Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
A complete audio upgrade package
If your boat's sound system is as crackly and harsh as the VHF radio, it's definitely time for an upgrade. This package from Kenwood is the perfect starting point for a new system, with a versatile, durable marine CD receiver and a set of rugged 6-1/2" marine speakers. You'll get the big, clear sound you want at a price that'll keep your bank account above water.
Built for life on the water
Kenwood designed the KMR-D358 CD receiver to stand up to salt, spray, sunlight, and rough weather, with snug-fitting input covers and a conformal-coated circuit board that keeps moisture from seeping in and causing damage. These no-nonsense features keep the music playing, so you can relax and enjoy a fun day of boating.
Multiple media options
The handy front-panel USB does more than just let you plug in and enjoy your playlists. With a connected iPhone, 3G service, and AppMode, you can tune in your favorite Pandora®, iHeart Radio, Aupeo, or TuneIn Internet radio stations while you're on the water. If you're an Android user, you can download the free Kenwood Music Control app to organize playlists and quick and enjoy easy search capability from the Kenwood receiver. When you're listening to your music, Kenwood's made finding the right tunes easy with dedicated "search" and "return" buttons, plus handy tools like "Alphabet," "% Skip," and "Related Search."
Now you see it
The 13-digit, 1-1/2 line LCD display makes it easier to see what's playing, and you can choose from a variety of display colors. If you're installing the KMR-D358 in an out-of-the-way spot, you can use a Kenwood wired marine remote (not included) to control your receiver from the helm.
You can also liven up your cruise by loading in a CD full of MP3 or WMA music files, plugging in a thumb drive, or by jacking another device into the front-panel aux input. If you're a satellite radio fan, add a SiriusXM tuner (subscription required) to enjoy all your favorite music, sports, and talk, even when you're miles offshore. You can use the 3-band equalizer to optimize audio performance, and you'll find the three sets of preamp outputs handy if you want to add amps and subs to your boat.
A sound advantage
Kenwood's KFC1633MRW marine speakers pair up perfectly with this receiver. The durable 2-way design ensures plenty of low-end punch, with excellent clarity in the vocals and instrumentals. The rugged polypropylene woofer features a water-resistant design, while the balanced-dome tweeter is built into the white grille for an extra measure of splash protection, durability, and style.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- package includes Kenwood KMR-D358 marine CD receiver and KFC1633MRW 6-1/2" 2-way marine speakers
KMR-D358 marine CD receiver
- marine CD receiver with built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak × 4 channels)
- detachable face with 1-1/2 line display and variable illumination
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- optional wired remote control
- waterproof, conformal coated circuit boards
- 3-band EQ with six preset tone curves
- sound reconstruction improves compressed music playback
- plays music from your iPod, iPhone, or Android
- works with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary input and USB port
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt front, rear, sub)
- detachable face with 1-1/2 line display and variable illumination
- optional wired remote control
- warranty: 1 year
KFC1633MRW marine speakers
- 2-way 6-1/2" marine speakers with white grilles
- polypropylene cones with rubber surrounds
- 1" balanced dome tweeters
- power range: 2-32 watts RMS (100 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 65-20,000 Hz
- top-mount depth: 2-1/4"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kenwood Marine Receiver/Speakers Package Reviews
Average Customer Review:
kenwood receiver speaker package
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Stereo sounds great in my boat. Even when driving the boat the stereo has enough power to be heard over engine noise.
Pros: easy to install, sounds great for the price
Cons: display is hard to see in bright sunlight
works better than expectedcrnelius
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The radio picks up stations where others won't.am and fm.
Pros: remote not purchased all other features tested and work great.
Cons: Well built and looks nice.
What's in the box?
- Kenwood KMR-D358: Marine CD receiver (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Face (attached)
- Trim ring (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- 2 Removal tools
- Face-fixing screw
- Instruction Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
- Warranty Card
- Kenwood KFC-1633MRW:
- 2 Marine speakers
- 2 Grilles (installed)
- Eight M4 x 30mm screws
- 8 Speed-clips
- Installation Instructions (En/Fr/Sp)
- Cutout Template
- Important Safeguards
- Warranty Card
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||22 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2.5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|FM Sensitivity||8.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
Marine Rated: At the factory, the Kenwood KMR-D358 Marine receiver has a special water-resistant conformal coating placed on its main circuit board. This protects the circuitry from the harsh, corrosive marine environment.
Water Resistant Covers (optional): Even though the conformal coating makes the receiver water-resistant, it is still recommended that it be used with a universal marine cover such as the Metra (120999005B, sold separately) or Scosche (142ACM1, sold separately).
Two-Way Marine Speakers: The 6.5" two-way marine speakers (KFC-1633MRW) feature a water-resistant polypropylene cone woofer with rubber surround, 3/4" balanced dome tweeter, and white protective grille. The speakers have a frequency response of 65-20kHz and can handle up to 30 watts RMS of power (100 watts peak), with a sensitivity of 84dB. Speaker dimensions are as follows:
- Mounting Height: 1.0"
- Mounting Depth: 2.1875"
- Frame Diameter: 6.9375"
- Cut Out Diameter: 5.125"
- Bolt Pattern: 3.9375" apart
Note: Stainless steel hardware and cutout template is included.
USB Port: The Kenwood KMR-D358 features a front panel USB (type-A) port that is hidden behind a flip-up cover. The USB port enables connection and control of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The unit supports playback of MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA (32-192 kbps), and WAV music files stored on a compatible USB memory device formatted with FAT12/16/32 file system. Your USB device should only have a maximum of 8 folder layers, 999 folders, and 999 files per folder - with a maximum of 20,480 files and folders. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: When a mass-storage class (MSC) compatible smartphone is connected to the head unit's USB input, the unit's Drive Change features lets you select its internal memory or external memory (such as an SD card) for stored music playback. The Drive Change feature also lets you switch between multiple memory cards (up to 5) in a USB multi-card reader or multiple USB thumbdrives (up to 5) connected to a USB hub.
Music Control for Android Smartphone: The Kenwood Music Control app for Android organizes your Android smartphone's music, while providing quick and easy search capability from the Kenwood CD receiver. The free Kenwood Music Control App for Android can be downloaded onto your Android smartphone from the Google Play App Store. Your Android smartphone must be running Android OS Froyo or Gingerbread (2.2+). Once the app is downloaded and has a chance to organize all the stored music on your Android smartphone, you can connect your Android smartphone to the Kenwood CD receiver via USB (your compatible Android smartphone must be recognized as a USB mass storage class device; not compatible with MTP protocol). The Kenwood Music Control app offers the following Android supported functions.
- Song Management: Music stored in your Android smartphone can be navigated from the Kenwood CD receiver. Songs can be easily selected by searching for a Song title, Artist name, Album label, or Genre.
- Song Information Display: Song information such as Artist name, Song title, and Album label are displayed on the connected Kenwood CD receiver.
- Mood Playlist: Playlists can be created by classifying songs into categories by type of mood. Songs are analyzed and classified into the following categories of moods - High Energy (Active/Powerful/Core), Acoustic (Detailed/Simple/Smooth/Easy), Standard (Dynamic/Rockin/Vivid), Stylistic (Cool/Urban/Trance)
- Intro Skip: This function allows you to choose and listen to only the hook-lines of songs stored in your Android smartphone.
Note: When the Kenwood Music Control app is first downloaded it will require some time to populate all the music, so we suggest doing this overnight.
Music Editor Compatible: The Kenwood KMR-D358 supports the PC application, Kenwood Music Editor Lite Kenwood's Music Editor Lit (v1.1.0). Kenwood Music Editor Lite is a Windows-based desktop software that helps organize, manage and transfer MP3/WMA music files to your USB thumbdrive from your PC. When you playback audio files that have been stored on your USB thumbdrive using Kenwood Music Editor Lite through this unit, you can search a file by title, album, or artist name using the head unit's Music Search function. The Kenwood Music Editor Light (v1.1.0) Windows-based software can be downloaded for free from Kenwood's website to your PC. The Kenwood Music Editor Light is compatible with the following Windows Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Windows XP Professional, Home Edition SP2 or later (32-bit)
- Windows Vista (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
- Windows 8
Note: Not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Zune, or Android
Aux In: The unit is equipped with a front panel 3.5mm minijack auxiliary input that can be used to input audio from a portable audio source, such as a portable MP3 player. The Aux input must be turned on to function. The KMR-D358 allows you to select the source type displayed when using the auxiliary input. You can choose from AUX, DVD, Portable, Game, Video, or TV. The unit has three aux input modes.
iPod Direct Connection: The Kenwood KMR-D358's front-panel USB port can be used to connect your 30-pin dock connector or Lightning-connector iPod/iPhone to the head unit. The KMR-D358 supports audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of your compatible Apple device.
- 30-Pin Dock Connector: If you have an older iPod/iPhone with a 30-pin dock connector, you can use Kenwood's dock connector-to-USB cable (113KCIP102, sold separately) or the dock connector-to-USB cable that comes with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the KMR-D358.
- Lightning Connector: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone with the Lightning-connector, you can use the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect your iPod/iPhone to the KMR-D358.
Note: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position (if your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it).
iPod Audio Playback w/ DAC Bypass: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music and music apps to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 16-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 105dB. The Kenwood head unit supports audio playback of stored music, podcasts, audiobooks, and music apps on your iPod or iPhone. The KDC-358 provides music control and song/artist information display.
- Music Control: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod's music by Playlist, Artists, Album, Genre, Composer, Song, or Podcast. You can search these categories alphabetically (A-Z) or using a percentage search (0.5%, 1%, 5%, 10%). The head unit also supports Repeat (file) & Random (folder) playback functions of your connected iPod/iPhone. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen. Older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Song/Artist Info: The KMR-D358 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information. The head unit will display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label.
Internet Radio Apps (for iPhone): The Kenwood KMR-D358 allows you to access Pandora and iHeartRadio online music services through your USB-connected iPhone. Your Apple iPhone must be connected to the KMR-D358 via the Kenwood KCA-iP102 cable (sold separately), or the cable supplied with your iPhone. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi.
- Pandora App: The Pandora App (free) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Kenwood KMR-D358 using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Kenwood KCA-iP102 USB/iPod connector cable (sold separately), or the cable supplied with your iPhone. The Kenwood KMR-D358 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can save up to five Pandora stations as presets. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down. To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) with the latest version of the Pandora application from Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
- iHeartRadio Link: The free iHeartRadio Link app for Kenwood from lets you play music from the iHeartRadio music service through the Kenwood KMR-D358 using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+). The iHeartRadio music service provides access to more than 1,500 live radio stations from coast-to-coast (including pop, country, urban, rock, talk, and sports). The KMR-D358 will provide control over the iHeartRadio Link app, as well as display station identification and song/artist information. From the head unit's front-panel controls, iHeartRadio stations can be searched by the following categories (Local, Genre, City, or My Stations). The Local selection provides a list of radio stations in your local listening area. The unit also provides over 22 Genres to choose from (including pop, country, hip-hop, jazz, etc.) to help you find the right radio station for you. In addition, you can search for radio stations by City. Cities can be searched alphabetically (A-Z). You can even store your favorite stations (My Stations) for easier, quicker access. An active iHeartRadio account is required.
Note: Access to the Pandora and iHeartRadio services will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood KMR-D358 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 12/11/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora/iHeart Radio||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The CD slot is hidden behind a manual fold-up cover which blends into the front-panel of the head unit.
MP3/WMA/WAV Playback: The KMR-D358 can play MP3 (8-320 kbps) and WMA (32-192 kbps) music files recorded on CD-R and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, Romeo, and Long file name formats. Each disc can have a maximum of 8 directory levels, 500 folders, and 500 files per folder (500 maximum number of files and folders). During MP3/WMA playback, the unit displays any recorded ID3 Tag (ver. 1.x/2.x) and WMA Tag information - up to 60 characters.
Text Scroll: The KMR-D358 will display MP3/WMA audio file text. You can set the text scrolling feature to three different modes (Auto, Once, or Off) to scroll longer titles across the screen.
Music Search: The Kenwood AM/FM CD receiver features a Music Search feature which allows you to scroll through and select your MP3/WMA music folders and files, as well as scroll through your audio CD's music tracks using the head unit's rotary knob.
Playback Modes: The Kenwood KMR-D358 features the following Repeat, Random, and Scan playback modes.
- Repeat Play: Track, File, or Folder
- Random Play: Disc or Folder
- Scan Play: Track or File (plays the first 10-seconds of each music track on a disc or music file in a folder)
Last Position Memory: If the unit is shut off or switched to the tuner mode while a CD is playing, the next time CD is selected as the source, playback will resume from the point where it left off.
CD Read: This function sets the method for reading a CD disc. You can choose between two modes.
- CD1: Automatically distinguishes between audio file disc and music CD when playing a CD or CD-R/RW disc.
- CD2: When unable to play a special formatted CD, set this function to CD2 to force playing. Some music CD discs may be unplayable even when set to this mode.
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto Reload: If the ejected disc is not removed within 15 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust.
16 Bit D/A Converter: The Kenwood KMR-D358 utilizes a 16-bit digital to analog converter for superior sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood KMR-D358 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the KMR-D358 are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
6ch/2.5V Preamp Outputs: The KMR-D358 features front, rear and subwoofer 2.5-volt preamp outputs. The front and rear speaker preamp outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs are fixed to the rear chassis of the head unit.
Front & Rear High-Pass Filter: The KMR-D358 features a High-Pass Crossover for the front & rear channels when your front & rear speakers are connected by the unit's speaker-outputs or preamp-outputs. You can adjust the high-pass crossover from "Through", 100, 120, or 150 Hz. The "Through" selection is a full-range setting.
Subwoofer Controls: The Kenwood KMR-D358 offers the following subwoofer controls, when you are using unit's subwoofer preamp output.
- Low Pass Filter: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Filter control for the preamp-output, when the output is set to Subwoofer. You can select from 85 Hz, 120 Hz, 160 Hz, or off.
- Subwoofer Phase: You can adjust the phase of the subwoofer output between 180-degrees (Reverse) or 0-degrees (Normal).
- Subwoofer Level: Once the Subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level (-15 to +15) from the CD receiver.
Speaker Settings: The Speaker Setting function tailors the head unit's audio settings according to the type of speakers in your vehicle. You may select a Speaker Setting of 'SP-Off' (flat/off), 'SP-OEM' (for OEM factory speaker systems), 'SP-6x9/6' (for systems with 6" and 6"x9" speakers), or 'SP-5/4' (for systems with 4" and 5" speakers).
Preset EQ: Eight EQ curves are preset into memory, allowing you to recall the best preset EQ curve for different types of music. Each preset has its own level settings for bass, midrange, and treble . You can choose from the following preset EQ curves; Rock, Pops, Easy, Top 40, Jazz, Natural, Drive EQ, or User. The Drive EQ mode is an EQ preset that helps reduce road noise. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's Bass (200Hz) , Midrange (2.5kHz), and Treble (12.5kHz) level from +/- 8dB.
Note: You can store bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (CD, AM/FM, Aux, USB, iPod, and Pandora/iHeart Radio).
Sound Enhancements: The head unit provides further sound enhancements for your car audio system.
- Bass Boost: The Kenwood CD receiver features a Bass Boost control that can be set to the following levels (BB1, BB2, BB3, or Off).
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer lower volumes. There are 3 levels (LV1, LV2, or Off).
- Sound Reconstruction: When MP3 or WMA files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Sound Reconstruction function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When Sound Reconstruction is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.
Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to 0 (-8 to +8 for Aux source).
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The Kenwood KMR-D358 features a built-in RDS AM/FM tuner. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. You can choose one of four tuning methods: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band's preset stations only with each button press), or Manual Tune. The KMR-D358's tuner features 3 FM banks (1, 2, 3) and 1 AM bank for storing presets. The Kenwood KMR-D358 offers two preset modes.
- Normal: You can store 6 presets for each AM/FM bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets (total of 24).
- Mix: A total of 6 preset stations can be assigned to the head unit's 6 preset buttons, regardless of AM/FM band. This lets you recall a preset station without switching between bands.
Note: Not only does the CD receiver's tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
SiriusXM Ready: The Kenwood KMR-D358 comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: The Channel list displays a list of all available channels. You can also search and list channels in specific categories.
- Song/Artist Information: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD.
- Preset Tuning: Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets.
- Replay w/ Smart Favorites: Supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 30 minutes of live content. You can store six of your favorite channels that will automatically be buffered in the background, so when you select one of the Smart Favorite channels, you'll be able to rewind and replay the last 30 minutes of content.
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Detachable Face w/ Hidden CD Slot: The Kenwood KMR-D358 features a hidden CD slot behind a manual flip-up cover which blends into the front-panel of the head unit. The KMR-D358 also features a detachable face to deter theft (no face case provided). An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Variable Color Illumination: The Kenwood KMR-D358 features variable color display and button illumination. You can choose from one of 24 preset colors, have the unit scan through all 24 preset colors continuously, or customize your own color (RGB; 0-9). The custom setting allows you to individually adjust the intensity of Red, Green, and Blue (from 0-9) to better match your vehicle's interior lights. The same color setting is applied to both the display and buttons. The Kenwood logo and eject button remain red.
Brightness & Dimmer: You can dim the LCD and button illumination to better suit the time of day. You can adjust the maximum brightness of the LCD and button illumination from 0-31. The Kenwood logo and eject button do not dim.
12Hr/24Hr Clock: The head unit can be set to display a 12hr or 24hr clock. The unit also displays the day (Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, or Sat).
Display Illumination/Clock Display: With your vehicle's key in the accessory or start position, the head unit continues to display the clock and button illumination during Standby mode. Pressing and holding the source button turns the unit off completely.
Demo Mode: This unit features a Demo mode which can be turned On or Off within the menu.
Optional Wired Remote: The Kenwood KCA-RC35MR wired marine remote control (113RC35MR, sold separately) is designed to withstand the harsh marine environment. The Kenwood add-on wired remote features source selector, music search, and volume control buttons.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
how to install a kenwood kmr-d358 to only two speakers? It comes with instructions for a four (4) speakers hookup but only two (2) speakers set [ Mario Mar 10, 2014 ]