Area Shot navigation add-on system
Item #: 099GPS105
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $129.99
Your Eclipse in-dash stereo with Area Shot capability gets you where you're going by showing the maps and directions you've downloaded onto disc on the stereo's display. This GPS-105 Area Shot package connects to your compatible stereo to enhance your trip with a long list of added navigation features. It includes the Area Shot processor and the antenna you'll need to receive satellite navigation signals.
With the standard Area Shot system, you have to select the next map area on the display manually as you drive along your route. The GPS-105 switches maps automatically, so you can keep your eyes on the road. Once you've made a turn, the system also shows you the next relevant intersection.
The enhanced Area Shot system gives you an audible alert as you approach your next turn. This way, you won't have to check the map constantly as you approach intersections; you'll know exactly when you're supposed to turn.
The map displays local points of interest with the touch of a button, so you can find gas stations, hotels, and restaurants as you're traveling. The GPS-105 tracks the map so that it always faces the direction you're driving, which makes reading the map and anticipating your next move easier.
As you're driving, your stereo's display shows you in real time exactly how much distance is left until your next turn. And you can preview the route, so you can familiarize yourself with the directions before you get on the road.
- Area Shot navigation add-on system
- enhances Area Shot capabilities for select Eclipse in-dash stereos
- includes processor and roof-mount antenna
- automatic map switching selects the next map area as you're driving
- maneuver alert tells when a turn is coming up
- mileage reports tell distance until your next turn
- points of interest in the area can be overlaid on the map
- map tracks with you, facing the direction you're driving
- overview allows you to preview your route before you drive
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Eclipse GPS-105 Reviews
What's in the box?
- GPS unit
- GPS antenna with attached 19.5' cable
- GPS ground plate
- Waterproof rubber cushion for GPS antenna cable
- Body protective sheet for external mounting of GPS antenna
- 79" DIN cable (round 8-pin connectors on each end)
- 3 Self-adhesive foam pads (9-3/4" x 3")
- 4 Squares of self-adhesive Velcro (2 hook fasteners/2 loop fasteners--1-3/4" x 2-3/4" each)
- Four 8" plastic wire ties
- 3 Self-adhesive cable clamps
- Installation Manual
- Warranty card
Overview: The Eclipse GPS105 is a GPS (Global Positioning Satellite) receiver designed exclusively for use with select Eclipse CD head units and AVX-series multi-source receivers with the Area Shot feature. The GPS105 provides current vehicle positioning data to the head unit to show progress made along the travel route.
Compatible Head Units: The GPS105 is compatible with the Eclipse AVX5000, CD7100, CD7000, CD5100, and CD5000.
GPS Antenna: A GPS antenna is included with the unit, and should be mounted in a position (inside or outside) with a clear view of the sky.
Area Shot: The Area Shot feature adds navigation features to the compatible head units. Using an Internet connection, you can input address information for a starting point and destination and create a traveling route. The map and route information can be recorded onto a CD-R (or Memory Stick Duo for the AVX-5000) and loaded into the head unit. The GPS105 shows the location of the vehicle along the planned route, and can alert you to upcoming intersections and points of interest.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.