Kenwood Excelon KVT-911DVD
CD/DVD Receiver / TV Tuner / 6.5" Monitor
Item #: 113911DVD
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $1,099.99
It's Saturday night, and you found a great place to park power up the Kenwood Excelon KVT-911DVD CD/DVD receiver, and watch the 6-1/2" monitor screen motor out. Slide in a DVD, adjust the screen's viewing angle, and it's movie time!
This compact mobile theater takes up just one standard space in your dash, but gives you high-powered CD sound and AM/FM radio, plus DVD video and UHF/VHF TV reception! Everything you need for a basic mobile multimedia system (except speakers) is included. And you can expand your system with add-on components when you're ready.
Operating this high-tech equipment is a snap, thanks to touch screen technology. The on-screen menus are easy to read, intuitive, and helpful. Just select a function, then point your finger and touch the video screen in the correct spot to change sources and system settings, or to make adjustments.
The built-in 6.5" wide-screen monitor has switchable aspect ratios, so you can choose between letterbox, pan & scan, or standard 16:9 viewing modes perfect for watching DVDs (viewing only when parked)! A hideaway module houses two sets of audio/video inputs for adding a video game system, VCR, or portable MP3 player.
A video output makes it easy to hook up another monitor for on-the-go back seat viewing. And the KVT-911DVD has SIRIUS radio controls soon you'll be able to add an outboard tuner and subscribe to SIRIUS. You'll get up to 100 streams of music, news, and entertainment with digital sound and crystal-clear reception, coast-to-coast.
Ready to power down? Fold the screen flat, press a button, and the display motors into the receiver chassis for storage! A wireless remote is included for your convenience.Details:
- manually-folding, motor-retracting 6.5" video display
- touch screen controls
- 24 radio presets
- station naming
- SIRIUS controls (SIRIUS Radio subscription, tuner, and antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal) service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories
- System Q EX Sound Control with 5 highly-adjustable EQ curves and selectable speaker type settings
- hideaway module with tuners, audio/video inputs and outputs
- 4.5-volt front/rear/subwoofer preamp outputs
- diversity TV antenna system
- selectable aspect ratios
- CD changer controls
- System E's+ Advanced Crossover with adjustable high- and low-pass crossovers
- optical digital output for connection to the KDS-P900 surround processor
- wireless remote control
- 22 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 115 dB
- FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
- 2-year warranty
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
Video receivers: They're not just for movies
Video receivers add a new level of entertainment to your vehicle. You can watch a movie on the screen when you're parked on a Saturday night, or play a DVD or downloaded video through your rear seat video setup on the road. Touchscreen receivers allow you to breeze through menus with the tip of your finger. Most video receivers feature a USB input for iPod audio, and the ability to add an adapter that allows video to display on the screen.
Kenwood Excelon KVT-911DVD Reviews
What's in the box?
- AM/FM/CD/Video CD/DVD/Changer controller receiver
- Trim ring
- Hideaway unit
- RC-DV100 Wireless remote
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 Antenna units (each with an in-line 1-amp fuse/booster and attached cables)
- 6 Self-adhesive plastic clampers (for use with antenna units)
- 1 Plastic bottle of glue
- 19.5' Antenna cord (male Motorola plug on one end and female Motorola plug on the other end)
- 18' MZ-Bus connection cable (18-pin female connector on both ends)
- 18' Monitor cable (8-pin male connector on both ends)
- 9.5' Hideaway unit wiring harness (with in-line 10-amp and 3-amp fuses)
- 15" Head unit wiring harness (with in-line 5-amp fuse)
- 1 Scotch lock
- 18' Stereo RCA patch cord
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 4 Machine screws (each screw has 1 flat washer and 1 lock washer)
- 4 Panhead ISO-mount screws
- 4 Countersunk ISO-mount screws
- 1 Machine screw
- 1 Metal mounting strap
- 2 Removal tools
- 2 Installation brackets
- Instruction Manual (English)
- Instruction Manual (French)
- Instruction Manual for the Sirius Tuner Control (English/French)
- Warranty Card
- "Register Online" card
- Yellow caution sheet (warns you not to insert a disc into the unit when a disc is already inserted)
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||45 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||30-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||4.5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green/Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Memory Card Slot||NA|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Sirius|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
Motorized Video Display: This unit is equipped with a motorized 6.5" video display with touch screen controls. Pressing the open button will fully extend the display, leaving it in a horizontal position. Once the display is fully out, you must lift it by hand and set it to an easily visible angle. You may adjust the display position up and down. To close the display, it must be lowered until it is flat and then it will automatically retract.
Touch Screen Controls: This unit has touch screen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. The screen is non-glare and smudge-resistant.
Display Adjustment: You can adjust the display's brightness, color, tint, contrast, and black level. Additionally, you can change the background and menu graphics. When the illumination wire of this unit is connected to the headlamp circuit of your vehicle and you turn your lights on, the display will dim.
Security Code: You may program the unit with a 4 digit security code. Once the unit has been programmed with a security code, the code must be entered to use the unit after it has been disconnected from power.
Anti-Skip Memory (DVD only): This unit is equipped with 3-second anti-skip memory for skip-resistant play. Note: This feature is only active when the unit is playing a DVD.
Plus/Minus Power Source: This type of power source generates higher supply voltages for audio circuits, enabling higher output levels with less noise and distortion. Additionally, the plus/minus power supply isolates the audio ground from the vehicle's chassis ground, eliminating ground loops and interference
Sirius Satellite Radio Controls: This unit can control the optional Kenwood Sirius Satellite tuner (sold separately). The optional tuner will allow you to receive Sirius Satellite Radio.
Dual Zone Control: When used with an appropriate adapter or CD changer, the head unit can send its internal sound sources (tuner, CD/DVD) to the front speakers and front preamp outputs while simultaneously sending an external sound source (connected via the adapter or the changer) to the rear speakers and rear preamp outputs, with independent volume control for each zone.
System Q EX Sound Control: 5 EQ curves are preset into memory, allowing you to recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music. The preset curves are named "Flat", "Rock", "Jazz", "Easy" and "Pops". You may adjust the bass center frequency, bass quality factor, treble center frequency and bass extension for each preset EQ curve. You can store up to 5 user adjusted presets.
Speaker Type Setting: This feature tailors the System Q EX Sound Control settings according to the type of speakers in your vehicle. You may select Standard (for speakers with a general diameter), Narrow (for speakers with a small diameter), Wide (for woofers with a large diameter), or Middle (for tweeters with a small diameter).
System E's+ Advanced Crossover System: The System E's+ Advanced Crossover system allows you to select independent high-pass filters for the front preamp/speaker outputs and rear preamp/speaker outputs. Each high-pass filter frequency may be set to 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, or Through (off). In addition, the unit has a low-pass filter for the non-fading preamp outputs. The low-pass filter may be set to 50Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Through (off). The phase of the non-fading preamp output may be set to Normal or Reverse.
CR-2 Advanced Tuner: This unit uses Kenwood's CR-2 Advanced tuner for clear radio reception.
Clean Reception System Circuit (CRSC): This circuit controls multi-path distortion by reducing stereo separation. As stereo separation is reduced, multi-path has less effect on the radio signal, improving reception in areas with tall buildings and mountains.
Station Name Preset (SNPS): This feature allows you to assign names to radio stations and TV stations. Up to 30 AM/FM stations and 20 TV stations can be given a name. Each name can be up to 16 characters in length.
RDS (Radio Data System): This unit supports the following RDS functions:
- PTY (Program Type): allows you to select RDS stations based on their program type. You can scan stations based on their program type.
- Radio Text: This unit displays text info which might be transmitted by RDS stations. If the station is not transmitting text, the unit will display "No Text". You can set radio text to scroll automatically, or it can be set to manual, which allows you to scroll one line at a time.
- Traffic Information Function: If a traffic information station begins to broadcast a traffic bulletin while a disc is playing, the unit will automatically play the bulletin and return to the disc when the bulletin ends. This function may be turned on or off.
DNPS (Disc Name Preset): The DNPS feature can be used to enter names, up to 16 characters long, into memory for up to 100 discs. When a CD changer with disc naming memory is connected, names may be entered for CDs in the changer (see CD changer control functions below). The number of names that may be entered for discs in a changer depends on the changer model.
"B.M.S." (Bass Management System): When used with a compatible Kenwood eXcelon amplifier, you can adjust the bass boost level of the amplifier through this head unit. You may select Flat, or boost the bass of the amplifier by +6 or +12.
Weather Band Tuner Compatible: This unit is compatible with the Kenwood KTC-WB100 weather band tuner (sold separately). The optional tuner box allows you to tune in weather band radio stations. There are about 480 weather band radio stations in the United States, and this option allows you to tap into the information needed to prepare for outdoor activities such as sporting events, camping trips and days at the park.
Optical Digital Output: When the optical digital output (proprietary connection) on the rear of the head unit is connected to an optional Kenwood digital audio processor, you can enjoy Dolby Digital and DTS surround.
DVD Functions: This unit allows you to perform the following DVD/Video CD functions: chapter search, track search, 3-speed slow motion play (forward and reverse), 2-speed scan play (forward and reverse), pause, and frame advance.
Multi-angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles. Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Zoom: This feature allows you to zoom in on 1/4 of the picture being displayed.
- Screen Mode: allows you to select 4:3 letterbox, 4:3 pan & scan, or 16:9
- Menu Language: allows you to select the default menu language
- Subtitle Language: allows you to select the default subtitle language
- Audio Language: allows you to select the default audio language
- Angle Mark Display: With DVDs on which images photographed from multiple angles are recorded, the angle can be switched during playback. When set to On, Angle mark is displayed. When set to Off, Angle mark is not displayed.
- Dynamic Range: can be set to Standard, Midnight, or Off. In Standard mode, the sound is more powerful at regular volumes. In Midnight mode, the sound is more powerful at low volumes.
- Optical Output Mode: can be set to Stream or PCM. When Stream is selected and the unit is playing a DVD encoded with Dolby Digital, a Dolby Digital bitstream passes through the digital output. When Stream is selected and the unit is playing a DVD encoded with DTS, a DTS bitstream passes through the digital output. When Stream or PCM is selected and the unit is playing a copyright protected DVD recorded in 96kHz linear PCM, a 48kHz/16-bit signal passes through the digital output. If the DVD is not copyright protected, a 48kHz/24-bit signal passes through the digital output. When PCM is selected and the unit is playing a DVD encoded with Dolby Digital, a 48kHz/16-bit signal passes through the digital output. When PCM is selected and the unit is playing a DVD encoded with DTS, no signal passes through the digital output.
- Parental Lock: allows you to select a parental control ratings from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password
- PBC: allows you to turn PBC function On or Off
TV Tuner: The hideaway unit, which includes the TV tuner, must be mounted separately. The supplied quad-diversity antenna allows you to receive local VHF/UHF broadcasts. Additionally, the hideaway unit has 2 sets of A/V inputs for use with a VCR or DVD player.
Picture Mode: The picture mode switches between Normal, Full, Just, Cinema and Zoom.
Channel Presets: You can store 6 stations in each of the TV1 and TV2 bands.
TV List: Once a station has been named, you may display all the station names. When the name of the desired station appears, you can press the number of the station on the screen and the selected station will be tuned in.
Compatibility: This unit can control Kenwood MZ-Bus changers and standard Kenwood changers with a 13-pin connection.
Changer Controls: In addition to basic disc navigation features, this unit has the following changer controls: direct disc access (using the remote), direct track access (using the remote), track intro scan, track repeat, disc repeat, disc random, and all disc random.
Disc Name Preset (DNPS): When used with a compatible CD changer, this feature allows you to assign names to discs in the changer. Each name can be up to 16 characters in length. The number of names you can store depends on the CD changer that is connected to the head unit.
Disc List: Once a disc has been named, you may display the names of the discs in the changer. When the name of the desired disc appears, you can press the number of the disc on the screen to select that disc for playback.
CD Text/MD Display: When connected to a CD Text capable CD changer or an MD changer, this unit can display disc and track titles for discs encoded with disc and track title information. The text information can be scrolled manually or automatically.
Connections: In addition to the in-dash unit, you must also mount the hideaway unit (for dimension, please see the Dimensions section). The in-dash unit is connected to the hideaway unit by an 18' MZ-Bus cable, an 18' monitor cable, and an 18' stereo RCA patch cord. The hideaway unit has a 9.5' wiring harness that provides power, ground, constant, illumination, telephone mute, speaker and remote turn-on connections. The head unit has a 15" wiring harness that provides power, ground, constant, illumination, and parking break sensor connections. Additionally, the hideaway unit must be connected to the vehicle's antenna using a 19.5' antenna cable. Note: Please allow at least 6-1/2" in front of the face for the motorized display to open and retract.
- FM/AM Antenna: hardwired antenna cord with female Motorola jack
- To Monitor Unit: stereo RCA jacks
- AV Output: stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- AV Input 1: stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- AV Input 2: stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- Front Preouts: gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Rear Preouts: gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Non-Fad Preouts: gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Ground: hardwired ground wire terminated with a gold-plated spade connector
- Power: 16-pin male connector for use with supplied power harness
- To MZ-Bus: 2 MZ-Bus connections (top one connects to the head unit)
- To 5L I/F: 13-pin female jack (can connect to a compatible Kenwood changer that does not use MZ-Bus)
- To Monitor: 8-pin female jack that connects to the head unit using the supplied monitor cable
- To Antenna: 4 min-jack inputs for the supplied quad-diversity antenna
- To Nav. I/F: connection for optional navigation unit with an active speaker, such as the Kenwood KNA-DV2100 or KNA-DV3100
Hideaway Unit: W=8.995", H=1.587", D=8.708"
Warranty: Some units include an incorrect warranty card. This unit carries a 2 year parts and labor warranty. The incorrect warranty cards state the unit carries a 1 year parts and labor warranty.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.