Navigation receiver for truckers
Item #: 113DNX570T
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $999.99
Garmin guidance and more for your rig, RV, or commercial truck
Kenwood's DNX570TR navigation receiver combines the entertainment and smartphone integration options of their popular DNX570HD DVD/navigation receiver with specialized routing by Garmin for 18-wheelers, RVs, and other large vehicles. If you spend a lot of time behind the wheel, this receiver can eliminate some of the worries when you're heading into unfamiliar areas.
Hit the road
The DNX570TR's 6.1" high-resolution touch display shows you everything you need to know from the driver's seat. It offers road maps for the entire U.S. and Canada, plus Puerto Rico. You'll get trademark Garmin guidance along the way, with text-to-speech voice prompts that say actual road names at turns. Garmin's lane guidance helps you stay on the right path when approaching mutli-lane turns or highway splits. Realistic views of complicated intersections make it easier to get through new locales with your load intact.
Truck- and RV-friendly guidance
Truck-specific points of interest include truck stops, food, rest areas, weigh stations, and clean beds along your route and at each upcoming exit. When looking for truck stops, you'll find a list of services offered for each one, including showers, truck scales and Wi-Fi®. The DNX570TR also provides upcoming road info, such as sharp curves, bridge heights, and high wind areas. You'll also get a heads-up for steep grades so you can plan ahead for demanding ascents and descents.
The DNX570TR also provides specialized routing for truck-related restrictions on most roads in the lower 48 states and Canada. You can specify height, weight, length, width, and hazardous materials criteria, and the navigator will provide the best, safest route to your destination — RV owners can do the same. If you're entering an area with a different posted speed limit for trucks, you'll get an alert for that, too.
The DNX570TR also tracks your fuel usage, HOS (hours of service), and mileage by state for IFTA purposes. It can even warn you if you're going to violate your HOS conditions. When you're off the road, you can easily export all your logs to your laptop or PC for efficient reporting and tracking of your trips.
Works well with your smartphone
The DNX570TR is a smartphone lover's road companion, but it works in different ways for different devices:
iPhone®: With a separate cable, you'll get control of your Pandora® Internet radio, Aha Radio, and iHeartRadio apps through the receiver's touchscreen when connected. App Mode also gives you limited control over other select apps on your phone. The DNX570TR also offers compatibility with your iPhone's Siri® feature for select email, Bluetooth® calling, and iPod® commands.
Android™: You can take advantage of Garmin's Smartphone Link app, which allows the receiver and your phone to share information wirelessly, such as saved and recently found locations, where you parked, and your current destination. You can also subscribe to dynamic services from Garmin for more road-friendly content like weather reports and fuel prices for an additional fee. You'll get control of your smartphone's Pandora, Aha Radio, and iHeartRadio apps through Bluetooth, so no cable needed. The Kenwood Music Control app also gives you easy search and playback functions of your Android phone's music through the receiver.
BlackBerry®: You'll get Pandora Internet radio app control through Bluetooth, so no cable needed.
Available HERE traffic reports
HERE (formerly known as NAVTEQ) traffic information for major metropolitan areas is available through the DNX570TR's built-in traffic receiver. You'll need to activate the lifetime service through Kenwood's website to receive the traffic updates, at a one-time cost of $60 (subject to change). You'll be able to see congestion along your route and find a way around it from the driver's seat.
Stay in contact through Bluetooth
A familiar voice can make those long hauls seem less lonely. Built-in Bluetooth lets you make and take calls through the receiver via your compatible phone. When your iPhone's connected with a cable, the receiver will automatically send a pairing request to your phone — all you have to do is accept or deny the request. Most points of interest in Garmin's database include the phone numbers, so you can call ahead with the one tap of the screen to make reservations at hotels or check parking availability at truck stops. The Kenwood DNX570TR also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of any Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone.
HD Radio™ tuner
The DNX570TR also features an HD Radio tuner. You'll enjoy much-improved AM/FM sound quality when you're tuned into a local participating station, and there's no subscription required — just tune it in like a regular radio station.
More audio and video options
This receiver will play all your CDs and DVDs, including discs loaded with music files, while two rear A/V inputs offer connections for more audio/video sources. You can plug your iPod or a thumb drive into the rear USB port, and enjoy all your favorite albums and playlists. No matter what you're listening to, Kenwood designed the DNX570TR to send a crisp, clear audio signal to your speakers, and you can use the 3-band parametric equalizer and other soundshaping tools to adjust the sound for your vehicle.
The high-resolution 6.1" WVGA screen is perfect for viewing video from DVDs or other sources when you're parked. You can tap into video content on your iPod or iPhone with the help of an iPod cable (not included). If you're using the receiver in an RV or large truck, you can play movies through a rear-seat monitor for your passengers. Dual-zone output lets you enjoy the radio or another audio source up front while your passengers view movies on DVD.
Satellite radio is a trucker's dream, since your favorite stations are always there. You can hook up a satellite radio tuner (not included) to this receiver and access the wide variety of entertainment, sports, news, and commercial-free music satellite radio provides. You can also connect a rear-view camera, so you can see what's behind you when backing out of parking areas. If you're looking to add amps and subs, you can take advantage of three sets of preamp outputs available, including a dedicated subwoofer output with low-pass filter and level control.
Want to keep your truck's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Kenwood stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Kenwood, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD player with 6.1" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- built-in iPod,iPhone, and iPad control
- Pandora, Aha Radio, and iHeartRadio app control via Kenwood KCPA-IP102 cable, Apple dock connector cable, or Apple Lightning cable
- Kenwood KCA-IP202 cable required for full access to audio/video content (video content from Lightning devices is not supported)
- Siri Eyes Free control with iPhone 4s and 5/5s/5c
- built-in Android control
- compatible with Garmin Smartphone Link services for traffic, weather, red-light cameras, and fuel prices (subscription fees may apply)
- Pandora, Aha Radio, and iHeartRadio app control via Bluetooth connection
- Kenwood Music Control app control via USB connection
- built-in BlackBerry control for Pandora app via Bluetooth connection
- built-in Garmin navigation system for 18-wheelers, RVs, and other large commercial vehicles
- maps of the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, plus 6 million points of interest
- lifetime HERE traffic service in metropolitan areas available with one-time $60 activation fee
- text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual road names at turns
- allows truck-specific restrictions when routing in the contiguous 48 states and Canada
- lane assistance and junction view
- speed limit indicator and alerts
- automatic IFTA mileage and HOS tracking
- myTrends predicts your destination and automatically provides estimated arrival time
- trafficTrends provides routes based on actual historic travel times due to daily traffic
- ecoRoute calculates a more fuel-efficient route
- transport modes: truck, RV, auto
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 3-band parametric EQ
- high- and low-pass filters
- dual-zone A/V output
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, two rear A/V inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: A/V output; 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Why install a car stereo with built-in GPS?
Imagine taking a trip as your car's receiver gives you directions, finds the best restaurant for dinner, and plays movies for your back seat denizens. Navigation receivers cover all the bases, with GPS guidance, DVD playback, and a host of other useful features. You can search through millions of points of interest to locate gas stations, restaurants, museums, and other interesting spots, wherever you are. Most receivers offer Bluetooth capability for hands-free calling, along with the ability to search through your iPod playlists with touchscreen controls.
Kenwood DNX570TR Reviews
Average Customer Review:
great system not just for rigs and rv's
This unit has everything you could want in a high end deck. I've had no problems what so ever.
Pros: Has more features than I could ever use
Cons: No SD card slot
What's in the box?
- Double-DIN navigation receiver w/ built-in 6.1" monitor (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- Reverse/Brake harness
- GPS antenna (with attached 11.5' cable)
- Self-adhesive magnetic base
- Microphone w/ integrated bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Instruction Manual on CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty card
- "Correction" note
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|AUX Input||Mini (rear)|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|FM Sensitivity||7.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
6.1" Touchscreen Display (w/ Flick Scrolling): The Kenwood DNX570TR features a fixed 6.1" wide, 16:9 touchscreen display with a TFT active matrix system. The screen has a resolution of 800 (H) x 480 (V) x RGB with 1,152,000 total pixels. This unit has touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics, making menu navigation easy. You can scroll screen lists by simply flicking the screen up/down, or scroll screen pages by simply flicking the screen right/left.
- Aspect Ratio: You can change the aspect ratio for video playback. You can select from Full (16:9), Just (4:3 LB), or Normal (4:3), or Auto (automatically selects to match incoming video signal)
- Picture Adjustment: You can adjust the unit's display brightness, contrast, color, tint, sharpness, and black level to suit your viewing needs during video playback.
- Custom Background Images: You can download a still image (800 x 600) for use as the unit's background from a connected USB thumbdrive.
- Custom Top Menu: The Top Menu screen (main menu) features two rows of source & settings icons. The top row has 3 large icons which can be accessed directly, while the bottom row has 12 smaller icons which have to be scrolled through. You can customize the Top Menu by selecting your three favorite source/settings icons as the top 3 icons.
Note: For your convenience, this unit is equipped with a multiple language display. You can select the language which is best suited to your first language; English, French, Spanish, or Portuguese.
Start Up Time: The Kenwood DNX570TR has a start up time of approximately 29.5 seconds from Off to the "Warning" screen. Once the "Warning" screen appears, you can tap the "Agree" button on the head unit's touchscreen to go instantly to the Navigation screen or press the "Menu" hard-key to access the Source menu.
Split Screen AV Control: The DNX570TR's screen views can be easily toggled from one to another simply be touching the screen or appropriate button. The Split Screen AV Control mode divides the screen into two screens, with navigation on the left and a control window on the right. With this Picture-in-Picture type function, the head unit can now display the navigation map screen and basic playback controls for the source screens (or rear-view camera) simultaneously.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the display of video while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (within 4-pin harness) must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle's parking brake is engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit's LCD touchscreen will simply display a blue screen and "Parking Off". While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit's menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, album artwork, and the navigation on-screen map.
Front-Panel Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a rotary-dial along the left edge of the screen. You can adjust the head unit's button illumination from the following preset colors - Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Aqua, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White or Scan (Scans through all preset colors). You can also select a custom "User" color that is adjusted between Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-31). You can save up to 3 custom color presets. The Eject and Kenwood logo remain red, regardless of variable color illumination setting.
Dimmer: The dimmer function will dim this unit's display and button illumination automatically when the vehicle light switch is turned On when you connect orange/white Illumination wire of this player's harness. You can also manually dim the unit's display and button illumination.
Security Indicator: The Security Indicator feature helps to protect the Kenwood DNX570TR against theft. Turning this function "On" allows the security indicator light (red) on the front-panel of the head unit to flash when your vehicle's ignition is off.
2-DIN Chassis: The DNX570TR has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as Double DIN or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Trucker Navigation: The Kenwood DNX570TR has been designed with features that are tailored to the OTR (On The Road) trucking industry.
- Trucker Profile: You can enter data about the rig you're driving (such as odometer reading, width, overall length, height, gross weight, maximum weight per axle, and number of trailers) or what you're hauling (hazardous materials like explosives, compressed gases, flammable liquids or solids, corrosives, etc.). Multiple truck profiles can be stored in the memory. With your truck profile entered, the DNX570TR will display warning icons along your route that affect your travel. Warnings include size/weight restrictions, hazmat restrictions, road conditions (grounding risk, lateral wind, narrow road, sharp curves, steep grades), and upcoming weigh stations. *Entering your vehicle profile does not guarantee that your vehicle's characteristics will be accounted for in all route suggestions. It is your responsibility to account for your vehicle's height, length, weight, and other relevant restrictions when driving.
- Hours Of Service: You can use the Hours Of Service feature to record your working hours, which will help you comply with safety regulations. You can record the following hours of service - Off Duty (record the time you are off duty), Sleeper (record the time you are resting in the sleeper), Driving (record the time you are driving a commercial motor vehicle in operation), or On Duty (record the time you are on duty, but not driving a commercial motor vehicle). *This device is not an approved substitute for paper logbook recording requirements under Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations. Drivers should comply with all applicable federal and state paper logbook requirements.
- IFTA Logging & Jurisdiction Summary: You can use IFTA Logging to archive data needed for International Fuel Tax Agreement documentation, such as fuel-purchase data and miles driven. The jurisdiction summary lists data for each state or province in which your vehicle has operated during each quarter. The jurisdiction summary is only available in some areas.
Note: You can conveniently export all the device's trucking logs for improved reporting and tracking of each trip to a connected USB MSC device.
Garmin/NAVTEQ Navigation: With built-in Garmin navigation software and NAVTEQ map data (CN North America NT 2013), the Kenwood DNX570TR features on-screen maps of the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The built-in maps include over 6-million Points of Interest (POIs) such as hotels, restaurants, gas stations, attractions, parking, airports, ATMs, and more. The built-in navigation software provides you with calculated on-screen routes and audible directions to follow in order to reach your destination safely.
Note: Car navigation maps are frequently updated. While this database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release, a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Software/Map Data Updates: When the preloaded maps are considered out of date, the DNX570TR will provide periodic notification at startup. Garmin software and map updates can be downloaded as required, via microSD memory card. To find a software or map update, please go to www.garmin.com/kenwood.
Note: The unit's microSD-card slot is located on the front-panel hidden behind a flip-out cover (labeled NAV Map). The microSD-card slot is only used for software and map updates. It cannot be used for playback of media files from an microSD memory card.
GPS Receiver & Antenna: The Kenwood DNX570TR employs a high-sensitivity GPS receiver that is forgiving of less than optimal antenna placement, giving you additional placement options. The included GPS antenna that features a self-adhesive base and an attached 11.5' cable terminated by a proprietary plug which connects to GPS-input on the back of the head unit. The GPS antenna is designed to be mounted inside the vehicle on the dash. The GPS antenna measures 1.3125" (w) x 0.625" (h) x 1.4375" (d). The self-adhesive pad measures 2.5625" x 2.5625"
- Update Rate: 1/second, continuous
- Position Accuracy: <6 meters, typical
Note: The first time you turn on this unit, you must wait while the system acquires satellite signals for the first time. This process could take up to several minutes. Make sure your vehicle is outdoors in an open area away from tall building and trees for fastest acquisition. After the system acquires satellites for the first time, it will acquire satellites quickly each time thereafter.
NAVTEQ Traffic: NAVTEQ Traffic receives traffic information that is broadcast over the FM Radio Data System (requires one time $60 activation fee). NAVTEQ Traffic provides real-time traffic data for over 90 major cities in North America, including the United States and Canada. If traffic is congested up ahead or there is a road closure, the navigation system will automatically re-navigate the route to show you how to get to your destination, quickly and easily. Alternatively, in manual mode, the system will add delay time to your trip so you can decide to avoid or continue on your current route. When the unit is receiving traffic information, a traffic icon appears in the upper-left corner of the Map page. The traffic icon changes color to indicate the severity of traffic conditions on your route or on the road you are currently traveling.
|Green||Low severity||Traffic is flowing normally|
|Yellow||Medium severity||Traffic slightly congested|
|Red||High Severity||Traffic is heavily congested or stopped|
|Gray||No data||Traffic data has not updated|
On-Screen Map: The Kenwood DNX570TR displays a real-time moving map illustrating your current position and intended route. It will show map scale and geographic details such as lakes, rivers, highways and towns. Your route is marked with a magenta line. A checkered flag marks your destination. As you travel the DNX570TR guides to your destination with arrows on the map and directions at the top of the screen. The upper-left corner of the screen indicates the distance to your next maneuver. During your calculated route, your arrival time is displayed in the lower left corner, your current speed is shown in the lower right corner. The posted speed limit for most major roads is displayed near the lower right corner as well. The unit allows you to zoom, pan, and point using the touchscreen during navigation. If you depart from the original route, the navigation system recalculates the route and provides new directions.
- Map Detail: You can adjust the amount of detail shown on the map screen. More detail may cause the map to be slower.
- 2D/3D Map View: You can changes the perspective of the map from 2D North-Up (displays the map in 2 dimensions with North at the top), 2D Track-Up (displays the map in 2 dimensions with your direction of travel at the top of the screen), 3D Track-Up (displays the map in 3 dimensions with your direction of travel at the top of screen).
- Vehicle Type: You can change the icon (arrow, station wagon, sports car, compact car, SUV, jeep, RV, or sled) used to display your position on the map.
- Color Mode: Select between Day (for a bright background), Night (for a black background) or Auto (to automatically switch between the two) for the on-screen map.
Text-To-Speech Voice Prompts: The unit's text-to-speech voices "read and speak" the same words that are displayed on the unit's screens. The voices have an extensive vocabulary and they pronounce the street names as you approach turns. Voice prompts can heard from both of your front speakers, only the left front speaker, or only the right front speaker. You can independently adjust the volume (0-35) of the voice prompts without affecting the main volume. The unit only offers English voice prompts in a male or female voice.
Note: You can continue to listen to your music source while navigating. The DNX570TR will mute the music source, when there is a text-to-speech voice prompt. Once the voice prompt has ended, your music volume will automatically raise to previous setting.
Turn/Lane Assistant + Exit Services: While navigating a route, a preview of the next turn, lane change, or other maneuver appears in the upper-left corner of the map. The preview includes the distance to the turn or maneuver and the lane in which you should be traveling, if available. The Exit Services function lets you search roadway exits for truck stops, food, lodging, rest areas, and weigh stations so you are never left guessing what is around the bend. Exit service information is only available on controlled-access roads, such as interstates or motorways.
Speed Limit Alerts: A speed limit icon may appear as you travel on major roadways. This icon displays the current speed limit of the roadway. An audible alert will sound if you travel over the speed limit. The unit's speed limit icon feature is for information only and does not replace the driver's responsibility to abide by all posed speed limit signs and to use safe driving judgment at all times.
Destination & Location Screens: The DNX570TR offers a variety of destination/location screens & functions to help you along your route.
- Where Am I?: The "Where Am I?" feature gives you instant access to important information in case of an emergency. When you select "Where Am I?" from the menu, you get the coordinates (including elevation) of your current position, plus the nearest address and intersections. There are also menus to help you locate the nearest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, and roadside assistance. You can also save the location for future reference.
- Where To? Screen: The Where To? screen provides several
different ways to enter your destination. The navigation system
automatically searches for places near your current location. You can also
choose to have the DNX570TR search for places in a different city, a recent
destination, a favorite destination, projected destination, or along your
- Browse Map: Allows you to search for a destination by touching and dragging the map.
- Go Home: You can store one home location to allow you to calculate a route home from any current location.
- Address/Cities/Intersections: Input your destination address by house number, street, city, and zip-code; search for a city by name or search two intersecting streets.
- POI Category: The detailed maps loaded in this navigation system contain locations, such as restaurants, hotels, parking, auto services, and other POIs (points-of-interest). You can use these categories to browse for nearby businesses and attractions.
- Favorites & Recents: You can save all of your favorite places in the navigation system, so you can quickly navigate to them later. Or, you can choose from one of your most recent destinations or waypoints.
- Coordinates Allows you to search your destination by longitude and latitude values.
- Search Bar + Shortcuts: You can use the Search Bar to search for locations by entering a category, brand name, address, or city name. You can add up to 36 shortcuts to the Where to? menu. A shortcut can point to a location, a category, or a search tool
- Where I've Been/Trip Log: The Where I've Been application allows you to view your previous routes and places you have stopped on the map. In addition, the device keeps a Trip Log, which is a record of the path you have traveled. The Travel History setting must be enabled in order for the Where I've Been and Trip Log features to function.
Route Preferences/Avoidances: The Kenwood DNX570TR offers three transportation modes for navigation methods - Truck, RV, or Automobile. Routing is calculated differently based on your mode. When calculating a route, you can select the following preferences; faster time, shorter distance, less fuel, or off road. You can also program the unit to avoid certain things that may be undesirable on your route; such as U-Turns, Highways, Toll Roads, Carpool Lanes, Unpaved Roads, and Ferries.
Auto Reroute/Detour: If you happen to depart from your original route, the internal navigation system recalculates the route and provides new route instructions. You can also select a specific area to detour around. The navigation system will attempt to get you back on your original route as quickly as possible, after calculating a detour. If the route you are currently taking is the only reasonable option, the DNX570TR might not calculate a detour.
Trip Planner (Multiple Destination Routing): You can create and save a trip with multiple destinations (up to 500 via points) using the Trip Planner. Once you have entered your destinations, you can manually set them in the order of your preference, or allow the device to calculate the most efficient route. Trip itineraries can be saved in memory for future use.
Trip Computer: The trip information page displays your current speed and direction, and provides helpful statistics about your trip. Dual trip odometers keep up with your total mileage. The page also indicates the distance and driving time to your next maneuver, as well as the distance and driving time to your destination. Your maximum speed and moving average speed are also displayed. The information can be reset in advance of your next trip.
Trends: The DNX570TR has the ability to recall frequent destinations and historic traffic information to help calculate your route faster.
- myTrends: The myTrends feature senses when you are driving to a common destination and displays the destination and estimated time of travel in the navigation bar on the map. myTrends does not work when you first begin using your navigation system. To effectively use the myTrends feature, your frequent destinations must be marked as favorites, and a regular pattern of driving habits must be established with three days of regular driving usage.
- trafficTrends: When the trafficTrends feature is enabled, the navigation system uses historic traffic information to calculate more efficient routes. Different routes may be calculated based on traffic trends for the day of the week or based on the time of day.
ecoRoute: The ecoRoute feature calculates your vehicle's fuel economy, carbon footprint, the fuel price of navigating to your destination, and offers tools for improving fuel efficiency. The first time you access the ecoRoute features, you will be asked to enter fuel and mileage information (Fuel Type, City Fuel MPG, HWY Fuel MPG, Fuel Price) about your vehicle.
- Fuel Economy: If you have entered your vehicle profiles and the current fuel price, the DNX570TR calculates fuel used, the average fuel economy for your vehicle, your carbon footprint, and the cost of the fuel consumed.
- At The Pump: At your next fill-up, you can enter in fuel price, amount of fuel used, and the distance you traveled to calculate your vehicle's miles-per-gallon (MPG).
- ecoChallenge Tool: The ecoChallenge tool helps you
maximize your fuel economy by scoring your driving habits. The higher your
overall score for a driving challenge, the more fuel you could save. You
overall score is the average of these 3 scores:
- Speed: gain points for driving at the best speed for conserving fuel, which is 45-60mph for most vehicles.
- Acceleration: gain points for gradual acceleration; lose points for rapid acceleration
- Braking: gain points for gradual braking; lose points for hard braking
- Mileage Report: Mileage reports provide the distance, the time, the average fuel economy, and the fuel cost of navigation to a destination. A mileage report (up to 20) is created for every route that you drive. If you stop a route on your navigation system, a mileage report is created for the distance you traveled.
Note: The data provide by the ecoRoute feature is only an estimate. The data is not actually read from your vehicle.Smartphone Link w/ Garmin Live Services: The free Smartphone Link can be downloaded from the Google Play store. The download includes several Garmin Live Services, as well as premium subscription services. Smartphone Link creates a seamless navigation experience between the Kenwood navigation receiver and your Android smartphone (2.1+). It allows the two devices to share information; such as saved and recently found locations, where you parked, and your current destination. It also links the Kenwood navigation receiver to Garmin Live Services; such as traffic, weather, and fuel prices using your smartphone's current mobile data plan. Garmin Live Services provide the most up-to-date "live" information to the Kenwood navigation receiver using your Android's mobile data plan. There's no need for an additional data connection. Some services are included free when you connect to Smartphone Link; others are available through subscriptions that offer premium content and enhanced features.
- Live Traffic: Garmin Live Traffic provides the best-in-class real-time information to help you navigate in and around congestion. Live Traffic is updated every 2 minutes and receives more than 1,000 messages every update cycle.
- photoLive Traffic Cameras: Provides drivers the ability to look up real-time photos from traffic cameras to get a glance at traffic and weather conditions.
- Real-time Safety Cameras: Alerts you to fixed and mobile safety camera data to help you arrive safely at your destination.
- Fuel Prices: Helps you find the best prices for any grade of fuel in your area or on your route. Just tap the screen and go to your chosen station.
- Dynamic Parking: Helps you locate parking areas close to your destination. It also will provide you with the number of spots available and the current cost of the parking spot.
- Garmin Tracker: Allows you to track the location of your Kenwood navigation receiver and vehicle via myGarmin. You also can send a link via Facebook, Twitter, or email for others to track you as you travel.
- Local Weather (free): Current localized weather, temperature, and forecasts.
- Advanced Weather: In addition to what the free weather service provides, Advanced Weather also allows users to receive severe weather alerts and view animated radar images. Colors distinguish types of precipitation, such as rain, snow and ice, to help you avoid bad driving conditions.
Note: An unlimited data plan is recommended when using Garmin Live Services. Some services may not be available in all areas. Some services may require a paid subscription.
Tools: The DNX570TR offers tools you can use as you travel.
- World Clock: The world clock allows you to display the current time for four locations throughout the world. You can also display a map of the world showing which portions are in daylight and which are in darkness.
- Unit Converter: You can convert distance, speed, area, currency, temperature, volume, and weight.
- Calculator: The calculator allows you to perform simple arithmetic.
Safe Mode: Safe Mode disables all navigation system functions when the vehicle's parking break is disengaged, that require significant operator attention and could become a distraction while driving. You will need to engage the parking brake to enter addresses or other advance navigation functions when you have the unit set to Safe Mode.
Bluetooth Technology: The Kenwood DNX570TR is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (2.1+EDR) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile), OPP 1.1 (Object Push Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood DNX570TR. Visit Kenwood's Support Site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones
SPP (Secure Simple Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Kenwood DNX570TR without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. You can register up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices with the Kenwood head unit (only one paired phone can be used at a time).
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The touchscreen controls of the DNX570TR can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers (All or Front only). During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit's touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately (within 0-99 seconds).
- Dialing a Number: Using the DNX570TR, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from the head unit's touchscreen (your vehicle's parking brake must be engaged).
- Speed (Preset) Dialing: Allows you to register up to 6 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phone Book: You can dial by using the downloaded phone book. You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the DNX570TR. Up to 600 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 32 digits long and each name can be up to 50 characters long. You can search the phone book in alphabetical order.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 each).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level and noise cancellation of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.525" (diameter) x 1.505" (depth).
SMS: You can wirelessly download a SMS text-message arrived at your cell-phone so that it can be read on the Bluetooth-connected Kenwood head unit. You can reply to a SMS test-message by using the head unit's touchscreen to enter alphanumeric text. There is a limited amount of text that can be downloaded or entered. You can also select a quick reply from the head unit's template list; such as "I'm driving right now" or "I will call you later", etc.. Your cell-phone must support SMS via Bluetooth for this feature to function. Do not read incoming messages or reply while driving.
Wireless Audio Streaming (w/ Metadata Display): The Kenwood DNX570TR also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The DNX570TR will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title. The DNX570TR also supports audio streaming of music apps downloaded on your smartphone with metadata display and limited control. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Digital Assistant Control: When paired and connected with an iPhone 4S or 5/5C/5S via Bluetooth (not USB), the Kenwood DNX570TR has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply press-and-hold down on the head unit's "VOICE/TEL" button to engage Siri and use the included microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the DNX570TR and its microphone. The head unit's LCD touchscreen will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Kenwood DNX570TR; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
Note: You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone 4S/5/5C/5S. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Compatible Discs: The unit has a front-loading disc-slot to make loading your disc easier because there is no panel to slide or fold-down. The Kenwood DNX570TR supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R/RW, DTS-CD, and VCD discs. The unit supports MPEG-1/MPEG-2 video & JPEG files recorded on to CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs. It also supports playback of MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV music files loaded onto a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW disc.
USB Port: The Kenwood DNX570TR features a rear-panel Full-Speed 2.0 USB type-A port (attached to the unit's rear-chassis by a 39" cable) for connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The USB port enables playback of MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV audio files; as well as JPEG still-picture files stored on a compatible USB memory device. The DNX570TR also supports video playback of MPEG1/MPEG2 video files from a connected portable USB MSC device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the navigation receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
File Compatibility: The Kenwood DNX570TR supports the following types of audio, video, and photo files recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, Long File Name||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: bit rate of 8-320kbps w/
sampling rates of 8-48kHz
WMA: bit rate of 5-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 8-48kHz
AAC: bit rate of 16-320kbps w/ sampling rates of 32-48kHz
WAV: bit rate of 16-bit w/ sampling rate of 44.1kHz
to 720x480 or 352x280 to720x576 (4.0Mbps)
MPEG-2: 352x240 to 720x480 or 352x280 to 720x576 (4.0Mbps)
|Photo||JPEG: 32x32 to 8192x7680 pixels|
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||250 folders/5,000 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags (ver. 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA-tags, AAC-tags, and WAV-tags|
Folder/Track List: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files stored on a disc or USB device.
Highlight Control (DVD Playback): During DVD playback, you can control certain operations simply by touching an area of the screen. The touchscreen has 4 functions areas. You can touch the left of the screen to start the current chapter over, or the right of the screen to skip to the next chapter. Pressing the top center of the screen activates the DVD disc menu control buttons, while pressing the bottom center activates the source control screen.
Search Functions (USB only): The Kenwood DNX570TR offers unique search functions for USB playback.
- Category Search: You can navigate music stored on your USB memory device by Playlist, Artist, Song, or Album. Once a category is selected, you can search the contents alphabetically.
- Link Search: Link Search allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. The head unit can create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, a artist list of the currently playing genre, or a album list of currently playing composer.
- Picture Search: The unit will display up to eight thumbnails of still-images to choose from. The selected thumbnail will become a full screen image.
Parental Control (DVD only): Parental Control allows you to restrict DVD playback according to a predetermined level. You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password.
Disc Auto Reload: The unit will automatically reinsert a disc if it's ejected, but not removed for 20 seconds or more.
Firmware Updates (via USB): The unit's operating system is updateable via free downloadable software from Kenwood's support site. Firmware downloads assist in maintaining system performance when using external devices and emerging technologies. Firmware/software updates can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive from your computer and then inserted into the head unit's USB port and uploaded. Go to Kenwood's Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
iPod Audio/Video Playback: The Kenwood DNX570TR supports direct connection of your 30-pin or Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone through its rear-panel USB port and 3.5mm input. The DNX570TR offers audio/video playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select Apple iPod/iPhone models. Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you own an older iPod/iPhone with the 30-pin dock connector, you can enjoy audio and video files on your Apple device through the Kenwood DNX570TR. Using Kenwood's KCA-IP202 iPod video cable (113KCIP202, sold separately), you can enjoy audio playback of your stored music and music apps on your iPod/iPhone; plus video playback of your stored movies and video apps on your iPod/iPhone through the Kenwood DNX570TR. If you only desire audio playback, you can use Kenwood's KCA-IP102 iPod cable (113KCIP102, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the DNX570TR.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the Kenwood DNX570TR for audio playback only. You'll be able to listen to stored music and music apps on your Lightning-connector Apple device through the Kenwood DVD receiver. Video playback is not supported.
Note: The unit's rear-panel AV input must be set to "iPod" in order to playback audio/video from your connected iPod/iPhone, using the KCA-IP202 cable. The unit's rear-panel AV input must be set to "AV-IN2" in order to use the Kenwood KCA-IP102 iPod cable or the cable that came with your Apple device for audio playback only.
iPod/iPhone Control: The Kenwood DNX570TR lets you control your iPod/iPhone from the head unit's touchscreen, your iPod/iPhone's touchscreen/clickwheel, or a downloaded app.
- Head Unit Control Mode: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music library by Playlist, Artists, Album, Song, Genre, Song, Podcast, or Audiobook. Your iPod's video library can be searched by Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, TV Show, Video Podcast, Rented Movie, or iTunesU. You can then search each of these categories using the head unit's touchscreen slider function (categories will be listed in alphabetical order). The head unit also supports basic playback functions such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random of your connected iPod/iPhone. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ will still allow you to navigate stored music and movies from the Apple device's touchscreen; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- iPod/App Control Mode: The iPod/App control mode allows you to navigate stored music and movies from your older Apple device (iOS 5.1.1 and earlier). You'll still have access to basic playback controls (like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track) from the head unit, but advanced navigation functions will be locked. The iPod/App mode also lets you listen to your favorite music apps, streamed to your 30-pin or Lightning-connector iPhone (iOS 3.0+) through the Kenwood head unit and your vehicle's speakers. You can even watch video on the Kenwood navigation receiver's touchscreen from select streaming movie apps (like Netflix) downloaded on your iPhone 4/4S (iOS 4.0+), via the Kenwood KCA-IP202 iPod video cable (sold separately). Not all apps will be compatible and control will be limited.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
Song/Artist Info & Album Art: In Head Unit Control mode, the DNX570TR will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music information including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art. There is no music information displayed when this unit is set to iPod/App Control mode. Instead, the head unit will display "iPhone App and iPod Control Mode" (song/artist information will need to viewed on your iPod/iPhone's LCD screen).
Battery Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood DNX570TR is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 2/25/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Bluetooth||Display Type||iTunes Tagging||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/App||Pandora/iHeart/Aha||Phone||Audio||Siri||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art|
- *If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5/5C/5S; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. These Apple devices only support audio playback (no video output).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Built-In HD Tuner: With its built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio significantly improves AM/FM audio quality and reception, as well as includes information such as artist name and song titles or traffic news, viewable on the receiver's display. HD Radio Technology will deliver high-quality digital sound. AM digital will have FM-like quality in stereo (70dB SN @ 40-15kHz), while FM digital will have CD-like quality (70 dB SN @ 20-20kHz) with static free and clear reception. The unit's built-in HD Radio tuner allows analog AM/FM tuning as well.
- Seek Modes + Direct Access Tuning: You can choose one of three seek modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual. You can also setup the DDX471H to search only HD Radio stations. In addition, you can directly access an AM/FM station by entering in the frequency number using the unit's LCD touchscreen.
- Tuner Presets: The DDX471H's tuner features 3 FM banks (1, 2, 3) and 1 AM bank for storing presets. You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets (total of 24). Not only does the DVD receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
- Station Info & Multicasting: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles; as well as Album Art. In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 8 multicast programs (HD1 to HD8).
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Internet Radio Apps: The Kenwood DNX570TR allows you to access Pandora, iHeartRadio, and Aha Radio online music services through your USB-connected iPhone or Bluetooth-connected Android/Blackberry smartphone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the DNX570TR via the Kenwood KCA-iP102 cable (sold separately, or the cable supplied with your iPhone. Your Android or Blackberry smartphone must support A2DP/ AVRCP/SPP Bluetooth profiles and be paired with the Kenwood DNX570TR. Your iPhone, Android smartphone, or Blackberry device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Pandora App (for iPhone/Android/Blackberry): The free Pandora App (either from iTunes Apps, Google Play, or BlackBerry App World) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Kenwood DNX570TR using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Bluetooth paired Android/Blackberry smartphone. The Kenwood DNX570TR provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. An active Pandora account is required.
- iHeartRadio Link (for iPhone/Android): The free iHeartRadio Link app for Kenwood (either from iTunes Apps or Google Play) lets you play music from the iHeartRadio music service through the Kenwood DNX570TR using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+), or Bluetooth paired Android smartphone (2.2+). The iHeartRadio music service provides access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from coast-to-coast (including pop, country, urban, rock, talk, and sports). The DNX570TR will provide control over the iHeartRadio Link app, as well as display station identification and song/artist information. From the head unit's front-panel controls, iHeartRadio stations can be searched by the following categories (Local, Genre, City, or My Stations). The Local selection provides a list of radio stations in your local listening area. The unit also provides over 22 Genres to choose from (including pop, country, hip-hop, jazz, etc.) to help you find the right radio station for you. In addition, you can search for radio stations by City. Cities can be searched alphabetically (A-Z). You can even store your favorite stations (My Stations) for easier, quicker access. An active iHeartRadio account is required.
- Aha Radio App (for iPhone/Android): The Kenwood navigation receiver offers compatibility with the free Aha Radio app for your USB-connected iPhone (iOS 4.3+) or Bluetooth-paired Android smartphone (2.2+); available from iTunes Apps or Google Play. Aha Radio provides you with up to the minute content made available from the convenience of Kenwood's front-panel controls and LCD screen. Listen to the latest Facebook updates or Tweets from your friends. Listen to thousands of stations that include internet radio, podcasts, and audiobooks. Receive traffic information, restaurants and coffee locations personalized to you instantly, safely, and easily. An active Aha Radio account is required.
Note: Access to these Internet Radio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android/Blackberry smartphone to connect to the Internet. Not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM Ready: The Kenwood DNX570TR comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
Channel List w/ Category Search: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category.
Song/Artist Info: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
Presets: Up to 24 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets can be saved.
Instant Replay: Supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content.
Alerts: Song/Artist Alert notifies when your favorite songs or artists are being broadcast on any SiriusXM station. GameAlert will display an on-screen message if your favorite teams' games are being broadcast.
iTunes Tagging: iTunes Tagging lets you 'tag' songs you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your USB-connected iPod/iPhone, so the next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes you will be able to preview your selections, purchase songs, and download them directly from iTunes.
Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood DNX570TR utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood DNX570TR is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the DNX570TR are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/2V Preamp Outputs + Sub Control: The DNX570TR features front, rear and subwoofer 2.0-volt preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Kenwood DNX570TR offers the following subwoofer controls, when you have the unit's subwoofer preamp output activated.
- Low Pass Filter: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Filter control for the preamp-output, when the output is set to Subwoofer. You can select from 50, 60, 80, Hz, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, or 'Through' (off).
- Subwoofer Phase: You can adjust the phase of the subwoofer output between 180-degrees (Reverse) or 0-degrees (Normal).
- Subwoofer Level: Once the Subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level (-50 to +10) from the navigation receiver.
Front & Rear High-Pass Filter: The DNX570TR features an independent High-Pass Crossover for the front & rear channels when your front & rear speakers are connected by the unit's speaker-outputs or preamp-outputs. You can adjust the high-pass crossover from 'Through' (off), 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, or 220 Hz. The "Through" selection is a full-range setting. This feature is very helpful when you have smaller-type speakers in the front and larger-type speakers installed in the rear of the vehicle.
Speaker Type Setting: This feature tailors the DNX570TR according to the type of front speakers in your vehicle. You may select Standard (for speakers with a general diameter), Narrow (for speakers with a small diameter), Middle (for speakers with a medium diameter), or Wide (for speakers with a large diameter).
Equalizer: Eight EQ curves are preset into memory, allowing you to recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music. Each preset has its own level settings for bass (100Hz), midrange (1kHz), and treble (12.5kHz). You can choose from the following preset EQ curves - Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Natural, Flat, and User. The DNX570TR features independent Bass, Treble, and Midrange control when the Preset EQ is in User mode. EQ Pro allows you to adjust the following settings for the Bass, Treble and Mid frequency levels.
|Center Frequency||Q-Factor||Bass Extension||Level|
|Bass||40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100, 120, or 150 Hz||1.00, 1.25, 1.50, or 2.00||On/Off||-8 to +8|
|Midrange||0.5k, 1.0k, 1.5k, or 2.0k Hz||1.00 or 2.00||N/A|
|Treble||10.0k, 12.5k, 15.0k, or 17.5k Hz||N/A||N/A|
Note: You can store bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (Disc, Tuner, AV, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, and Pandora).
Sound Enhancements: The head unit provides further sound enhancements for your car audio system.
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes.
- Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to +6.
- Dynamic Range: The dynamic range can be adjusted by selecting either Normal, Wide or Dialog. Dialog makes the total sound volume become larger as compared with Wide and Normal, allowing you to listen to the movie's dialogue more clearly. This is effective only on Dolby Digital software.
Source Beep: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm source selection. This function can be turned On or Off.
Dual A/V Inputs: The Kenwood DNX570TR navigation receiver is fitted with two rear-panel 3.5mm audio/video inputs. The AV2 input also serves as the A/V input for your USB-connected iPod (using proprietary Kenwood cable). The optional Kenwood AV cable (113CAC3AV, sold separately) provides composite video/stereo RCA audio inputs. You can label each AV Input.
Camera Input: The unit features a composite video input for connecting an optional rear view camera, such as the Kenwood CMOS-210 (113CMOS210, sold separately). The video from this connection can be set to display when switched to this input, or display the rear view camera video automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear. The purple/white wire (attached to the rear chassis) must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching. Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.2 seconds.
A/V Output (with Dual Zone): The unit features a composite video jack and 3.5mm audio jack to output A/V signals to an optional monitor and headphone system. The unit's A/V output can be set to Disc, Video, iPod, or Off. You can adjust the volume of the 2nd Zone independently from 0 to 35. You can select between a 16:9, 4:3 LB, or 4:3 PS Aspect Ratio for the unit's video output to match your connected monitor.
Note: You cannot select iPod as the A/V Output source when you select Pandora as a main source in dual zone function.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
OEM Integration: This Kenwood multimedia head unit is compatible with the iDatalink Maestro RR (794ADSMRR, sold separately); a web programmable module that will permit the aftermarket Kenwood head unit to work with select Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles that feature the factory SYNC system; as well as select GM vehicles with factory OnStar. The iDatalink Maestro RR lets Ford or GM owners swap out their factory radio for this aftermarket Kenwood multimedia head unit; while retaining the Ford Sync system, GM OnStar, U-Connect, steering wheel controls, hands-free Bluetooth, USB interface (Ford only), Satellite Radio, and 911 assist. You also get to keep the hands-free mic that comes with the car (which is specially tuned to that particular vehicle). In some installations, the iDatalink Maestero RR lets you configure the head unit to operate interior climate controls and provides extra visual data; such as User Selectable Gauges, Vehicle Info (Tire Pressure/Battery Voltage/Check Engine Codes/Door Ajar Warning), and Visual Park Assist.
- Ford/Lincoln/Mercury: When installed in a compatible Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicle, the iDatalink Maestro RR requires the use of the iDatalink Maestro ADS-HRN(SR)-FOR01 installation harness (794HRNSRF1, sold separately) and must also be connected to your Windows PC so it can be flashed with the SR-FOR01-DS2 firmware update.
- GM: When installed in a compatible GM vehicle, the iDatalink Maestro RR requires the use of the iDatalink Maestro ADS-HRN(SR)-GMS05 installation harness (794HRNGMS5, sold separately) and must also be connected to your Windows PC so it can be flashed with the SR-GMS05-DS firmware update.
- Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep: When installed in a compatible Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicle, the iDatalink Maestro RR requires the use of the iDatalink Maestro installation harness (794HRNSRC1, sold separately) and must also be connected to your Windows PC and flashed so it can be flashed with the SR-CHR01-DS firmware update.
Note: The Kenwood head unit features an OEM Setup menu that must be configured with your Ford SYNC or GM OnStar factory system before initial operation.
Optional Remote Control: The optional Kenwood KNA-RCDV331 IR wireless remote control (113RCDV331, sold separately) unit is designed to operate this Kenwood multimedia head unit. The wireless remote controller operates off of two supplied "AAA" batteries. The remote operates off of IR transmission so the KNA-RCDV331 must be pointed at the front-panel of the Kenwood head unit within direct line of sight.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
Short answer is YES you do. [ MICHAEL Feb 14, 2015 ]
This would require a seperate receiver for SiriusXM. You can see the compatible receiver here: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_220SXV300/SiriusXM-SXV300V1-Tuner.html [ Jeff Feb 06, 2015 ] Staff