Inputs and Outputs
This unit has built-in Dolby Digital,
Dolby Prologic and DTS decoding.
- Subwoofer: You can select YES or NO.
- Front Speakers: You can select LARGE or
SMALL (note: if subwoofer is set to NO, you can only select LARGE front speakers).
- Center speaker: You can select LARGE,
SMALL, or NONE (note: if front speakers are set to SMALL, you cannot select LARGE for the
- Rear speaker: You can select SMALL, LARGE,
or NONE (note: if front speakers are set to SMALL, you cannot select LARGE for the rear
- Center delay: 0 to 5 msec in 1 msec
- Rear delay: 0 to 15 msec in 1 msec
- Crossover: You can select a crossover
point of 80, 100 or 120 Hz (operates in Dolby Digital, DTS and Dolby Pro Logic mode only).
- LFE Att.: You can lower LFE bass by 10dB.
- Comp: (Dynamic range compression): You can
select OFF, MID or MAX. (note: mode operates only in Dolby Digital Mode)
One touch operation:
Assigns and stores different sound settings for each source. You can store the volume
level, bass boost, bass and treble settings, input attenuator mode, subwoofer level,
balance and DSP modes.
Digital Surround Processor: Has 3
types of modes:
- 3D Phonic Effect Levels: You can vary the
level from 1 to 5. (note: This mode can be used even if you only have front speakers
connected to the unit. You can select 3D Action (for action and war movies), or 3D Theater (simulates a large theater))
- DAP Mode: allows you to select Live Club,
Dance Club, Hall, Pavilion, Head Phone or OFF. The DAP effect levels can be varied from 1 to 5.
- Surround Mode: This unit has standard
Dolby Pro Logic, DTS and Dolby Digital surround modes. Besides these modes you can also
select JVC Theater Surround which "enhances" Dolby Pro Logic.
(Note: Two DSP modes cannot be used simultaneously.)
Test Tones: Covers all speakers
Level Control: Center, left and right surround, and subwoofer.
Compu Link: This unit has
A/V CompuLink and Compu Link 3 Synchro for use with compatible JVC A/V
products (one touch operation).
Attentuator: You can attenuate an analog input signal if it is too high
and causes distortion.
Digital Input Registration: When you use either of the digital inputs,
you must register which source is connected to which digital input (unit only). This only
needs to be done one time, and afterwards, the unit will automatically be able to select
the proper source in both digital and analog mode.
Sleep Timer: This unit is
equipped with a sleep timer that will automatically turn the unit off after 10, 20, 30,
40, 50, 60, 70, 80 or 90 minutes.
The remote controls JVC audio/video components
only. Besides this unit it will control compatible JVC turntables, CD
Players, Cassette decks, MD recorders, VCRs and DVD players.
- Gold plated standard headphone output
- Phono in
- CD in
- Tape/MD in and out
- DVD audio/video input (RCA and S-video)
- TV/DBS audio/video input (RCA only)
- VCR audio/video input and output (RCA only)
- Subwoofer preamp output: mono RCA
- Monitor out (RCA and S-video)
- Digital inputs: one Toslink with
cover (Digital 2) and 1 coax
- AM input: Spring clips
- FM antenna input: slip on (non-threaded) F-Type
- Two Compu Link 3 (Synchro) inputs
- Two AV Compu Link inputs
- TV Compu Link input
- Spring clip outputs for center and surround
- Spring clip outputs for both sets of front
speakers. (note: the second set of front speakers, front speakers 2, are
automatically cut off when a surround mode is selected.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to
find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research
team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record
dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies
to help people make informed choices.