Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Focal Solid 1 Mono Subwoofer Amplifier
Focal makes sure that nothing stands in the way of your music, especially your amplifier. Each Focal Solid amp features low-noise inputs that let you connect to almost any receiver even your factory stereo. Available in black or red, this clean-looking, unassuming amp features an aluminum chassis that disperses heat efficiently, so it runs cool even when you're pushing your system hard.
The power and control you need
The Solid 1 mono amp delivers up to 470 watts RMS to your subwoofers, producing remarkably accurate and hard-hitting bass. This amplifier's controls include a phase-reversal switch, an adjustable bass boost, and low-pass/subsonic filters that shape output precisely, so you get the best possible performance from the sub and enclosure in your vehicle.
Reliable sub performance
Short-circuit, over-current, and thermal overload protection circuits ensure that this amp will reproduce your bass notes with breathtaking realism for years to come. A wired remote lets you adjust the level of bass on the fly.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (470 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable low-pass filter filter (50-150 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- subsonic filter (35 Hz, 24 dB/oct)
- variable bass boost (0-9 dB at 50 Hz)
- wired remote level control included
- Class-AB amplifier design
- frequency response: 10-150 Hz
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 25A x 2
- 11-13/16"W x 2"H x 7-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
My system has plenty of power. Who needs an amp?
You might think you don't need an amp because you have a 400-watt system in your car, or because your new stereo puts out 50 watts a channel. But those are peak wattage ratings, which may boil down to 15 or 20 watts per channel, using the more realistic RMS rating. An amp sends your speakers the power they need to deliver your music with clarity and impact, whether you're using factory speakers or high-performance components. And low-frequency reproduction requires lots of power, so an amp is an absolute must if you're adding a sub to your system.
Focal Solid 1 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Black mono amplifier with two 25A ATC fuses inserted
- Terminal cover
- 2 Spare 25A ATC fuses
- Remote bass control module
- 16.5' Bass control cable (with RJ-14 modular plugs on each end)
- 5 Allen-head self-tapping screws (length=2")
- 2 Self-tapping screws (length=3/4")
- 12" Speaker-level input harness (with 4-pin Molex plug on one end)
- 4 Hex wrenches (5mm/4mm/3mm/2mm)
- User Manual (Eng/Fren/Span + 6 other languages)
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
300 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||470 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-150 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-150 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-9 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||25 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Solid Series Amplifiers: The Focal Solid 1 amplifier is part of the Solid series of amplifiers, which feature AB-class amplification for excellent sound quality. Their all-aluminum chassis efficiently dissipates heat to protect the amp from thermal overload. The compact size makes the amp easier to install in tight places. The front-mounted connections and top-mounted controls are easily accessible for a clean installation.
Top-mounted Controls: The amplifier has controls conveniently mounted on the top panel under a removable cover. The controls include:
- Gain Control: You can adjust the level of the input signal with this rotary control. Range is 0.2 Volts to 5.0 Volts.
- Subsonic Filter: This two-way switch lets you turn on or off the 35 Hz subsonic filter. The subsonic filter has a slope of 24 dB/octave.
- Low-pass Filter: Using the rotary control, you can select a cutoff frequency between 50 Hz and 150 Hz. The low-pass filter has a slope of 12 dB/octave. The low-pass filter is not defeatable.
- Bass Boost: The bass boost, centered at 60 Hz, is variable between 0 dB and +9 dB, using this rotary control.
- Phase: The two-way switch lets you set the operation at 0 (normal) or 180 (reverse).
Remote Bass Control: The Solid 1 has a front-mounted port with an RJ-14 jack for connecting the supplied remote bass control module. When the module is connected, you can control the level of the subwoofer independent of the main sound system volume control. The module has a 16-1/2' cable and a dash-mountable rotary control knob.
Front-mounted Terminals: The Solid 1 has all of the cable connections on the front of the amplifier for a clean installation. The terminals include:
- Speaker Outputs: One pair of set-screw terminals are provided for connecting a speaker. The terminals can accept up to 7-gauge wire. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm Hex wrench. Note: You must first remove the terminal cover in order to access the set screws for the speaker and power terminals.
- Remote Control: An RJ-14 jack for connecting the supplied remote bass control module.
- Line Output: Left and right RCA jacks for sending the input to another amplifier. The line output is unaffected by the amplifier's crossovers.
- Line Input: Left and right RCA jacks for the input signal from the head unit.
- Hi Level Input: A 4-pin Molex jack for connecting the supplied speaker-level input harness.
- ATC Fuses: The amp is equipped with two 25-amp ATC-type fuses. Two spare fuses are included with the amplifier.
- Power Input: Two set-screw terminals are provided for connecting the power and ground cables. The terminals can accept up to 2-gauge wire, however, a 4-gauge wiring kit is sufficient for the 50-amp rating of the built-in fuse. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 4mm Hex wrench.
- Remote: A set screw terminal for connecting the remote turn-on lead. The terminal will accept up to 16-gauge wire. The set screw can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 2mm Hex wrench.
Protection Circuitry: The Solid 1 amplifier employs the following protection circuits: short circuit, thermal overload, over voltage, polarity reversal.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Zak Billmeier, Ken Nail
Crutchfield's car audio experts Ken and Zak present an overview of Focal car audio products. Focal is a leading name in high-quality sound and Crutchfield is proud to have them in our lineup.