Item #: 110VM9424B
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $549.99
Jensen's VM9424BT navigation receiver brings new convenience and entertainment to your drive with GPS guidance, built-in Bluetooth®, and plenty of multimedia options — all built around a user-friendly 6.2" touchscreen.
Capable and reliable navigation
You'll find your way with ease using the VM9424BT's navigation system, developed hand-in-hand with industry leaders like Horizon Navigation, NavMate, and Tele Atlas. You'll have access to 11 million points of interest throughout the United States, with accurate guidance and time estimates. An easy-to-access SD™ card stores all maps and information, so updating down the road is a quick and easy operation.
Bluetooth convenience and safety
A call comes in while you're driving — do you ignore it or risk the distraction of fumbling for your phone? No more tough decisions with the VM9424BT, thanks to built-in Bluetooth capability. Just touch a button and carry on your conversation as if the caller is sitting right next to you.
Plenty of A/V options
You can connect your iPod® to the receiver's USB port, and control your audio playlists — you'll need Jensen's optional jLinkUSB cable to check out video content. In you're into multiple sources, Jensen's MediaLink cable offers a single connection center with an audio auxiliary input, A/V input, and USB input that you can mount in a convenient location, like under the dash or in another convenient location.
You can enjoy DVD movies on the 6.2" video screen when you're parked, or share the fun with backseat passengers by adding video screens to the two video outputs. Of course, you can play play your all your audio discs on the VM9424BT — including CDs or DVDs you've loaded with MP3 and WMA files.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Jensen stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Jensen, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
Note: Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
- in-dash navigation receiver with 6.2" touchscreen
- internal amp (13 watts RMS CEA-2006/40 peak x 4 channels)
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- built-in navigation system with maps of entire USA and over 10 million points of interest
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- remote control
- plays CDs, DVDs, SD cards, and USB memory devices (see Hands-on Research for full capabilities)
- 3-band equalizer with adjustable center frequencies
- iPod control built in, add Jensen's jLinkUSB adapter for video content
- compatible with Jensen satellite radio receiver
- inputs: rear A/V input, front auxiliary input, rear USB input, front SD card slot, rear-view camera input
- outputs: two video outputs, 5-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, and mono subwoofer)
Why install a car stereo with built-in GPS?
Imagine taking a trip as your car's receiver gives you directions, finds the best restaurant for dinner, and plays movies for your back seat denizens. Navigation receivers cover all the bases, with GPS guidance, DVD playback, and a host of other useful features. You can search through millions of points of interest to locate gas stations, restaurants, museums, and other interesting spots, wherever you are. Most receivers offer Bluetooth capability for hands-free calling, along with the ability to search through your iPod playlists with touchscreen controls.
Jensen VM9424BT Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Pros: wife was able to learn how to use it within 5 mins!
Cons: Too long booting up, Navi is out dated!
great features list, too bad most don't work well
So, you get what you pay for. This units look great on paper. Its full set of advertised features are lacking in performance. It does many things well, but do yourself a favor and spend a few bucks more on something else.
Pros: Does well: Plays radio and reception well iPod integration and metadata feedback works well Xm intergration works well when outboard tuner module works
Cons: Unacceptable issues: Clock won't keep time Blue tooth operation and connection with my iPhone 4s and previous 3g is poor. Hands free data access is very poor. Will not play loud like my factory unit did Speakerphone plays through one speaker only and is not loud enough to hear the person on the phone.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
THIS IS A AWESOME UNIT FOR THE MONEY! I INSTALLED IT IN A 2005 FORD F150. GREAT FIT. EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT. BLUTOOTH SOUND QUALITY IS GREAT!
Pros: NICE NAVIGATION, BLUETOOTH QUALITY IS GREAT
Good Value, but Jensen's Tech Support Isn't Worth It
2005 GMC Envoy XL
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I give it 4 stars for the radio and no stars for Jensen's customer support, hence the 2 star rating.
The GPS started to ask me for an "activation code" whenever I tried to use it. Horizon Navigation referred me back to Jensen.
Jensen's customer support is the worst. Called 5 times, was on hold twice for over 30 minutes and gave up, the other 3 times got nothing but attitude. You know, the typical "If you can't fix a simple problem, you must be an idiot" attitude.
I entered the activation code they gave me and it didn't work, the GPS was pulling wrong device ID from the radio's software and wouldn't recognize the activation code.
They're response "you must have entered it wrong". Really!!! I entered it wrong a dozen times? They said I'll just have to ship it to them to get it fixed. I don't think so.
I called Crutchfield's awesome customer support. Even though I was outside of they're 60 day return policy, they agreed to replace the unit. They even gave me another 2 weeks to figure out what I want to do. I told them I do not want another Jensen 'cause I don't want to have to deal with Jensen if something happens two years from now. Crutchfield said I can get whatever I want and pay the difference or they'll refund the difference, can't beat that.
So I upgraded and got the JVC KW-NT50HDT.
Pros: Good value, performs as advertised
Cons: Jensen's Tech support
Good value for money but...
2007 Honda Pilot
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I replaced my 2007 Honda Pilot's in-dash 6 CD changer with this since it didn't have MP3 playing capability, was missing Navigation and didn't have bluetooth.
This unit serves both my needs and does have many more features that are not available in comparably priced products. It has USB, 2 AV ports, built-in SD card slot, additional rear camera input plus support for 2 rear monitors. Out of the box this is just overwhelming. I like everything that I have played so far. The only reason for 3 stars because:
1. The UI is not very intuitive especially the Navigation part of it.
2. The screen's display is not bright enough. Especially since my unit is mounted high in the dash and does not have a indented/hooded "nook", the screen is very difficult see.
3. Lastly, the display is not very customizable/configurable. I have owned a Pioneer AVIC unit before and that too was based on Windows CE but it had many "theme/color palette" options. While this may appear a very trivial requirement, I think if they had allowed these settings, it would have helped overcome some of the screen brightness issues by selecting high-contrast themes/colors.
All in all, it is decent upgrade from the original factory unit.
Good for the price...
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The short... Good unit. Especially for the price.
- Navigation isn't that intuitive. While the text to speech is nice the voice isn't clear. The voice actually sounds like someone recovering from laryngitis. - Boot up time on the unit is very fast. Audio from FM will start playing about three seconds after power up. Unit appears to be fully operational in about 10 seconds. Great!!! - FM sensitivity is awesome. Picks up twice as many stations as the OEM unit I took out. - Audio quality is pretty good. A definate improvement over OEM unit also. - Wiring is a mess. Like all modern DVD, GPS, media receivers there is a mountain of wiring coming to/from the unit. I'd like to see a single umbilical cord about six feet long that you can run somewhere else to the car to make all the AV, GPS, XM, etc... connections. Trying to cram them in the dash behind the radio is a PAIN! - Screen dimming doesn't work very well. Unit is hard to see during the day and way too bright at night. - Overall the unit is fairly simple to operate. Bluetooth works well with clear audio. Easy to pair.
Follow up - July 23, 2011
Have had this unit for a few weeks now and giving an update. Overall the unit works fairly well but there are some areas for improvement.
1) The navigation system still isn't that intuitive evern after using it a few weeks. Saving favorites is a little bit of a pain. Speech to text is starting to get on my nerves. Had to turn it off completely. Part of the audio gets clipped when it starts a sentence, volume for the speech varies wildly and the general quality of the speech if VERY bad.
2) Shuffle system for playing music from USB or SD card is flawed also. Shuffle only shuffles songs in a particular folder. Only when the entire folder is played will it randomly select another folder. Then shuffle the songs in that folder. Sometimes you want it to shuffle ALL songs regardless of structure. In the event your sort your music by artist or album like most people then you'll find the shuffle system very annoying.
3) FM tuner. While the FM section works fine with good sensitivy and decent separation the actual usage screen is a little off. The unit only has 6 presets per FM mode (FM1, FM2, FM3). It will show 1-5 on the main screen and you have to select a down arrorw to get to number 6. Why not just put number 6 where the arror is? DUH!!!!! There is also an arrow to activate a flyout menu. This menu comes out over unused space. Why not leave these functions activea ll the time?
What's in the box?
- Multimedia/Navigation receiver with integrated monitor (with 2 transport screws installed)
- Sleeve (installed)
- 2 Trim rings
- Wiring harness (has in-line noise filter and 15A fuse)
- AUX input harness
- Preamp/AV output harness
- Wireless remote control (with CR2025 battery installed)
- MediaLink module
- GPS antenna with magnetic base and attached 16.5' cable
- 5' AV minijack cable
- 8.25' Parking brake light detection wire (pink)
- External microphone (with attached 9.75' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Visor-mount bracket (small/large)
- Self-adhesive bracket
- 6.625" Mounting back strap
- Rear support stud
- Rubber bushing
- Large self-tapping screw
- 2 Small self-tapping screws
- 4 Flat-head machine screws
- 4 Pan-head machine screws
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Self-adhesive velcro
- Operating Instructions
- Installation Guide
- Limited Warranty sheet
- "STOP" note
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||13 watts|
|Peak Output||40 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|AUX Input||Front AV|
|Memory Card Slot||USB Memory, SD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
2-DIN Chassis: The Jensen VM9424BT has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve.
Note: As always, please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to verify fit with your vehicle.
6.2" Touchscreen Display: The Jensen VM9424BT features a fixed 6.2" wide, 16:9 touchscreen display with a TFT active matrix system. The screen has a resolution of 1440 (H) x 234 (V) with 336,960 total pixels. This unit has touch screen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier because there is no panel to slide or fold-down.
Aspect Ratio: You can choose from the following aspect ratio modes for the unit's integrated monitor:
- Full: The entire screen is extended horizontally to the aspect ratio of 16:9.
- Normal: The conventional display image has a 4:3 aspect ratio of horizontal to vertical, leaving a blank area on the right and left sides of the display.
Dimmer: You can adjust the picture's brightness manually, or set the display to automatically dim when ambient light is low.
PRK SW: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the supplied pink wire must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged. The pink parking brake wire is used to connect to your parking brake light wire (video on the LCD monitor can only be displayed when this unit's pink PRK SW wire senses that the parking brake has been engaged in the vehicle).
Hard-Key Controls: In addition to the unit's LCD touch-panel controls, the VM9424BT also features hard-key controls on the left edge of the screen. The unit offers a rotary volume control, source button, NAV button, and eject button.
12 or 24 Hour Clock: You can set the unit to display a 12 or 24 hour clock.
Anti-Theft Feature: The VM9424BT is equipped with an anti-theft feature requiring you to enter a 6-digit password upon initial power-on.
Horizon NavMate Navigation System: The Jensen VM9424BT features a built-in navigation system to lead you straight to your desired destination. It's easy-to-use and intuitive interface lets you plan your trip to suit your personal preferences and interests, find and save (bookmark) interesting destinations before you begin your trip, and navigate your route.
GPS (Global Positioning System): The VM9424BT uses a vehicle GPS-based navigation device which utilizes digital map data to guide you from your selected location (A) to your desired destination (B), using information obtained from a Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS).
Note: The initial GPS location lock is best established when your vehicle is in park. If the device is in motion, the signal can take longer to initially connect. Once the initial coordinates are established, the navigation software will follow you as you move and navigate.
Tele Atlas Map Data: The navigation map data covers the continental US, Alaska, and Hawaii.
Visual & Audible Commands: The built-in navigation software will guide you along the shortest or quickest route from point-A to point-B using an on-screen map and voice commands. You can choose between a male or female voice (English only).
Map Screen: During navigation the Map Screen display your route (in yellow) and your surroundings. A red/blue arrow indentifies your current position. The upcoming maneuver is visualized in the upper left corner, along with the distance and approximate time before that turn. When you come up to a turn, you will hear a voice command at the appropriate time.
2D/3D Map: You can changes the perspective of the map from 2D North-Up (displays the map in 2 dimensions with North at the top), 2D Track-Up (displays the map in 2 dimensions with your direction of travel at the top of the screen), 3D Track-Up (displays the map in 3 dimensions with your direction of travel at the top of screen). You can also choose a split-screen which displays both a 2D and 3D map side-by-side.
Color Modes: Select between Day (for a bright background), Night (for a dark background) or Auto (to automatically switch between the two).
Look Ahead Feature: The integrated NavMate software offers a convenient interactive look-ahead search function to prevent misspelling when entering in a destination using the units touchscreen keyboard. Only keys that lead to a search result can be pressed, while all other are grayed out.
Destination Search: The Jensen VM9424BT offers the following destination search modes.
- Home: Allows you to save your home address, so you can quickly navigate to your house from anywhere.
- Office: Allows you to save your office address, so you can navigate back to it quickly.
- Address: Allows you to enter an address (street, city, zip-code) as a destination.
- Intersection: You can select to navigate to where to roads intersect.
- Coordinates: Route to a destination by directly entering latitude and longitude values.
- POI: Allows you to select from a points-of-interest directory (over 10 million) for your destination. You can quickly find POIs such as gas stations, restaurants, hotels, banks, movie theaters, etc. You can even create your own POI category. These places can be near your current position or near a selected State.
- Favorites (Address Book): You can save your favorite destinations and addresses, so you can quickly access them.
- Recent History: Previous destinations (up to 15) are automatically saved to memory (History). This feature helps you quickly locate the address and return to a previous destination.
- Browse: Or, you can simply browse the map and press a spot on the map to navigate to.
Route Preferences: You can determine how the unit's built-in navigation software will calculate your route by setting the following preferences.
- Shortest Time: Calculate route based on the fastest time.
- Avoid Freeway: Try not to use highways when calculating routes.
- Avoid Tolls: Do not use toll roads when calculating routes.
- Use Ferries: Use ferry travel when calculating routes.
Simulation: This function lets you preview the route that has been calculated for your destination.
Intersection Zoom: As you approach an intersection, the map will automatically zoom in to show a close-up view of the roads near the intersection point on the right side of the screen.
Auto Reroute: If you intentionally or accidentally leave the current route, the NavMate software will automatically recalculate the route and prompt you to get back on track to your destination.
Turn-by-Turn List: While navigating, you can view a turn-by-turn list of upcoming maneuvers.
Detour: If you are unable to complete the route as calculated, you can add a Detour to the route that will allow you t stay on track to your destination.
Trip Computer: The Trip Computer provides information about your vehicle speed, trip related timing, elevation, odometer, and clock readings.
Trail Book: The Trail Book feature allows you to create a path using map points when navigation data is not available.
Trip Book: The Trip Book is a collection of trips, with each trip representing a set of multiple destinations.
D/A Converter: The VM9424BT is equipped with a high-performance 24-bit, 192kHz digital-to-analog converter with a multi-bit Sigma-Delta modulator.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the VM9424BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the VM9424BT are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs:13 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 40 watts x 4 channels (160 watts total)
5-Channel Audio Preamp Outputs: This unit has five audio preamp outputs (stereo Front, stereo Rear, and mono Sub). In addition, the subwoofer preamp output has an adjustable low pass crossover (80/100/120/140/160Hz), and level adjustment (-7 to +7)
Start Volume: You can set the head unit to turn-on to the last volume level adjustment when turned off, or turn-on to a pre-defined volume level every time you power up the radio.
Preset EQ: Preset EQ curves are stored into memory, allowing you to recall the best setting for different types of music. You may choose from the following presets: Jazz, Pop, Classical, Rock, News, Urban, Rave, Movie, Techno, Flat, or User.
3-Band EQ: In the User EQ mode, you are able to manually adjust the head unit's Bass, Midrange, and Treble. You can also choose the center frequency to be adjusted.
|Bass||60, 80, 100, or 120 Hz||-12 to +12 dB|
|Midrange||0.5, 1, 1.5, or 2.5 kHz|
|Treble||8, 10, 12.5, or15 kHz|
Note: The Bass Q-Factor can be adjusted to Wide 1, Wide 2, Narrow 1, or Narrow 2.
Source Level: You can increase the relative volume (-7 to +7) of the unit's source inputs to match the external source's output level. The Source Level can be used for the VM9424BT's Radio, Disc, USB, SD, iPod, Auxiliary, Navigation, or Bluetooth (optional).
Beep Tones: An audible beep tone confirms each function selection. The beep tone can be disabled/enabled in the Setup Menu.
Heat Management: The unit has a heat management system which incorporates forced-air cooling to keep the chip-sets operating at nominal temperatures for reliable operation and sound quality.
AM/FM Tuner: The head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, preset, and direct tuning.
Preset Tuning: The unit features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands with the capability of storing 6 presets for each band giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (30 total). You can also automatically store the six strongest stations in your area inside the current selected band.
Preset Scan: In addition, the tuner features a Preset Scan function which allows you to preview your stored preset stations in the selected band.
Direct Tuning: The built-in AM/FM tuner also allows direct frequency tuning through the unit's touch-screen panel or supplied wireless remote control.
Local Seek: The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played.
European Tuning: The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio connect the optional CNP2000UCA XM Tuner and the CNP-JEN1 Jensen adapter cable (package item number 700XMJEN2, sold separately).
Disc Compatibility: The VM9424BT is compatible with the following discs:
- DVD: DVD Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+RW DL
- VCD: Video CD, Super Video CD
- CD: Audio CD (CD-DA), CD-R, CD-RW
- Compressed Files: MP3, WMA, JPEG, MPEG 1/2
Note: 8 cm discs should not be used in this unit.
MP3/WMA Playback: The VM9424BT can play MP3/WMA files with ID3 Tag capability that have been recorded on CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW discs. The files must be recorded in ISO 9660 or Joliet formats. The recommended bit rate is 128 kbps and sample frequency of 48 kHz. Up to 1500 songs/files can be supported from a compatible disc. This unit will only recognize 3 folder levels.
JPEG Playback: The unit supports playback of JPEG still images recorded on CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW discs. You can view a thumbnail display of available images as well as rotate a selected image 360-degrees in 90-degree increments.
SD Card Slot: The Jensen VM9424BT is equipped with a front-panel SD-card slot. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA (128kbps) audio files recorded on SD/SDHC memory cards up to 8GB. It will also playback JPEG still images stored on an SD/SDHC card. Up to 1500 songs/files can be supported from a compatible disc. This unit will only recognize 3 folder levels.
Note: SD/SDHC-memory cards larger than 8GB are not supported.
DVD Touch-Screen Controls: While playing a DVD you can press the screen to access disc information and playback functions. The following are some of the playback controls that are displayed when the bottom of the screen is pressed while viewing a DVD disc.
- Fast Forward/Fast Reverse: When playing a DVD, there are four fast-play speeds in both directions: 2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x.
- Repeat Play: When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current chapter or title.
- A-B Repeat: A-B Repeat allows you to repeat any portion of a DVD.
- Direct Search: During DVD you can use the numeric keypad on the remote control or on the touch-screen display to access a chapter directly.
Note: When playing a Video CD, the repeat function is not available. For MP3/WMA, you can repeat the current file.
Random Play: When playing a CD disc, you can play the tracks or files in random order.
Intro Scan: During CD-audio playback you can play the first 10 seconds of each track or file.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Zoom: When playing DVDs and Video CDs, you can enlarge the picture using the zoom feature. You can choose one of four zoom settings.
Parental Lock: The DVD system has a built-in Parental Lock feature to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing restricted disc content. By default, the rating system is unlocked. You can choose from 8 different levels of Parental Lock. Once setup, the parental lock is released only by entering the user 4-digit password.
Off Eject: You can eject a disc with the unit powered off. You cannot insert a disc with the head unit powered off.
Mounting: For proper operation of the CD/DVD player, the chassis must be mounted with 30-degrees of horizontal.
MediaLink Module: The Jensen VM9424BT utilizes a separate MediaLink module for easy connection and disconnection of your iPod, portable A/V equipment, or other portable MP3 player. The MediaLink features an AV 3.5mm minijack and a USB type-A port. The MediaLink uses an attached 5' AV/USB cable that plugs into the rear chassis of the VM9424BT, which allows the MediaLink module to be installed under the dash or in other various locations to make hooking-up and unhooking your portable A/V equipment much easier. Dimensions: W = 2.375", H = 0.8125", D = 3.0"
Audio/Video Input: The included MediaLink features a 3.5mm AV input for connecting a portable audio/video device such as a portable digital media player.
USB Port: The Jensen VM9424BT's MediaLink module features a USB type-A port for playback of MP3 (128kbps) and WMA (128kbps) audio files recorded in FAT 16 or FAT32 on a connected USB flash memory device, as well as USB portable hard drives formatted to FAT 32. The head unit also support JPEG still image playback via USB. Up to 1500 songs/files can be recognized from one USB mass storage device (it will only recognize 3 folder levels). The VM9424BTHD will also display ID3 tag information.
iPod Control: The optional jLink-USB cable ( 110JLINUSB, sold separately) allows you to connect select iPods or iPhones to this unit through the head unit's included MediaLink module (using both the USB port and AV 3.5mm input). Once an iPod/iPhone is connected, you can playback audio/video content from your iPod/iPhone on the VM9424BT. The Jensen head unit will also display text information such as song, track or artist name from your connected iPod. You can directly control audio/video functions of your iPod from the head unit's touchscreen or supplied IR remote. During audio playback of your iPod/iPhone, the click-wheel and touch-screen controls will be locked. Your iPod/iPhone is also charged when it is connected to the head unit. If you only require iPod/iPHone audio playback, you can simply connect your iPod/iPhone to the VM9424BT via the USB/Dock connector cable that came with your iPod/iPhone. The Jensen VM9424BT and optional jLink-USB cable are "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and support the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of November 2011):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until a newer software update is available.
iPod/iPhone Photo Playback: Your iPod's clickwheel or touchscreen is locked during music and video playback. However, to view photos, you will need to use your iPod's clickwheel or touchscreen to control playback.
iPod Video Playback: The VM9424BT does not support video playback from the iPod video (5th gen) when used with the jLink-USB cable. Instead the head unit requires an AV minijack connection for video playback of your iPod video (5th gen), which offers no information display, control, or charging.
Dual Video Outs: Dual rear-panel RCA composite video-output jacks allow you add external monitors such as rear headrest monitors (sold separately).
Multi-zone Audio Outputs: The VM9424BT is equipped with a pair of stereo RCA outputs which can be used in conjunction with the dual video outputs for dual zone playback. The unit will only play the DVD/CD source for Zone 2.
AV Input: The Jensen VM9424BT features a front-panel 3.5mm AV input for easy connection of your portable MP3 player.
Rear View Camera Input: The VM9424BT features a composite video input and a green/white wire lead attached to the harness for connection of a rear view camera. If a rear-view video camera is connected, the unit is on, and the TFT monitor is retracted inside the unit, the TFT monitor automatically moves into the viewing position and Camera modes is selected upon shifting into Reverse gear. When shifting into Drive gear, the TFT monitor is retracted back inside the unit. If the monitor is already in a viewing position and in display mode, the monitor automatically switches to Camera mode upon shifting into Reverse. When the reverse driving stops, the monitor returns to its original input display mode. You can choose for the monitor to display a Mirror mode image or a Normal mode image from the rear-view camera.
Bluetooth Communication: The Jensen VM9424BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, providing hands-free communication and audio streaming for added convenience and safety.
Bluetooth Technology: Bluetooth is a short-range wireless radio connectivity technology that is developed as a cable replacement for mobile phones, and other handheld devices. Bluetooth operates in 2.4 GHz frequency range and transmits voice and data at speeds up to 1 megabit-per-second.
Pairing: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the VM9424BT.
Note: Not all Bluetooth enabled devices will be compatible.
Hands Free Profile (HFP/PBAP): The Jensen VM9424BT allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. The VM9424BT includes an external microphone and lets you dial out, and answer incoming calls.
- External Microphone: The VM9424BT includes an external microphone to speak into during your phone conversation, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers. The microphone features a visor-clip to mount the unit to your vehicle's sun-visor. The visor-clip can be removed and the microphone an be mounted to your dash using the supplied self-adhesive bracket.
- Answering Calls: You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the VM9224's integrated monitor.
- Dialing Calls: You can enter a phone number using the touchscreen keypad, from your downloaded phonebook, or from a call history list (up to 10).
Bluetooth Audio (A2DP/AVRCP): The Jensen VM9424BT also allows you to play back audio files from your Bluetooth enabled phone, PDA, or personal music player using a Bluetooth connection. You can control the music stored on your Bluetooth audio player from the VM9424BT.
Remote Control: The VM9424BT also comes supplied with a 40-Key, full-function, infrared wireless remote control.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit to allow you to keep your vehicle's radio steering wheel remote controls when used with the optional PAC SWI-PS Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter ( 127SWIPS, sold separately); or the optional Metra ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter ( 120ASWC, sold separately).
Note: Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.