Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Two systems in one
The JBL Voyager is one Bluetooth powered speaker system that goes the extra distance. It includes a base station with a built-in woofer, plus a detachable speaker that docks in the center. Use both sections together at home, and you'll enjoy full, rich sound with plenty of bottom end, thanks to 30 watts of total built-in amplification. Or pop the portable speaker out of the base charger and use it on the go anywhere your music takes you. Either way you've got great wireless sound for your smartphone or tablet.
Base station with built-in woofer (left) and detachable portable speaker system (right)
A built-in microphone turns the portable unit into a wireless speakerphone, so you can enjoy clear, hands-free conversation. The portable unit delivers up to 5 hours continuous operation from its built-in rechargeable battery. Just place it on the base station to recharge. The base station also has a USB charging port for your smartphone or tablet.
- Bluetooth wireless operation
- detachable portable unit
- two 1-3/4" full-range drivers
- built-in microphone and call answer button for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- built-in rechargeable battery with up to 5 hours operation
- base station charger
- 3-1/16" woofer for low tones
- built-in recharging dock for portable unit
- AC power adapter
- USB charging port for smartphones and tablets
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- amplified power: 2 x 7.5W (portable unit) + 1 x 15 watts (base woofer)
- 7-1/2"W x 7-3/4"H x 5"D
- weight: 2.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JBL Voyager Reviews
Average Customer Review:
JBL Voyager--sounds great!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Would like to be able to EQ. the bass down just a little bit, but this speaker sounds great and pumps out great tone. It looks great and is nice and compact. Oh, and Crutchfield service is top notch.
Pros: Loud, clear, compact.
Cons: Would be nice to be able to adjust bass (down) for music like jazz.
thanks back at ya for many years of great service
Pros: Quality at its best
Cons: A must have
What's in the box?
- Bluetooth wireless speaker
- Subwoofer base
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 5' DC cord)
- 40" AC power cord
- 32" MicroUSB-to-USB cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Features and Specs
|NFC Touch Pairing||No|
Bluetooth Connectivity: The JBL Voyager is a self-powered Bluetooth speaker that is ideal for your Bluetooth-enabled iPod touch/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, or computer/laptop. The JBL Voyager supports Bluetooth audio streaming and Bluetooth hands-free communication. This unit pairs with your Bluetooth-enabled device with a single press of a button. Once paired, the JBL Voyager will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33').
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The JBL Voyager speaker streams stereo music wirelessly from your Bluetooth-enabled devices. You'll be able to stream stored music and music apps from your compatible device to the JBL Voyager. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to navigate your music and to view song/artist information.
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication (HFP): The JBL Voyager also features a microphone and a call-answer button so you can answer phone calls, talk on Skype, or use Facetime from the speaker. A long press of the call-answer button will activate the voice command feature of your smartphone (if applicable). You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, manually enter phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JBL Voyager.
2.1 Speaker System: The JBL Voyager Bluetooth speaker system consists of two 1.5" midrange drivers and one 3" subwoofer powered by a built-in 230-wat amplifier for dynamic, full-range sound. You can detach the Voyager's two 1.5" midrange drivers from the subwoofer base and use it as a portable speaker system. The speaker needs to be plugged into AC power to use the built-in subwoofer.
Aux Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the JBL Voyager is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
Built-in Charger: The JBL Voyager is capable of recharging the battery of your Bluetooth-enabled device from the speaker's built-in USB (type-A) port. Now you don't need to carry an extra charger to keep your devices powered up. This USB port does not support audio playback.
Rechargeable Battery: The JBL Voyager's detachable speaker has a built-in, 7.4V/1000mAh Lithium-polymer rechargeable battery that provides up to 5 hours of playback time on a single charge. The battery is easily recharged using the included AC power adapter (charging time is approximately 2.5 hours) when docked to the subwoofer base. The AC power adapter is also be used to power the subwoofer base.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: According to the information that we currently have for the JBL Voyager, you cannot pair multiple units together. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Mar 11, 2015 ] Staff