Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The KNA-NT100 traffic receiver adds the finishing touch to your Kenwood in-dash navigation system. You'll receive up-to-the-minute traffic reports from NAVTEQ in almost every major metropolitan area, so your Kenwood navigation receiver can show you the fastest way to your destination. Best of all, you'll pay no subscription fees. The KNA-NT100 works with Kenwood's DNX6960, DNX6160, and DNX5160 receivers, as well as the KNA-G610 navigation module.
- NAVTEQ traffic tuner
- traffic info available in 80 metropolitan areas in the U.S.
- works with Kenwood's DNX6960, DNX6160, and DNX5160 receivers, KNA-G610 navigation module
- no subscription fees
- warranty: 1 year
Kenwood KNA-NT100 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Better than FM
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Just added this product to a KNA-G610 Kenwood Garmin unit. I must say it works far quicker and more reliably than the other FM tuner that comes with most Garmin units.
The ads are very small and unobtrusive and well worth the lifetime subscription to updated on-time traffic information.
2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This was a nice add on for my kenwood DNX -6960. Helps the GPS stay up to date with the traffic and me on time.
What's in the box?
- NAVTEQ traffic receiver module (with attached 5' cable terminated by a right-angle mini-USB type-B connector)
- 12" Antenna adapter cable (with a female motorola plug on one end and a Fakra connector on other end)
- 12" Antenna adapter cable (with a male motorola connector on one end and a Fakra connector on other end)
- Four 8" wire-ties
- Installation Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
Overview: The Kenwood KNA-NT100 NAVTEQ Traffic Receiver receives real-time traffic data from NAVTEQ and displays it on your compatible 2010-up Kenwood in-dash navigation head unit's video display. Real-time traffic is delivered over FM radio using a radio data system (RDS) sub-carrier channel. NAVTEQ Traffic offers the following real-time traffic services.
- Comprehensive, reliable nationwide coverage
- Traffic flow conditions with speed values
- Unplanned incidents such as accidents and stalled vehicles
- Planned incidents such as road construction and closures
- Traffic data designed for seamless integration with digital map content
Note: Because NAVTEQ traffic is subsidized by unobtrusive pop-up advertising there is no subscription fees. Service is offered in 80 US Markets
Compatibility: The Kenwood KNA-NT100 NAVTEQ Traffic Receiver is compatible with the following 2010-up Kenwood navigation units:
NAVTEQ Traffic: NAVTEQ Traffic provides the traffic flow and incident information for the NAVTEQ Traffic RDS service. This data is collected from multiple sources across the country, including leading commercial traffic data providers, government departments of transportation, police and emergency services, road sensors, cameras, and real-time aircraft reports. NAVTEQ Traffic frequently performs extensive data quality processing to provide the most complete and accurate nationwide traffic information feed.
NAVTEQ Traffic Technologies: NAVTEQ Traffic's highly-accurate data is a result of combining the right sources with the right processing:
- Proprietary Sensors: NAVTEQ operates the world's largest proprietary sensor network, and their highly accurate sensor network covers 35% more roadway than the nearest competitor.
- Probe: Robust commercial and consumer GPS and cellular probes improve coverage and accuracy.
- Data Validation: Proprietary data corroboration and verification methods check and recheck data accuracy.
- Data Processing: NAVTEQ's Smart Traffic Processor blends and optimizes the widest array of traffic information to provide comprehensive and reliable real-time traffic information. Unique processing capabilities combine and prioritize multiple data sources to provide the most accurate speed values possible.
Installation: The Kenwood NAVTEQ Traffic Receiver installs between your compatible Kenwood navigation head unit and your vehicle's antenna cable. The KNA-NT100 consists of two Fakra connectors and comes with a female Motorola adapter cable, as well as a male Motorola adapter cable that allow the KNA-NT100 to be installed in series between your vehicle's antenna and your Kenwood navigation head unit. The adapter cables plug into the KNA-NT100's Fakra connectors, while your vehicle's antenna cable plugs into the female Motorola adapter cable of the KNA-NT100, and the male Motorola adapter cable of the KNA-NT100 plugs into the antenna port on your Kenwood navigation unit. The KNA-NT100 also features an attached 5' cord terminated by a mini-USB type-B connector which needs to be plugged into the mini-USB port on back of your Kenwood navigation receiver for content, control, and power transfer. The NAVTEQ Traffic Receiver features an integrated self-adhesive mount and comes with four wire-ties for cable management.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.