Smooth styling smoother sound
The SR-80i doesn't look like an ordinary iPod speaker system, with its arched silhouette, curved lines and silver accents. But then, it doesn't sound like an ordinary system, either. A built-in advanced digital-to-analog converter (DAC) bypasses your docked iPod's or iPhone's DAC. You'll hear the rich detail your music has always had but which can get lost in the signal processing with less sophisticated systems. The SR-80i delivers this quality sound with 15 watts of power per channel driving a pair of high-performance speakers in a ported enclosure.
More audio choices
In addition to its iPod/iPhone dock, the SR-80i features a digital AM/FM stereo tuner for more entertainment options. And if you have MP3 files on a thumb drive, you can enjoy them, too just plug your drive into the system's USB port. An auxiliary input lets you connect other kinds of portables as well.
- for all docking iPods, including 160GB iPod classic®, 6th generation iPod nano®, and 4th generation iPod touch®
- compatible with iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 4
- bypasses docked player's digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and uses high-performance built-in DAC for better sound
- automatically charges docked player
- AM/FM tuner with 20 station presets
- stereo full-range speakers with passive ports for enhanced bass
- 15 watts x 2
- auxiliary stereo RCA input for other portable devices
- composite video output for connection to a TV
- USB port for MP3 playback
- remote control
- AC power adapter
- 15-3/4"W x 6-3/8"H x 6-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
TEAC SR-80i Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Fine device. Easy to use, works as advertised, good sound. Remote is convienent.
Pros: Remote, Sound
Cons: Remote, no on board storage for it. Not HD radio.
What's in the box?
- Stereo AM/FM radio with integrated iPod/iPhone dock (rubber iPod/iPhone dock protector installed)
- AC power adapter (with attached 5' DC cord)
- 59" AC power cord
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V lithium battery
- 59" Composite video cable
- 50" Audio cable (with a 3.5mm connector on one end and stereo RCA connectors on other end)
- 2 iPhone adapter inserts
- FM wire antenna
- AM antenna loop
- Owner's Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Limited Warranty Card (USA/Canada)
Overview: The TEAC SR-80i Stereo Compact Radio features a built-in FM tuner and integrated iPod/iPhone dock. The TEAC SR-80i is also equipped with a USB port, auxiliary input, and a composite video output (for iPod video). The SR-80i employs a stereo speaker design and a built-in digital amplifier for Hi-Fi stereo sound. In addition, the Stereo Compact Radio can serve as your alarm clock. For added convenience, an IR remote control is included for wireless operation of the system.
2-Line LCD Display: The TEAC SR-80i Stereo Compact Radio features a 2-line white-backlit LCD display. You can change the brightness of the unit's front-panel display.
12/24-Hour Clock with Date: The TEAC SR-80i is equipped with a 12/24-hour digital clock. It also display the day, month, and year. You can manually or automatically set the clock and date. When you insert an iPhone into the dock of the SR-80i, the clock of the SR-80i can be automatically adjusted according to the clock data of your iPhone.
On/Off Timers: You can set this unit to turn 'On' and 'Off' at specific times. You can choose to wakeup to the AM/FM Tuner, your docked iPod/iPhone, or a connected USB flash memory device. The radio features two On/Off timers. The On timer will sound for approximately 60 minutes.
Snooze Function: When the On Timer is activated, you can press the Snooze button to turn the unit off temporarily for 6 minutes.
Sleep Timer: You can set the Sleep Timer so that the unit turns itself off after a specified amount of time. You can set the Sleep Timer to 90, 75, 60, 45, 30, 15 minutes, or Off.
Stereo Speaker System: The TEAC SR-80i employs two full-range 3" speakers enclosed in a bass reflex enclosure for Hi-Fi stereo sound.
30 Watt Digital Amplifier: The TEAC SR-80i utilizes an integrated 15 watt x 2-channel digital amplifier to power the stereo speaker system for high-quality sound.
Bass & Treble: The SR-80i features independent Bass & Treble controls (-4 to +4) so your tailor the system's sound to your taste.
Super Bass DSP: The SR-80i utilizes Super Bass DSP (powered by MAXXBASS) technology to reinforce the system's bass sound.
Mute: You can mute the sound of the SR-80i temporarily.
PLL Synthesize AM/FM Tuner: The TEAC SR-80i Stereo Compact Radio is equipped with a PLL Synthesize AM/FM tuner. The unit offers manual, automatic, and preset tuning.
Preset Tuning: You can store up to 20 FM and 20 AM preset stations.
Auto Scan: The unit will scan starting from the lowest frequencies and automatically create presets for up to 20 stations. when preset assignment has completed, the unit will be tuned to the radio station assigned to preset number 1.
Mono Mode: To compensate for weak FM stereo reception, select the Mono mode. Reception will now be forced into monaural, reducing unwanted noise.
External AM/FM Antennas: The TEAC SR-80i includes an external FM wire antenna and AM loop antenna.
Rear-Panel USB Port: The TEAC SR-80i Stereo Compact Radio features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port to connect a USB flash memory device. The TEAC SR-80i supports audio playback of music files stored on a USB flash memory mass-storage-class (MSC) device. The SR-80i will playback MP3/WMA files stored on a USB flash memory device formatted in FAT 12/16/32.
|File Format||File Extension||Bit Rate||Sampling Rate||Maximum File/Folders|
|MP3||.mp3||8-320 kbps||16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz||999 files/200folders|
|WMA||.wma||8-320 kbps||16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz||999 files/200 folders|
Note: Not compatible with Hard disk drives, CD/DVD drives, and other devices connected via USB.
Playback & Search Modes: The TEAC SR-80i's USB port supports the following playback & search modes.
- Playback Modes: Repeat (Track/Folder/All), Shuffle (Folder), Program (up to 32 tracks)
- Search Modes: Fast Forward/Rewind, Track Skip (Next/Previous), Folder Skip (Next/Previous)
Music Information Display: The SR-80i will display numeric and alphanumeric text from your USB flash memory music files.
- Numeric Text: Current folder, current file, total number of tracks, and elapsed time of the current file.
- Alphanumeric Text: Title, Artist, Album name (up to 30 characters).
Note: This unit can only display single-byte letters and numbers.
Auxiliary Input: The unit's rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input lets you connect an external audio device. A stereo RCA-to-Minijack cable is supplied.
iPod/iPhone Dock: The TEAC SR-80i features an integrated iPod/iPhone dock to connect your compatible iPod or iPhone. The TEAC SR-80i supports audio playback, video output, music navigation, and charging of select iPods and iPhones.
- Audio Playback: You can listen to music files from your iPod/iPhone by simply connecting the iPod/iPhone to the SR-80i's built-in dock.
- Video Output: The unit's composite video output lets you output video and still images from your docked iPod/iPhone to your connected TV.
- Music Navigation: The TEAC SR-80i's IR remote control provides full music navigation of your iPod/iPhone. You can control advanced menu functions, as well as basic playback functions such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Skip (Next/Previous), Random, & Repeat. You can also choose to control your iPod/iPhone from its clickwheel or touchscreen.
- Music Information Display: You will continue to use your iPod/iPhone's LCD screen to view song/artist information.
- Charging: The SR-80i will charge your connected iPod or iPhone when the tabletop radio is powered up (except in AM mode).
Note: The iPod nano (6th gen) only offers basic playback functions from the supplied remote control.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The TEAC SR-80i is "Made for iPod/iPhone compatible" and supports the following specific iPod/iPhone models (as of Dec. 2010).
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video Out||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the device and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until an newer software update is available.
Rubber Insert: The TEAC SR-80i includes a rubber insert to cover the unit's iPod/iPhone dock connector when not in use to protect it from dust and damage.
Wireless Remote Control: The TEAC SR-80i comes supplied with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the tabletop audio system and your docked iPod/iPhone or connected USB flash memory device.
Note: The remote control operates on one CR2025 3V lithium 'coin-type' battery (included).
AC Power Supply: The TEAC SR-80i operates off of standard AC household current using the supplied AC power adapter.
- Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 1.2A
- Output: 16V, 2.8A
EC Power Mode: To save energy, this unit will turn to the ECO Power mode and completely turn off in the following cases:
- If no iPod or iPhone is inserted in the dock, and three minutes have passed since power has been set to standby.
- If no iPod or iPhone is inserted in the dock and no operation has been conducted for 18 minutes when the power is On and the source is set to iPod or USB.
- If no iPod or iPhone is inserted in the dock, pressing the Standby button for more than 3 seconds when the power is in standby mode.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.