In-dash DVD receiver/navigation system
Item #: 099AVN6610
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $919.99
The Eclipse AVN6610 DVD player fills your vehicle's double-sized, 4" tall dash opening with a full array of entertainment options, as well as a comprehensive navigation system that gets you where you need to go. The 7" monitor makes it easy to view movies, navigation screens, and menus, with the ability to enter commands with just a touch of the screen.
Two DVD slots
The AVN6610's two DVD slots make it possible to entertain everyone in your car. The first slot houses your map DVD-ROM, while the second lets you play a DVD or CD. You can listen to your favorite music on standard CDs or custom MP3/WMA mixes you've burned on CD, while still receiving turn-by-turn directions from the navigation system.
Taking a long trip with kids? Dual-zone mode lets you send DVD picture and sound to the video screen you've installed for your rear passengers, while you use navigation or enjoy another music source up front.
The AVN6610 features a dedicated drive just for your navigation system, so you won't have to install an extra navigation box in your vehicle. In major cities, the navigator guides you with detailed views of streets, buildings, and recognizable landmarks. You'll always get up to three route options to take to any given destination choose from the two quickest routes, a shortest distance route, or explore more options for a scenic drive. The system contains more than 8.5 million points of interest, so you'll always be aware of what's around you, even in unfamiliar territory.
For added information, the AVN6610 gives you the option of adding SIRIUS Traffic for real-time traffic data. The system keeps you up to date on accidents, traffic flow and congestion, and road closings that may throw a wrench in your travel plans.
Surround sound in your car
Want to maximize the movie experience in your vehicle? Circle Surround II delivers convincing surround effects with just four car speakers it'll work with your DVDs and your stereo recordings, too. You can also enhance the bass in your music, or compensate for low-mounted door speakers by bringing the sound up to ear level. To dial in the sound for your car, you can adjust each of the seven frequency points on the built-in equalizer individually, or just trace your desired EQ curve with your finger on the touchscreen.
Eclipse gives you room to expand your system. Eclipse's optional iPod® interface allows you to connect and control your iPod, and you can enjoy hands-free operation of your Bluetooth® phone with the optional Bluetooth adapter. Integrate an Eclipse SIRIUS satellite radio or HD Radio tuner for the best radio entertainment around.
You can add an Eclipse rear-view camera to get a clear view when you back up. And three sets of 5-volt preamp outputs send a clean signal to the external amplifiers you use to drive your speakers and subs.
- DVD/CD player with navigation and built-in amplifier (15 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels, CEA-2006 compliant)
- fits double-sized (4" tall) dash openings
- motorized 7" LCD video screen with adjustable display angle and touchscreen controls
- two DVD slots
- plays CDs, CD-Rs/RWs, DVDs, DVD-Rs/RWs, DVD+Rs/RWs and MP3/WMA discs
- Circle Surround II simulates surround effects with four car speakers
- five soundfields: cathedral, club, concert, live, theater
- 7-band parametric EQ
- 24-bit digital-to-analog converter for full, detailed sound
- AM/FM tuner
- 18 FM/6 AM presets
- GPS navigation (includes GPS antenna and map DVD-ROM) featuring map and voice turn-by-turn guidance
- City Map mode maps that render accurate representations of specific buildings and landmarks in many cities
- 8.55 million points of interest (hotels, restaurants, gas stations, etc.)
- customizable route preferences
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio and SIRIUS Traffic-ready (you can add SIRIUS for under $100, plus subscription)
- compatible with Eclipse iPod control interface, HD Radio tuner, TV tuner, and CD changer
- audio/video input
- rear-view camera input
- audio/video output
- dual-zone capable
- 5-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
Other features and specs:
- FM sensitivity: 12 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why install a car stereo with built-in GPS?
Imagine taking a trip as your car's receiver gives you directions, finds the best restaurant for dinner, and plays movies for your back seat denizens. Navigation receivers cover all the bases, with GPS guidance, DVD playback, and a host of other useful features. You can search through millions of points of interest to locate gas stations, restaurants, museums, and other interesting spots, wherever you are. Most receivers offer Bluetooth capability for hands-free calling, along with the ability to search through your iPod playlists with touchscreen controls.
Eclipse AVN6610 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The Eclipse AVN6610 is worth every penny. I upgraded from a AVN5435 which was a nice unit as well, but I wanted to add the Sirius Traffic function; which the AVN6610 provides. This function has proven to be very useful in the traffic nightmare of the D.C. beltway. This unit also offers a 7" screen and the ease of use is a big bonus. The menu layouts are not complicated and flow easily from screen to screen. I decided to save the $300 plus and install it myself. It was time consuming, but well worth it. This is the first time I have tried anything like this, but if you can follow directions you can install this system. I did use the Crutchfield tech support (thanks...Paul) line wich proved to be an essential perk that Crutchfield offers to its customers. I don't think I would have been able to install the system without it. Overall the audio is great the video is great and the GPS is great, I can't think of anything I don't like about it. The Eclipse name is a big reason I chose this product. I have never had a problem with anything I have bought from Eclipse. Excellent product!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The AVN 6610 is a decent in dash nav/av unit. The video quality is great, the audio quality is outstanding. The Nav is a bit slow but it is DVD based and that is what happens. I upgraded from a 6600 and this unit is night and day better than the 6600.
So far my only complaints are that it will not play MP3DVD's like the panasonic claims to, the MP3/WMA playback is great but it does seem to take the unit a few moments to load the disc and occasionally the scrolling of the tracks is slow. Also there is no sub woofer on/off toggle, even my hundred dollar pioneer unit i put in my work vehicle has that option, sometimes you just don't need the bass. Once you get the hang of the unit's menu system it seems less thrown together.
All in all it is an eclipse unit and holds up to their good name.
The Eclipse AVN6610 is very nice. The best I have ever owned
Pros great sound quialty
navigation is right on (Being dvd based a little
slower than I would like.)
picture quialty grade A
bluetooth adaptor work very smooth
ipod works very well
back up cam is smooth
Cons the simple bottoms to use are a little pain to use
(the title bottom for sat radio & subwoofer
does titles cd
I upgrade from a AVN6600 & before that AVN5435 and very happy.
The main reason that one likes these piece is bescause of the nagvigtion. It works perfect being able to look up a place many different ways. Zooming into 150ft is nice to veiw and makes easier to see bad intersections. It lets you choose between three routes which is nice. The detour featue work nice. I do love how the voice of the navigation comes only out of the driver speaker so I can still listen to my music at the same time. One thing you do but you do not think about is you can use it as a phone book if you know the business name. The thing to keep I mind is everyone one piece has problems or does not have something that you would like. So find one that has the moost features that you would use and go for it. When it is all said and done AVN6610 is the best navigation unit I have every used.
What's in the box?
- Double-DIN DVD receiver with 7" LCD screen
- 8 Flat-head ISO-DIN mounting screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 8 Hex-head/Phillips-head ISO-DIN mounting bolts (M5 x 8mm)
- Plastic trim panel
- E-LAN connector harness
- Power/Front speaker wiring harness
- Preamp output/steering wheel remote connector harness
- Rear speaker wiring harness
- Audio/Video input harness
- Speed pulse/Parking brake/Reverse harness
- Video output/Rear Seat Entertainment harness
- Magnetic base GPS antenna with attached 19.5' cable
- Waterproof rubber cushion for GPS antenna cable
- Ground plate (2-1/2" x 2-1/2")
- Body protective sheet
- 3 Wire splicing clamps
- Four 8" wire ties
- DVD map software for Eclipse Navigation System on DVD (Ver.3.0)
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Installation Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Warranty/Registration card
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||15 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|FM Sensitivity||12 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
7" Widescreen TFT Display: The Eclipse AVN6610 is equipped with a 7" Widescreen TFT low-reflection display with touch screen control. The LCD panel has 280,800 pixels (400 x 234 x 3). The motorized screen slides down and out to allow you access to the disc slots. You can also set the display panel to one of 7 angles between 0° and approximately 30° for best viewing.
Dual Disc Slots: Behind the motorized LCD panel, the AVN6610 has two disc slots: one for DVDs, CDs and MP3/WMA discs, and another for the supplied Eclipse Navigation disc. You can independently load and eject discs from each slot, allowing you to listen to a CD or MP3/WMA disc while using the DVD navigation function.
Digital Signal Processor: The unit's DSP offers three sound adjustments for total audio control:
- Soundfield Control: The DSP's Soundfield Control features 5 distinctive acoustic environments to match your listening tastes: Concert, Live, Cathedral, Club, and Theater.
- 7-Band Parametric EQ: Using the touch screen controls, you can adjust the following EQ bands +/-10dB in 2dB steps: Band 1: (63Hz, 80Hz, or 100Hz), Band 2: (125Hz, 160Hz, or 200Hz), Band 3: (250Hz, 315Hz, 400Hz, or 500Hz), Band 4: (630Hz, 800Hz, 1kHz, or 1.25kHz), Band 5: (1.6kHz, 2kHz, 2.5kHz, or 3.15kHz), Band 6: (4kHz, 5kHz, 6.3kHz, or 8kHz), and Band 7: (10kHz, 12.5kHz, or 16kHz). You can select the Q Factor from Q1 (Wide), Q2 (Normal) or Q3 (Narrow). In addition, the unit's EQ has five memory presets for easy recall. You can also set the EQ to Flat.
- Listening Position: The digitally time-aligned listening position settings approximate the ideal position of being equidistant from the speakers. You can select one of four listening positions: front left, front right, all front, or all rear. You can also set the balance and fade volume controls using the touch controls.
Circle Surround II: The AVN6610's offers SRS Circle Surround II (CS II), an advanced surround sound decoder that enables multi-channel surround sound output using surround encoded, stereo, or mono material. CS II features two patented SRS post processing technologies; Dialog Clarity for clearer vocal intelligibility and TruBass for improved low frequency response. CS II works well in the car environment because it is extremely forgiving regarding speaker placement and listener location.
TruBass: SRS TruBass is a signal processing technology for bass enhancement. It uses psychoacoustics and speaker driver physics to increase the perception of bass while decreasing demands on the driver.
Harmonizer: When playing MP3 or WMA files, the Harmonizer helps recreate the depth lost when the files were compressed. Setting options are high, low, and off.
5-Volt, Low-Impedance Preamp Outputs: To assure a clean, strong signal to connected amplifiers, the AVN6600 has 3 pairs of 5-volt preamp outputs with an impedance of 55Ω. High-voltage, low-impedance outputs give you a very high signal-to-noise ratio and a wide dynamic range.
A/V Inputs/Outputs: The AVN6610 is equipped with one audio/video input with composite video and stereo RCA audio jacks for connecting a VCR or game console. Video from the A/V input can only be viewed when the vehicle is stopped and the parking brake engaged. The unit also has a composite video output for connecting an external monitor.
Dual Play: When an optional rear seat monitor is used, you can provide rear seat entertainment separate from what's being heard or viewed by the front seat passengers. When Dual Play is turned on, you can select Disc (DVD, CD, MP3/WMA) or TV (Live TV broadcasts using an optional TV tuner). Rear seat audio is played through the monitor's built-in speaker or optional headphones. Dual Play combinations can be as follows:
|Selected Audio Mode for Front Seat||Selected Audio Mode for Rear Seat|
ESN Security: This unit is equipped with the Eclipse Security Network. ESN works by registering a particular music CD as a "key" which unlocks the security. If the power supply is disconnected, then reconnected, the "key" CD must be inserted before the navigation or audio functions will work. You can turn the security on or off, or change the "key" CD as desired.
Rear View Camera Ready: The AVN6610 has a dedicated rear port for plugging in the optional BEC106 (item number 099BEC106) Rear View Camera. The BEC106 is designed to assist you with rear parking or eliminate the dangerous blind spot immediately behind your vehicle. In the setup menu, you can select Auto or Manual operation of the rear view camera. When Auto is selected, and the reverse gear detection wire is properly connected, the image from the rear camera will appear on the LCD panel whenever you put the vehicle in reverse. When Manual is selected, you can view the rear view camera image by simply switching to the Rear View Camera source.
Subwoofer Output: In addition to the front and rear preamp outputs, there is a dedicated subwoofer preamp out. The sub output has several adjustable parameters:
- Output: stereo or mono
- Level: -6 to +6 (relative to the main volume)
- Phase: normal or reverse
- Crossover Point: 63 Hz, 80 Hz, 100 Hz, 125 Hz, 160 Hz, or 200 Hz
- Crossover Slope: 6 dB/oct, 12 dB/oct, or pass (full range)
- High Pass: when the slope is set to 6 dB/oct or 12 dB/oct, the high pass crossover is simultaneously engaged for the front and rear speaker and line outputs
Optional Remote Control: The AVN6610 can be controlled by the optional RMC105 wireless remote control (item number 099RMC105).
Steering Wheel Remote: The steering wheel remote connections are compatible with voltage detection-type OEM steering wheel remote controls.
Image Quality: The display Tint, Color, Contrast, and Brightness are adjustable.
Screen Mode: There are four screen aspect modes:
- Normal: displays 4:3 material with black bars on the sides
- Wide 1: 4:3 material is uniformly expanded horizontally to fill the screen
- Wide 2: the edges of 4:3 material are expanded horizontally to fill the screen, the center is not stretched
- Wide 3: 4:3 material is uniformly expanded horizontally and vertically to fill the screen (a portion of the top and bottom of the image is lost)
Bluetooth Interface Ready: With the optional BT-E600 Bluetooth adapter (item number 099BTE600), you can make and receive calls hands-free on your Bluetooth-capable cellular phone.
iPod Interface Ready: You can enjoy music from your Apple iPod when it's connected to the head unit via the optional Eclipse iPC-106 Interface Adapter for iPod (item number 099IPC106). The adapter is compatible only with iPods with a dock connector. While connected, the unit will charge the iPod's battery.
Sirius Satellite Ready: With the optional Eclipse SIR-ECL1 Sirius Satellite Radio tuner (item number 099SIRECL1), you can receive Sirius Satellite Radio programming on the AVN6610. Sirius Satellite Radio offers more than 120 channels of original programming, including 65 commercial-free, digital-quality music channels, plus news, talk, sports, entertainment, and children's programming. Sirius programming is available only in the 48 contiguous states. A subscription to Sirius Satellite Radio is required in order to receive Sirius programming.
XM Satellite Ready: The Audiovox XMDirect2 Eclipse Connection Cable (220CNPECL1, sold separately) allows you to connect the Audiovox XMDirect2 Universal XM Satellite Radio tuner (Item 220CNP20UC, sold separately) to the Eclipse AVN6610. The Eclipse Connection Cable and XMDirect2 XM Tuner allow you to receive XM Satellite Radio programming through the AVN6610 mutlimedia headunit and control XM programming using the AVN6610's touch-screen controls. XM Satellite Radio programming offers 170 digital radio channels including 69 channels of commercial free music, plus news, sports, talk, comedy, and other entertainment programming from coast to coast. XM also offers instant traffic and weather alerts for 21 major US cities, as well as live sports broadcasts from Major League Baseball, NHL, the PGA tour, Indy car racing and several major college conferences.
HD Radio Ready: The AVN6610 is compatible with the optional HDR105 HD Radio Tuner (item number 099HDR105). When the HDR105 is connected, you can enjoy the digital sound quality of your favorite radio stations that are now broadcasting in HD. Digital broadcasts from FM stations sound as good as CDs, and AM stations sound as good as today's analog FM stations. The tuner has an E-LAN pass-through connection, allowing you to daisy chain an Eclipse CD changer.
TV Tuner Ready: You can tune local, over-the-air TV stations on the AVN6610 when the unit is connected to the optional Eclipse TVR105 TV tuner unit.
CD Changer Ready: You can connect up to two Eclipse 8-disc CD changers to the AVN6610 thorough the E-LAN bus connector. The CH3083 CD changer (item number 099CH3083) has a pass-through connection to allow you to daisy chain another CH3083 changer. You can independently select either changer from the head unit. The AVN6610 has the following CD Changer controls: Track Skip, Fast Forward, Fast Reverse, Disc Skip, Track Intro Scan, Disc Intro Scan, Repeat Track, Repeat Disc, Current Disc Random, and All Disc Random.
Safety Video Lockout: For safety reasons, DVD video cannot be viewed on the built-in screen unless the vehicle is stopped and the parking brake is engaged.
DVD Compatibility: The AVN6610 is compatible with DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW discs. DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW playback is possible only when the discs are recorded in the Video mode. Discs recorded in the VR (Video Recording) mode, and discs not finalized will not play in this unit.
Operation Screen: When you want to search for a specific chapter or scene, you can touch the screen to display the Operation Screen. The top of the Operation Screen indicates the title and chapter number, the title elapsed time, the current playback mode, and icons for multiple angles, Dolby Digital, etc. The bottom of the screen provides you with function keys for fast forward/reverse, play/pause, stop, search, menu, and subtitles.
Rear Monitor Output: The AVN6610 has an A/V output (composite video, stereo audio) to allow you to connect a rear video monitor.
DVD-ROM Navigation: The AVN6610 features built-in DVD Navigation, and includes one DVD-ROM disc containing the map database of the United States and Canada (except for Hawaii and Alaska). The navigation system uses maps and voice instructions to guide you as you are driving. You can use the unit's touch controls to make menu selections.
GPS: The unit uses the Global Positioning System (GPS) to pinpoint your present location by using latitudinal and longitudinal data received from three or more satellites. A GPS antenna is included with the unit, and should be mounted in a position (inside or outside) with a clear view of the sky.
Search Methods: The navigation system gives you several methods for searching for a destination:
- Address: By simply inputting the street name and street number, you can display a map showing the destination.
- Points of Interest (POI): The map database contains some 8.55 million points of interest (parks, schools, hospitals, restaurants, banks, etc.) which can be entered as a destination. You can also display the icons of specific types of POIs on the maps as you travel to show you the nearest gas station, restaurant, ATM, grocery store, or hotel.
- Map: You can point to any place on the map, and the unit will calculate a route to that spot.
- Freeway Exit/Entrance: A search can be initiated using the name of a freeway or an exit or entrance.
- Intersection: You can enter the names of two intersecting streets, and the unit will calculate a route to that intersection.
- Coordinates: A map can be displayed by directly entering the latitude and longitude coordinates.
- Emergency Search: In the event of an emergency, a search can be initiated for the nearest police station or hospital to your present position.
- Previous: A map can be retrieved using entries previously set in the destination archive.
- Memory Points: A map can be retrieved using one of 106 memory points, including your home and five special memory points.
Route Calculation: Once a destination is selected, the AVN6610 will calculate three recommended routes to choose from: Quick 1, Quick 2, and Short. Route Preferences allow you to allow or avoid freeways, ferries, toll roads, time restricted roads, and season restricted roads.
Rerouting: If you accidentally (or on purpose) leave the recommended route, a new alternate route will instantly be recalculated and displayed.
Screen Adjustments: The unit automatically switches between the day screen (for use during daylight) and the night screen (for use at night) depending upon whether the vehicle's lights are on or off. You can adjust the brightness and contrast of the on-screen display at any time. During navigation, you can show the map in full screen, or split the screen to view the map in different scales or two separate areas.
Zooming: You can change the on-screen map scale to give you more or less detail. Using the touch controls, you can zoom in to a street map scale of 150 feet (and down to 75 feet in certain urban areas), or zoom out to a map scale of 250 miles. Using the split screen function, you can combine maps of different scales on the screen at the same time.
Real Time Traffic Information (RTTI): By adding the optional Eclipse SIR-ECL2NT Sirius Nav Traffic tuner (item number 099SIRECLT) you can receive real time traffic information and detour around any traffic delays.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.