Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Thule's Sonic cargo carrier combines practical thinking with sleek styling. The low-profile design reduces aerodynamic drag and wind noise, while dual door openings make it easy to load or unload from either side of the vehicle.
Available in four sizes:
- Alpine: holds 11 cubic feet of cargo
- Large: holds 13 cubic feet of cargo
- X Large: holds 17 cubic feet of cargo
- XX Large: holds 22 cubic feet of cargo
Thule's patented rear-angled base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance. This carrier is also available in a glossy black finish.
- holds 17 cubic feet of cargo
- patented AeroNose design reduces drag and wind noise
- fits Thule rack systems, round bars, and most factory racks
- patented rear-angled base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance
- AcuTight Mounting "clicks" when you reach optimal hold to ensure your box is secure
- oversized SecureLock ensures the box is closed properly
- dual doors allow loading and unloading from either side of the vehicle
- low-profile design looks great and fits into most garage/parking structures
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Thule Sonic™ Cargo Carriers (Silver) Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Thule cargo carrier
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
OK, I bought scratch and dent model. Surprise! No scratches or dents-- very good condition. Thank you Crutchfield. (The box however was so beat up the ups guys called to warn me).
As far as the thule goes-- installs easy; fits secure; looks great; holds alot of stuff; seems well made. Love the knobs you turn to lock down the clamps that secures the box to the car rack, well designed. Took the thule camping to the Blue Ridge, and on my Scion, there was no extra noise and no noticable drop in miles per gallon.
Why did i ding it star-- well when I first installed the thule, there was no warning that you should not open one side if the other side is open. Well there was a warning, but further down the instructions. Too late for me. Make sure you close the first side and lock it before going to the other side to open. It took a good 45 minutes to get the fiddly hinges right to close it properly. You are warned.
Overall-- very satisfied.
Pros: Quality fit and finish; looks good; aerodynamic-- no noticable wind noise or mileage drop.
Cons: The hinges are a little finicky, (especially if you do like I did and try to open one side without locking the other); and closing the case can be a challenge if you stuff a lot of gear in the box, having to mash down on the lid. Memo to self, don't overstuff the thule.