Our take on the JBL Authentics L16
Two 5-1/4" woofers, two 2" midrange transducers, and two 1" tweeters create a huge soundfield.
Redefining wireless speakers
JBL has taken a whole new approach to the traditional idea of a one-piece wireless speaker with the eyebrow-raising Authentics L16. This substantial yet stylish system is not made to blend into a room, or hide in a corner — it is meant to be the center of attention. Over 2 feet wide, the L16 is physically larger than most wireless speakers, allowing it to really open up and play with authority.
300 watts of total power pump through the speaker's six drivers — two 1" tweeters, two 2" midrange transducers and two 5-1/4" woofers — with each driven by a dedicated amplifier. You'll hear true room-filling sound with incredibly deep bass response. Highs and mids sound crisp and accurate. With the L16 you get a smooth and natural listening experience at both low and high volume, free of harshness and distortion.
Iconic looks and classic performance meet today's technology
The Authentics L16 is sure to get double-takes from longtime music fans. Its design is inspired by JBL's legendary L100, the home version of the pro monitor used in top recording studios of the 60s and 70s, and a top-seller for years. Sporting the signature cubed foam grilles and white speaker cones, the Authentic L16 has a well-constructed real wood enclosure with a walnut finish. But nostalgia, build quality, and size don't tell the whole story — the L16 is loaded with cutting-edge technology, too. JBL helps you take advantage of the convenience and flexibility of today's digital music sources, without expecting you to settle when it comes to sound quality. The Authentics L16 uses a 24-bit/96kHz signal path, making it capable of reproducing music with greater resolution and detail than CD.
A variety of connections
When it comes to music, how do you like to play it? Do you use a streaming service on your phone? Internet radio on your tablet? Download high-res music files to your computer? With virtually any device, the L16 gives you options:
Use its built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network and play music from computers and handheld devices via Apple AirPlay for iOS® or DLNA technology for Android™ or Windows® PC.
Wirelessly stream from your phone or tablet via Bluetooth. Play streaming music services or your personal stored collection. NFC (Near Field Communication) technology gives you simple, one-touch Bluetooth pairing with compatible devices.
Connect your TV to the optical digital input and use the L16 as a sound bar solution. You'll hear clear dialogue and special effects that crash and rumble.
Plug in just about anything that has a headphone jack to the 3.5mm aux input.
Hook up a turntable or other source to the RCA input. You can switch between moving coil or moving magnet cartridges, and line level.
The JBL Music app, available for both tablet and smartphone, lets you control the level of volume, mids, and lows. (Phone not included).
JBL Music app and Clari-Fi™ sound doctoring
Controls on the speaker itself are minimal by design. The Authentics L16 is easily managed by your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. To help simplify the marriage between your device and the L16, JBL has created a dedicated app that allows you to select your downloaded songs, control volume or sound levels, and choose your input. The JBL Music App, available as a free download from the Google Play and Apple iTunes® app stores, also gives you a visual representation of the new Clari-Fi™ technology.
Clari-Fi is a sound doctoring tool that restores compressed digital music to its original form, the way it was recorded. When music is compressed, important nuances are lost. Frequency response drops off, transient sounds have less impact, and details get muffled. Ultimately things sound a bit dull. Clari-Fi analyzes the audio signal in real time and corrects problems in the sound. This means you'll hear the proper vocal and instrument separation, unrestrained high frequencies, and the satisfying punch of every kick drum, cymbal crash, and guitar pluck.
See more info on this item
- high-performance 3-way powered speaker with retro design
- real wood enclosure with walnut finish
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers,
- Apple AirPlay® for Apple portable devices and computers
- built-in Wi-Fi for wireless music streaming when connected to a home network
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked PCs and devices
- two custom-designed 1" tweeters
- two custom-designed 2" mid transducers
- two custom-designed 5-1/4" woofers
- dual ported cabinet for enhanced bass
- amplifier power: 6 x 50 watts RMS
- frequency response: 35-35,000 Hz
- signal to noise ratio: 92kb for wireless and analog inputs; 98dB for digital inputs
- 3.5mm aux input
- optical digital audio (supports sample rates of 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz)
- phono/RCA input to connect a turntable, with ability to switch between moving coil or moving magnet cartridges, and line level
- two USB charging ports
- iOS Wi-Fi sharing through dedicated USB port
- Qi wireless charging of Qi enabled devices with optional JBL Qi adapter (sold separately)
- can be controlled via JBL Music app (free at Google Play and Apple iTunes® app stores)
- 27-5/8"W x 8-1/16"H x 10-3/8"D
- weight: 35.9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee