Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Focal Solid 4 Car Amplifier
Focal makes sure that nothing stands in the way of your music, especially your amplifier. Each Focal Solid amp features low-noise inputs that let you connect to almost any receiver even your factory stereo. Available in black or red, this clean-looking, unassuming amp features an aluminum chassis that disperses heat efficiently, so it runs cool even when you're pushing your system hard.
The power and control you need
The four-channel Solid 4 amp puts out 75 watts RMS per channel to your front and rear speakers, or you can send 200 watts RMS each to a pair of subwoofers, giving your bass some real impact. You can also bridge the rear channels to power one sub, then use the front channels to drive a set of full-range speakers. A wired remote lets you adjust gain on the fly. High- and low-pass filters shape amplifier output to match your speakers, your vehicle, and your music.
The amp's ultra-high frequency response brings out all the overtones that add realism to your music. Short-circuit, over-current, and thermal overload protection circuits ensure that this full-range amp will reproduce your music with breathtaking realism for years to come.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-150 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Class-AB amplifier design
- frequency response: 10-60,000 Hz
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 25A x 2
- 11-13/16"W x 2"H x 7-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
My system has plenty of power. Who needs an amp?
You might think you don't need an amp because you have a 400-watt system in your car, or because your new stereo puts out 50 watts a channel. But those are peak wattage ratings, which may boil down to 15 or 20 watts per channel, using the more realistic RMS rating. An amp sends your speakers the power they need to deliver your music with clarity and impact, whether you're using factory speakers or high-performance components. And low-frequency reproduction requires lots of power, so an amp is an absolute must if you're adding a sub to your system.
Focal Solid 4 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Focal Solid 4
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Straightforward installation. Very clean sound. Very happy with my purchase. I am running a set of Focal 165 VR's off two channels and one channel is bridged to a JL Audio 12 W 1. This is installed in a regular cab pickup. This system sounds better than systems I have had in the past with much more money invested. Granted I spent much more time on the install with Dynamat, excellent patch cables and speaker wire but very pleased with the sound quality. Just finished install about a week ago so we will see about the longevity but so far so good. Thanks Crutchfield!!!
Really a nice amp. This was my first attempt at installing an amp. A bit more labor intensive than just changing out speakers, but the instructions provided by Crutchfield made the task very doable. I've got another one just like it that I'll be installing in my son's car this weekend. After installing the first one in my vehicle, I don't anticipate any problems with this installation..
What's in the box?
- Red four-channel amplifier with two 25A ATC fuses inserted
- Terminal cover
- 2 Spare 25A ATC fuses
- Remote bass control module
- 16.5' Bass control cable (with RJ-14 modular plugs on each end)
- 5 Allen-head self-tapping screws (length=2")
- 2 Self-tapping screws (length=3/4")
- Two 12" Speaker-level input harnesses (each with a 4-pin Molex plug on one end)
- 4 Hex wrenches (5mm/4mm/3mm/2mm)
- User Manual (Eng/Fren/Span + 6 other languages)
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 4
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-60k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-150 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-150 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Fuse Rating||25 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness (x2)|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Solid Series Amplifiers: The Focal Solid 4 amplifier is part of the Solid series of amplifiers, which feature AB-class amplification for excellent sound quality. Their all-aluminum chassis efficiently dissipates heat to protect the amp from thermal overload. The compact size makes the amp easier to install in tight places. The front-mounted connections and top-mounted controls are easily accessible for a clean installation.
Top-mounted Controls: The amplifier has controls conveniently mounted on the top panel under a removable cover. There are two sets of controls: the top row for channels 1 and 2 (front), and the bottom row for channels 3 and 4 (rear). The controls include:
- Gain Control: You can adjust the level of the input signal with this rotary control. Range is 0.2 Volts to 5.0 Volts.
- Crossover Switch: This 3-way switch lets you select the crossover operation as High-pass, Full-range, or Low-Pass.
- Frequency: Using the rotary control, you can select a cutoff frequency between 50 Hz and 150 Hz. The crossover has a slope of 12 dB/octave.
Front-mounted Terminals: The Solid 4 has all of the cable connections on the front of the amplifier for a clean installation. The terminals include:
- Speaker Outputs: Four pairs of set-screw terminals are provided for connecting speakers. The terminals can accept up to 7-gauge wire. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm Hex wrench. Note: You must first remove the terminal cover in order to access the set screws for the speaker and power terminals.
- Remote Control: An RJ-14 jack for connecting the supplied remote bass control module.
- Line Inputs: Front and rear pairs of left and right RCA jacks for the input signal from the head unit.
- Hi Level Inputs: Front and rear 4-pin Molex jacks for connecting the supplied speaker-level input harnesses.
- Fader Switch: A two-way switch for configuring the amp for two-channel or four-channel inputs. If you have a 4-channel input signal, you should push in the fader switch so you can fade from front to back using the head unit fader. If you have only a two-channel input signal, the switch should be in the Off position so all 4 channels of the amplifier can be fed with the 2-channel input signal, with no fading available.
- ATC Fuses: The amp is equipped with two 25-amp ATC-type fuse. Two spare fuses are included with the amplifier.
- Power Input: Two set-screw terminals are provided for connecting the power and ground cables. The terminals can accept up to 2-gauge wire, however, a 4-gauge wiring kit is sufficient for the 50-amp rating of the built-in fuse. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 4mm Hex wrench.
- Remote: A set screw terminal for connecting the remote turn-on lead. The terminal will accept up to 16-gauge wire. The set screw can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 2mm Hex wrench.
Protection Circuitry: The Solid 4 amplifier employs the following protection circuits: short circuit, thermal overload, over voltage, polarity reversal.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Zak Billmeier, Ken Nail
Crutchfield's car audio experts Ken and Zak present an overview of Focal car audio products. Focal is a leading name in high-quality sound and Crutchfield is proud to have them in our lineup.