Infinity Reference 1021t
1" textile dome tweeters
Item #: 1081021T
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $89.99 pair
Brighten up your car's sound system with a pair of Infinity Reference 1021t tweeters. These 1" textile dome tweeters will add sparkle and clarity to your music, and improve your stereo image without tiring your ears.
You'll hear clean, distortion-free performance as the in-line crossovers direct only the high frequencies to the tweeters. Infinity's "I-Mount" system simplifies installation, and the Starfish adapters provide easy mounting of the tweeters behind panels and under factory speaker grilles.
- 1" textile dome tweeters
- flush- and surface-mount hardware included
- Starfish bracket for mounting in factory tweeter locations
- 2,500 Hz passive in-line crossovers
- power handling: 2-50 watts RMS (150 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 2,500-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- top-mount depth: 7/8"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Infinity Reference 1021t Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
These tweeters are amazing. They have amazing highs and don't clip when tested. I installed them as part of a factory replace with a factory installed Infinity amp. They rock!
These tweetes approach the quality of the tweeters in my old, Infinity
I bought two sets of these tweeters when the were on sale and waited
until I had all of my system purchased to install them. I have on set
running with my 6 3/4 Infinity Reference full range speakers and one set
running off my Kenwood head unit (22 rmsx4). The sound is so clear,
especially with aiming the tweeters towards your ears. You won't get a
high pitched, make your ears burn and ring sound like you may get with
some other products that use distorted, but loud sound to make you think
your system is louder than it really is. These tweeters sound CLEAR and
loud. It's like having your system turned up halfway, but when cranked,
there's no distortion; it's just like it is when it's halfway up, but loud and
clean. Symbols sound great. As I stated, you can run them to the pins
with an amp or use a good high powered head unit to run them. The only
problem with this is that you can't turn your system up any louder than you
would with no amp, as the tweeters hooked up to the head unit may start
to distort. But, with having 3 tweeters, (one on the full range speaker, 2
separate on each side), the clarity far surpases that of systems that cost A
LOT in some high end sound systems, like in a Lexus that my friend owned
for instance. Definately worth the money, the highs and mids keep up with
my Kicker CompVT 12" enclosed sub, so I have a LOUD system, one in
which you hear the music, not just "BOOM."
Great replacement drivers
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I bought these to replace the scratchy dashboard tweeters in my 2002 Acura RSX. They installed easily - I did it on my lunch hour - and fit almost perfectly in the factory mounts without cutting or drilling. I did have to cut some wires and make crimp connections; an adapter harness for my car would have been a nice touch.
They made a big difference in the sound. The factory drivers have only a series capacitor to pass the high frequencies, but the Infinities came with a proper LC inline filter. The scratchiness is gone, and the sound is much clearer and more natural. If your factory rig has component speakers, this is probably the best improvement 90 bucks can buy.
What's in the box?
- 2 Tweeters (each tweeter has attached 6" speaker leads)
- 2 In-line filter (each filter has 23" input leads and 33" output leads)
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- Four 5/8" self-tapping screws
- Four 3/8" self-tapping screws
- 2 Washers
- 2 Nuts
- Warranty card
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Frequency Response||2500 - 21k Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||2500 Hz|
|RMS Power Range (Watts)||2-50|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||150|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||7/8|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||1 3/4|
Tweeter Material: Each tweeter features a 1" edge-driven textile dome for smooth, accurate highs.
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Tweeter Mounting
System: The tweeters can be surface- or flush-mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush-mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting
Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the
- Surface Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Bottom Mount (to grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Flush Mount (in-dash location): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the dash. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Surface Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Bottom Mount (to grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (in-dash location)|
|Depth||0.514" (screw depth)||0.867"||0.502"||0.456"||0.992"||0.882"|
In-line Filters: Each in-line filter features a 2.5 kHz high-pass filter for the tweeter.
Filter Connections: Each filter has 23" input leads and 33" output leads. The output leads are terminated with female quick-slides and the input leads have bare wire.
Filter Dimensions: L = 2.977", W = 1.045", H = 0.893"
Frequency Response: The manual incorrectly lists the frequency response as 2.5 - 51 kHz. The correct frequency response is 2.5 - 21 kHz.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.