Praise for the JBL Authentics L16 from Sound & Vision
"JBL has gone the extra mile to support all types of wireless devices, and to make them easy to connect. This is a powerful, and powerfully versatile, product. Oh, and you can play it loud."
— From Mark Fleischmann's review in Sound & Vision, September 29, 2014
Read the full review
A variety of connections
When it comes to music, how do you like to play it? Do you use a streaming service on your phone? Internet radio on your tablet? Download high-res music files to your computer? With virtually any device, the L16 gives you options:
Use its built-in Wi-Fi® to link to a wireless network and play music from computers and handheld devices via Apple AirPlay for iOS® or DLNA technology for Android™ or Windows® PC.
Wirelessly stream from your phone or tablet via Bluetooth. Play streaming music services or your personal stored collection. NFC (Near Field Communication) technology gives you simple, one-touch Bluetooth pairing with compatible devices.
Connect your TV to the optical digital input and use the L16 as a sound bar solution. You'll hear clear dialogue and special effects that crash and rumble.
Plug in just about anything that has a headphone jack to the 3.5mm aux input.
Hook up a turntable or other source to the RCA input. You can switch between moving coil or moving magnet cartridges, and line level.
The JBL Music app, available for both tablet and smartphone, lets you control the level of volume, mids, and lows. (Phone not included).
JBL Music app and Clari-Fi™ sound doctoring
Controls on the speaker itself are minimal by design. The Authentics L16 is easily managed by your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. To help simplify the marriage between your device and the L16, JBL has created a dedicated app that allows you to select your downloaded songs, control volume or sound levels, and choose your input. The JBL Music App, available as a free download from the Google Play and Apple iTunes® app stores, also gives you a visual representation of the new Clari-Fi™ technology.
Clari-Fi is a sound doctoring tool that restores compressed digital music to its original form, the way it was recorded. When music is compressed, important nuances are lost. Frequency response drops off, transient sounds have less impact, and details get muffled. Ultimately things sound a bit dull. Clari-Fi analyzes the audio signal in real time and corrects problems in the sound. This means you'll hear the proper vocal and instrument separation, unrestrained high frequencies, and the satisfying punch of every kick drum, cymbal crash, and guitar pluck.
- high-performance 3-way powered speaker with retro design
- real wood enclosure with walnut finish
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers,
- Apple AirPlay® for Apple portable devices and computers
- built-in Wi-Fi for wireless music streaming when connected to a home network
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked PCs and devices
- two custom-designed 1" tweeters
- two custom-designed 2" mid transducers
- two custom-designed 5-1/4" woofers
- dual ported cabinet for enhanced bass
- amplifier power: 6 x 50 watts RMS
- frequency response: 35-35,000 Hz
- signal to noise ratio: 92kb for wireless and analog inputs; 98dB for digital inputs
- 3.5mm aux input
- optical digital audio (supports sample rates of 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz)
- phono/RCA input to connect a turntable, with ability to switch between moving coil or moving magnet cartridges, and line level
- two USB charging ports
- iOS Wi-Fi sharing through dedicated USB port
- Qi wireless charging of Qi enabled devices with optional JBL Qi adapter (sold separately)
- can be controlled via JBL Music app (free at Google Play and Apple iTunes® app stores)
- 27-5/8"W x 8-1/16"H x 10-3/8"D
- weight: 35.9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee