6-1/2" / 6-3/4" Component System
Item #: 109GTO602C
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $79.99
JBL GTO components have a well-deserved reputation for performance, and now they have a killer price to match! The GTO602C 6-1/2"/6-3/4" component system produces awesome sound with a 1" titanium-composite tweeter for bright highs and Rigitex poly woofer for solid bass.
The rugged butyl rubber surround extends speaker life and improves bass response. This great system includes an in-line tweeter crossover (8,000 Hz, 6dB/octave). The tweeter can be flush- or surface-mounted. 1-year warranty.Details:
- Rigitex poly woofer with rubber surround
- 1" titanium-composite tweeter
- frequency response 50-21,000 Hz
- power 5-50 watts RMS
- peak power handling 125 watts
- sensitivity 91 dB
- depth 2"
Why install component speakers?
A component speaker system gives you the best possible performance from your car audio system. A system consists of separate woofers, tweeters, and crossovers, each designed to cover one specific range of frequencies. As separate components, the woofer can move freely to deliver more powerful performance, while the tweeter can be custom-mounted in a better spot up closer to your ears, revealing a whole new world of detail. Separate crossovers are far superior to the simple filters wired into full-range speakers, so the components work together for smoother, more focused sound.
JBL GTO602C Reviews
What's in the box?
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Metal mounting rings
- 2 Self-adhesive foam gaskets
- 2 Woofer grilles with grille rings
- 2 GTO10t 1" tweeters with 5" wire attached
- 2 Flush mount cups
- 2 Threaded plastic flush mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface mount cups
- Two 47" lengths of speaker wire with in-line crossovers (female quick slides on one end/one male and one female quick slide on the otherend)
- Two 15' lengths of speaker wire (bare wire on one end/female quick slides on the other end)
- Eight 15/16" self-tapping screws
- Eight 1" self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 8 "U" clips
- 8 Metal reinforcement plates
- Four 5/8" self-tapping screws
- 2 Nuts
- 2 Clip washers
- Woofer template
- Manual with specs
- The following items are included but not used to install this component system:
- 2 Brass-colored metal back plates (each plate has two threaded holes)
- Four 9/16" machine screws
- Four 11/16" self-tapping screws.
Features and Specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1" Semi-dome|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 YEAR|
|Labor Warranty||1 YEAR|
|Frequency Response||50 - 21k Hz|
|RMS Power Range (Watts)||5-50|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||125|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5|
Woofers: JBL calls the woofer cone material in this speaker "Rigitex". Rigitex is a polypropylene material molded with ribs to help increase the cone's resistance to flexing. The woofer cones are extremely stiff, lightweight and efficient.
Butyl Rubber Surrounds: This speaker uses a butyl rubber surround for improved durability and performance.
Compatible with 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" Openings: The woofers were designed to be mounted in standard 6-1/2" (without grilles) and 6-3/4" (with or without grilles) openings.
Woofer Mounting Options:
- 6-1/2" Installation (no grilles): The depth, mounting height, etc. listed in the Crutchfield database are for this application. The 6-1/2" mounting holes appear on the included metal mounting rings, not on the speaker frames. For typical 6-1/2" applications, the rings are mounted first using the small head 15/16" screws, then the speakers are attached to the mounting rings. Attaching a speaker to a mounting ring involves aligning slots in the speaker frame with four hooks on the mounting ring, placing the speaker over the ring, then turning the speaker to lock it onto the ring. The included grilles cannot be used in 6-1/2" applications.
- 6-3/4" Installation (with grilles): Mounting the speakers with the included grilles requires a four hole bolt pattern with a perimeter spacing of 4.375" and a diagonal spacing of 6.205"- essentially a 6-3/4" hole pattern. In this application, the large head 1" screws are used, and the metal mounting ring is not used. When the speakers are mounted as described, the speaker depth is 1.935", and the mounting height, including the grilles, is 1.162".
- 6-3/4" Installation (no grilles): The metal "U" mounting clips allow these speakers to be top-mounted as 6-3/4" speakers without the grilles and metal mounting rings. The mounting clips are roughly "U" shaped, with a rolled edge at the end of one leg of the "U"; there is a single screw hole in each clip. Four clips are provided for each speaker. When the clips are used, you align them with the four notches in the rim of each speaker, hook them over the edge of the speaker rim (with the rolled edge of each clip on the outside edge of the speaker rim), insert a large head 1" screw through the hole in each clip, then drive the screw into the mounting surface. Mounting the speakers in this manner results in a speaker depth of 2.049", a mounting height of 0.482" and a flange height of 0.285".
Note: Each metal reinforcement plate has a single screw hole, and each plate is approximately 3/4" x 1/2". The plates may be placed between the rim of the speaker and the mounting surface to prevent the rolled edge of the "U" clips from digging into the mounting surface.
"I Mount" Tweeter Mounting: The "I Mount" flush mount cups are secured to the mounting surface using a large plastic nut that screws onto the cup from behind the mounting surface. The tweeters can be angled in their flush mount cups for optimum response and imaging.
Surface Tweeter Mounting: Each surface mount cup attaches to the vehicle with two screws. The tweeters cannot be angled only in their surface mount cups.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|Surface Mount||Flush Mount|
|Depth||(approx. 0.5" screw depth)||1.199"|
In-line Crossovers: The included in-line crossovers are 2.2 microfarad capacitors. The crossover frequency is 8kHz, and the crossover slope is 6dB/octave. Without the crossovers, the tweeter's response rises gradually at lower frequencies. Using the 8kHz crossovers flattens response for an actual frequency response that is only 3dB down at 3.5kHz. The actual frequency response of the tweeters with the crossovers attached is 3.5kHz to 21kHz.
Power Handling Specifications: On the box and in the manual, the specification shown as the upper limit of the "Recommended Amplifier Power Range" is incorrectly listed as RMS power. This system can handle up to 50 watts RMS, and the peak power handling is 125 watts. These specifications were provided by JBL.
Warranty Note: The manual mentions a warranty registration card, but JBL did not include cards with many of the speakers. The card does not need to be returned for warranty coverage. All that is needed for warranty coverage is a dated receipt on which the model purchased is shown. Crutchfield has not been supplied with copies of the warranty registration card.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.