Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Cobra's high performance radar/laser detectors are a great way to keep in touch with everything that's happening on the highway. The XRS 9400 alerts you to the use of nine radar and laser signals, and two safety systems. VoiceAlert delivers convenient audible messages so you don't have to look away from the road. Each time you turn on the detector, it runs a diagnostic check and announces that it's ready for operation.
VG-2 Alert® lets you know when you are in the presence of radar detector detectors, while the VG-2 Undetectable feature ensures complete immunity to those detectors. (This detector is also invisible to Spectre 1 detectors.) StrobeAlert® gives you advance warning of the approach of emergency vehicles for safer travel. Intellimute senses lower engine RPMs when you're moving slowly, virtually eliminating false alerts.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- alerts for radar, laser, Safety Alert-equipped vehicles, and emergency vehicles using "strobe alert"
- UltraBright data display of warning type and signal strength
- LaserEye 360° laser detection
- VG-2 "radar detector detector" alert
- invisible to radar detector detectors, including Spectre 1
- auto and manual muting of audio alerts
- SmartMute to eliminate false alerts
- VoiceAlert for voice messages
- system ready prompt
- city/highway modes
- memory retention of preferred settings
- dim mode for night driving
- power cord/mounting accessories included
- dimensions: 2-3/4"W x 1-3/8"H x 4-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
Cobra XRS 9400 Reviews
What's in the box?
- 1 Radar detector
- 1 Windshield mounting bracket with two suction cups and two rubber bumpers
- 1 Coiled power cord (16" to approximately 60" length) with a cigarette lighter adapter on one end and a right angle barrel type connector on the other
- 1 Self-adhesive velcro pad
- 1 Product registration card
- 1 Owners manual
Features and Specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Strobe Alert: The XRS-9400 will give you advanced alert of the presence and/or approach of these vehicles. This is a Cobra exclusive that works with the tens of thousands of emergency vehicles currently equipped with traffic light controlling strobe emitters, which activate red lights at traffic intersections in emergency high speed situations.
Safety Alert: The Cobra XRS-9400 will give you advanced alert of the presence and/or approach of emergency vehicles and road hazards from systems equipped with Safety Alert Traffic Warning System transmitters.
Voice Alert: The Voice Alert feature provides the user with audible messages of specific band information.
Laser Eye: This feature provides you with 360 degree detection of laser signals.
VG-2 Alert: This feature will alert you when you are under surveillance of VG-2 radar detection.
VG-2 Undetectable: The VG-2 Undetectable feature provides complete immunity to VG-2 radar detector-detectors. This system is always on and does not disable radar detection when activated.
Spectre Alert: The Spectre Alert tells you when you're under surveillance of Spectre 1 radar detector-detectors.
Spectre Undetectable: The Spectre Undetectable feature provides complete immunity to Spectre 1 radar detector-detectors.
UltraBright Data Display: A display feature that provides easy recognition of any band detected by use of band identification icons.
EasySet Programing Menu: A programming feature that allows easy, user-friendly mode selection/setting with visual guidance.
System Ready Prompt: This is a notification function which alerts the user that the radar detector has correctly completed a self-test and is ready.
City/Highway Modes: When the City mode is activated, this function filters out many of the sources for conflicting X band signals such as microwave relay towers and automatic door openers.
Digital Signal Strength Meter: This feature helps the user determine relative proximity to the target.
Audio Muting: You may choose between Auto Muting and Manual Muting. In Auto Mute mode, the alerts will be heard at the regular volume for 4 seconds, then automatically reduced to a lower level. When manually muting, you must press the Mute button while a signal is being received. This will reduce the volume of the alert in progress. The volume will return to normal for the next signal.
IntelliMute: Relative speed sensing auto mute system that virtually eliminates alerts you don't need to hear because you are either stopped or moving slowly. It senses the engine's RPM (which you have to set) and knows that you are driving at low speeds and automatically mutes alerts (except for strobe signals). Once the RPM level is set, the Cobra XRS-9400 will remember the setting.
Dim Mode: Allows you to select from three levels of brightness for the display; Bright, Dim, or Dark.
Mounting: You can mount the XRS-9400 on your dash with the supplied Velcro, or you can mount the radar detector on the windshield using the supplied mounting bracket that utilizes suction cups.
- IntelliMute Button: (Top-Left) Allows you to select Manual or Auto muting.
- Mute Button: (Left of Top-center) Allows you to turn off an alert and to switch between Voice and Tone alerts.
- Dim Button: (Right of Top-center) Allows you to select from three levels of brightness for the display; .
- SmartMute Button: Select SmartMute feature to be On or Off.
- City Button: (Top-Right) Allows you to choose between Highway and City mode.
- On-Off/Volume Control: There is a volume dial on the left side of the detector that also turns the unit on and off.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.