Watch a product demo
Item #: 110VM9726B
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $499.99
A stellar navigation value
Jensen's VM9726BT navigation receiver offers a full suite of in-dash delights at a very compelling price. You'll have a 6.2" high-gloss touchsreen at your command, plus control over your audio and video sources from the driver's seat. Hands-free calling and music streaming? Yep, that too. And with this Jensen leading the way, you won't have to worry about getting lost either.
Take your vehicle on an adventure: you'll have detailed maps of the entire U.S. and Puerto Rico at your disposal, and you can hear the Jensen's spoken turn-by-turn directions in your choice of three languages. Certain areas will be shown with 3D graphics for buildings, landmarks, elevated roads, and terrain, very helpful when you're trying to orient yourself. Lane guidance will keep you on the right path for your next maneuver, and you'll be able to see realistic depictions of some intersections to make them easier to get through. You'll also be able to search through the preloaded points of interest to find your next respite from the road.
Bluetooth® by Parrot
The VM9726BT offers Bluetooth connectivity by Parrot, a leader in the Bluetooth field. You'll be able to take and make calls using your compatible phone through the stereo, so you can keep your hands on the wheel when talking. The stereo includes an external microphone so your callers will be able to hear you clearly. Built-in A2DP technology allows you to stream music from your smartphone through this Jensen.
Take it all in
Front and rear audio/video inputs provide convenient connection possibilities for your portable audio player, a camcorder, or other video sources. With Jensen's optional jLinkUSB cable, you can even watch video from your iPod®. You can check out a DVD on the receiver's screen when you're parked, or send movies to a rear video console to keep your passengers entertained when you're on the road. You'll also find an input for an optional rear-view camera, a big safety plus.
Feast your ears, too
You've got lots of options when you're ready for some tunes. The VM9726BT will play just about any kind of disc, while front and rear USB inputs support your thumb drive, iPod, or iPhone. Digital music lovers will enjoy the front-panel SD card slot, too. And you can enjoy browsing your Pandora® stations from the touchscreen when your iPhone is connected, too. Use the 3-band equalizer to dial in the sound you prefer, or keep it simple by selecting one of the eight preset EQ curves. You can also add SiriusXM satellite radio programming with your paid subscription and an optional tuner.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Jensen stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the receiver, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility.
- DVD/CD receiver with 6.2" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- internal amp (13 watts RMS CEA-2006/40 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- maps of United States and Puerto Rico, plus 11 million points of interest
- text-to-speech announces actual street names at turns
- lane guidance and junction view
- 3D representations of landmarks, buildings, elevated roads, and terrain
- iPhone: Pandora control through USB connection
- Android: Pandora control through Bluetooth
- iPod/iPhone direct control via USB input — Jensen jLinkUSB cable required for viewing video content
- plays audio/video content from CDs, DVDs, SD cards, and USB memory devices (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- 3-band EQ with 8 preset tone curves
- compatible with SXV200 SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front and rear A/V inputs, front and rear USB inputs, front SD card input , rear-view camera input
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, mono sub), video output
Why install a car stereo with built-in GPS?
Imagine taking a trip as your car's receiver gives you directions, finds the best restaurant for dinner, and plays movies for your back seat denizens. Navigation receivers cover all the bases, with GPS guidance, DVD playback, and a host of other useful features. You can search through millions of points of interest to locate gas stations, restaurants, museums, and other interesting spots, wherever you are. Most receivers offer Bluetooth capability for hands-free calling, along with the ability to search through your iPod playlists with touchscreen controls.
Jensen VM9726BT Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Great performance and value!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Overall, I am impressed with the Jenson VM9726BT! Given all the features and so far flawless performance I would expect the price to be much more. The navigation is extremely accurate. The maps and guidance provided are very good and make navigating around simple. The sound is very good for a system in this price range. I did quite a bit of research before deciding to buy the Jenson VM9726BT and I am glad I did. I installed it in my 2005 Grand Cherokee to replace the factory navigation after the screen went black and the unit start to malfunction. This is by far much better than the factory navigation unit in every aspect and gave me many more features at a much lower price than if I bought a new or used factory system. I would recommend buying this system if you are looking for a great, feature packed system that won't break the bank.
Pros: Great sound, great navigation, great ability to customize, great features for the cost.
2011 Toyota Tacoma
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great unit, sound great and has more features than I expected.
Pros: Navigation, big screen
Great unit for the price!
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I retired a few months ago, and bought an '06 Chevy Silverado and a 5th wheel to travel for a while. The truck came with a Bose sound system and a stock 6-disc CD player/Sirius/OnStar/AM/FM/Bluetooth. The disc player didn't work right, and there was no provision for plugging in a flash drive or SD chips to listen to my music collection. I elected to go with this particular unit because it gave me a navigation system, which I figure may come in handy - searching to find where you want to go can be a bear when dragging a trailer. This unit also gives me both a USB port and a slot to plug in SDHC chips on the front of the unit, which I wanted. It sounds even better than the stock radio did too, which I was surprised at - I thought the stock unit sounded great. The main complaints I have are 1) Sometimes when I start the truck, I have to shut off the radio and turn it back on to get it to load correctly, and 2) Whether using a CD, a flash drive in the USB port or an SD card, it displays the name of the song and the name of the artist, but does not display the name of the album itself. However, when you select List, and look for the list of all the albums on the flash drive or SD card, the album titles are displayed there just fine, and 3) You must use the supplied mic for the Bluetooth to work. Overall, I love the unit. It sounds great and is a very handsome, versatile unit with every capability I wanted and then some. It was a serious chore installing it, though.
Pros: Clean appearance, great functionality, easy to use and accepts all the input sources I will ever need.
Cons: Doesn't display album title info on the song detail screens - just says 'Unknown'. Doesn't always power up correctly, so sometimes you have to power it off and back on. Then it seems to work fine. My truck is equipped with a mic for the Bluetooth feature the stock radio had. This unit does not work through the factory mic, so in order to use the Bluetooth feature on this unit, you MUST use the supplied mic and route it as needed.
Good unit for the money
2013 Mazda MX5
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Good unit. GPS is very functional and easy to learn, and it has the option to add SIRIUS/XM later if I wish. I installed in a 2013 Miata and with the free hardware and kit from Crutchfield it looks factory like Mazda should have done.
Pros: Able to change lighting colors to match car. SIRIUS adaptable. Simple install.
Cons: GPS sometimes takes 3-5 minutes to lock on to the satellites. On Bluetooth my Samsung Galaxy phonebook will not download.
2004 GMC Sierra 2500/3500
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great unit. Easy install with minimal wiring. Simple touch screen controls with a seperate button to activate nav system. Enough inputs for everything.
Pros: Alot for the price.
Cons: sometimes have to double tap the screen.
Good Value and Product
2007 Toyota Tundra
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I ordered this for my 2007 Tundra. As expected Crutchfield provided all necessary documents to make the install as easy as possible. This unit has some really nice features such as a very modern Navigation system, SDHC support for Music files, touch screen, etc. There are a few quirks but they are minimal. As an example, if you are using the SDHC be aware this must be written to from a PC (not Mac). If you want to use a Mac to write field you need to buy $1.00 App (from Apple Store) that will remove .files and then eject. Don't think this is an iPad with respect to gesturing. It's not bad but could be better. Small annoyances are things like when you select shuffle in music that it doesn't remember this the next time. Again these are all minor complaints, I'm very satisfied with this product. This unit has everyone output possible if you are interfacing to external amps. I installed GPS antenna on top of dash at the bottom/middle of the windshield. Works fine.
Pros: Overall great product. Tons of features. Easy to use and install.
Cons: Minor usability issues stated in review
Good for the money
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
For the money this is a good navigation unit. With a firmware update it could be a great HU, but is let down by the user interface in a couple of places. It has a number of input choices including radio, Sirius (requires a separate tuner), SD card, DVD, a couple of AV in, Front-USB & a rear USB port. I don't have the sirius tuner, or any av devices connected, but there is no way to hide the inputs, or remove them from the toggle list. Some of the inputs are on a second page, which requires a swipe gesture to get to, that doesn't work reliably as it too often treats it as a tap. SD Card - its can play mp3's off an SD card, only supports 3 folders deep and limited file formats. It seems to play M4A but doesn't show artist/title details. Those do show for MP3's. There is no album cover support for non-ipod sources. USB - can be used for a USB key with the same limitations as SD cards, or with an iPod/iPhone. Using it with my iPhone 5, it works well with the iOS Music app, and will control tracks, playlists etc. ITunes radio stations are treated as playlists. Bluetooth works well, people can hear me even though its a soft top jeep. Can stream and control, but no track info. Navigation works well. Updatable on PC. Src button toggles between inputs (round robin). Nav button to/from nav back to audio. Jensen website is wrong when it says it has push to talk support for Siri.
Pros: Price. More inputs than you can shake a stick at. Rear USB so you don't need a cable sticking out of the dash. UI is not too flashy, cheesy, and doesn't look like a Comcast box (Jeep I'm looking at you). Maps are up to date, and reasonably priced to upgrade. Real volume dial on the front.
Cons: No configurability of home screen for inputs. Toggle takes you through all of them. No track info via BT streaming. USB MP3 could be better. Seems to be some support for SWI customization, but no info in the manual, and not obvious how to use. Inconsistencies between manual and product.
What's in the box?
- Navigation receiver w/ integrated 6.2" touchscreen monitor (15A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Trim ring
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- AV/Preamp harness
- Parking brake/reverse/SWC harness
- Rear video out harness
- GPS antenna (w/ attached 16' cable)
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V lithium battery
- Microphone (w/ attached 7.75' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip (installed on mic)
- Self-adhesive mount
- Rear support stud
- Rubber bushing
- Self-tapping screw
- Hex-head screw
- 6 Pan-head iso-mount machine screws
- Metal backstrap
- Operating Instructions
- Installation Guide
- "STOP" sheet
- Limited Warranty information
- Jensen logo sticker
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||13 watts|
|Peak Output||40 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|AUX Input||Mini (front)|
|Audio/video Input||Front and Rear|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
6.2" Touchscreen Display: The Jensen VM9726BT features a fixed 6.2" widescreen touchscreen LCD monitor. The screen has a resolution of 800 RGB x 234 with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. The Jensen VM9726BT offers a variety of display adjustments to customize the display.
- Aspect Ratio: You can choose from the following aspect ratio modes for the unit's integrated monitor; Full (the entire screen is extended horizontally to the aspect ratio of 16:9) or Normal (the conventional display image has a 4:3 aspect ratio of horizontal to vertical, leaving a blank area on the right and left sides of the display).
- Selectable Backgrounds: You can select from eight background wallpapers (Animation Star, Blue Haze, Engine Button, Animation Machine, Animation Wave, Green Cubes, Red Swirl, or Tribal).
- Picture Adjustments: You can adjust the picture's brightness & contrasts manually between -10 and +10.
- Dimmer: You can adjust the picture's brightness manually (Night/Dark/Normal/Bright), or set the display to automatically dim when ambient light is low (Auto). The LCD monitor can be set to blank after 10 or 20 seconds of inactivity. Simply touch the screen to view the display.
Start Up Time: The Jensen VM9726BT has a start up time of approximately 12.4 seconds from Off to an audio/video source screen; and another 10.3 seconds to the map screen for a total start up time of approximately 22.7 seconds from Off to the navigation map screen.
Parking Brake Detection: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the head unit's pink wire must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
2-DIN Chassis: The Jensen VM9726BT has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double-DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets. There is no mounting-sleeve for Euro-mount vehicles. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Hard-Key Controls w/ Adjustable Illumination: In addition to the unit's LCD touchscreen controls, the VM9726BT also features hard-key controls on the left edge of the screen (including a 3-way rotary audio control). You can adjust the front-panel's button illumination between 5 Preset colors (Aqua, Red, Blue, Amber, or Green) or a Custom color (RGB colors).
Navigation Mapping Software: The integrated map database (by TeleAtlas) used by the Jensen VM9726BT was created using high-resolution aerial and land based data collection. Navigation data is stored on the unit's preloaded 4GB microSD-card for quick access and response. The VM9726BT provides map coverage of the United States (all 50 states) and Puerto Rico. The Jensen VM9726BT's integrated iGo Primo navigation software provides turn-by-turn visual and voice assistance to direct you to your selected destination. The built-in software quickly calculates step-by-step directions to any destination available on the included navigation map.
Note: Car navigation maps are frequently updated. While this database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release, a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Map Updates: It is easy to keep the navigation system up to date. Simply purchased & download new map data from the naviextras.com online portal, store the updated map data on a microSD card, and insert it into the Jensen VM9726BT via the front-panel microSD card slot. You have 90 days from purchase to download the latest available map free of charge.
GPS (Global Position System): Jensen's built-in navigation helps you find your way to your destination with an integrated GPS receiver & external GPS antenna. The Jensen VM9726BT features a built-in SiRF GPS receiver and includes an external magnetic GPS antenna. The VM9726BT uses Global Position System (GPS) satellites, and a digital roadway map database to calculate and display vehicle positioning and travel direction. The VM9726BT considers vehicle speed an heading changes, together with longitude and latitude information, to accurately determine vehicle heading and position on a digital map. Signal from GPS satellites are used to determine the vehicle location. Three (good) or four (best) satellites must be receive to accurately determine location. This unit does not transmit your GPS position, so others cannot track you.
On-Screen Map: The unit's on-screen map shows your vehicle's current position (a blue arrow by default), the recommended route (an orange line), the surrounding map area, and your destination as a checkered flag. The on-screen map shows streets, roads, and highways in a way that is similar to how a paper road map show them. A road's width and colors corresponds to their importance, so you can easily tell a freeway from a small street. When navigating a route, the top section of the map screen shows information about your next route maneuver and the next street or the next city/town. When approaching a turn, the map screen will zoom in and raise the view angle to let you easily recognize your maneuver at the next junction. If the next turn is at a distance, it will zoom out and lower the view angle to be flat so you can see the road in front of you. The map also displays data; such as the posted speed limit, your current speed, current time, distance to your destination, time left before you reach your destination, and your arrival time.
- 2D/3D Map Mode: The Jensen VM9726BT allows you to view its on-screen map in a 2D (two-dimensional) or 3D (three-dimensional) view. Similar to paper road maps, the 2D mode, shows you streets, roads, and elevation by color. In 3D mode, you can see the altitude and elevations differences. You can distinguish between valleys, mountains, and elevated roads. In selected cities 3D landmarks and 3D buildings are also displayed.
- Color Mode: The navigation map screen uses different color themes (Day/Night) during the day and during the night for both the map and the menu screen. Daytime colors are similar to paper road maps, and the menus are bright. The nigh color themes use dark colors for large objects to keep the average brightness of the screen low. You can also set the navigation unit to switch between daytime and night color modes automatically based on the current time and GPS position.
Lane Information & Signposts: The Jensen VM9726BT's navigation map offers helpful lane information & signpost guidance.
- Lane Information: When navigation on multilane roads, it is important to take the appropriate lane in order to follow the recommended route. If lane information is available in the map data, the map screen will display the lanes and their directions using small arrows at the bottom of the map. High lighted arrows represent the lanes you need to take.
- Signposts: Where additional information is available, signposts substitute arrows. Signposts are displayed at the top of the map. The color and style of the signposts are similar to the real ones you can see above the road or by the roadside, They show the available destinations and the number of the road the lane leads to.
- Junction View: If you are approaching a freeway exit or a complex intersection and the needed information exists, the map is replaced with a 3D view of the junction. The lanes you need to take are displayed with arrows. Signposts can also be present, if information is available.
- Tunnel View: When entering a tunnel, the map is replaced with a generic tunnel image so that surface roads and buildings cannot distract you.
Audible Alerts: The Jensen VM9726BT offers various audible alerts and functions to help you get to your destination safely.
- Voice Guidance (Text-to-Speech): In addition to graphic directions, the VM9726BT provides voice guidance and turn-by-turn directions. You can select from English, French, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese audible languages. The volume of the voice prompts can be increased with increases in speed to overcome road noise. Voice guidance can be turned off if you prefer.
- Safety Alert: This function can warn you when you approach road safety cameras, school zones, or railroad crossings (if available). You can also add your own alert points. Beeps or the spoken type of alert will be heard when you are approaching of these points.
- Speed Limit Warning: Some maps may contain information about the speed limits of certain road segments. The VM9726BT provides an audible warning if you exceed the recommended speed limit.
Note: While navigating, other sources may be selected and listened to; such as AM/FM Tuner, CD, USB, iPod, & Bluetooth. The unit will mute the audio of the other source during navigation voice-prompts.
Where Am I?: This screen contains information about the current position (or approximately the last known position if GPS reception is not available) and a button to search for POIs nearby.
Find Menu: The Find Menu gives you many different ways to choose your destination or insert a waypoint in your current route. An on-screen keyboard appears to allow you to enter your destination from one of the following categories:
|Find on Map||Search for a destination by scrolling the map display.|
|Home||Store and easily recall your home address.|
|Find Address||Enter full/partial address, or Search for a city (central location), or Search for the intersection of two roads.|
|Find Places||Search for over 11,000,000 points-of-interest (POIs) by name, phone #, or category; search near your current location, in a specific city, along your current route, or near your destination.|
|Favorites||Store your favorite locations for easy recall.|
|History||Destinations that you have set previously|
|Coordinates||Enter geographic coordinates (latitude & longitude).|
|Waypoints||You can add intermediate destinations along your main route.|
Route Calculation: The Jensen VM9726BT calculates your route based on your Vehicle Type, Route Method, and Avoidances.
- Vehicle Type: You select what type of vehicle you are driving, so the navigation unit can determine the best route based on your vehicle type (Car, Truck, Emergency, Bus, or Taxi).
- Route Method: You can choose which route method
(Fastest, Shortest, Green, Economical, or Easy) the navigation unit should
use when calculating your route.
- Fastest: give a quick route, if you can travel at or near the speed limit on all roads. Usually the best section for fast and normal cars
- Shortest: gives a route that has the smallest total distance of all possible routes. It can be practical for slow vehicles
- Green: gives a quick, but full efficient route based on the fuel consumption data you provide
- Easy: results in a route with fewer turns and no difficult maneuvers
- Avoidances: You can tell the navigation unit to avoid certain types of roads along your calculated route, such as - Highways, Tolls, Carpool/HOV, Unpaved Roads, and/or Ferries.
Quick Menu: The Quick menu is a selection of controls and functions that are frequently needed during navigation. It can be directly opened from the map screen.
Route Preview: The navigation head unit lets you preview your route's turn-by-turn instructions and simulate travel along that projected route.
Trip Monitor: The Trip Monitor contains useful information about your trip. This information can be saved manually when you reach your destination or automatically along your route. Trip log data includes; Start/End Time, Avg./Max. Speed, Total/Driving/Stopped Time, Total Distance, and Min./Max. Altitude.
Automatic Route Recalculation: The unit will automatically recalculate your route if you stray from the navigation unit's previously calculated route.
Bluetooth Technology (Powered by Parrot): The Jensen VM9726BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (powered by Parrot), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. Parrot is a global leader in wireless Bluetooth device communication and innovation. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the VM9726BT. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the VM9726BT.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ external mic): The VM9726BT supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen and carry on a phone conversation hands-free. An external microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person. You can make a call by entering the phone number, selecting a contact from your Phonebook list, or using the Call History Log of received/dialed/missed calls.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls. You can also set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call within 5 seconds.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Jensen
in-dash head unit's front-panel controls.
- Direct Dial: Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers (0-9, *, #) directly via the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phonebook: You can search for contact names in your mobile phone's phonebook from the Jensen VM9726BT and then make your call.
- Call History: You can also make a call by searching your mobile phone's call history (Received/Dialed/Missed) from the Jensen VM9726BT.
Note: The microphone features a visor-clip to mount the unit to your vehicle's sun-visor. The visor-clip can be removed and the microphone an be mounted to your dash using the supplied self-adhesive bracket. The microphone measures 0.5" (diameter) x 1.1875" (deep) and features an attached 7.75' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Jensen VM9726BT allows you to play back stored music and streamed music from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or audio player. You can control basic music playback functions (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from the VM9726BT. Advanced music navigation will still need to be done through your Bluetooth mobile device. This unit does not display song/artist information from connected Bluetooth audio devices. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Disc Compatibility: The Jensen VM9726BT has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier, so you don't have to wait for the unit's monitor to retract. The VM9726BT supports playback of DVD Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW discs. The unit supports MPEG-1/MPEG-2 video & JPEG photo files recorded on to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs. It also supports playback of MP3/WMA music files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW disc.
SD-Card Slot: The Jensen VM9726BT is equipped with a front-panel SD-card slot. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files, MPEG 1/2 video files, and JPEG photo files recorded on SD/SDHC memory cards (up to 8GB).
Dual USB Ports: The Jensen VM9726BT features a front- and rear-panel USB (type-A port) for connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. The USB ports enable playback of MP3/WMA audio files recorded in FAT16 or FAT32 on a connected USB mass storage class device. The head unit also supports JPEG still image and MPEG 1/2 video playback via USB. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the DVD receiver's USB port (5V/500mA), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
File Compatibility: The Jensen VM9726BT supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc, loaded onto a USB mass storage class device, or stored on an SD/SDHC memory card.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||Flash Media (USB/SD)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3:
bit rate up to 128kbps w/ sampling frequency up to 48kHz
WMA: bit rate up to 128kbps w/ sampling frequency up to 48kHz
|Max # of Files/Folders||1,500 total files/folders|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, WMA-tags|
Playback Functions: The Jensen VM9726BT offers a variety of playback functions to enjoy your music, video, and photo files.
- Slow Motion: Plays the current DVD video title in slow motion.
- Repeat Play: Repeat Chapter, Titles, Tracks, and Folders on a disc, SD card, or USB device.
- A-B Repeat: A-B Repeat allows you to repeat a specific section of a DVD.
- Random Play: When playing a disc, SD-card, or USB device, you can play audio tracks/files in random order.
Search Functions: The VM9726BT provides various search functions to find your music, videos, and photos.
- Playlist Screen: The Playlist Screen provides a search list for music, video, or photo files stored on your MP3/WMA disc, SD card, or USB device.
- Fast Forward/Fast Reverse: When playing a disc, SD card, or USB device, there are four fast-play speeds in both directions - 2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x.
- Intro Scan: During music playback you can play the first 10 seconds of each track or file.
- Direct Search: During disc, SD, or USB playback you can use the numeric keypad on the touch-screen display to access a chapter/track directly.
Parental Lock: The DVD system has a built-in Parental Lock feature to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing restricted disc content. By default, the rating system is unlocked. You can choose from 8 different levels of Parental Lock. Once setup, the parental lock is released only by entering the user 4-digit password.
Off Eject: You can eject a disc with the unit powered off. You cannot insert a disc with the head unit powered off.
iPod/iPhone Connectivity: The Jensen VM9726BT supports connection to either Dock-connector or Lightning-connector Apple iPods and iPhones.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector iPod/iPhone: The optional jLink-USB cable (110JLINUSB, sold separately) allows you to connect your iPod or Phone (w/ dock connector) to the VM9726BT through the head unit's rear-panel USB port and 3.5mm video input. This type of connection supports playback of audio/video content stored on your Apple device, as well as music and movies streamed to your iPhone from select apps. If you only require iPod/iPhone audio playback, you can simply connect your iPod/iPhone to the VM9726BT's front- or rear-panel USB input via the USB/Dock connector cable that came with your iPod/iPhone.
- Lightning-Connector iPod/iPhone: If you have an iPod/iPhone with the new Lightning-connector; use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit's front- or rear-panel USB input. These Apple devices only support audio playback of stored music and streamed music apps on your iPod/iPhone device. These Apple devices do not support video output.
iPod/iPhone Control: You can control your connected iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen. You can use the VM9726BT's touchscreen to browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer, or Podcast. You can browse your videos by Movie, Music Videos, TV Shows, Video Podcasts, Rentals, and Video Playlists. You can also access a music track directly by using the head unit's touchscreen keypad. In addition, you can activate Random & Repeat playback modes. Most iPod/iPhone device's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked during connection (Apple devices w/ iOS 6.0+ will stay unlocked).
Information Display: The Jensen VM9726BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information from stored music and select music apps. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song/Album title, and Album Art.
Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 0.5A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Jensen VM9726BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and support the following iPod/iPhone model features (12/8/2013):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora App||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio|
- *Requires the Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device for audio playback only. These devices do not support video output.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, scan, preset, and direct tuning. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible FM stations. FM stations with Radio Data System (RDS) service send inaudible digital information along with the regular radio program signal. The tuner features selectable North America and European tuning.
- Preset Tuning: The unit features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands with the capability of storing 6 presets for each band giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets (30 total). You can also automatically store the six strongest stations in your area inside the current selected band. In addition, the tuner features a Preset Scan function which allows you to preview your stored preset stations in the selected band.
- Preview Scan: The Scan function will play the first five seconds of each station, until you find a station you like.
- Local Seek: The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played.
- Direct Tuning: The built-in AM/FM tuner also allows direct frequency tuning through the unit's touchscreen panel.
Pandora App: Pandora is the leading Internet Radio music service in the United States, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The free Pandora app lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Jensen VM9726BT using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Jensen jLink-USB cable (sold separately), or the USB cable supplied with your iPhone. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0 or later) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account. The VM9726BT will provide control over the Pandora music service and display Artist, Album, & Song information (including Album Art).
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada & only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Jensen VM9726BT comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM & Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options & channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Direct Channel input allows you to directly enter a station number using the remote control
- Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, and Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's display
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
D/A Converter: The Jensen VM9726BT is equipped with a high-performance 24-bit, 192kHz digital-to-analog converter with a multi-bit Sigma-Delta modulator.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the VM9726BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the VM9726BT are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 13 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 40 watts x 4 channels (160 watts total)
4V/5Ch Preamp Outputs w/ Low Pass Crossover: The Jensen VM9726BT is equipped with five 4-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/mono-Sub). The front and rear channels are fading, while the subwoofer output is non-fading with a low-pass crossover filter and separate level control. The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Crossover for subwoofer preamp output. You can select from 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or off.
EQ: The VM9725BT features a Preset & 3-Band EQ. The built-in equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Acoustic, Urban, Rave, Latin, Dance, Hip Hop, Rock, or User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 3-band EQ (Bass, Midrange, Treble) from -12 to +12.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume.
DRC: This function reduces a Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range so you can hear quieter dialog without being overwhelmed by loud sections. You can choose a setting of Auto or On.
Source Level: You can increase the relative volume (0-12) of the unit's source inputs to match the external source's output level. The Source Level can be used for the VM9726BT's Radio, Disc, SD, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, or AV input.
Programmable Turn-On Volume: You can set the head unit to turn-on to the last volume level adjustment when turned off, or turn-on to a pre-defined volume level (0-50) every time you power up the radio.
Beep Tones: An audible beep tone confirms each function selection. The beep tone can be disabled/enabled in the Setup Menu.
Heat Management: The unit has a heat management system which incorporates forced-air cooling to keep the chip-sets operating at nominal temperatures for reliable operation and sound quality.
Dual AV Inputs: The Jensen VM9726BT is equipped with AV input terminals on the front and rear of the unit to enable enjoyment of content from an external connected source. The rear composite video/stereo RCA inputs are ideal for permanent installations, while the front AV mini-jack (3.5mm) input will come in handy for quick connection of a portable audio/visual source.
Audio/Video Outputs + Dual Zone: Dual rear-panel RCA composite video-output jacks allow you add external monitors such as rear headrest monitors (sold separately). The VM9726BT is also equipped with a pair of stereo RCA outputs which can be used in conjunction with the dual video outputs. You can select Disc, SD, USB/iPod, or AUX as the rear-panel source; or your can simply have the rear AV output mirror the head unit's selected front source.
Rear View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rear view camera (sold separately) in order to display the area behind your vehicle on the head unit's touchscreen. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (green/white wire of harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds. You can choose for the monitor to display a Mirror mode image or a Normal mode image from the rear-view camera. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
IR Remote Control: The Jensen VM9726BT comes supplied with a 44-button IR remote control which provides wireless operation of the Jensen navigation receiver.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
6 questions already asked
The Jensen I received didn't work properly and I returned it..... [ SAM Jan 30, 2014 ]
I mounted it on the dash [ RACHQUEL Jan 24, 2014 ]
GPS antenna can be mounted on a metal support under the dash which allows the antenna to face upward, as close to the windshield as possible and where there is no metal between the antenna and the sky. Plastic dash and glass windshield will not inhibit GPS signal. This worked fine in my 2004 Chevy Silverado. Second solution is to drill a hole in the dash just large enough for the connector to fit through, as close to the windshield as possible, attach antenna to dash with double sided tape in location where antenna hides the hold which was drilled. 3rd solution is to remove front pillar support molding, snake wire through and attach magnetic antenna on the roof of the car, very close to the drivers side door. This leaves a small amount of wire in the door frame, depending on make and model, door weather stripping still works OK.... Search GPS antenna installation on the web, there are a few videos which might help if one of the solutions above does not work. [ Gary Jan 19, 2014 ]
Technically it's supposed to be mounted outside the vehicle... you might notice that the little black box is magnetic... It's supposed to have a clear view of the GPS satellites in which case you'd ideally stick the box to the roof of your car and run the cable through to the interior. This is much easier said than done, but I imagine if you had a hatchback or SUV this would be much easier to do. However, in my sedan, I routed the cable from the stereo, under the dash, behind the A pillar and under the roof lining where I mounted it to a metal plate, that I had glued to the windshield. Even though the black box is upside down, this does not seem to matter to the quality of my signal as it can still "see" the GPS satellites through the windshield. Hope this helps... [ JASON M Jan 18, 2014 ]
The GPS antenna comes with a sticky backing that allows you to attach it to a clean smooth surface. Depending bon your vehicle you need to place it in a place that has unobstructed view of the sky. I would recommend as close to the front of your front window on either side of the dash board. The wiring for the antenna can be run down the sides of your dash board and tucked under the driving console. Use plastic wire ties to securely tie it up under your dash so as to not have the wire fall down and be broken by your feet or caught in the door jam and cut. [ STEPHEN Jan 17, 2014 ]
I mounted my antenna on the roof of my truck in front of the 3rd light hid the cord to make it look professional [ SOLOMON Jan 14, 2014 ]
the GPS antenna is magnetic and mounts best to the roof of your car. I ran the wire on the inside of the rubber door seal and then under the dash. You can mount it on your dash as I believe it also has a peel off sticker back - but reception will be poorer... [ BRANNON Jan 14, 2014 ]
Hi, yes I fitted this unit into my 2013 ford mustang and mounted the GPS antenna on the dash top in the centre as close to the front windshield as I could get it. When finished, it just looks like many other dash top mounts from the factory and is in a great position to get maximum signal etc. The job was a bit tricky because I had to drill a hole in the dash top big enough to get the connector / wire through and then glue the GPS unit sort of on top so the cable was 95% hidden - you can just see a little of it looking back through the screen from outside. The access to drill the hole was just workable with a 90 degree drill attachment and with the console removed you could pull the cable through from underneath. Hope it helps, very fiddly but the result looks 'factory fit' [ PETER P Jan 14, 2014 ]
I have a cargo van. I mounted mine to the inside of the roof in the cargo compartment behind drivers seat. It is a magnetic base. Just stick it and go [ RANDY Jan 14, 2014 ]
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone or online chat to discuss compatibility with your factory system. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and see if this will integrate. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Jeff Jan 04, 2014 ] Staff
3 answers Two questions: 1) Does phonebook sync over Bluetooth work between this unit and an iPhone 5? 2) This unit has a microphone built into the front bezel (in addition to the external microphone). The manual says both are "for Bluetooth," but doesn't elaborate on the differences between using the two. I prefer to NOT have an external mic mounted somewhere in my car's interior and would like to know what the difference is between the internal and external mics which are, apparently, both "for Bluetooth." [ Kevin Jan 02, 2014 ]
I am using a Motorola Razr old style cell phone. The phone book synced over Bluetooth without a problem, although the pics associated with the numbers did not. I don't have an Iphone 5, but would assume it would sync even better. The microphone that is built into the front bezel did not work for me. I could hear the other party fine, but they could not hear me. I mounted the external mic where the window meets the headliner above the driver seat (it has a clip) and you can run the line behind the driver side window trim. I have not had any trouble since, so I would say that for me it was a necessity to have an external mic. I have a Dodge Caravan. [ WEYMAN Jan 15, 2014 ]
when I connected my iPhone 5 via bluetooth, it synced my phonebook and listed all my contacts on the screen. Each time you connect - it will read your contacts and update automatically. I ran the external mic and concealed the wires so it was right at the driver side, just below the visor, for better performance. This is a hard-wired mic to the back of the stereo/gps unit. Have not tried the difference between internal and external mic quality... [ BRANNON Jan 14, 2014 ]
Kevin I bought the same head unit a few weeks ago and had it installed. The phone book synced fine with my iPhone 5s. As for the mic, the install shop installed the external mic even though it has an internal one. Both work on Bluetooth but the internal one seems to be clearer to whoever I'm speaking with. I'm not sure why you would need both. I would recommend installing an extension hanging from under the dash, so if after it's installed you decided to hook up the external you don't have to remove the head unit to plug it in. [ DANA Jan 02, 2014 ]
Yes; Map Updates: It is easy to keep the navigation system up to date. Simply purchased & download new map data from the naviextras .com online portal, store the updated map data on a micro SD card, and insert it into the Jensen VM9726BT via the front-panel micro SD card slot. You have 90 days from purchase to download the latest available map free of charge. [ STEPHEN Dec 12, 2013 ]
Yes you can. No restrictions. [ MICHAEL L Dec 10, 2013 ]
with a bypass yes you can [ MARCUS G Dec 09, 2013 ]