Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Add some mobile video excitement to your vehicle with Valor's DV-180 multimedia player. This half-DIN unit fits into many dashes to complement your factory stereo, or you can mount it vertically or horizontally in your glove compartment or other convenient location. Use it to play NTSC or PAL DVDs or VCDs, CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and MP3 discs. Valor includes a slim remote so you can control the action.
- mobile DVD player
- plays DVDs (NTSC and PAL), CDs, MP3 discs, Video CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- mounts in the dash of many vehicles
- on-screen display
- multiple language menu
- last position memory
- 4 speed scan
- one set of audio/video outputs
- one set of audio/video inputs
- digital-audio coaxial output and built-in Dolby Digital/DTS decoder
- wireless remote
- remote sensor eye on 17.5' cable
- 7-1/16"W x 1"H x 8-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
Valor DV-180 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Same problems as TEXAS
The Valor DVD-180 came with the car. It worked when we got it and for the first few days -then there were problems loading the disks - intermittent - anoying and frustrating - I got it repleaced by the dealer - the new one worked well for three days then it would not eject - I went online to see what I could find about the unit and I read the review by TEXAS - I agree with him/her fully.
it looks great!
this DVD player looks great small compact fits just about anywhere easy to connect comes with an easy to follow manual. The first weeks it worked great now after third week I started to have problems got an error bad disc or dic format unable to read disc (I have another dvd player it works fine reads disc's that the Valor can't?)especially some (DVD+R dics')? I record shows from the TV to play on DVD player but will not play all of them? I tried them on my home DVD player too, they play just fine. But on the Valor DVD player I have problems playing them and ejecting the DVD I wait and wait have to turn off the player completly off and back on several times for it to eject the DVD once out I load the DVD back DVD gets stuck, have to turn off the player completely off and back on several times for it to eject the DVD. Sometimes it shuts off automatically while playing. Not happy with this Player.
I would not recommed this DVD player.
What's in the box?
- Half-din size mobile DVD player
- 9' Power/Ground harness
- IR wireless remote control with a CR2025 Lithium battery installed
- Self-adhesive IR emitter with 17.5' cable attached using a miniplug
- 10' A/V cable with left and right audio RCA jacks and one composite video RCA jack on each end
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- User Manual
Overview: The Valor DV-180 half-din size universal DVD player is designed to add multi-media to your current a/v system already consisting of a head-unit or amplifier with RCA audio inputs and video monitor consisting of a composite video input.
Disc Compatibility: The following 12 cm disc formats are compatible with this unit.
- CD: CD, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM, MP3, JPG
- VCD: VCD, SVCD, DVCD,
- DVD: DVD-video, DVD +/- R/RW (single single side/single layer and single side/double-layer)
Note: The unit is compatible with both PAL and NTSC
Built-In Dolby Digital/DTS Decoder: The Valor DV-180 features built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoders that will down mix the Dolby Digital and DTS signal to stereo for non 5.1-channel installation. The unit is also equipped with a digital-audio coaxial output to hook-up to an optional DSP processor for Dolby Digital and DTS surround sound in your vehicle.
Skip-Free Mounting: The Valor mobile DVD player can be mounted horizontally or vertically. The unit features an excellent anti-vibration mechanism with electronic shock protection using a 16MB memory buffer to eliminate disc skipping.
Note: The unit does not come with any mounting hardware other than the four supplied self-adhesive rubber feet.
AV AUX Input: In addition to the DVD player's audio video output, the unit utilizes an AV Aux input that consists of Left and Right RCAs for audio and a composite RCA for video to input an external AV source through your car-audio/video system.
Multi Language On-Screen Menu: The mobile DVD player does not feature its own display but does feature an on-screen menu that will output to your video monitor through the composite video output terminal. The on-screen menu can be displayed in English, French, Spanish or German.
TV Display: Through the unit's on-screen menu you can adjust the aspect ratio of the video output to match your monitor. You can choose from 4:3 Normal, 4:3 Letter Box or 16:9 Wide.
Rapid Forward and Reverse: The DVD player features high speed searches in forward or reverse of 2x, 4x, 8x or 20x normal speed.
Slow Motion Playback: The DV-180 features slow motion playback in forward or reverse in 1/2x, 1/4, 1/6x/ 1/7x normal speed.
Repeat Mode: In DVD mode the player can repeat an entire Title or Chapter. While in CD mode the unit can repeat a single track or disc.
Last Position Memory: If you stop playback and leave a disc in the unit, the DVD player will remember where you left off and start playback from where you stopped on the disc.
Zoom: The Zoom feature enlarges the image on screen for a close-up view. However, some DVD disc pictures can not be zoomed.
Multi-Angle Function: This function allows you to view a DVD at multi-angles, if in fact the disc was recorded with multiple angles.
Parental Lock: The DVD player features a parental lock system that can be set between 8 different levels to prevent certain discs from being played and is protected by a user customized 4-digit password.
Front Panel Controls: The following controls are found on the front panel of the DV-180.
- Power: turns power on/off
- Play/Pause: begins disc play/pause disc play
- Skip: skip forward or reverse in a movie scene or music track
- Stop: stop disc play
- Eject: ejects disc
- Reset: resets DVD to factory default settings
Wireless Remote Control: The DV-180 DVD player also features an IR wireless remote control that offers all the same controls as the front panel as well as many others needed to operate the DVD player.
- AUX: switches from DVD player to A/V input
- Display: displays statistical disc information during playback
- Setup: displays unit's main setup menu
- Menu: displays DVD menus
- Cursor Buttons: navigates menu settings
- Enter: selects menu settings
- Numeric Keypad: 0 to 9, 10+ keys for direct track accessing
- Volume: increases or decreases volume
- Goto: disc search button used with numeric keypad
- Title: display Title menu of DVD-disc
- Audio: changes soundtrack settings
- Repeat: activates repeat mode
- Sub-Title: changes sub-title language
- Zoom: zooms in images on-screen
- P/N: selects PAL or NTSC format
- Angle: changes the view angle on multi-angle DVD discs
- Slow: select forward or back slow motion playback
Note: The unit has an IR eye on the front panel for the remote but also comes equipped with an external remote sensor that plugs into the back of unit and then runs to the front of the vehicle for mounting in an application where you mount the DVD player in a location where the unit's built-in IR eye is not visible.
Rear Panel Connections: All of the player's connections are found on the rear panel of the unit.
- Digital Out: Digital audio coaxial output for passing Dolby Digital and DTS signals to an optional DSP processor.
- A/V Out: Left and Right RCA audio terminals used to output audio to your head-unit or amplifier and a composite video RCA terminal used to output video to your mobile monitor.
- A/V In: Left and Right RCA audio terminals along with a composite video RCA terminal to input an external a/v source through the player to your monitor.
- External Remote: 3.5mm miniplug for connection of supplied external remote sensor.
- 2-Pin Power Plug: 2-pin power plug used for connection of supplied power/ground harness.
- DC In/Out: DC input for use with optional AC/DC adapter.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.