Watch a product demo
Item #: 105KWNT310
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $549.99
Reliable guidance and more
Whether you're hitting the road for a family vacation or braving the daily commute to work, you want a trustworthy guide leading the way. JVC's KW-NT310 navigation receiver features a beautiful 6.1" touchscreen that gives you quick access to its maps of the U.S. (including Alaska and Hawaii), Canada, and Puerto Rico, plus 8 million points of interest. And the receiver's loaded with features that'll come in handy, like Bluetooth®, voice guidance, smartphone compatibility, and more. You can even add optional SIriusXM satellite radio tuner.
See the way more clearly
The big screen makes it easy to pull up destination, and you'll find some cool ways to get a better idea of where you are going. Junction View shows you a realistic depiction of an upcoming exit, complete with lane guides. The Picture-In-Picture view lets you see the big picture, plus a close-up detail. And 3D Landmarks shows you statues, skyscrapers, and other familiar structures in color to help you get around a city with confidence.
Got a smartphone? You've got control
The KW-NT310 gives you varying degrees of functionality with different types of smartphones and connections. In brief:
- iPhone® with USB connection: iHeartRadio app control; Pandora® Internet radio app control; iPod control (audio only)
- iPhone with JVC's iPod Audio/Video cable connection: all the above plus iPod video control (when parked) and audio from iPhone apps when receiver is in External Mode (these features not available for the iPhone 5)
- Android™ with USB connection: music playback from your phone's SD card or internal memory
- Android with Bluetooth connection: Pandora Internet radio app control; iHeartRadio app control; streaming music playback from your phone's internal memory or streaming music apps
- BlackBerry® with USB connection: music playback from your phone's SD card or internal memory
- BlackBerry with Bluetooth connection: Pandora Internet radio app control; streaming music playback from your phone's internal memory or streaming music apps
NaviBridge gives you easy GPS transfer from your devices
The free NaviBridge app lets you search for points of interest on your smartphone or tablet, then transfer the GPS coordinates right to the JVC KW-NT310 for turn-by-turn directions. If you're using an iPhone, you'll need to be connected via USB to use NaviBridge. Android users can take advantage of NaviBridge through Bluetooth.
An excellent audio experience
You'll get the tools you need to achieve great sound with the KW-NT310. It starts with Time Alignment, which adjusts the timing of each speaker so that all the sound reaches your ears at the same time, creating the illusion that you are sitting in the center and not the the driver's seat. Then you can adjust the robust 13-band equalizer to your liking, and use a sophisticated (but easy to use) crossover network to maximize the performance of your speakers and subs.
If you're a satellite radio fan, the receiver's ready to add SiriusXM programming with your subscription and an optional tuner. A dedicated rear-view camera input makes it easy to add nearly any universal camera to your vehicle for safety. And if you want to send video to a backseat or overhead monitor, you'll be able to employ the RCA rear video output to keep your passengers entertained.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this JVC stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the KW-NT310, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility.
- DVD/CD receiver with 6.1" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Pandora control for iPhone (cable required), Android, and BlackBerry
- iHeartRadio control for iPhone (cable required) and Android
- built-in iPod control: JVC cable required for full access to audio/video content and features
- maps of Canada, Puerto Rico, and the entire United States, plus 8 million points of interest
- built-in flash memory for navigation, updates made using a microSD card
- compatible with optional NaviBridge app for GPS transfer from iPhone and Android
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- 13-band iEQ and DSP control, including time alignment
- compatible with: satellite radio tuner, rear-view camera
- inputs: front aux input, rear-panel A/V and USB inputs, microSD card slot
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
Why install a car stereo with built-in GPS?
Imagine taking a trip as your car's receiver gives you directions, finds the best restaurant for dinner, and plays movies for your back seat denizens. Navigation receivers cover all the bases, with GPS guidance, DVD playback, and a host of other useful features. You can search through millions of points of interest to locate gas stations, restaurants, museums, and other interesting spots, wherever you are. Most receivers offer Bluetooth capability for hands-free calling, along with the ability to search through your iPod playlists with touchscreen controls.
JVC KW-NT310 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Made my factory Bose sound even better
Pros: Great factory replacement
Very Good Unit
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I bought this to replace the factory radio in my 2005 Silverado 2500 HD. I got tired of having separate GPS and XM radios in the truck. This one does all. It was a bit of a challenge to hook all the wires up. The supplied wiring schematics aren't that good in defining where to connect all the wires to the vehicle. But with Technical Support I was directed right to where I needed to connect the wires. I needed to know which pin harness to tap into to connect the VSS speed wire, and Reverse Light wire. My recommendation is to purchase ALL of the supporting parts for your vehicle. I did and the wiring harness was basically plug and play and connect the color coded wiring to the harnesses.
Pros: Sound quality is great with the factory Bose system I have, better than I had anticipated. Navigating through the screens is very simple. Simple installation to replace the factory unit.
Cons: None at this time. I just installed it a day ago.
Far better than I expected
2003 Mazda Miata
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I purchased this stereo with integrated navigation to replace my outdated factory stereo unit. It is wonderful. My only regret is that I didn't splurge and buy it sooner.
Pros: Sound quality is great. I still have the factory speakers, but it's far better than the dying factory unit.
Cons: None at this time. It doesn't come with HD radio capability, but it plays my iPod perfectly, and it does everything very well. I would buy it again.
JVC NT 310
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Fairly easy to install, no unexpected problems. Very nice fit in my 2010 Chevy Silverado. Great sound, Way better than my stock radio even with the same speakers. Navigation is easy to use, Bluetooth works well as does the DVD player. Back up camera set up makes hooking up to trailers a breeze. A lot of radio for the price.
Pros: radio sound, dvd player, navigation and backup camera all are top notch.
Cons: Some features are a little confusing and I needed the manual to learn how to use them. Over all not a problem though.
2008 Cadillac DTS
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Bought this for my father who isn't the most advanced with technology nor is he terrible with it. He found this units interface easy to understand and navigate. Took him a couple hours to fully understand the navigation system but once he had it figured out he loved it. He loves the apps it has and the connectivity with his phone. Bought a back up camera with it and it works flawlessly. Overall a solid product to replace a stock radio.
Pros: Fast, easy to understand, works well
Cons: a couple more apps to keep up with Parrot would be nice
What's in the box?
- Double-DIN navigation receiver with integrated 6.1" touchscreen monitor (15-amp fuse inserted in chasis)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- AV/preamp harness
- GPS antenna (with attached 11.5' cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- Microphone with integrated bracketed (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- 8 Pan head ISO-mount machine screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 8 Flat head ISO-mount machine screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Instructions (En/Fr/Sp)
- Installation/Connection Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- US warranty information
- Canada warranty information
- "Caution" note (taped to wiring harness)
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||20 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2.5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|AUX Input||3.5mm (front)|
|Memory Card Slot||USB/MicroSD memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|FM Sensitivity||8.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
6.1" Touchscreen Display: The JVC KW-NT310 features a fixed 6.1" wide, 16:9 touchscreen LCD monitor. The screen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. The touchscreen LCD serves as a video monitor, system information display and touchscreen control panel.
Ultras-Fast Start-Up Time: The JVC KW-NT310 has an ultra-fast start up time of approximately 10.3 seconds from Off to the Map screen or an audio/video source screen.
Hard-Key Controls w/ Variable Button Illumination: In addition to the head unit's touchscreen monitor, the KW-NT310 features a rotary-dial and push-button controls along the left edge of the screen. The hard-key controls provide Power, Source, Eject, Volume, Menu, Map, and AV functions. The JVC KW-NT310 allows you to adjust the unit's hard-key button illumination. It offers 7 color presets (Blue, Aqua, Green, Yellow, Pink, Red, and Purple) for the hard-key button illumination. Additionally, there are two user presets, allowing you to individually adjust the intensity of Red, Green, and Blue from 0 to 31. There is also a "Scan" setting which scans through all of the 7 available preset colors continuously.
Off-Axis Viewing: Use the Off-Axis Viewing feature if the screen is hard to see due to the installation angle or position.
Quick Menu: The Quick Menu is user-changeable and can be assigned a set of frequently used features for quicker, easier access. Up to 6 Quick Menu short-cuts can be assigned. The Quick Menu can be accessed from the head unit's navigation Map screen.
AV Control Bar: The AV control bar overlays a small AV source control window on top of the head unit's map screen (at the bottom right-hand side of the screen). With this "picture-in-picture" type function, the head unit can now display the navigation and source screens (or rear-view camera) simultaneously.
Picture Adjustments: You can adjust the contrast, color, tint, and detail level during video playback. You can also choose from four aspect modes for the in-dash display:
- Regular: For 4:3 source material, 4:3 and 16:9 pictures display with black bars on either side (16:9 images are compressed).
- Full: Expands 4:3 pictures horizontally to fill the entire width of the screen, distorting the picture slightly but retaining full image height.
- Auto: The correct aspect mode is automatically chosen based on the incoming signal.
Adjustable Dimmer: When 12 volts is applied to the illumination lead (orange/white) and the dimmer is set to Auto, the display will dim automatically when you turn on your vehicle's exterior or interior lights. The dimmer can also be set to Off (normal brightness at all times), or On (display is always dimmed). You can also manually adjust the display brightness for Day & Nighttime driving.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the displaying of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light-green parking brake wire (within 22-pin harness) must be connected to your vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. While the vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view many of the other display and menu functions. When driving at a speed greater than 3 miles-per-hour, some menu screens are not available.
Security Lock/Indicator: You may program the unit with a 4 digit security code. Once the unit has been programmed with a security code, the code must be entered to use the unit after it has been turned off. If you enable the security indicator, it flashes when the unit is turned off as an antitheft deterrent.
2-DIN Chassis: The JVC KW-NT310 has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Built-In Navigation (powered by NAVTEQ): The JVC KW-NT310 features a built-in GPS Navigation system with maps of the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, and Puerto Rico; powered by NAVTEQ Maps. The built-in maps include over 8-million Points of Interest (POIs) such as hotels, restaurants, gas stations, attractions, parking, airports, ATMs, and more. All map data is stored on the unit's 8GB SSD (sold state drive). The unit's 3-sensor navigation system helps to pinpoint your vehicle's current location. Once a destination is set, the unit provides turn-by-turn voice & visual guidance through your vehicle's speakers and the unit's display monitor; using NAVTEQ navigation software.
Note: Car navigation maps are frequently updated. While this database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release, a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Map Updates: Map updates via a microSD/SDHC memory card can be purchased at the online NAVTEQ store.
3-Sensor Navigation w/ Antenna: The JVC KW-NT310 is equipped with a high-sensitivity WAAS capable GPS receiver (SiRFstarIII), Speed Pulse wire, and Gyro sensor to calculate your vehicle's current location. The included GPS antenna features a self-adhesive base and an attached 11.5' cable terminated by a proprietary plug which connects to GPS-ANT input on the back of the head unit. The GPS antenna is designed to be mounted inside the vehicle on the dash. The GPS antenna measures 1.3125" (w) x 0.625" (h) x 1.4375" (d).
On-Screen Map: As you travel, the KW-NT310 guides you to your destination with voice prompts, arrows on the map, and on-screen directions. At the bottom of the screen is your current street, while the top of the screen shows your next street; the upper-left corner indicates the distance to your next maneuver. Your route is marked with a light-blue line, while your vehicle is marked by a red arrow (or car) on the screen, and checkered flag marks your destination. A magnified view of the map is displayed when approaching your next turn. When you reach an area approximately within 90' around the destination/via point, the navigation system considers you to have reached your destination/via point. You can adjust the following map settings.
- 2D/3D Maps: You can changes the perspective of the map from 2D North-Up (displays the map in 2 dimensions with North at the top), 2D Heading-Up (displays the map in 2 dimensions with your direction of travel at the top of the screen), 3D Map (displays the map in 3 dimensions with your direction of travel at the top of screen).
- Map Views: You can zoom in and out of the map screen, as well as scroll the map screen left/right or up/down. You can also rotate a 3D map screen 360-degrees.
- Night Map Mode: Night Map Mode dims the map display when driving at night. You can turn this feature On/Off or set to Auto so the map display dims when you turn on your vehicle's headlights (the unit's illumination control lead connect is required for Auto mode).
Note: The AV control bar overlays a small AV source control window on top of the head unit's map screen (at the bottom right-hand side of the screen). With this "picture-in-picture" type function, the head unit can now display the navigation and source screens (or rear-view camera) simultaneously.
3D Landmarks: The KW-NT310's navigation map features three-dimensional buildings to provide you with a better perspective of your surroundings. With 3D Landmarks, you can see representations of prominent buildings in many cities.
Voice Guidance (with Text-to Speech): When you approach a turn, the KW-NT310 guides you with voice guidance (Text-to-Speech) through your vehicle's front speakers and visual indications on the KW-NT310's screen. The unit offers 3 voice guidance languages including English, Spanish and French; with adjustable volume (0-20). You can continue to listen to your music source while navigating. The KW-NT310 will mute or attenuate the music source, when there is a text-to-speech voice prompt. Once the voice prompt has ended, your music volume will automatically raise to previous setting.
Lane Assist w/ Junction View: The Lane Assist function guides you to the appropriate lane you should be in for upcoming junctions and interchanges, while Junction View displays a realistic view of upcoming road details facilitating a safer navigation experience.
Destination Search: The JVC KW-NT310 offers the following Destination Search functions:
|Browse Map||Select a point on the map for your destination by touching the screen.|
|Home||Register one point as your home address.|
|Address||Search by address using the unit's on-screen keyboard.|
|Favorites||Register 300 of your favorite points so you can easily navigate to them from anywhere at any time.|
|Previous||Search from the history of previous destinations and via points from the last 50 points.|
|You can search for POIs (points-of interest) by category - Gas Station, Parking, Restaurant, Coffee/Deserts, Finance, Shopping, Service, Entertainment, Recreation, Hotel/Accommodation, Travel, Medical, Community, Automotive, etc.. You can also enter the specific name of a POI. You can choose to search for POIs around your current position, your destination, or your via point(s).|
|Phone Number||Search a destination by entering its telephone number using the unit's on-screen keypad.|
|Coordinates||Search by entering the latitude and longitude.|
Note: Moving at a specific speed (3+ MPH) engages safety measures in the navigation system to encourage safe driving. Only instantly accessible points-of-interest and simple menu systems are accessible, unless the car is stopped. Otherwise, an address cannot be entered (the keyboard is disabled). The vehicle must be stopped and the parking brake will need to be engaged to enable these functions.
NaviBridge (for iPhone or Android): NaviBridge is a free iPhone/Android application that allows you to remotely control the JVC navigation head unit by setting a destination from your USB connected iPhone (iOS 4.3+) or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone (2.2+). Your supported iPhone can be connected to the head unit via the JVC KS-U49 cable (sold separately) or the cable the came with your iPhone. Your Android smartphone must support Bluetooth and be paired with the head unit. You can set a destination from your iPhone or Android map screen, or select one from your smartphone's stored Contacts or Bookmarks. The NaviBridge app can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store or the Google Play Store.
Note: When using an Android device, you cannot select Pandora as a source during NaviBridge mode.
Routing Preferences: You can select how the unit will calculate your route by adjusting Route Priority and Route Avoidance. You can select the unit to either calculate the fastest timed route or shortest distant route. You can select to use or avoid the following types of roads; Freeway, Toll Road, or Ferry.
Via Points: After selecting your destination, you can select up to four places (via points) to stop by along your route.
Adjusting Vehicle Position: If you find your current position is displayed incorrectly on the map, you can adjust your vehicle's position/location.
Speed Alert: The system sounds an alarm when you surpass the speed limit of the current road by a set value. You can choose for the unit to alert you when you are 3, 6, 10, 15, or 20 miles over the speed limit.
Auto Reroute: If you depart from the original route, the navigation system recalculates the route and provides new directions.
Simulate: You can simulate a desired route to confirm what your trip will look like.
Bluetooth Technology: The JVC KW-NT310 features built-in 2.4GHz Bluetooth technology (version 2.1+EDR). The KW-NT310's built-in Bluetooth technology promotes safe driving habits by allowing you to have a hands-free conversation while driving, without the need to hold a phone to your ear. Your Bluetooth enabled phone can be kept in your purse, pocket, or glovebox; while you communicate through the JVC navigation receiver. The head unit also support Bluetooth audio streaming from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone or digital audio player.
Bluetooth Profiles: In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JVC head unit. See JVC's Bluetooth compatibility chart for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled devices.
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the JVC KW-NT310 without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can register up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices with the JVC head unit (only one paired phone can be used at a time).
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The touchscreen controls of the KW-NT310 can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also features an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers (front or all). During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call within 5 seconds.
- Dialing a Number: Using the KW-NT310, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: Allows you to register up to 6 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phone Book: You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the KW-NT310, so you can then dial by using the downloaded phone book numbers. Up to 5,000 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 32 digits long and each name can be up to 50 characters long. You can do an alphabetical search (A-Z) to find your desired contact.
- Call Log: The Call Log is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 each).
Note: While your vehicle is moving over 3mph, some Bluetooth hands-free communication functions are disabled for safety reasons. The keys associated with the disabled functions become ineffective if touched.
External Microphone: The JVC KW-NT310 includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level and noise cancellation of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.525" (diameter) x 1.505" (depth).
Note: This unit does not offer an integrated front-panel microphone.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Metadata Display): The JVC KW-NT310 also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The KW-NT310 will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. The KW-NT310 also supports audio streaming of music apps downloaded on your smartphone with metadata display and limited control. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Multimedia Playback: The JVC KW-NT310 offers a front-loading disc slot, rear-panel USB port, and front-panel microSD-card slot.
- Compatible Discs: The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier because there is no panel to slide or fold-down. The KW-NT310 supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R/RW discs.
- USB Port: The JVC KW-NT310 features a rear-panel USB type-A port (attached to the unit's rear-chassis by a 38" cable) for connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. Up to 4 USB devices can be connected to the head unit's USB port via a single USB hub (sold separately). USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
- microSD-Card Slot: The JVC KW-NT310 is equipped with a front-panel microSD-card. The unit supports microSD (up to 2GB) and microSDHC (up to 32GB) memory cards.
Compatible Media Files: The JVC KW-NT310 supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC)||microSD/SDHC (2GB-32GB)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo||FAT 12/16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: bit rate of
32-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 16-48kHz
WMA: bit rate of 32-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 16-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 32-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 16-48kHz
WAV: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 44.1kHz
bit rate of 32-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 16-48kHz
WMA: bit rate of 32-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 16-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 32-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 16-48kHz
WAV: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 44.1kHz
FLAC: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rates of 8-48kHz
|Video||DVD-Video, DVD-VR||MPEG4: picture
size of 720x480 (30fps) w/ max bit rate of 8Mbps
H.264/AVC: picture size of 720x480 (30fps) w/ max bit rat of 8Mbps
WMV: picture size of 720x480 (30fps) w/ max bit rat of 8Mbps
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||250 folders/5,000 files (999 files per folder)||9,999 folders (maximum of 999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags (ver. 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-tags, AAC-tags, and WAV-tags|
Playback & Search Functions: The KW-NT310 offers the following playback & search functions for Disc, USB and microSD playback; Folder/File Search, Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Reverse, Next/Previous Track, Random (all/disc), and Repeat (track/chapter/folder).
DVD Touchscreen Control: During DVD playback, you can control certain operations simply by touching an area of the screen. The touchscreen has 3 functions areas. You can touch the left of the screen to start the current chapter over, or the right of the screen to skip to the next chapter. Pressing the middle of the screen activates the DVD playback on-screen buttons.
Resume: If you change the source, playback also stops (without ejecting the disc or USB/microSD memory device). Next time you select CD, USB, or microSD for the playback source, the unit will start from where it has been stopped previously.
Disc Reload: If the ejected disc is not removed within 15 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust; playback starts automatically.
Mounting: For proper disc playback you must install the unit within 30-degrees of horizontal.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity (w/ DAC bypass): The JVC KW-NT310 supports audio/video playback from select Apple iPods and iPhones. Because the JVC KW-NT310 uses its USB connection for audio & control transfer, your iPod/iPhone's stored music is loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality is maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal-to-Noise ratio up to 100dB.
- Audio/Video Playback: The optional JVC KS-U49 iPod cable (105KSU49, sold separately) allows you to playback and control audio/video from your iPod or iPhone on this JVC navigation head unit. You can access audio/video content stored on your iPod/iPhone device or apps streamed to your Apple device. The cable features a proprietary Apple iPod 30-pin dock connector on one end and a male 3.5mm video connector on other end, along with a USB type-A connector. The cable plugs into the unit's rear-panel "iPod Video" input and USB port. The unit's USB port handles the audio transfer, control, metadata display, and charging of your iPod/iPhone. The 3.5mm video input handles video transfer from your iPod/iPhone to the JVC receiver. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Audio Only Playback: If you only want to playback audio from your iPod or iPhone, you can simply connect it to the KW-NT310's USB port using the USB/iPod dock cable that came with your iPod/iPhone. You can then access music stored on your iPod/iPhone device, as well as music apps streamed to your Apple device. Up to 4 iPod/iPhone devices can be connected to the head unit's USB port via a single USB hub (sold separately).
Note: If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5/5C/5S; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. These Apple devices only support audio playback (no video output)
iPod/iPhone Control: You can choose to control your connected iPod/iPhone from the JVC head unit, from the iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen, or from select apps streamed to your iPhone.
- Head Unit: From the head unit's front-panel controls you can search for your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, and Audiobook. You can search your iPod/iPhone's stored videos by Playlist, Movies, Music Videos, TV Shows, Video Podcasts, Rentals, and iTunesU. Once a Playlist or Category is selected, you can search the list alphabetically (A-Z). The KW-NT310 also supports Repeat (song) and Random (album/all) playback functions of your iPod/iPhone. In addition, you can control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Song) of music apps streamed to your iPhone (iOS 3.0+). Not all apps will be compatible.
- iPod/iPhone: You can choose to navigate your iPod or iPhone's stored music and videos, as well as streamed music apps from its clickwheel or touchscreen; like you are accustomed to during normal usage. This is very useful for the person riding in your passenger seat. The head unit's search & playback controls will be locked in this mode, but you do still get metadata display on the head unit's touchscreen monitor. Not compatible with all music apps.
- External Mode: External mode lets you enjoy video content from your iPhone's downloaded video apps through the JVC KW-NT310. Using the JVC KSU-49 cable (sold separately), you can watch video on the JVC navigation receiver's touchscreen from streaming video apps; such as Netflix & YouTube downloaded on your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0+). You cannot control these apps from the head unit; you will still need to use your iPhone to control playback. The vehicle's parking brake must be engaged to playback video. Not all video apps will be compatible with External mode.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded application will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod/iPhone Display: The KW-NT310 will display music file information for your iPod/iPhone's stored music and music apps in Head Unit or iPod control mode. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, and Album Art. Pandora and iHeartRadio song/artist information will also be displayed. External (App) mode does not display metadata on the unit's LCD monitor (the head unit will simply display "External Mode").
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. iPod/iPhone devices connected to the head unit via a USB hub will not be charged. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The JVC KW-NT310 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 10/20/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Apps||Bluetooth||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||External Mode||NaviBridge||iHeartRadio||Pandora||Phone||Audio||Album Art||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
- *Requires the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Drive Change Mode (for BlackBerry): The JVC receiver's USB port supports playback from BlackBerry smartphones (via USB mass storage mode). JVC's Drive Change Mode lets you connect your BlackBerry smartphone (that uses an external memory card) directly to the head unit, via USB. Drive Change Mode will let you switch between your BlackBerry smartphone's internal and external memory (such as microSD Card), so you can listen to music stored on either memory. You'll continue to be able control basic playback functions; such as folder/file search, play/pause, and skip next/previous; regardless of memory type.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The JVC KW-NT310 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. You can store a total of 18 FM stations presets and 6 AM station presets. The radio allows you to set your AM/FM stations manually or automatically. You can also switch the tuner's IF filter to Wide or Auto to increase/decrease the sensitivity.
Internet Radio Apps: The JVC KW-NT310 allows you to access Pandora and iHeartRadio online music services through your USB-connected iPhone or Bluetooth-connected Android/Blackberry smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the KW-NT310 via the JVC KSU-49 cable (sold separately), or the cable supplied with your iPhone. Your Android or Blackberry smartphone must support A2DP/ AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the JVC KW-NT310. Your iPhone, Android smartphone, or Blackberry device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Pandora App (for iPhone/Android/Blackberry): The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps, Google Play, or BlackBerry App World) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the JVC KW-NT310 using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS3+) or Bluetooth paired Android/Blackberry smartphone. The JVC KW-NT310 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. The song/artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account. An active Pandora account is required.
- iHeartRadio Link (for iPhone/Android): The free iHeartRadio Link app for JVC (either from iTunes Apps or Google Play-coming soon) lets you play music from the iHeartRadio music service through the JVC KW-NT310 using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 4.2+), or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone (2.2+). The iHeartRadio music service provides access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from coast-to-coast (including pop, country, urban, rock, talk, and sports). All stations are streamed in high-quality AAC format. The KW-NT310 will provide control over the iHeartRadio Link app, as well as display station identification and song/artist information, along with album art. You can select available stations from the unit's on-screen station list, which includes - Favorites (up to 100), Featured, Local Stations, All Cities, National Stations, Genres, and Personalities. You an also have the head unit randomly select stations for you. iHeartRadio even provides "tag" information for each song, so you can transfer "tag" information to your connected iPhone and purchase your "tagged" songs later from the online iTunes store. An active iHeartRadio account is required.
Note: Access to these Internet Radio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android/Blackberry smartphone to connect to the Internet. Not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.SiriusXM Ready via Firmware Update: The KW-NT310HDT is compatible with SiriusXM's SXV200 tuner (220SXV200, sold separately) through a firmware update from JVC.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The JVC KW-NT310 utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The KW-NT310 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the KW-NT310 are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the KW-NT310 are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 20 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 total watts)
Amplifier Gain Control: When you are using the KW-NT310 with factory speakers (or those rated to less than 50 watts peak), the Amplifier Gain Control can limit the amount of power being sent to those speakers. When the Amp Gain Control is set to low, the volume control ranges from 0 (minimum) to 30 (maximum). When using speakers rated higher than 50 watts peak, you can set the Amp Gain Control to high, and the volume control will range from 0 to 50. The internal amp can also be turned off when all the speakers are powered by outboard amplifiers.
Volume Adjust: The input level of each source (other than FM) is adjustable relative to the FM radio volume, so there isn't a significant volume difference when changing sources. Each source is individually adjustable from -5 to +5.
2.5V/6CH Preamp Output: The KW-NT310 is equipped with three pair of 2.5V preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The front & rear preamp outputs offer balance/fade control and are designed to hookup to a full-range 4-channel amplifier. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading and designed to hookup to a mono-block subwoofer amplifier. You can adjust the head unit's subwoofer level between -50 and +10.
Digital Crossover Network: The KW-NT310 features a variable high pass crossover for the front & rear speakers, as well as a low pass crossover for the subwoofer.
- Front: Frequency (Through, 30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/220/250Hz), Slope (-6/-12/-18/-24dB), Gain (-8 to 0dB), Tweeter Level (-8 to 0dB)
- Rear: Frequency (Through, 30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/220/250Hz), Slope (-6/-12/-18/-24dB), Gain (-8 to 0dB)
- Subwoofer: Frequency (Through, 30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/220/250Hz), Slope (-6/-12/-18/-24dB), Gain (-8 to 0dB), Phase (Normal/Reverse)
Equalizer: The JVC KW-NT310 provides both a Preset EQ for quick musical adjustment and 13-Band EQ for more advanced customization.
- Preset EQ: Choose from Flat, Dynamic, Bass Boost, Natural, Vocal Boost, Vibrant, or User 1/2/3/4.
- 13-Band EQ: Each user mode lets you adjust the head unit's 13-band equalizer; 62.5Hz, 100Hz, 160Hz, 250Hz, 400Hz, 630Hz, 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 6.3kHz, 10kHz, and 16kHz (+/- 9dB).
Note: You can store EQ settings for each source (Disc, Tuner, AV-IN, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, iHeart Radio, and Pandora).
DSP Control: The JVC KW-NT310's Digital Sound Processor (DSP) offers various vehicle, audio, and driver settings to improve the sound in your car, truck, SUV, or van.
- Vehicle Criteria: You
are able select the type of vehicle, your seated position, and
speaker distance to better quality your vehicle's sound.
- Vehicle Type: can choose what type of vehicle you have; Compact, Full-size Car, Wagon, Minivan, SUV, or Van (full-size)
- Seated Position: for a better sound-stage you can select your optimal listening position; choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front
- Time Alignment: manually fine tune the sound stage by selecting the distance for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position; select between 0.0-20.01' for the Left Front Speaker, Right Front Speaker, Left Rear Speaker, Right Rear Speaker, and Subwoofer
- Speaker Settings: You
can set the size and location of your vehicle's speakers.
- Front: Size (OEM, 3.5", 4", 5", 5.25", 6.5", 6.75", 7", 4x6", 5x7", 6x8", 6x9", 7x10"); Location (Door, On Dash, Under Dash), Tweeter (None, Small, Medium, Large)
- Rear: Size (None, OEM, 3.5", 4", 5", 5.25", 6.5", 6.75", 7", 4x6", 5x7", 6x8", 6x9", 7x10"); Location (Rear Deck, Door)
- Subwoofer: Size (None, 6.5", 8", 10", 12", 15")
- Sound Enhancements: The head unit provides further
audio enhancement for better sound in your vehicle.
- Space Enhancer: set the Space Enhancer to Small, Large, or Off. Each setting value indicates the soundscape level
- Sound Stage Elevation: creates an affect of hearing the sound from a higher place than the actual position of your vehicle's speakers
- Loud (Loudness): boosts low and high frequencies to produce a well-balanced sound at a low volume level
- Bass Boost: four-step Bass Boost (Off/1/2/3) to enhance your music's lower frequencies
- Compressed Music Enhancers: The head unit offers several audio
adjustments dedicated to enhance the sound quality of your compressed
- Audio Contrast: sharpens vague sound to make the audio more realistic; effective for compressed music data
- D.T. Expander (Digital Track Expander): reproduces the natural sound of digital audio sources by restoring data that was lost and waves that were changed during audio compression to their original states; effective for compressed music data
- Driver Sound Improvements: The KW-NT310 features various audio
settings to help improve your driving and audio experience.
- Start Up Sound Level: starts the head unit with a volume lower than when the system was turned off; you can then manually turn it up back to the previous level
- Road Noise Compensation: increases the volume of little sound that can be easily washed out by road noise and boosts the bass
- Adaptive Volume: automatically increases the volume level (both for Navigation and audio/video) as the car speeds up; you must connect the unit's Speed Signal wire (pink/gray) to your vehicle's speed sensor wire
- Reverse Audio Reduction: attenuates the receiver's AV sound when you shift your vehicle into reverse, so you can concentrate more on backing up your vehicle safely
Dynamic Range Compression: The dynamic range can be adjusted by selecting either Normal, Wide or Dialog. Dialog makes the total sound volume become larger as compared with Wide and Normal, allowing you to listen to the movie's dialogue more clearly. This is effective only on Dolby Digital software.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Front-Panel Aux Input: A front-panel stereo minijack (3.5mm) is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Simply connect your portable digital music player to the unit's front-panel auxiliary input, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system
Audio/Video Input: The rear-panel audio/video input consists of left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack, allowing you to connect external equipment to this head unit. The audio/video input can be set to one of the following modes - AV (when connecting an audio/video component), Audio (when connecting an audio component), and Off (when no component is connected).
Camera In: The rear-panel Camera input consists of a composite video connector which allows you to connect an optional rear-view camera (105KVCM20, sold separately). The unit features a reverse gear signal wire, that when connected to your vehicle's reverse light circuit, will automatically switch the KW-NT310's display to the rear-view camera input. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.2 seconds. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed. You can set the head unit to attenuate the audio when shifting into reverse gear.
Video Output: The rear-panel Video Output consists of a composite video jack that allows you to connect an optional external monitor. You can watch the same video source that is being played back on the JVC head unit on your connected external monitor (sold separately). You can select between a 16:9, 4:3 LB, or 4:3 PS Aspect Ratio for the unit's video output to match your connected monitor.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input (3.5mm connector) that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.