Infinity Reference 6800cs
Reference Series 5"x7"/6"x8"
Component Speaker System
Item #: 1086800CS
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $129.99
Infinity's Reference component speaker systems feature smooth good looks and even smoother sound!
These systems use full edge-driven textile dome tweeters a high-performance tweeter design found on upper-end home speakers, not the W-dome (or balanced dome) tweeter commonly found in car speakers. A larger tweeter voice coil translates into increased power handling and less distortion at high output levels. Highs are clean, accurate, and free from harshness from 3,500 Hz and up. Infinity's intelligent "I-Mount" system allows for flush-, angle-, or surface-mounts of the tweeters.
The 6800cs Reference component system features a 5"x7"/6"x8" Plus One+ woofer (even larger than the previous Plus One cone) for increased output. The injection-molded polypropylene driver is lightweight, durable, and highly accurate; its hi-roll rubber surround provides smooth woofer excursion and long-term performance. The 2-way crossover includes 3,500 Hz high-pass and low-pass filters.
- Plus One+ polypropylene woofer
- hi-roll rubber surround
- edge-driven textile dome tweeter
- 2-way external crossover network (18 dB/octave, 3,500 Hz high-pass and low-pass)
- frequency response 49-21,000 Hz
- power range 2-90 watts RMS
- peak power handling 270 watts
- sensitivity 92 dB
- top-mount depth 2-7/16"
- 1-year warranty
Why install component speakers?
A component speaker system gives you the best possible performance from your car audio system. A system consists of separate woofers, tweeters, and crossovers, each designed to cover one specific range of frequencies. As separate components, the woofer can move freely to deliver more powerful performance, while the tweeter can be custom-mounted in a better spot up closer to your ears, revealing a whole new world of detail. Separate crossovers are far superior to the simple filters wired into full-range speakers, so the components work together for smoother, more focused sound.
Infinity Reference 6800cs Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Great value, great sound
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I replaced some blown JBL comps with these Infinity comps. Big improvement, especially for the price. I heard that Infinitys were a little weak in the mid-bass so I used some sound deadening in my doors and foam baffles for the woofers. All this added up to really good sound, buy these, you cant go wrong.
1999 Ford Taurus
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Let me just get this out.. even though they are not the "Kappa" quality, they are still great quality speakers. If the Kappa's could have fit my car I would have had those but sinse they can't I would not traid these for anything. Just make sure you put enough juice to power them 'cause the power your recever puts out will not do for what you want out of these AWSOME speakers. I reccomend at lease 50 watts and some kind of small encloser for these bad boys...two thumbs up!
What's in the box?
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Plastic 6"x8" adapter rings
- 2 Tweeters (each tweeter has attached 5" speaker leads)
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Angled surface-mount brackets
- 2 Crossovers
- Twelve 1" self-tapping screws
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- Four 5/8" self-tapping screws
- Four 5/16" self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 2 Washers
- 2 Nuts
- Warranty card
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Frequency Response||49 - 21k Hz|
|RMS Power Range (Watts)||2-90|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||270|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 7/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||0|
Plus One+ Woofer Cones: Each speaker uses a cone significantly larger than other speakers of the same size. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The Plus One+ design offers greater bass output and a significant increase in efficiency.
Woofer Materials: Each woofer is constructed from Injection-Molded Polypropylene. This process of cone molding assures a uniform cone thickness for superior linearity and clarity. It is also lighter weight and more rigid for decreased distortion and improved bass response.
Hi-roll Rubber Surrounds: The hi-roll rubber surrounds allow the woofers a greater range of movement, resulting in longer X-max and more bass output.
Mounting: The speakers can be mounted in a 5"x7" opening, or, using the supplied adapter rings, the speakers can be top-mounted in a 6"x8" opening. The Crutchfield database contains the 5"x7" measurements. When mounted in a 6"x8" opening using the adapter rings, the speakers have the following measurements:
- Depth as top: 2.276"
- Mounting height: 0.523"
- Flange height: 0.281"
Tweeter Material: Each tweeter features a 1" edge-driven textile dome for smooth, accurate highs.
I-Mount Tweeter Mounting System: The tweeters can be surface-, angle-, or flush-mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Angle Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters at an angle involves screwing the angled surface-mount bracket to the mounting location, then attaching the surface-mount cup to the angled surface-mount bracket. Next, insert and lock the tweeter into the surface-mount cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush-mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|Surface Mount||Angle Mount||Flush Mount|
|Depth||0.538" (screw depth)||0.482" (screw depth)||1.229"|
2-Way Crossovers: These speakers include computer-optimized, voice-matched crossovers. Each crossover features an 18dB/octave, 3.5kHz high-pass network for the tweeter and an 18dB/octave, 3.5kHz low-pass network for the woofer.
Crossover Connections: The crossover inputs and outputs are gold-plated screw terminals.
Mounting: There are two mounting holes in the base of each crossover.
Crossover Dimensions: L=4.308", W=3.109", H=1.398"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.