Overview: The Cobra CPI 480 power inverter provides
household (AC) power from a DC power source, such as your vehicle's battery,
cigarette lighter, or power port. The inverter has two 3-pronged AC outlets to power
small appliances or a laptop, as well as a USB charging port (Type A) for your
mobile phone, tablet, iPod, or other USB devices.
Typical Uses: The CPI 480 provides 400 watts of continuous
power, and is recommended for powering small appliances and office equipment. It
comes with a cigarette lighter cable for use inside of your vehicle, and a
direct-to-battery cable with terminal clamps, so you can use the inverter
outside of the vehicle.
Protection Circuits: The CPI 480 has a number of protection
circuits for safe operation. These circuits include: overload, short-circuit,
over-temperature, reverse polarity, and under/over voltage. The inverter has a
cooling fan that increase speed as the load increases and stops when there is no
Alarm: The inverter has a built-in alarm that will sound
when the DC input voltage is getting low (10.2-10.8V). The inverter will shut
down when the voltage gets down to 9.2-9.8V.
- Output Voltage: 109-120 Volts AC; 60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz)
- Output Power: 400 Watts maximum continuous
- Surge Rating Power: 800 Watts peak (0.1 second) (startup
- Peak Efficiency (12V--1/2 Load): 88%
- Efficiency (12V--full load): 83%
- Output Waveform (resistive load): Perfect modified sine
- USB Output: 5 Volts DC continuous
- Input Voltage: 10.4 to 14.4 Volts DC
- Shutdown Voltage: 9.2-9.8 Volts DC
- Operating Temperature: 32°F
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to
find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research
team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record
dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies
to help people make informed choices.