Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
This home theater receiver from JVC gives you your money's worth, and then some. Built-in processing for Dolby Digital and DTS lets you take advantage of the discrete digital multichannel soundtracks from thousands of DVDs, select DBS programs and an ever-growing number of digital TV broadcasts. Built-in Dolby Pro Logic decoding gives you surround sound from your non-digital home theater sources (such as a HiFi VCR or stereo TV).
Rated at 100 watts x 5 channels in surround mode and 100 x 2 in stereo, the RX-6000V delivers rich, detailed sound both for movies and music. And you get plenty of inputs for your A/V components: 1 optical and 1 coaxial input for digital sources; plus 3 audio and 3 A/V inputs (including 1 S-video jack) for analog sources. A dedicated preamp output lets you add a powered subwoofer for heavy home theater impact.
- Dolby Digital/DTS inputs (1 optical, 1 coaxial)
- 100 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (40-20,000 Hz) at 0.8% THD or 100 x 5 in Surround mode (Dolby Digital, DTS, Pro Logic)
- 3 audio and 3 A/V (including 1 S-video) inputs
- preamp-level subwoofer output
- A/V remote
- Enhanced JVC CompuLink
- 30 FM/15 AM presets
- 17-3/16"W x 5-13/16"H x 16-15/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
Receivers: Your ticket to sensational sound
Your receiver powers your speakers and lets you connect and select your entertainment sources. But a great receiver does a lot more it ignites your emotions. From the passion of a favorite musical artist, to the crossfire of a super-charged movie soundtrack, to the intensity and immersion of a fast-paced video game, your receiver is the key to experiencing and enjoying it in full.
JVC RX-6000V Reviews
What's in the box?
- AM/FM/Dolby Digital/DTS receiver
- RM-SRX6000J remote
- 2 "AA" batteries
- AM Loop antenna
- FM wire antenna
- Owner's Manual
- Product registration card
- Safety Guide
- Errata Sheet
Features and Specs
This unit has built-in Dolby Digital, Dolby Prologic and DTS decoding.
- Subwoofer: You can select YES or NO.
- Front Speakers: You can select LARGE or SMALL (note: if subwoofer is set to NO, you can only select LARGE front speakers).
- Center speaker: You can select LARGE, SMALL, or NONE (note: if front speakers are set to SMALL, you cannot select LARGE for the center speaker).
- Rear speaker: You can select SMALL, LARGE, or NONE (note: if front speakers are set to SMALL, you cannot select LARGE for the rear speakers).
- Center delay: 0 to 5 msec in 1 msec increments
- Rear delay: 0 to 15 msec in 1 msec increments
- Crossover: You can select a crossover point of 80, 100 or 120 Hz (operates in Dolby Digital, DTS and Dolby Pro Logic mode only).
- LFE Att.: You can lower LFE bass by 10dB.
- Comp: (Dynamic range compression): You can select OFF, MID or MAX. (note: mode operates only in Dolby Digital Mode)
One touch operation: Assigns and stores different sound settings for each source. You can store the volume level, bass boost, bass and treble settings, input attenuator mode, subwoofer level, balance and DSP modes.
Digital Surround Processor: Has 3 types of modes:
- 3D Phonic Effect Levels: You can vary the level from 1 to 5. (note: This mode can be used even if you only have front speakers connected to the unit. You can select 3D Action (for action and war movies), or 3D Theater (simulates a large theater))
- DAP Mode: allows you to select Live Club, Dance Club, Hall, Pavilion, Head Phone or OFF. The DAP effect levels can be varied from 1 to 5.
- Surround Mode: This unit has standard Dolby Pro Logic, DTS and Dolby Digital surround modes. Besides these modes you can also select JVC Theater Surround which "enhances" Dolby Pro Logic.
(Note: Two DSP modes cannot be used simultaneously.)
Test Tones: Covers all speakers
Level Control: Center, left and right surround, and subwoofer.
Compu Link: This unit has
A/V CompuLink and Compu Link 3 Synchro for use with compatible JVC A/V
products (one touch operation).
Attentuator: You can attenuate an analog input signal if it is too high and causes distortion.
Digital Input Registration: When you use either of the digital inputs, you must register which source is connected to which digital input (unit only). This only needs to be done one time, and afterwards, the unit will automatically be able to select the proper source in both digital and analog mode.
Sleep Timer: This unit is equipped with a sleep timer that will automatically turn the unit off after 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 or 90 minutes.
The remote controls JVC audio/video components only. Besides this unit it will control compatible JVC turntables, CD Players, Cassette decks, MD recorders, VCRs and DVD players.
- Gold plated standard headphone output
- Phono in
- CD in
- Tape/MD in and out
- DVD audio/video input (RCA and S-video)
- TV/DBS audio/video input (RCA only)
- VCR audio/video input and output (RCA only)
- Subwoofer preamp output: mono RCA
- Monitor out (RCA and S-video)
- Digital inputs: one Toslink with cover (Digital 2) and 1 coax
- AM input: Spring clips
- FM antenna input: slip on (non-threaded) F-Type connector
- Two Compu Link 3 (Synchro) inputs
- Two AV Compu Link inputs
- TV Compu Link input
- Spring clip outputs for center and surround speakers
- Spring clip outputs for both sets of front speakers. (note: the second set of front speakers, front speakers 2, are automatically cut off when a surround mode is selected.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.