Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
"I have only two things to say about the measurements of the JBL BP1200.1 mono amp. First, 1,378.1 watts into a 2-ohm load. Second, stick that in your subwoofer system and smoke it. JBL's BP-1200.1 is one terrific subwoofer amplifier."
Ken C. Pohlmann
Car Stereo Review
JBL engineers must be gluttons for praise. After you connect their top-of-the-line Power Series BP-1200.1 mono subwoofer amp to your car's system, you'll be singing their praises too.
This amp will comfortably power up to four 4-ohm subs at a mind-blowing 1200 watts. That 1-ohm stability is achieved with JBL's revolutionary switching technology, which means the amp runs cooler on less power than conventional circuit designs would allow.
A variable low-pass crossover and bass boost give you extra control over this mono mammoth. And the "Common Sense" circuitry turns on the amp whenever it detects an input signal, eliminating the need to connect a remote lead. Do I hear a hallelujah?Details:
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 1200 watts x 1 at 2 ohms
- 1-ohm stable
- frequency response 10-320 Hz
- variable low-pass electronic crossover, 32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave slope (non-defeatable)
- variable bass boost (up to 6 dB at 50 Hz)
- "Common-Sense" feature automatically turns on amp when it senses signal through the speaker-level inputs
- "Universal Interface" includes four preamp and four speaker-level inputs for convenient hook-up with a variety of head units
- amplifier uses three 40-amp fuses, so its fuse rating (120-amps total) exceeds that of typical 4 gauge wiring kits see "Detailed Info" for wiring recommendations
- signal-to-noise ratio 90 dB
- 14-13/16"L x 10-13/16"W x 2-11/16"H
- 1-year warranty
JBL Power Series BP-1200.1 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
NOTHING LIKE IT
Ive had 3 of these monster amps and the last time somebody broke into my car. I thought I would find one again found it in the pawn shop for a lot cheaper they were out of there minds. Ive smoked some jl audios and some p3's with this amp before i realized its power.
i own one too
i have run this amp on 2 sets of subs. before i understood the importance of impedence and watts and mono hahaha. it is very powerfull and has killed many subs. my nephew killed 2 sets of cheap subs with this monster
Ear drum rattling amp
I have a JBL 1200.1 amp in a 1992 Lincoln town car pushing two 15 inch subwoofers rated at 1000 watts a peice and you can literaly hear me coming from a block away I am now a life long JBL fan they put thunder in this one congratulations JBL
i put this amp on 2 10s blew them up.went bigger with 2 12s blew them. realized what i was up against and brought 2 more 12s. this time 600watts a piece.sounds like i have 2 marching bands in my trunk. highly recomended. JBL really stuck there foot in this one.
What's in the box?
- One black amplifier with three 40-amp blade fuses installed
- Warranty/registration card
- Silica gel packet.
"Common-Sense" Amplifier Turn-on Feature: When using any of the speaker-level inputs, the amplifier will automatically turn on when it detects an input signal. This means you can turn the amplifier on and off without connecting a wire between the amp turn-on lead (or power antenna lead) of the radio and the remote turn-on terminal of the amplifier.
"Universal Interface": This amplifier is equipped for convenient hook-up and operation with a wide variety of source units. Although this is a mono amplifier, it has four preamp and four speaker-level inputs (front right, front left, rear right, rear left). When connected to a non-fading subwoofer preamp-level output, only one set of preamp inputs needs to be used. When used in a system without a non-fading subwoofer output, the following input combinations can be used to ensure the bass output level is not affected by the source unit's front-to-rear fader control:
- Front and Rear RCA input from a source unit with Front and Rear RCA outputs
- Front and Rear speaker-level input from a source unit with 4-channels of speaker-level output, but no preamp outputs
- Front speaker-level input and Rear RCA input (or rear speaker-level input and front RCA input) from a source unit with speaker-level output and only one set of preamp outputs
Variable Bass Boost: Output may be boosted up to + 6dB. The boost is centered at 50Hz.
Low-Pass Electronic Crossover: This amplifier is equipped with a non-defeatable, 12dB/octave, 32-320Hz low-pass crossover. 320Hz is the highest frequency this amplifier is designed to output.
Amplifier Illumination: When the amplifier is on, orange illumination shows through four rectangular holes in the amplifier top; the rectangular holes are along the four sides of the JBL logo plate on the amplifier's top. Also, there is a red protect LED and a green power LED on the top of the unit.
- Input level control: an inset rotary control (small flat-blade screwdriver required for adjustment)
- Low-pass frequency control: an inset rotary control (small flat-blade screwdriver required for adjustment)
- Bass Boost control: is an inset rotary control (small flat-blade screwdriver required for adjustment)
Inputs and Outputs:
- Speaker-Level Input Connections: The speaker-level inputs are 0.250 male quick-slides. 0.250 female quick-slides (not included) will be needed to use the speaker level input feature.
- Front left and right high-level inputs: four 0.25 male quick-slides
- Rear left and right high-level inputs: four 0.25 male quick-slides
- Front left and right preamp-level inputs: two gold-plated RCA inputs
- Rear left and right preamp-level inputs: two gold-plated RCA inputs
- Two speaker outputs (mono): gold-plated set screw terminals; terminals accept up to 8 gauge wire.
Note: Although the amplifier has two speaker outputs, the amplifier is not a stereo amplifier; the outputs are parallel-wired internally.
- Remote turn-on input: gold-plated set screw terminal; terminal will accept up to 8 gauge wire.
- Battery input: gold-plated set screw terminal; terminal will accept up to 4 gauge wire.
- Ground input: gold-plated set screw terminal; terminal will accept up to 4 gauge wire.
Note: If non-fading bass is not important in your system, you may feed a signal to only one set of inputs on the amplifier; you may use the front speaker, rear speaker, front preamp or rear preamp level inputs.
Wiring Recommendations: This amplifier uses three 40-amp fuses, so its fuse rating (120-amps total) exceeds that of typical 4 gauge wiring kits, which tend to include a 60-amp fuse. For fuse protection, an ANL wafer style fuse is required, but none of the 4-gauge wiring kits include a ANL-style fuse holder. Since pre-packaged amplifier wiring kits cannot be used alone, you may purchase all the necessary items separately, or you may use a pre-packaged 4 gauge wiring kit along with a ANL-style fuse holder and an 150-amp ANL wafer fuse (a 120-amp fuse is not available). If you do not use a wiring kit with the necessary additional items, the separate parts and wiring needed to install this amplifier are as follows:
- 1 ANL wafer-style fuse holder capable of accepting 4 gauge wire
- One 150 amp ANL wafer fuse
- 2 power rings for 4 gauge cable
- 4 gauge power cable (to connect the battery to a fuse holder and the fuse holder to the amplifier)
- 4 gauge ground cable
- Remote turn-on cable (speaker wire can be used as remote turn-on cable)
- 1 stereo RCA patch cable
- Speaker wire
- RMS Power into 4-ohms: 600 watts
- RMS Power into 2-ohms: 1200 watts
- RMS Power into 1-ohm: 1200 watts (no increase in output power below 2-ohms)
- Peak Power: JBL does not specify the peak power capabilities of this amplifier.
- Maximum Current Draw: 114 amps
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.