Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Mount this great-looking Kenwood KGC-9044 EQ/crossover in a DIN-sized opening in your dash, and fine-tune your multi-amp system without leaving the driver's seat. Three pairs of preamp outputs (front, rear, and non-fading for your sub amp) give you maximum flexibility in designing your system. These gold-plated preamp output jacks pump out a 4-volt signal, for maximum dynamic range, signal-to-noise ratio, and signal integrity, with minimal distortion.
Selectable high- and low-pass electronic crossovers (each with selectable full-range pass-through) let you send each amp the precise frequencies your speakers require. You get an 11-band equalizer with 12 dB boost or cut on each band, and your choice of 8 high-pass and 3 low-pass settings on the crossovers. Choose from 6 factory-preset EQ curves, or program in 3 EQ settings of your own creation. A multicolor 11-band spectrum analyzer gives a cool visual display of the sonic contours you've selected.
If you're planning on installing the KGC-9044 under your dash, we'll send you a free mounting kit. Just add item #120999000 to your order.
Important Note: This unit has no built-in amplifier must be used in conjunction with one or more external amplifiers.Details:
- detachable face
- 11-band equalizer, 12 dB boost or cut for each band
- 11-band multicolor spectrum analyzer display with white LED backlight
- 3 sets of gold-plated 4 volt preamp outputs: front, rear, and non-fading
- 6 factory-preset EQ curves
- 3 user-programmable EQ curves
- display contrast and dimmer adjustment
- low-pass electronic crossover (50/80/120 Hz)
- high-pass electronic crossover (40/60/80/120/150/180/220 Hz)
- signal-to-noise ratio 88 dB
- THD 0.01%
- 7-3/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 6-11/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
Kenwood KGC-9044 Reviews
What's in the box?
- 11-Band in-dash spectrum analyzer with 3-amp blade fuse in chassis
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- 8 ISO screws
- Metal backstrap with screw and washer
- 2 Removal tools
- 2 Face-locking screws
- 2 Self-adhesive foam spacers
- Manual (English/Spanish/French)
- Warranty Card
- Correction to manual
- Car audio passport (required to purchase new face)
Display: This EQ uses a flip down, detachable multi-color display. The display shows an 11-band spectrum analyzer using white, green, and blue colors. Amber indicators show the EQ pattern selected. There are 11 selectable patterns:
- Scan Mode (demo mode cycles between all patterns every five seconds
- Peak Hold
- Side Wave
- EQ Curve
Note: The spectrum analyzer may also be turned off.
EQ Presets: Pressing the EQ button for over one second sets the EQ to flat. Presets are:
- Loud 1
- Loud 2
- Loud 3
Note: You can also enter three of your own settings into memory.
Equalizer Adjustment: The center frequencies are 60Hz, 120Hz, 250Hz, 380Hz, 500Hz, 750Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz and 16kHz. Each of these frequencies can be raised or lowered in 2dB steps by +/-12dB.
Menu Functions: The built in menu system which allows you to set the following:
- Fader: You can fade between the front and rear outputs (the sub out is non-fading),
- High Pass Filter: Independent settings for the Front and/or Rear RCA Outputs. Can be set to Off (pass through); 40Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz or 220Hz. (the slope is 12dB/Octave).
- Low Pass Filter: For the subwoofer (non-fading) output. Can be set to Off (pass through), 50Hz, 80Hz, or 120Hz (the slope is 12dB/Octave).
- Subwoofer Preout Level: You can adjust the output level of the non-fading preamp outputs between -80 to +10dB.
- Analyzer Level: You can set the relative level of the spectrum analyzer display between 0-10.
- LCD Contrast Level: You can increase or decrease the contrast of the menu display on a scale of 0-10. This does not effect the spectrum analyzer display, it simply adjusts the contrast of the menu portion of the display.
- Rear/Front Output Boost: Changes the preamp output level of the front and rear RCA outputs to High (4V) or Low (1V) in case the amplifiers being used with the unit can not accept a 4V input.
Input Sensitivity Adjustment: You can adjust the input sensitivity of the unit (based on the source unit's output) from 1 to 4 volts using a small screw behind the faceplate.
Size: This is a full DIN-sized component that can either be used in a dash which accommodates an additional full size equalizer or which can be mounted under the dash using an optional underdash mount.
|Euro-DIN (E)||ISO-DIN (I, J)|
Wiring: The harness which comes with this unit has:
- Black wire for ground
- Orange illumination wire (when connected will dim display when the vehicle's lights are turned on).
- Yellow constant power wire
- Blue/white remote turn on wire
- 1 pair RCA preamp inputs
- 1 pair Front RCA preamp outputs
- 1 pair Rear RCA preamp outputs
- 1 pair Non Fading (Subwoofer) RCA preamp outputs
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.