Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
A concert in your head
JBL is injecting their live sound expertise into their headphones. The Synchros S500 was built on their extensive knowledge of how music sounds in a live venue. As a result, they developed LiveStage™ digital signal processing, which moves the soundstage forward to simulate a concert or speaker-listening experience. Powered by two “AAA” batteries (included), the Synchros S500 headphones deliver up to 20 hours of LiveStage-activated listening. What happens if your batteries run down? You keep listening. The passive listening option means your music will still sound rich and detailed even without LiveStage processing.
Remote cables for Apple® and Android™
If you have an iPhone® or other Apple device, you're probably used to seeing headphones with in-line remotes and microphones that work with these products. The Synchros S500 is no exception. But JBL didn't leave Android users out of the mix. These headphones come with a second remote cable for use with compatible Android devices. Both cables allow you to take calls with a smartphone as well as control playback and volume when listening to music. The miniplug connection in the left earcup makes it easy to swap out one for the other.
The Synchros S500s will attract attention with their pro-style looks. But these headphones go beyond mere fashion. With an aluminum frame, sturdy headband, and leather earpads, these 'phones are built to last. They also offer enough comfort to keep you listening, whether you're working on a home recording project or just kicking back enjoying your favorite tunes. With JBL's pedigree for both live sound and home audio, these headphones are great for the studio or the living room.
- closed-back, over-the-ear design helps block external noise
- 50mm dynamic drivers
- stainless steel headband and leather earpads offer durability
- earcup button activates LiveStage digital signal processing for a more forward soundstage similar to speaker listening
- 2 "AAA" batteries (included) power LiveStage audio processing for up to 20 hours
- listen in passive mode (LiveStage OFF) without battery power
- PureBass technology delivers deep low-frequency response with detail and accuracy
- detachable miniplug cable with in-line 3-button remote and microphone for use with iPhone®, iPod®, and iPad®
- detachable miniplug cable with in-line 3-button remote and microphone for use with compatible Android phones
- carrying case
- frequency response: 10-22,000 Hz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JBL Synchros S500 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Over-ear headphones (white)
- 4' Headphone cable with in-line mic/remote for iOS devices
- 4' Headphone cable with in-line mic/remote for Android devices
- Clothing clip (installed on iOS cable)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Zippered storage case
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty booklet
- Attention! booklet
- Indication of Toxic and Hazardous Substances/Elements
Features and Specs
|Frequency Response||10-22k Hz|
|Airline Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The JBL Synchros S500 over-ear headphones are designed for comfort and great sound. The Synchros S500s feature precision-crafted die-cast aluminum frames, woven cordura accents, padded steel headband, and leather ear cushions. The drivers are based on the famous JBL professional audio systems to deliver powerful bass and pristine highs. The addition of the proprietary LiveStage powered signal processing gives you a more realistic sound. The Synchros S500 headphones come with two interchangeable cables, each with a 3-button mic/remote, a USB charging cable, and a soft padded storage case.
Drivers: The Synchros S500 features large premium 50mm drivers that delivers powerful audio with clear highs and original JBL PureBass performance.
LiveStage: JBL's proprietary LiveStage is a switchable signal processing circuit that gives you the purest listening experience. It creates a sense of spatial presence that makes you think you are listening to a pair of loudspeakers in a room. LiveStage is powered by a two "AAA" batteries, and can be turned on or off by a switch on the left earcup. Fresh alkaline batteries will provide approximately 20 hours of audio when using LiveStage. Live Stage enters the power saving mode when music stops for more than 10 minutes, and turns back on immediately when music resumes. If the batteries are dead, or if no batteries are present, you can still listen to music by switching the Live Stage button to the Off position.
In-line Mic/Remotes: The Synchros S500 comes with two 48" straight cables, each with a 3.5mm miniplug terminal and a 3-button in-line remote/microphone. The outer buttons control Volume Up and Volume Down, while the middle button controls music playback and phone call answering/disconnecting. One cable is compatible with Apple iOS devices, while the other "universal" cable works with Android and most other smart devices:
- Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad: The Synchros S500's controls are certified compatible with iPod, iPhone, and iPad. They work with iPhone (3GS or later), all iPad models, iPod touch (2nd gen or later), iPod nano (4th gen or later), and iPod classic (120GB/160GB). The iOS-compatible cable has terminals with white bands.
- Universal Cable: The "universal" cable works with many popular smartphones, feature phones, and tablets, including Samsung, Sony Xperia, Nokia Lumia, HTC, LG, Blackberry, Google, Android, and Windows devices. Functions vary depending upon your phone, tablet, or application. The "universal" cable has terminals with black bands.
Storage Case: The padded zippered clam-shell case has a soft lining to protect your headphones from bumps, and lets you store your headphones for easy transport. An elastic pocket in the inner lid is for storing your spare cables and other accessories.
Specifications: The Synchros S500 has the following specs:
- Frequency Response: 10-22kHz
- Rated Power Input: 30 mW
- Maximum SPL: 117 dB @ 30 mW
- Connector: 3.5mm
- Weight: 11.4 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.