Compatibility: The Kenwood CMOS-300 Universal Multi-View
Camera can be used as a rear-view camera with Kenwood in-dash monitors, however, the standard
composite video output (RCA plug) extension cable makes it compatible with
virtually any mobile video monitor.
Note: The CMOS-300 can also be used as a front camera with the
Kenwood DNX7160, DNX7180, DNX9960, and DNX9980 in-dash navigation receivers.
Waterproof Chassis: The camera is built into a compact waterproof aluminum case, making it
perfect for mounting outside the vehicle.
Super Wide Viewing Angle: The 190° horizontal and
158° vertical viewing angles provide an excellent near field view of anything
behind you. The camera gives you a mirror image for rear view confirmation.
CMOS Optics: The 1/4" color CMOS image sensor has approximately 310,000 pixels to deliver a high
Illumination Range: The multi-view camera provides an illumination
range of approximately 0.9 to 100,000 lux. It offers less light distortion from nearby light sources.
Switch Unit: The included dash-mount switch unit can be used to switch the
multi-view camera's display mode, view/hide the guidelines display, and adjust
the camera to better suit your vehicle.
- Display Modes: The CMOS-300 camera system can display 5 different
- Super Wide View: wide-angle image covering a horizontal angle
of approximately 190°
- Wide View: camera image covering a horizontal angle of
- Overhead View: image seen from the viewpoint straight up
above the vehicle
- PinP View: the overhead view is displayed on the upper half
of the screen, while the wide view is displayed on the lower half
- Corner View: the views seen from the two corners of the
vehicle are displayed on the left and right halves of the screen
- Image Adjustments: The multi-view camera features the
following image adjustments.
- Centering: adjusts the center of the camera installation
- Right-and-Left Angle: adjusts the horizontal angle (in the
rotary direction) of the camera installation position
- Up-And-Down Angle: adjusts the vertical angle (inclination)
of the camera installation position
- Guideline Adjustments: The multi-view camera features
the following guideline adjustments.
- Size: adjusts the overall size of guidelines displayed in the
wide or overhead view mode
- Horizontal Direction: adjusts the left-right positioning of
the guidelines displayed in the wide or overhead view mode
- Vertical Direction: adjust the length of the guidelines
displayed in the wide or overhead view mode
- Red Line Position: adjusts the position of the red line
display in the wide or overhead view mode; the red line can be used
independently to set the reference line for the vehicle parking position
Power Supply: The hideaway power supply box features a 2-pin Molex plug on one end that connects to the supplied
14.5' power/signal harness which then plugs into the camera's attached
cable proprietary connector, supplying power and signal. The length of the
camera cable is 25.5' when combined with the power/signal harness. The
power/signal harness also includes a 57" RCA output lead that feeds the signal
to your monitor. In addition there is a switch port to connect the included
switch unit. On the other end of the hideaway power supply box is a 4-pin Molex
plug that connects the power harness which includes the 39" power wire,
39"ground wire and 5" reverse sensor wire which all will all need to be
hardwired to your vehicle's electrical system.
Mounting: The multi-view camera comes supplied with a metal
mounting bracket that attaches to the camera with two supplied machine screws
and attaches to your vehicles with its self-adhesive backing or included
mounting screw. Once the camera is installed in the mounting bracket the
camera's angle can be adjusted to work in your application.
Note: The multi-view camera should be installed at a height of
21.7" or more.
- Camera (with bracket): 1.375" (w) x 1.035" (h) x 1.305" (d)
- Power Supply box: 0.825" (w) x 0.855" (h) x 2.795" (d)
- Control Switch: 1.145" (w) x 0.485" (h) x 1.505" (d)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.