The variable color indicator on a Kenwood Excelon amplifier cycles through seven bright colors or remains locked onto your favorite for constant illumination. The indicator starts flashing if your amp goes into protect mode, so you'll know what's wrong at a glance just by the color of the flash!
But beneath the intensely cool exterior of these amplifiers is where the real action takes place. For inside the rugged cover lurks a MOSFET-fueled beast, armed with efficient power supplies and large secondary capacitors that send power tearing through your system!
Kenwood has incorporated a sophisticated Bass Management System into Excelon amps BMS applies a 12 decibel bass boost (variable from 40-100 Hz), allowing you to tune low end output with a stunning degree of accuracy. Connected to a compatible Kenwood Excelon receiver (with BMS controls and an external amp lead), you gain even more control with a choice of 6, 12, or 18 dB of bass boost from the comfort of the driver's seat! A built-in infrasonic filter enhances performance by eliminating power-robbing inaudible frequencies.
If your speakers or subs are up to the job, the KAC-X520 amp will make them sing. You'll enjoy clean Kenwood Excelon power, thanks MOSFET output devices, superior construction, and ultra-effective built-in crossovers (variable 50-200 Hz: 18 dB per octave low-pass, 12 dB per octave high-pass).
- 125 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 250 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms in bridged mode
- stereo or bridged mono output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- infrasonic filter (15 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- 50-200 Hz crossovers: 12 dB/octave high-pass, 18 dB/octave low-pass
- 12 dB bass boost variable from 40-100 Hz (expandable to 6/12/18 dB when connected to a Kenwood Excelon receiver equipped with BMS controls)
- Bass Management System
- preamp outputs
- fan cooling
- speaker short, low battery, thermal overload, and DC protection
- variable color indicator
- gold-plated terminals
- requires 4-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 2" wide detachable terminal covers
- 17-9/16"W x 2-5/16"H x 12-1/2"L
- 2-year warranty