Our take on the Axxera AV714BH
Flip out over this marvel
Axxera's AV714BH multimedia receiver includes a 7" LED-backlit display, so you can enjoy HD-quality video and icon-based touchscreen control in your car. Axxera stuffed all this functionality into a single-DIN (2" tall) chassis with a motorized, retractable screen, so it stays stealthy when it's not in use. You can even detach the faceplate to protect your investment.
The AV714BH includes an MHL-enabled HDMI input to accommodate compatible iPhone® or Android® smartphones. It also comes with Bluetooth®, DVD/CD playback, front and rear USB inputs, an SD card input for your digital music, and a redesigned graphic user interface (GUI) that provides you a complete multimedia experience for your car.
A bigger display for your smartphone apps
Axxera's DualMirror™ function mimics your phone's display on the receiver's big screen, providing you an easier way to see your apps at a glance. You can check out turn-by-turn directions from your navigation apps, as well as artist and track info from your music apps. You'll still use your smartphone to control the apps, but you won't have to squint at its puny display.
What you need
The AV714BH's DualMirror function relies on the receiver's rear HDMI input to display your smartphone's apps, while the rear USB port charges your phone. With your smartphone connected, you'll see your apps in action on the 7" display for easier viewing. Here's the lowdown on what you need depending on your smartphone:
On the audio side
If you enjoy Internet radio on your iPhone or Android, you'll really enjoy playing music from Pandora® on this versatile receiver. You can scroll through your stations, bookmark songs, and give a thumbs-up or thumbs-down right from the receiver's face. You can also play your MP3 and WMA music using the front USB input, DVD/CD player, and SD card slot.
You can tweak your music with the four EQ presets, and the treble and bass controls. If you're adding amps, the three sets of preamp outputs send out a 4-volt signal that maximizes performance and minimizes noise.
Use the AV714BH's front or rear analog audio/video inputs to hook up your favorite portable audio player, game console, or another video source. This receiver boasts a video output to send movies to a rear video screen, so your passengers will stay happy during the longest road trips.
If you've got a big vehicle, you'll appreciate the input for a rear-view camera — helpful for when you're maneuvering your vehicle in tight spaces.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Axxera DVD receiver. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Axxera, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- DVD/CD player with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/60 peak x 4 channels)
- 7" motorized retractable LCD touchscreen with tilt adjustment
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- detachable faceplate
- fits single-DIN (2" tall) dash openings
- remote control
- DualMirror displays select music, navigation, and other apps from connected iPhone and Android
- Pandora control with iPhone and Android
- plays CDs, DVDs, SD cards, and USB memory devices
- four EQ presets
- bass, treble, and loudness controls
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- inputs: front and rear USB ports (rear USB for device charging only), front SD card slot, rear HDMI digital A/V input, front and rear analog A/V inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: rear A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)