Item #: 110VM9226B
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $249.99
Hands-free calling for your car
Jensen's VM9226BT DVD receiver keeps you in touch with the outside world, while serving up plenty of audio/video options. This receiver offers hands-free calling with an easy-to-use interface for making outgoing calls. And Bluetooth audio streaming lets you send music to the receiver from compatible devices.
Rolling with your music
When you want some driving music, you've got a lot of options. You can play your CDs, along with music you've loaded on an SD card. You'll find front and rear USB inputs for your thumb drive, iPod®, or iPhone®, so you can access and search for the songs on your devices with the receiver's controls. And you can control your Pandora® account from the receiver when your iPhone is connected, too. Use the 3-band equalizer to dial in the sound you prefer, or keep it simple by selecting one of the eight preset EQ curves.
Video options and more
You can watch DVDs while you're parked, or send movies to a rear video screen (not included) when you're on the road. Add Jensen's optional jLinkUSB cable, and you can even watch video content from your iPod or iPhone. You'll also find an input for a rear-view camera — perfect for when you're maneuvering your vehicle in tight spaces.
The VM9226BT comes with an external microphone to ensure the best call quality.
Front and rear A/V inputs supply convenient hookups for your portable audio player, game system, or other video sources. For even more entertainment options, you can add on a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner to connect with an amazing variety of music, news, sports, and talk. Last of all, you can add GPS functionality to this receiver by hooking up Jensen's NAV104 module
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Jensen stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Jensen, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- in-dash DVD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- internal amp (13 watts RMS CEA-2006/40 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.2" touchscreen display
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control — Jensen jLinkUSB cable required for viewing video content
- Pandora control with iPhone
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- wireless remote
- plays content from CDs, DVDs, USB memory devices, and SD cards
- 3-band parametric equalizer with 8 preset tone curves
- low-pass filter
- subwoofer level controls
- compatible with Jensen NAV104 navigation module; SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included)
- inputs: front A/V input, front and rear USB inputs, SD card slot, rear-view camera input
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (4-volt rear, rear, mono sub), video output
Video receivers: They're not just for movies
Video receivers add a new level of entertainment to your vehicle. You can watch a movie on the screen when you're parked on a Saturday night, or play a DVD or downloaded video through your rear seat video setup on the road. Touchscreen receivers allow you to breeze through menus with the tip of your finger. Most video receivers feature a USB input for iPod audio, and the ability to add an adapter that allows video to display on the screen.
Jensen VM9226BT Reviews
Average Customer Review:
2006 Nissan 350Z
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
I hate to see this product is discontinued because this HU has all the features you could want for a very affordable price. Thanks to Crutchfield the installation was very easy to understand and the wiring harness made the connections very simple. Crutchfield definitely knows the products you need to make a daunting task very easy. The HU is a wonderful item and if you are able to purchase one I highly recommend getting it. Maybe Crutchfield will bring it back.
Pros: Easy to use with a self explanatory user menu. Crutchfield pointed out everything I needed to make the task go flawlessly.
Cons: I have no cons for this HU because everything went well. Thanks Crutchfield.
Great unit for the money
2002 Acura 3.2TL
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
When looking around for a unit to replace the stock system in my 2002 Acura TL, I decided to go for this one based on features and price and have not been disappointed. I had an install shop do the work simply because I simply did not have the time although the provided install instruction sheet from Crutchfield was perfect as always. Also purchased the ASWC1 steering wheel interface and a PAC ROEM-HON unit to interface with the factory Bose EQ/AMP. Only drawback is that the ROEM-HON still does not send signal to the factory subwoofer amp. There is a hack to resolve that and I will do that at a later time. Regardless, even with the original factory speakers and no-sub, the bass in this unit is very impressive for my listening purposes (mostly classic rock). I'm a drummer so I like a nice solid kick bass sound and this unit provides it even with the 3-band EQ. SD input is perfect for me and DVD playback is awesome. Plenty of inputs and outputs. Eventually I will also add a rear-view camera.
Pros: Great sound quality and value. Nice having an old school power button/volume dial. Impressive DVD quality.
Cons: It would have been nice to have the unit read more than 1,500 files from SD/USB.
Good value and great support
Ease of Use
Just installed this in a 2004 Suburban - this all started when my wife said she wanted a backup camera! Before the review of the Jenson, I would like to complement Crutchfield support - it was excellent. Due to an error on my part in listing the vehicle and the car adapter's specs being a bit off, no sound came out. Perhaps it could have been made to work with that adapter but Crutchfild took back the adapter and replaced it with one they know works. What impressed me about this is that they took responsibility for this working in my vehicle and did whatever was necessary to make sure it did. The first Jenson also failed after about an hour (fortunately, I had not fully installed it). Support exchanged it immediately. Well done!
We were not in this for amazing sound, sure, good sound but this is not our living room! For our needs the Jenson sounds great and the features are right-on for our needs. The only other feature I would want is more Android friendliness. Also, the procedure listed in the manual to adjust the power-on volume is not working, but I have not contacted support yet.
Pros: Nice screen Sound quality and equalization capability. SD, USB and AV in on front of unit - can store all our music on the SD Works with rear camera
Cons: Initial unit failed, but new unit is functioning well Power-on volume adjustment I would like to hide what I don't have - XM and NAV
Lots of toys: AM,FM, Bluetooth, XM, USB, Camera
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
Jensen VM9226BT does what it says it does. 40 watts is good enough for the vehicle I installed it in. Minor mods to my Silverado to make it fit but I plan on keeping the truck for quite a while so it will go when the truck goes. My iPhone 4S works great with it but I am due for a phone upgrade so not sure what will happen with an iPhone 5 or beyond. I had never installed a car radio before and the wiring instructions a re vague at best. The Crutchfield team is very very good at responding to questions, so for that reason I am glad I went with them. The backup camera video is crystal clear! Very pleased with response time going into reverse. DVD's play SWEET! The sound in my Bose speakers is nothing less than awesome when watching movies! I also installed an aftermarket XM unit with this radio and the stock antenna plug worked! Look online for a video on how to do that because I wasn't going to mount an antenna if I didn't have to. The wiring adaptor I bought was way too much wiring for this radio, go with the less expensive one and save yourself some money. The "kit" came with about 60% extra crap I don't need. If you like bass, you will love this radio. It will shake the rearview mirror like crazy! Not to worry, there are settings to make it "normal" too! Overall it was a great experience for me to install and I learned a lot. If I did another one, it would be much easier. Ask the Crutchfield team for help, they are great! Oh, I am 50 YO
Pros: Comes ready for XM, Bluetooth, iPod or iPhone, backup camera, SD card and USB drive. Sound is incredible for 40 watts. While playing Pandora from iPhone you can see song info on the screen. Lots of presets in all modes. Fit and finish is great! Touch screen work pretty fast.
Cons: Had to mod Silverado to fit, no turning back. (Website warns before you buy). Need j-link to put iPhone screen on radio screen.
2006 Ford F-350
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
Best Bluetooth I've seen in an aftermarket head unit, great choices of media, looks clean in my dash, sound is excellent. Only two things I don't like about it. #1 It keeps forgetting my XM presets and there is no way to increase the volume to a level you can hear when the radio comes on.
Pros: Too many to list.
Cons: Preset memory loss on a regular basis and sound level when powered up.
nice piece of equipment
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
I upgraded the stock radio in my 2004 Prius to this to get Satellite and Bluetooth primarily. I found it was a good value to also include nav capability and DVD playback which I could add in the future. Install took some time and patience but after several tries it looks pretty nice and all functions work in my car.
Pros: large volume knob makes it a lot easier to adjust since steering wheel controls are out of service (add on kit will restore them); touch screen is responsive and pick up of bluetooth seems pretty fast upon starting car.
Cons: large screen is nearly impossible to view in direct sunlight but that seems to be a recurring problem - too bad there isn't a daylight mode or something to correct it. maybe there is but I haven't read the manual yet
What's in the box?
- Multimedia receiver with integrated 6.2" touchscreen monitor (15A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Trim ring
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- Video/Preamp harness
- Parking brake/reverse/SWC harness
- NAV-BUS harness
- IR remote control
- CR2025 3V lithium battery
- Microphone (with attached 7.75' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip (installed on mic)
- Self-adhesive mount
- Metal backstrap
- Rear support stud
- Rubber bushing
- Self-tapping screw
- Hex-head screw
- 6 Pan-head iso-mount machine screws
- Operating Instructions
- Installation Guide
- "STOP" sheet
- Limited Warranty information
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||13 watts|
|Peak Output||40 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|AUX Input||Mini (front)|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
6.2" Touchscreen Display: The Jensen VM9226BT features a fixed 6.2" widescreen touchscreen LCD monitor. The screen has a resolution of 800 RGB x 234 with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. The Jensen VM9226BT offers a variety of display adjustments to customize the display.
Selectable Backgrounds: You can select from five background wallpapers (Engine Button, Green Cubes, Red Swirl, Tribal, or Blue Haze).
Hard-Key Controls w/ Adjustable Illumination: In addition to the unit's LCD touchscreen controls, the VM9226BT also features hard-key controls on the left edge of the screen (including a 3-way rotary audio control). You can adjust the front-panel's button illumination between eight Preset colors (White, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple, Aquablue, Skyblue) or a Custom color (RGB colors). You can also select "Color Scan" which randomly scans through all eight color presets.
2-DIN Chassis: The Jensen VM9226BT has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double-DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets. There is no mounting-sleeve for Euro-mount vehicles. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Parking Brake Detection: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the pink wire (within harness) must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Bluetooth Technology: The Jensen VM9226BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the VM9226BT. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the VM9226BT.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ external mic): The VM9226BT supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen and carry on a phone conversation hands-free. An external microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can make a call by entering the phone number, selecting a contact from your Phonebook list, or using the Call History Log of received/dialed/missed calls.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls. You can also set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call within 5 seconds.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Jensen
in-dash head unit's front-panel controls.
- Direct Dial: Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers (0-9, *, #) directly via the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phonebook: You can search for contact names in your mobile phone's phonebook from the Jensen VM9226BT and then make your call.
- Call History: You can also make a call by searching your mobile phone's call history (Received/Dialed/Missed) from the Jensen VM9226BT.
Note: The microphone features a visor-clip to mount the unit to your vehicle's sun-visor. The visor-clip can be removed and the microphone an be mounted to your dash using the supplied self-adhesive bracket. The microphone measures 0.5" (diameter) x 1.1875" (deep) and features an attached 7.75' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Jensen VM9226BT allows you to play back stored music and streamed music from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or audio player. You can control basic music playback functions (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from the VM9226BT. Advanced music navigation will still need to be done through your Bluetooth mobile device. This unit does not display song/artist information from connected Bluetooth audio devices. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Disc Compatibility: The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier, so you don't have to wait for the unit's monitor to retract. The VM9226BT supports playback of DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs. The unit supports MPEG-1/MPEG-2 video & JPEG files recorded on to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs. It also supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW disc.
SD-Card Slot: The Jensen VM9226BT is equipped with a front-panel SD-card slot. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files and JPEG photo files recorded on SD/SDHC memory cards (up to 8GB).
Dual USB Ports: The Jensen VM9226BT features a front- and rear-panel USB (type-A port) for connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. The USB ports enable playback of MP3/WMA audio files recorded in FAT16 or FAT32 on a connected USB mass storage class device. The head unit also supports JPEG still image playback via USB. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/500mA), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
File Compatibility: The Jensen VM9226BT supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW||USB, SD/SDHC|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3:
bit rate up to 128kbps w/ sampling frequency up to 48kHz
WMA: bit rate up to 128kbps w/ sampling frequency up to 48kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||1,500 total songs/files|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, WMA-tags|
Playback Functions: The Jensen VM9226BT offers a variety of playback functions to enjoy your music, video, and photo files.
- Slow Motion: Plays the current DVD video title in slow motion.
- Repeat Play: Repeat Chapter, Titles, Tracks, and Folders on a disc, SD-card, or USB device.
- A-B Repeat: A-B Repeat allows you to repeat a specific section of a DVD.
- Random Play: When playing a disc, SD-card, or USB device you can play audio tracks/files in random order.
Search Functions: The VM9226BT provides various search functions to find your music, videos, and photos.
- Playlist Screen: The Playlist Screen provides a search list for music, video, or photo files stored on your MP3/WMA disc, SD-card or USB device.
- Fast Forward/Fast Reverse: When playing a disc or USB device, there are four fast-play speeds in both directions - 2x, 4x, 8x, and 20x.
- Intro Scan: During music playback you can play the first 10 seconds of each track or file.
- Direct Search: During disc, SD-card, or USB playback you can use the numeric keypad on the touch-screen display to access a chapter/track directly.
Parental Lock: The DVD system has a built-in Parental Lock feature to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing restricted disc content. By default, the rating system is unlocked. You can choose from 8 different levels of Parental Lock. Once setup, the parental lock is released only by entering the user 4-digit password.
Off Eject: You can eject a disc with the unit powered off. You cannot insert a disc with the head unit powered off.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity: The Jensen VM9226BT supports connection to either Dock-connector or Lightning-connector Apple iPods and iPhones.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector iPod/iPhone: The optional jLink-USB cable (110JLINUSB, sold separately) allows you to connect your iPod or Phone (w/ dock connector) to the VM9226BT through the head unit's rear-panel USB port and 3.5mm video input (labeled "iPod"). This type of connection supports playback of audio/video content stored on your Apple device, as well as music and movies streamed to your iPhone from select apps. If you only require iPod/iPhone audio playback, you can simply connect your iPod/iPhone to the VM9226BT's front- or rear-panel USB input via the USB/Dock connector cable that came with your iPod/iPhone.
- Lightning-Connector iPod/iPhone: If you have an iPod/iPhone with the new Lightning-connector; use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit's front- or rear-panel USB input. These Apple devices only support audio playback of stored music and streamed music apps on your iPod/iPhone device. These Apple devices do not support video output.
iPod/iPhone Control: You can control your connected iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen. You can use the VM9226BT's touchscreen to browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, or Podcast. You can browse your videos by Movie, Music Videos, TV Shows, Video Podcasts, Rentals, and Video Playlists. You can also access a music track directly by using the head unit's touchscreen keypad. In addition, you can activate Random & Repeat playback modes. Most iPod/iPhone device's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked during connection (Apple devices w/ iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked).
Information Display: The Jensen VM9226BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information from stored music and select music apps. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, and Album Art.
Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 0.5A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Jensen VM9226BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and support the following iPod/iPhone model features (12/8/2013):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora App||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio|
- *Requires the Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device for audio playback only. These devices do not support video output.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, scan, preset, and direct tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible FM stations. FM stations with Radio Data System (RDS) service send inaudible digital information along with the regular radio program signal. The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
- Preset Tuning: The unit features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands with the capability of storing 6 presets for each band giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (30 total). You can also automatically store the six strongest stations in your area inside the current selected band.
- Preview Scan: The Scan function will play the first five seconds of each station, until you find a station you like.
- Local Seek: The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played.
- Direct Tuning: The built-in AM/FM tuner also allows direct frequency tuning through the unit's touchscreen panel.
Pandora App: Pandora is the leading Internet Radio music service in the United States, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The free Pandora app lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Jensen VM9226BT using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Jensen jLink-USB cable (sold separately), or the USB cable supplied with your iPhone. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0 or later) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The VM9226BT will provide control over the Pandora music service & display Artist, Album, & Song information (including Album Art).
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Jensen VM9226BT comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM & Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options & channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Direct Channel input allows you to directly enter a station number using the remote control
- Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, and Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's display
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the VM9226BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the VM9226BT are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 13 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 40 watts x 4 channels (160 watts total)
4V/5CH Preamp Output: The VM9226BT is equipped with five 4-volt preamp outputs (Front L/R, Rear L/R, & mono-Sub). The front & rear preamp outputs offer balance/fade control and are designed to connect to a full-range amplifier. The mono-subwoofer preamp output is non-fading and designed to hookup to a mono-block subwoofer amplifier.
Subwoofer Controls: The Jensen VM9226BT offers the following subwoofer controls, when you have the unit's subwoofer preamp output activated.
- Low Pass Crossover: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Crossover for subwoofer preamp output. You can select from 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or off.
- Subwoofer Level: Once the Subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level (+/-14) from the DVD receiver.
EQ: The VM9226BT features a Preset & Custom EQ. The built-in equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Acoustic, Urban, Rave, Latin, Dance, Hip Hop, Rock, or User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 3-band parametric EQ (Frequency/Level).
|Bass||60, 80, 100, 200 Hz||-14 to +14||1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.5 kHz||-14 to +14||0.5, 0.7, 1.0, 1.25|
|Treble||10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5 kHz||-14 to +14||Fixed|
Audio Enhancements: The VM9226BT offers a variety of audio adjustments to enhance your listening experience in the vehicle.
- Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume.
- DRC: This function reduces a Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range so you can hear quieter dialog without being overwhelmed by loud sections. You can choose a setting of Auto or On.
- Source Level: You can increase the relative volume (+/-6dB) of the unit's source inputs to match the external source's output level. The Source Level can be used for the VM9126's Radio, Disc, USB, iPod, or AV input.
- Programmable Turn-On Volume: You can set the head unit to turn-on to the last volume level adjustment when turned off, or turn-on to a pre-defined volume level (0-40) every time you power up the radio.
Beep Tones: An audible beep tone confirms each function selection. The beep tone can be disabled/enabled in the Setup Menu.
Heat Management: The unit has a heat management system which incorporates forced-air cooling to keep the chip-sets operating at nominal temperatures for reliable operation and sound quality.
Front-Panel AV Input: The VM9226BT features a front-panel 3.5mm AV input for connecting a portable audio/video device such as a portable digital media player. This input is also used to connect the optional jLink-USB cable for iPod/iPhone video playback.
Video Out: A single RCA composite video-output jack allows you to an add external monitor such as rear headrest monitor (sold separately). The video output will display whatever video signal that is being displayed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor.
Rear View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rear view camera (sold separately) in order to display the area behind your vehicle on the head unit's touchscreen. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (green/white wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds. You can choose for the monitor to display a Mirror mode image or a Normal mode image from the rear-view camera. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Navigation Ready: The Jensen NAV104 (110NAV104, sold separately) is an add-on GPS Navigation module for this Jensen head unit. The NAV104 is driven by iGo Primo software featuring turn-by-turn audible/visual guidance with lane assist, 3D landmarks and building graphics, plus TeleAtlas US maps with over 11 million POIs (points of interest). The system also offers 19 on-screen display languages, and text-to-speech recorded voice guidance in English, French and Spanish.
IR Remote Control: The Jensen VM9226BT comes supplied with a 44-button IR remote control which provides wireless operation of the Jensen multimedia receiver.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Jeff Jan 26, 2014 ] Staff
I USE THE BUILT IN CROSSOVER FOR MY SUB OUTPUT. IT HAS FREQ, LEVEL OUTPUT,PHASE AND SLOPE. NOT SURE ABOUT THE OTHER SPEAKERS [ BARRY Jan 21, 2014 ]