Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bringing "live" sound to your headphones
In addition to their consumer audio pedigree, JBL has been a leader in live sound for decades. When they designed their Synchros S700 headphones, they wanted to deliver as much of that "in the club" listening experience as possible. They developed LiveStage™ digital signal processing to offer a unique headphone experience. LiveStage moves the soundstage forward to simulate a concert or speaker-listening experience. Powered by a rechargeable battery, the Synchros S700 headphones deliver up to 28 hours of LiveStage-activated listening with a single charge using the included USB cable. What happens if your battery runs down? You keep listening. The passive listening option means your music will still sound rich and detailed even without LiveStage processing.
Remote cables for Apple® and Android™
If you have an iPhone® or other Apple device, you're probably used to seeing headphones with in-line remotes and microphones that work with these products. The Synchros S700 is no exception. But JBL didn't leave Android users out of the mix. These headphones come with a second remote cable for use with compatible Android devices. Both cables allow you to take calls with a smartphone as well as control playback and volume when listening to music. The miniplug connection in the left earcup makes it easy to swap out one for the other.
The Synchros S700s will attract attention with their pro-style looks. But these headphones go beyond mere fashion. With an aluminum frame, sturdy headband, and leather earpads, these 'phones are built to last. They also offer enough comfort to keep you listening, whether you're working on a home recording project or just kicking back enjoying your favorite tunes. With JBL's pedigree for both live sound and home audio, these headphones are great for the studio or the living room.
- closed-back, over-the-ear design helps block external noise
- 50mm dynamic drivers
- aluminum frame and leather earpads for durability and comfort
- earcup button activates LiveStage digital signal processing for a more forward soundstage similar to speaker listening
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery powers LiveStage audio processing for up to 28 hours
- listen in passive mode (LiveStage OFF) without battery power
- PureBass technology delivers deep low-frequency response with detail and accuracy
- detachable miniplug cable with in-line 3-button remote and microphone for use with iPhone®, iPod®, and iPad®
- detachable miniplug cable with in-line 3-button remote and microphone for use with compatible Android phones
- carrying case
- USB charging cable for built-in battery
- frequency response: 10-22,000 Hz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JBL Synchros S700 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
JBL Synchros S700
Not RatedBuild Quality
AWWWW here I go again!!!!!!! These headphones right here I hate to say it makes the boom rogue sound like your first stereo system that you first brought when you turned 13. The first thing is that I said is I gotta put these phones on and hear what I brought. Well I kind of had an idea of what it could sound like but these S700's are soooooooo nice!!!!!!! I like the case they came with so you don't have to squeeze them into your coat pocket. I had to pick the right cord to listen to the music I got that right on the first try!!!!!!!!! The sound that comes from these headphones is how music is supposed to be. I ain't turning them down either so don't ask me too!!!!!! I put the charger on them so I can just go wireless just one time.
Pros: Nice style, ear cups cover both ears(early practice for the cold weather) colors nice to make people stare @ them!!!!! Ear cups swivel in case your ears get tired. Thanx Chase for the hook up !!!!!!!!! Man I just might order the black pair for just in case of an emergency!!!!! In stead of break
Cons: I haven't found any !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
have been through BOSE over ear noise cancellation and Beats by Dre. Both give a buzz when connected to iPhone or Macbook . so i went with cans that don't have official 'noise cancellation' . these S700s BLOW AWAY both the Bose and Beats. I put my Beats on yesterday because i left my JBLs at home and the Beats experience was FLAT . just horrible, in comparison to these S700s. Note though, the LiveStage DSP function is worthless - makes a lot of tracks sound 'tinny', but in standard mode these phones are incredible. GREAT mid-range and deep bass, without sacrificing mid and highs. very happy ...
What's in the box?
- Over-ear headphones (white)
- 50" Apple-compatible cable with in-line mic/remote (2.5mm and 3.5mm plugs)
- 50" Universal cable with in-line mic/remote and clothing clip (2
- 5mm and 3.5mm plugs)
- 43" Charging cable (3.5mm and Type A USB plugs)
- Black padded storage case
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Sheet
- Instructions for Users
- Attention! sheet
Features and Specs
|Frequency Response||10-22k Hz|
|Airline Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The JBL Synchros 700 over-ear headphones are designed for comfort and great sound. The Synchros 700s feature precision-crafted die-cast aluminum frames, woven cordura accents, padded steel headband, and leather ear cushions. The drivers are based on the famous JBL professional audio systems to deliver powerful bass and pristine highs. The addition of the proprietary LiveStage powered signal processing gives you a more realistic sound. The Synchros 700 headphones come with two interchangeable cables, each with a 3-button mic/remote, a USB charging cable, and a soft padded storage case.
Drivers: The Synchros 700 features large 50mm drivers that delivers powerful audio with clear highs and original JBL PureBass performance.
LiveStage: JBL's proprietary LiveStage is a switchable signal processing circuit that gives you the purest listening experience. It creates a sense of spatial presence that makes you think you are listening to a pair of loudspeakers in a room. LiveStage is powered by a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, and can be turned on or off by pressing the JBL logo on the left earcup. The battery can be charged in approximately 2-1/2 hours using the supplied USB charging cable. A fully-charged battery will provide approximately 28 hours of audio when using LiveStage.
In-line Mic/Remotes: The Synchros 700 comes with two 50" straight cables, each with a 3.5mm miniplug terminal and a 3-button in-line remote/microphone. One cable is compatible with Apple iOS devices, while the other "universal" cable works with Android and most other smart devices:
- Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad: The Synchros 700's controls are certified compatible with iPod, iPhone, and iPad. They work with iPhone (3GS or later), all iPad models, iPod touch (2nd gen or later), iPod nano (4th gen or later), and iPod classic (120GB/160GB). The iOS-compatible cable has terminals with white bands.
- Universal Cable: The "universal" cable works with many popular smartphones, feature phones, and tablets, including Samsung, Sony Xperia, Nokia Lumia, HTC, LG, Blackberry, Google, Android, and Windows devices. Functions vary depending upon your phone, tablet, or application. The "universal" cable has terminals with black bands.
Storage Case: The padded zippered clam-shell case has a soft lining to protect your headphones from bumps, and lets you store your headphones for easy transport. An elastic pocket in the inner lid is for storing your spare cables and other accessories.
Specifications: The Synchros 700 has the following specs:
- Frequency Response: 10-22kHz
- Rated Power Input: 30 mW
- Maximum SPL: 117 dB @ 30 mW
- Connector: 3.5mm
- Weight: 13 ounces