5-1/4" Component Speaker System
Item #: 109GTO506C
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $179.99
Take your vehicle's audio system to the next level of sonic sophistication with one of JBL's GTO component speaker systems. These high-performance packages offer rock solid bass from a poly woofer coupled with a durable hi-roll rubber surround. The oversized Plus One cone design has more surface area and greater excursion than standard cones, so low-frequency output is full and resonant.
A sensitive Kaladex (synthetic film) tweeter supplies crystalline high notes. This is a full edge-driven dome tweeter, similar to the tweeters found in upper-end home speakers. You'll benefit with increased power handling and reduced distortion at high output levels.
JBL's I-Mount system simplifies tweeter installation, with angle-, surface-, or flush-mount options. A computer-optimized 2-way crossover network divides the frequencies between the woofer and tweeter for maximum efficiency and accuracy.
The GTO506c component system uses 5-1/4" woofers.
- Plus One polypropylene woofer cone (up to 30% larger than standard cones)
- high-roll rubber surround
- 1" Kaladex (polyethylene naphthalate film) edge-driven dome tweeter
- 2-way crossover (high-/low-pass at 4,000 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- frequency response 70-21,000 Hz
- recommended power range 2-55 watts RMS
- peak power handling 165 watts
- sensitivity 89 dB
- top-mount depth 2-1/4"
- 1-year warranty
Why install component speakers?
A component speaker system gives you the best possible performance from your car audio system. A system consists of separate woofers, tweeters, and crossovers, each designed to cover one specific range of frequencies. As separate components, the woofer can move freely to deliver more powerful performance, while the tweeter can be custom-mounted in a better spot up closer to your ears, revealing a whole new world of detail. Separate crossovers are far superior to the simple filters wired into full-range speakers, so the components work together for smoother, more focused sound.
JBL GTO506c Reviews
What's in the box?
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Tweeters (each with attached 6" speaker leads)
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Metal brackets (not required for installation)
- 4 "U" speed clips
- 4 Countersink machine screws (1/2" length)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (5/8" length/small head)
- 8 Speed clips
- 8 Self-tapping screws (1" length)
- 4 Countersink self-tapping screws (3/8" length)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (5/8" length/large head)
- 2 Hexnuts
- 4 Washers
- Two 0.11" female quick-slides
- Two 0.187" female quick-slides
- Two 10' lengths of speaker wire (each length of wire tinned bare wire on both ends)
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty sheet
Features and Specs
|Speaker Size||5 1/4|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Frequency Response||70 - 21k Hz|
|RMS Power Range (Watts)||2-55|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||165|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/4|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 5/8|
Plus One Woofer Cones: These speakers use polypropylene cones with more surface than other speakers of the same size. The result is greater efficiency and bass output.
Hi-Roll Rubber Surrounds: The Hi-Roll rubber surrounds are used to provide excellent cone-edge suspension and damping. They also allow the woofers a greater range of movement, resulting in longer X-max and more bass output. The rubber material will not break down due to UV contamination or moisture.
Tweeter Material: Each speaker uses a 1" Kaladex dome tweeter for crisp, clear highs. Kaladex is a polymer film that is rugged and resistant to environmental extremes. These edge-driven tweeters give you improved power handling, reduced distortion and increase efficiency, plus allows for better integration with the woofer.
I-Mount Tweeter Mounting System: The tweeters can be surface- or flush-mounted with JBL's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: The tweeter will not swivel in surface-mount cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. When flush-mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|Surface Mount||Flush Mount|
(depth using 1/2" screws)
.564" (depth using 5/8" screws)
2-Way Passive Crossovers: Each crossover features a computer-optimized 12dB/octave, 4.0kHz high-pass network for the tweeter and a 12dB/octave, 4.0kHz low-pass network for the woofer. Each crossover has gold-plated screw terminal inputs and outputs. The opening width of each terminal is 0.32". The dimensions of the crossover are: L=4.271", W=3.348", H=1.295"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.