Infinity understands that the difference between good bass and great bass is in the details. Incorporating the latest low-frequency innovations, the Kappa Perfect12 VQ 12" subwoofer delivers unbeatable performance and system-tuning flexibility.
Resonance is a big time enemy of great bass, and Infinity's revolutionary Magnesium Metal Matrix (M3D) is the ultimate cone material it's 20 times less resonant than aluminum! Housed in its die-cast frame, the M3D cone is an ultra-stiff piston that translates the low-frequency signal from your amplifier with frightening accuracy. The butylene rubber one-piece surround/gasket exerts tight control over cone excursion so you'll hear smooth bass even when you're really cranking it!
The Kappa Perfect VQ subwoofer offers the unique Variable Q feature, which allows you to optimize the speaker for use with a variety of enclosures sealed, ported, or bandpass (even free-air applications). The sub is shipped with two metal polepiece inserts, which can be plugged into the motor assembly to vary the stiffness of the suspension:
- large insert: small sealed or ported boxes, SPL competition
- small insert: medium size sealed or ported boxes
- no insert: very large enclosures or free-air use
This patent pending approach also allows you to change the character of your bass for different applications. Imagine you could tune your subs for sound quality during the week, then retune for an SPL competition on the weekend! Leave it to Infinity to take bass to a whole new place.
- Magnesium Metal Matrix (M3D) cone
- large-roll butyl-rubber surround
- Variable Q
- massive cast-aluminum basket
- 3" voice coil
- suitable for free-air use (handles up to 200 watts in free-air mode)
- recommended power range 75-400 watts RMS
- peak power handling 1,600 watts
- frequency response 23-400 Hz
- sensitivity 89 dB
- top mount depth 7"
- sealed box volume 0.4-1.25 cu. ft.
- ported box volume 1.75-3.00 cu. ft.
- Recommended Q-Logic Box Type: 1, 2, 3
- 3-year warranty
Priced per speaker