DVD receiver with 7" LCD video monitor (New Stock)
Item #: 113715DVD
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $1,399.99
Whether you're looking to add some flash to your dash, or just want to establish a solid foundation for your mobile video system (or both, of course), Kenwood's KVT-715DVD is the right receiver for you! Its motorized 7" LCD offers a graphical user interface for convenient touch-screen system control, as well as providing a beautiful display for your DVDs. And its array of inputs and outputs lets you create an impressive multi-media entertainment package in your vehicle.
There's plenty of onboard power to energize your tunes, and you can add component amplifiers to the front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs to enhance the force of your music and movies. System Q EX lets you adjust the sonic detail until it's tailor-made for your vehicle's acoustics.
When you're parked, you can watch your favorite DVDs on the built-in monitor. Connect a backseat monitor to the audio/video outputs, hit dual-zone mode, and your passengers in the back can keep watching while you drive and enjoy another source. Musically, you can bring along nearly your entire song collection: the KVT-715DVD will play the discs you've loaded up with your MP3 and WMA files.
You've also got the option of adding another component (like a game system) to the audio/video inputs, and for even more entertainment, an optional XM or SIRIUS radio.
- motorized, retractable 7" LCD video monitor
- detachable control panel
- monitor angle adjustment
- 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio
- selectable screen viewing modes
- touch-screen controls
- graphical user interface
- plays DVDs, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs, CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, Video CDs, and MP3/WMA discs
- CD changer controls
- System E's+ Advanced Crossover system
- System Q EX sound control
- one set of audio/video inputs
- one set of audio/video outputs
- dual-zone capability
- 3 sets of 5-volt preamp outputs
- CR-2 AM/FM tuner
- 18 FM/6 AM presets
- satellite radio controls (SIRIUS or XM subscription, tuner, and antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal) service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories
- wireless remote
- navigation input
- TV tuner controls
- Kenwood Music Keg controls
- HD Radio ready
- 22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
- frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- DVD signal-to-noise ratio 95 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
Why replace your factory radio?
Two good reasons - sound quality and cool features. A new car stereo offers power that's superior to most factory radios, along with more sophisticated tone controls. And most car stereos offer built-in or optional features that add safety and fun to life in your car, including inputs for your iPod or MP3 player, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free cell phone calls, satellite radio or HD Radio reception, and connections for building an audio system in your car.
Kenwood KVT-715DVD Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Best out there
This is the best dvd with monitor ive had. I've had an Alpine and a Clarion but this Kenwood is by far the best, picture, eq, options are far better than others. Not alot of options for backgrounds but it makes up for it. I can play dvd for headrests with audio for people in back, while listening to sirius up front and have the PS2 on the big monitor in back all at same time.
great video indash
This deck is the best choice I made between various units from panasonic and clarion and alpine. For the price, it can't be beat. You get many features such as the ability to read dvd-rs with mp3, dvd playback, and great sound control from the kenwood equalizer. I would prefer them to be able to show more text because my songs have lon titile names, but you win some and lose some. The unit installed in no time and the hideaway box is very small compared to many other boxes. the other units do not say that they can read mp3 dvd-rs and that was a major selling point for me. if you don't need a outer display when the lcd in, get this one, otherwise get the 815. Eitherway, they both have the same features and look the same otherwise. Being able to display different backgrounds from images would also be a good add in that this unit cannot do(panasonic does it), you are only limited to onboard choices. Forget about spectrum analyzers because those are only available on more expensive units.
Awesome DVD player
2002 Chevrolet Malibu
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This is an awesome dvd player. I have it in my 2002 Chevrolet Malibu. The picture is perfect. There couldn't possibly be a better dvd player. The System Q-EX is also outstanding. You can't beat Kenwood!!!
Excellent DVD Deck !!!!
This is an awesome deck packed with tons of great features hey for the price you can beat it, there is no flickering or dot crawl on the screen it has a very high quality picture and the color is fantastic. I recommend this deck for anyone willing to jump into the mobile video world and for the price you can go wrong. It also comes with extra rca outputs which i think is great.
What's in the box?
- AM/FM/DVD/Video CD/Audio CD/Changer controller receiver
- Detachable protection panel
- Trim ring
- Plastic detachable protection panel case
- Hideaway unit
- RC-DV420 Wireless remote control
- 1 CR2025 lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 19.5' Connection cable (has 21-pin connector on each end)
- 19.5' Antenna cord (has a male Motorola plug on one end and a female Motorola plug on the other end)
- 19.5' Hideaway unit wiring harness (has in-line 10A fuse)
- 13" Head unit wiring harness with 6.5' parking sensor lead (has in-line noise filter and 5A fuse)
- 2 Hideaway installation brackets
- 2 Head unit mounting brackets
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 4 Machine screws (each screw has 1 flat washer and 1 lock washer)
- 4 Panhead ISO-mount screws
- 4 Countersunk ISO-mount screws
- 2 Removal tools
- Instruction Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Warranty Card
- Caution sheet
- Car Audio Passport
- Correction sheet
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Red or green|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Sirius|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
Security Code: You may program the unit with a 4 digit security code. Once the unit has been programmed with a security code, the code must be entered to use the unit after it has been disconnected from power.
Detachable Protection Panel: To prevent theft, the protection panel can be detached.
Motorized Video Display: This unit is equipped with a motorized 7" widescreen LCD that serves as a video monitor and system information display.
Touch Screen Controls: This unit has touch screen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. The screen is non-glare and smudge-resistant.
Display Angle and Position Adjustment: You can adjust the display's angle and position for better visibility. The display slides forward and backward, allowing you to choose one of 4 slide positions. You can also choose one of 8 tilt angles.
Auto Open/Close: When this feature is active, the display automatically opens when the unit is turned on and closes when the unit is turned off.
Display Adjustment: You can adjust the display's brightness, color, tint, contrast, and black level. Additionally, you can change the background and menu graphics.
Selectable Screen Viewing Modes: You can choose from the following screen modes:
- Normal: displays 16:9 widescreen format pictures that fill the entire screen width, and 4:3 (conventional TV) pictures display with black bars on either side
- Full: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally to fill the entire width of the screen, distorting the picture slightly but retaining full image height
- Just: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally only at the edges
- Cinema: expands 4:3 pictures both horizontally and vertically, filling the screen without distorting the picture
- Zoom: expands 4:3 pictures both horizontally and vertically, filling the screen without distorting the picture but cutting off the top and bottom edges
Anti-Skip Memory (DVD only): This unit is equipped with 3-second anti-skip memory for skip-resistant DVD playback.
Note: This feature is only active when the unit is playing a DVD.
Sirius Satellite Radio Controls: This unit can control the optional Sirius Satellite tuner for Kenwood (item #607SIRKEN1). In addition to the Sirius tuner, you will need an antenna and subscription in order to receive Sirius Satellite Radio programming. The Sirius radio tuner for Kenwood has a CD-changer pass-through, allowing the connection of an optional Kenwood CD changer in addition to the Sirius tuner with only one connection to the head unit.
Dual Zone Control: When used with an appropriate adapter or CD changer, the head unit can send its internal sound sources (tuner, CD/DVD) to the front speakers and front preamp outputs while simultaneously sending an external sound source (connected via the adapter or the changer) to the rear speakers and rear preamp outputs, with independent volume control for each zone.
System Q EX Sound Control: 6 EQ curves are preset into memory, allowing you to recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music. The preset curves are named "Natural", "Rock", "Pops", "Easy", "Top 40", and "Jazz". In addition, you may store your own settings under the "User Memory" EQ curve. Each preset has its own bass center frequency, bass level, bass Q factor, bass extension, middle center frequency, middle level, middle Q factor, treble center frequency, and treble level settings. You may adjust the bass center frequency (60, 70, 80, or 150Hz), bass level (-8 to +8), bass Q factor (1.00, 1.25, 1.50 or 2.00), bass extension (On or Off), middle center frequency (0.5, 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0kHz), middle level (-8 to +8), middle Q factor (1.0 or 2.0), treble center frequency (10.0, 12.5, 15.0 or 17.5kHz), and treble level (-8 to +8). The System Q EX can be turned off in the menu, still allowing you to adjust the bass, middle and treble levels only.
Speaker Type Setting: This feature tailors the System Q EX Sound Control settings according to the type of speakers in your vehicle. You may select Standard (for speakers with a general diameter), Narrow (for speakers with a small diameter), Wide (for woofers with a large diameter), or Middle (for tweeters with a small diameter).
System E's+ Advanced Crossover System: The System E's+ Advanced Crossover system allows you to select independent high-pass filters for the front preamp/speaker outputs and rear preamp/speaker outputs. Each high-pass filter frequency may be set to 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, or Through (off). In addition, the unit has a low-pass filter for the non-fading preamp outputs. The low-pass filter may be set to 50Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Through (off). The phase of the non-fading preamp output may be set to Normal or Reverse.
Volume Offset Control: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -15 to 0.
HD Radio Ready: The KVT-715DVD is HD Radio ready. With an optional Kenwood HD Radio tuner (item # 113HR100TR), you will be able to receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. This new technology will significantly improve audio quality and reception, as well as include information such as artist name and song titles or traffic news, viewable on the receiver's display.
CR-2 Advanced Tuner: This unit uses Kenwood's CR-2 Advanced tuner, which provides high signal strength for clear radio reception. The tuner incorporates an Automatic Noise Reduction Circuit (ANRC), along with the Clean Reception System Circuit (CRSC), for improved rejection of distortion due to multi-path. You can choose one of three tuning modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual.
Clean Reception System Circuit (CRSC): This circuit controls multi-path distortion by reducing stereo separation. As stereo separation is reduced, multi-path has less effect on the radio signal, improving reception in areas with tall buildings and mountains. The CRSC feature can be turned on or off.
Direct Access Tuning: When using the remote, you can directly access any radio station by entering the frequency on the numeric keypad.
Station Name Preset (SNPS): This feature allows you to assign names to radio stations and TV stations. Up to 30 AM/FM stations and 20 TV stations can be given a name. Each name can be up to 16 characters in length.
RDS (Radio Data System): This unit supports the following RDS functions:
- PTY (Program Type): allows you to select RDS stations based on their program type. You can scan stations based on their program type.
- Radio Text: This unit displays text info which might be transmitted by RDS stations. If the station is not transmitting text, the unit will display "No Text". You can set radio text to scroll automatically, or it can be set to manual, which allows you to scroll one line at a time.
- Traffic Information Function: If a traffic information station begins to broadcast a traffic bulletin while a disc is playing, the unit will automatically play the bulletin and return to the disc when the bulletin ends. This function may be turned on or off.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play MP3 and WMA files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo formats. Each disc should have a maximum of 8 directory levels, 100 folders, and 255 files per folder. During MP3/WMA playback, the unit displays any recorded ID3 Tag information.
Disc Name Preset (DNPS): You may assign names to discs played in the internal CD player. Each disc name can be up to 16 characters long, and the receiver has a memory capacity for up to 10 discs. (See below for further DNPS features with CD changers.)
"B.M.S." (Bass Management System): When used with a compatible Kenwood eXcelon amplifier, you can adjust the bass boost level of the amplifier through this head unit. You may select Flat, or boost the bass of the amplifier by +6, +12 or +18. The center frequency of the bass boost can be adjusted using the B.M.S. Amp Frequency setting. This setting allows you to choose Normal or Low. When Low is selected, the center frequency is dropped 20-30%.
Display Dimming: This unit is equipped with an orange/white wire that Kenwood calls an illumination lead, however, it acts as a dimmer lead. When the illumination wire of this unit is connected to the headlamp circuit of your vehicle, and you turn your lights on, the display will dim to a preset level. The display brightness is not affected by the vehicle's dimmer control. When the Auto Dimmer function is turned on, the display automatically dims as it gets darker in the vehicle.
Weather Band Tuner Compatible: This unit is compatible with the Kenwood KTC-WB100 weather band tuner (sold separately). The optional tuner box allows you to tune in weather band radio stations. There are about 480 weather band radio stations in the United States, and this option allows you to tap into the information needed to prepare for outdoor activities such as sporting events, camping trips and days at the park.
TV Tuner Compatible: This unit is compatible with the Kenwood KTC-V500N TV tuner (sold separately).
DVD Functions: This unit allows you to perform the following DVD/Video CD functions: chapter search, track search, 3-speed slow motion play (forward and reverse), 3-speed scan play (forward and reverse), pause, and frame advance.
Direct Search: When playing a DVD, you can directly access a chapter or scene using the numeric keypad on the remote. When playing a Video CD, you can directly access a track or scene.
Multi-angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Repeat Play: During DVD playback, you can repeat the current title or current chapter. During Video CD playback, you can repeat the current track.
Zoom: When playing DVDs or Video CDs, you can enlarge the picture using the zoom feature. You can magnify the picture 2x, 3x, or 4x the normal size.
Setup Menu: You can adjust the following settings in the setup menu:
- Screen Display Mode: allows you to select 4:3 letterbox, 4:3 pan & scan, or 16:9
- Menu Language: allows you to select the default menu language
- Subtitle Language: allows you to select the default subtitle language
- Audio Language: allows you to select the default audio language
- Dynamic Range: can be set to Wide, Normal, or Midnight
- Angle Mark Display: allows you to choose On or Off. When turned On, an angle mark is displayed when the scene has been recorded from multiple angles.
- Parental Lock: allows you to select a parental control ratings from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password
Compatibility: This unit is directly compatible with Kenwood changers manufactured in 1998 or later. If the changer has an O-N switch, the switch will need to be set to the "N" position. If you have a Kenwood changer manufactured before 1998, you will need the KCA-S210A switching adapter. Changers manufactured before 1994 require the CA-DS100 converter cord (113CADS100) and the KCA-S210A switching adapter.
Disc Name Preset (DNPS): When used with a compatible CD changer, this feature allows you to assign names to discs in the changer. Each name can be up to 16 characters in length. The number of names you can store depends on the CD changer that is connected to the head unit.
CD Text/MD Display: When connected to a CD Text capable CD changer or an MD changer, this unit can display disc and track titles for discs encoded with disc and track title information. The text information can be scrolled manually or automatically.
Music Keg Compatible: This unit is fully compatible with the Kenwood Music Keg Digital Music System (models KHD-C710 and KHD-CX910).
Back Panel of Head Unit:
- To Hideaway Unit: 21-pin jack on a 7" cable hardwired to the head unit. This jack connects the head unit to the hideaway unit using the supplied connection cable.
- Power: 8-pin jack for use with supplied head unit wiring harness
Front Panel of Hideaway Unit:
- Preout: front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs. The front and rear preamp outputs are on 6" cables hardwired to the hideaway unit. The subwoofer preamp outputs are on 10" cables.
- To TV-Tuner I/F: 20-pin proprietary jack that allows you to connect an optional Kenwood TV tuner
- To Navigation I/F: 13-pin jack that allows you to connect an optional Kenwood navigation unit
- To 5L I/F: 13-pin jack that allows you to connect an optional Kenwood changer
Back Panel of Hideaway Unit:
- FM/AM Antenna: 4" hardwired antenna cord with female Motorola jack
- AV Input: left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack on 5" cables hardwired to the hideaway unit
- AV Output: left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack on 5" cables hardwired to the hideaway unit
- To Monitor I/F: 21-pin jack that connects to the head unit using the supplied connection cable
- Power: 16-pin jack for use with supplied hideaway wiring harness
- Hideaway Unit: W=8.219", H=1.178", D=8.718"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.