Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Drive with assurance
The Pro 200 radar detector from Beltronics gives you cruising confidence with its reliable long-range protection against threats. It combines advanced technology, convenient ease of use, and striking good looks to make you feel comfortable behind the wheel.
The Pro 200's ability to sniff out radar signals from far away is no joke you'll be well aware of incoming signals before you even see many of their sources. It detects the common X, K, and Ka bands, and incorporates digital signal processing that'll alert you in 500 milliseconds or less. Worried about laser? The Pro 200's multiple laser sensors have you covered from nearly every angle.
Traffic Signal Rejection
Beltronics' proprietary Traffic Signal Rejection software goes even further to reduce false alerts. It detects strong K-band signals emitted by common highway traffic flow sensors and weeds them out, eliminating meaningless alarms so you can stay focused on the real threats.
The Pro 200's defensive VG-2 immunity keeps you invisible to most radar detector detectors. You also get six programmable features and three sensitivity modes, including AutoScan speed-based filtering and city settings that reduce false alerts in urban areas.
Helpful display and voice alerts
Clear digital voice alerts give you plenty of info so you can keep your eyes on the road. And if you find yourself under a lengthy stream of incoming signals, AutoMute will automatically lower the volume level so you won't get annoyed. The 280-LED alphanumeric display keeps you informed with easy-to-read text and signal meters. You can adjust the display's brightness or go fully dark for nighttime driving.
- radar/laser detector
- quick-release windshield mount
- coiled cord
- headphone jack
- detects X, K, and Ka radar bands, plus POP instant-on
- 360° laser protection
- digital voice and audio tone alerts for radar, laser, and POP
- Traffic Sensor Rejection software eliminates false alerts from roadside traffic flow sensors
- sensitivity modes: AutoScan (speed-based), highway, and 3 city
- VG-2 immunity (invisible to radar detector detectors)
- 6 programmable features
- red 280 LED alphanumeric display
- Mute and AutoMute modes
- dimensions: 2-15/16"W x 1-3/16"H x 4-13/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Beltronics Pro 200 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This new Radar Detector has all the features I need and more. I particularly liked the remote mute on the power plug, so very convenient.
Pros: Appears sensitive, with all the bands being used today.
Cons: Could be a little smaller.
We got the Pro200 to use in our 2nd vehicle. We've had the Beltronics RX55 for 4+ years and I can't tell you how many times it's saved me. We chose the Pro200 based on it's specs, price, and our experience w/ the RX55. It definitely hasn't let us down yet. Both detectors have picked up law enforcement as far as ~2 miles ahead of us on the highway. We've found that the City Lo X seems to be the best all-around setting for our mix of driving (26 miles to work one way; mostly hwy w/ traffic; urban/suburban area). We always mount them up high on the windshield as it seems to provide more accurate detections.
Pros: Minimal false alarms in City Lo X, fits up next to/behind the mirror so it's mostly out of sight, saved me from a ticket on many occasions, great features for the price
What's in the box?
- Radar/Laser Detector
- Cigarette lighter power supply with 28" coiled cord
- Windshield mount with 2 suction cups
- 2 Spare suction cups
- Quick reference guide
Features and Specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Beltronics Pro200 provides full detection of radar and laser, alerts from the Safety Warning System, and full VG2 immunity. The unit comes equipped with a suction-cup windshield mount and a SmartPlug coiled power cord.
Detection Capability: The Beltronics Pro200 includes full X, K, Ka and Safety Warning System radar capability, 360-degree laser detection, and a fast microprocessor for delivering alerts in 500 milliseconds or less. It features a varactor-tuned (VTO) microwave receiver and digital signal processing for superior range and reduced false alarms. You can program the unit to enable all bands at once or you can select one or more bands to turn off (once you have determined there are no traffic radar units using the disabled bands in your area).
SmartPlug: The SmartPlug power cord has a power-on indicator, a bright alert light that warns of radar or laser and a convenient mute button right on the plug. It's a perfect solution for when your radar detector is out of reach or for discreet night driving when you are using the unit's Dark mode. An optional Direct-wire SmartPlug module, which can be wired directly into your vehicle's electrical system with an 8' straight cord, is available.
Traffic Signal Rejection: The Pro200 utilizes Traffic Signal Rejection to eliminate false alerts due to location or certain frequencies. Radar-based traffic flow sensors, mounted along major highways, transmit strong K-band signals for a half-second approximately every minute. These signals help produce traffic flow data for personal navigation devices, but also create numerous false radar alerts. Beltronics' proprietary Traffic Signal Rejection (TSR) software, found in the Pro200, helps eliminate annoying false alerts.
DSP (Digital Signal Processing): The digital AutoScan feature continuously analyzes all incoming signals and automatically rejects unwanted false alarms. This gives you the perfect balance of long-range detector performance without annoying false alarms.
Laser Protection: The Pro200 provides 8 times the sensitivity of any imported radar detector, including the latest "POP" mode threat. Multiple laser sensor diodes, strategically positioned in the unit, continually search for laser gun signals.
Digital Voice Alerts: The Pro200's easy to understand digital voice alerts keep you informed without taking your eyes off the road. If you prefer, you can turn off the voice announcement feature and have the unit provide audible tones instead.
Audible Alerts: The Pro200 uses audible alerts for Radar, Laser, POP, and Safety signals:
- Radar Signals: The Pro200 uses a Geiger-counter-like
sound to indicate the signal strength and type of radar signal being
encountered. When you encounter radar, a distinct audible alert will
sound and occur faster as the signal gets stronger. This allows you
to judge the distance from the signal source without taking your
eyes from the road.
- X-band: Chirping sound
- K-band: Buzzing sound
- Ka-band: Double-Chirp sound
- POP: Full Double-Chirp sound
- SWS: Double Beep sound
- Laser Signals: Since Laser signals are a possible threat no matter how weak, the Pro200 alerts you to these bands at full signal strength.
- POP Signals: Since POP signals are extremely fast K or Ka bursts, and a possible threat no matter how weak, the Pro200 alerts you to these bands at full signal strength.
- Safety Signals: The Pro200 will alert you to these signals with a double-beep tone, and a corresponding text message.
Sensitivity: You can set the Pro200 to three sensitivity modes:
- Highway Mode: detects all signals at maximum range
- AutoScan Mode: the unit's internal computer continuously analyzes all incoming signals and intelligently filters out unwanted X and K-band false alarms. Full sensitivity is maintained on all other bands.
- City Mode: the X and K-band sensitivity is further reduced to eliminate unwanted false alarms in congested urban areas. There are options for Low X and No X sensitivity settings.
Display: The Pro200 features a bright, alphanumeric display that consists of 280 individual LEDs, visible from virtually any angle. The unit offers three display options:
- Signal Strength Meter: The standard bar-graph signal strength meter only displays information on a single radar signal. If there are multiple signals present, the unit's internal computer determines which is the most important threat to show on the bar-graph meter.
- Threat Display: Designed for experienced users, the Threat Display is a miniature spectrum analyzer that simultaneously tracks multiple radar signals and their relative strengths which can help you spot a change in your normal driving environment.
- Tech Display: The Tech Display option, also for experienced detector users, will display the actual numeric frequency of the radar signal being received.
Brightness Control: The Pro200 offers three levels of brightness, plus a Dark Mode. Dark Mode uses the power-on and alert indicators on the SmartPlug as the only visual indicator.
Mute and AutoMute: The Pro200 features the AutoMute feature, which automatically reduces the volume level during an alert. Or, you can simply press the large front-mounted Mute button on the detector or on the SmartPlug during an alert to instantly quiet the audio.
Programming: There are 6 user-selectable options so you can customize the Pro200 for your own preferences:
- Pilot (Power-on indication): choose full word (Highway, AutoScan, or City) or letter (H, A, or C) in the display.
- Voice Alerts: turn digital voice announcement On or Off
- Power-On Sequence: choose between the standard Power-On function or the Fast Power-On function
- AutoMute: turn this function either On or Off
- City Mode Sensitivity: select Standard, Low X, or No X.
- Bands: select between the radar detector's default setting (all bands) or choose to turn one or more of the bands off
Mounting: You will get optimum performance from the detector if you mount it at a point approximately in the center of the vehicle, as low as possible on the front windshield without obstructing the view of the road to the front or rear. The supplied windshield mount adheres the detector to the windshield with two suction cups. The angle can be adjusted for best visibility.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing two or more models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Krissy Jun 02, 2015 ] Staff