Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Power is the name of the game
The Kenwood Excelon "Gouriki" Series amplifiers sport the Japanese characters that stand for "power" and "strength" because these amps are strong and powerful. "Gouriki" amps feature dual power supplies that deliver more consistent voltage so your amp doesn't break a sweat when you're driving your system hard. Unique circuitry analyzes the signal going to and coming back from your speakers to increase the amp's control over cone movement, for tighter, punchier sound.
The X600F 4-channel amplifier delivers 100 watts RMS per channel to your front and rear speakers, perfect for high-quality component speakers. Or bridge the amp to 2-channel mode, and send up to 300 watts each to a pair of subs. The variable high- and low-pass filters tune your system for maximum efficiency and sound quality, while the bass boost adds extra low-end punch when you want it.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (150 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 300 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- MOSFET power supply
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40-100 Hz)
- preamp inputs and outputs
- cooling fan
- fuse rating: 40A x 2
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 14-15/16"W x 2-5/8"H x 11-1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
My system has plenty of power. Who needs an amp?
You might think you don't need an amp because you have a 400-watt system in your car, or because your new stereo puts out 50 watts a channel. But those are peak wattage ratings, which may boil down to 15 or 20 watts per channel, using the more realistic RMS rating. An amp sends your speakers the power they need to deliver your music with clarity and impact, whether you're using factory speakers or high-performance components. And low-frequency reproduction requires lots of power, so an amp is an absolute must if you're adding a sub to your system.
Kenwood Excelon X600F Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
when i had my amp installed it made my sounds outstanding.
Pros: everything about this amp is a pro to me.
This Amp Will Work Your Speakers!
If you want an amp that puts out watts and allows for great noise and speaker quality, this Kenwood amp is right for you. With the controls for bass and frequency, this baby pumps! The cooling fan is key, so it barely gets hot! I recently turned the amp up only to about 60% and its almost too loud! A little pricey, but if you get your hands on one, you'll love it
If you can afford it, do not hesitate.
Have this amp pushing kappa components up front and kappa 6x9s on the rear deck.
The headunit is a kenwood 994 which has 4v preamp outputs.
This amp is amazing. I bought it for SQ and it delivers like nothing I've ever heard before.
And just look at it, this thing looks awesome too!
What's in the box?
- 4-Channel amplifier
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Large hex-wrench
- Small hex-wrench
- Power terminal cover
- Instruction Manual (Eng/Spa/Fre)
- Warranty card
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
100 x 4
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||300 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||300 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||5-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||85 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||-12 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||-12 dB|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40-100 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
CEA 2006 Compliant: The X600F's power ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they come from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. The amplifier features the following power specifications.
- 4-Ohm RMS Power Output: 100 watts RMS x 4-channel in 4-ohm at 20-20kHz with 1% THD
- 2-Ohm Power Output: 150 watts RMS x 4-channel in 4-ohm at 1kHz with 0.5% THD
- Bridged RMS Power Output: 300 watts RMS x 2-channel in 4-ohm at 1kHz with 0.5% THD
Power MOSFET: In the power stage, MOSFETs, (metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistors) are arranged in a 2-parallel push-pull configuration. The resulting increase in driver control enables driving high or low impedance loads with ease for better sound quality and higher output.
K-STAT Self-Tracking Audio Transistor: Many amplifiers have higher distortion when they first power up as it takes time for the amp to reach optimal operating temperature. K-STAT is a specialized audio technology developed by Kenwood that uses a transistor with a built-in biasing circuit to ensure the amplifier adjusts accordingly based on any change in temperature. This new design results in lower distortion so when the amp powers up, and at full power, distortion is reduced. It also reduces thermal resistance but increases power for improved sound quality.
Dressing Cover: All of the amplifier's control are located under a removable extruded aluminum dressing cover. The dressing cover also hides the amplifier's connections for a neat installation. The dressing cover can be removed using the included small hex-wrench to unscrew two M4 x 8mm hex-head screws that hold the dressing cover in place.
Cooling Fan: There is a cooling fan, one top vent, and two vents located on each side of the amplifier to help dissipate heat and ensure cool, reliable operation. Make sure not to block these vents or fans when you install the amplifier.
Protection circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuits that will turn the amp off in case of the following events:
- Speaker output contacts ground
- Speaker wire short-circuits
- Unit malfunctions and DC is sent to speaker output
- Internal temperature is too high
- Loss of ground of head unit or amp
Input Selector: This switch selects the input method of the signal to be amplified by the amplifiers front and rear channels. You can select A+B position or A position.
- A+B Position: Amplifies both of the signals connected to the amplifiers front and rear channel RCA inputs.
- A Position: Amplifies only signal connected to the amplifier's front channel RCA input with both front and rear amps of the amplifier. This is helpful when your headunit only features one set of preamp outputs allowing you to only run one set of cables. You will not be able to fade front to rear in this mode.
Operation Mode: The amplification methods of the signals input can be set to Stereo or Mono.
- Stereo: The amplifier can be used as a stereo amplifier.
- Mono (Lch): Amplifies the signal input from the left side only. Set to this position and make bridged connection to use as a high-power monaural amplifier (the input right signal is not output).
Gain Control: The X600F features independent gain controls (0.2V-5.0V) for the front and rear channels of the amplifier.
Built-In Crossovers: The X600F features independent crossover control for the front and rear channels of the amplifier. You can select either High Pass, Low Pass, or Off (Full-Range).
- Variable High Pass Filter: The built-in variable HPF (50Hz-200Hz @ -12db/oct) makes it possible to select the crossover frequency and remove low frequencies from component or coaxial speakers connected to the front and rear channels of the amplifier.
- Variable Low Pass Filter: The built-in variable LPF (50Hz-200Hz @ -12dB/oct) allows you to select a variable frequency and remove damaging high frequencies from the subwoofer pathway for more bass output with less distortion on the front and rear channels of the amplifier.
- Off (Full-Range): The high pass and low pass filters are turned off allowing all frequencies to pass through to your connected speakers.
Bass Boost: The X600F features a variable Bass Boost for the amplifier's rear-channel. You can set the Bass Boost frequency between 40 and 100Hz; and the Bass Boost level between 0 and 18 dB.
Power And Ground Terminals: The amplifier features hex-head set-screw Power and Ground terminals that will accommodate 6 to 4 AWG wire.
Turn-On Terminal: The amplifier features a hex-head set-screw Turn-On lead terminal that will accommodate 12 to 8 AWG wire.
Speaker Terminals: The amplifier features eight hex-head set-screw speaker terminals that will accommodate 12 to 8 AWG wire.
RCA Inputs: The amplifier features two pair of gold-plated RCA input connections.
RCA Outputs: The amplifier features one pair of gold-plated RCA output connections. This allows you to feed the summed audio signal of the amplifier's front and rear input channels to another amplifier in your system without having to run audio cables all the way back to your in-dash headunit.
Fuse: The amplifier contains two 40-amp fuses.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.