Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Want to pump some serious power into your system without pumping too much cash out of your bank account? Then the powerful and affordable Kenwood KAC-629S is the amplifier for you!
Kenwood loaded this amplifier with components not usually found in this price range: MOSFET power supplies, extra-large capacitors, copper-shielded EE core transformers, and toroidal noise filters. Translation the KAC-629S will keep your music crisp and clean even at the highest sound levels.
- stereo or bridged mono output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- 75 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- 150 watts x 1 in bridged mode
- requires 10-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 80 Hz selectable low-pass crossover, 18 dB/octave
- 150 Hz selectable high-pass crossover, 12 dB/ octave
- speaker-level inputs
- 4-way protection circuitry
- signal-to-noise ratio 100 dB
- dimensions: 9-7/8"W x 2-1/4"H x 9-7/8"D
- 1-year warranty
Kenwood KAC-629S Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Good amp powering my 12" sub never an issue
Pros: ITs small durrable and cool
Cons: Not that ive found yet
What's in the box?
- 2-Channel amplifier with one 25 amp fuse
- Rubber terminal cover
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Instruction Manual (English)
- Instruction Manual (French/Spanish)
- Warranty Card
Ground Isolation Circuit: This circuit cancels noise from the input of the negative side of the RCA cable, preventing vehicle electrical noise from interfering with the music.
Quiet Turn-On: This feature allows the amplifier to power up over a period of several milliseconds instead of instantaneously, protecting your speakers from thumps and other sounds that could be damaging.
Internal Crossover: The internal crossover is a 12dB/octave crossover that can be set for 80Hz low-pass or 150Hz high-pass operation. The crossover may be turned off for full-range output.
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Filter Switch: Allows you to select full range, 80Hz low-pass, or 150Hz high-pass crossover operation
- Stereo/L+R/Mono Switch: Allows you to choose stereo, mono or L+R amplifier operation. In L+R mode, the left and right signals are combined before being amplified.
- Input Sensitivity: This variable control allows you to adjust the input sensitivity of the amplifier from 0.2V-5V.
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Line In: Gold-plated stereo RCA jacks
- Speaker Level Input: Screw terminals (each terminal is 0.25" wide)
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- Speakers: Gold-plated screw terminals (each terminal is 0.35" wide)
- BATT (power): Gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.35" wide)
- GND (ground): Gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.35" wide)
- P.CON (remote turn-on): Gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.35" wide)
- Fuse: Inserted 25-amp fuse
Maximum Power Output:
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 350 watts x 1
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 120 watts x 2
Rated Power Output:
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 150 watts x 1
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 75 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 60 watts x 2
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.