Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Focal Power Performance (FPP) amplifiers give your music the clean and powerful boost it needs to sound its best. The FPP 1000 mono subwoofer amp can drive a sub or two with up to 500 watts RMS, adding the excitement and impact of great bass in your vehicle.
Extra control over your bass
It's frustrating when you can't get your bass exactly the way you want it — this amp features a low-pass filter, a subsonic filter, variable bass boost, and a phase switch, so you can make those little adjustments that'll give you perfect bass tones. And you can control the level from the front seat, with the included wired remote.
Solid, smart construction
The FPP 1000 sports a heavy aluminum chassis that disperses heat efficiently, so it runs cool even when you're pushing your system hard. This FPP amp also includes high-level inputs with signal-sensing, so you can hook one up to any receiver even a factory stereo without needing a separate turn-on lead.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 300 watts RMS CEA-2006 x 1 at 4 ohms
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- variable low-pass filter filter (50-150 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- subsonic filter (35 Hz, 24 dB/oct)
- variable bass boost (0-9 dB at 50 Hz)
- phase switch
- wired remote level control included
- Class-AB amplifier design
- differential-balanced inputs help eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- frequency response: 10-150 Hz
- speaker-level and preamp inputs
- preamp outputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 25A x 2
- 14-15/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 7-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
My system has plenty of power. Who needs an amp?
You might think you don't need an amp because you have a 400-watt system in your car, or because your new stereo puts out 50 watts a channel. But those are peak wattage ratings, which may boil down to 15 or 20 watts per channel, using the more realistic RMS rating. An amp sends your speakers the power they need to deliver your music with clarity and impact, whether you're using factory speakers or high-performance components. And low-frequency reproduction requires lots of power, so an amp is an absolute must if you're adding a sub to your system.
Focal FPP 1000 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Black mono subwoofer amplifier
- Four 25 amp ATO fuses (two installed)
- Four 2-3/4" Allen-head self-tapping screws
- 12" Speaker-level input harnesses (4-pin Molex plug on one end)
- External remote control
- 15' External remote control cable (RJ-14 plug on both ends)
- 5mm Allen wrench
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 2.5m Allen wrench
- 4 Adhesive backed rubber washers
- User Manual (English/ French)
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
300 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||500 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-150 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||85 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-150 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-9 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Focal Power Performance series amplifiers feature a class-AB design for excellent sound quality. The aluminum chassis efficiently dissipates heat to protect the amp from thermal overload. The front-mounted connections and top-mounted controls are easily accessible for a clean installation.
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a new system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4-ohm load with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) plus noise. Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. Following the CEA-2006 criteria, the FPP 1000 is rated at 300 Watts RMS x 1 channel with an 85dBA signal to noise ratio.
2-Ohm Stable: The FPP 1000 is stable down to 2-ohms. The amplifier is rated at 500 Watts RMS x 1 channel in 2 ohms.
Top-mounted Controls: The amplifier has controls conveniently mounted on the top panel under a removable cover. The controls include:
- Gain Control: rotary control; continuously variable from 0.2 volts to 5.0 volts for the line level inputs and 0.4 volts to 9.0 volts for the speaker level inputs
- Subsonic: 2-position switch the turn the subsonic filter on/off; the subsonic filter crossover point is 35 Hz and the slope is 24 dB/octave
- Frequency: rotary control to adjust the low pass crossover point; continuously variable from 50 Hz to 150 Hz; the slope is 12 dB/octave
- Bass Boost: rotary control to adjust the bass boost; 0-9 dB, centered at 50 Hz
- Phase: 2-position switch to easily reverse the subwoofer's polarity; 0°/180°
Front-mounted Terminals: The FPP 1000 has all of its connections on the front of the amplifier for a clean installation. The terminals include:
- Speaker Output: one pair of set-screw terminals for connecting a subwoofer; accepts up to 7-gauge wire; tightened/loosened with the supplied 2.5mm Allen wrench
- External Remote: RJ-14 jack for use with the included external remote control; the external remote controls the output level of the subwoofer
- Line Input: Left and right channel RCA jacks for the input signal from the head unit
- Line Output: Left and right channel RCA output jacks to daisy-chain another amplifier without having to run an additional set of cables
- Hi Level Inputs: 4-pin Molex jack for use with the supplied speaker level input harness
- Fuses: the amp is protected by two 25-amp ATO-type fuses; spare fuses are included with the amplifier
- Power: two set-screw terminals for connecting the power and ground cables; they can accept up to 3-gauge wire; a 4-gauge wiring kit is recommended for this amp; tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm Allen wrench
- Remote: set screw terminal for the remote turn-on lead; will accept up to 7-gauge wire; tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm Allen wrench
External Remote Control: The amp has an RJ-14 jack for use with the included external wired remote control. The amplifier also includes a 15' cable to connect the remote to the amplifier. This remote allows you to adjust the output level of the subwoofer from your listening position. The remote features a rotary knob and a power LED that illuminates when the amplifier is powered on. The remote has two screw holes and can be mounted under the dash (mounting screws not included). The wired remote dimensions are:
- Width: 1-5/8"
- Height: 1"
- Depth: 1-3/4" (2-3/8" including knob and wiring)
Auto Power On: When using the speaker level input, the Auto Power On circuit senses an input signal and turns the amp on automatically. This feature makes it easier to add an amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs.
Protection Circuitry: The FPP amplifiers employ four protection circuits: short circuit, thermal overload, over voltage, and polarity reversal.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.