Diamond Audio D162.5
6-3/4" component speaker system
Item #: 114D1625
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $129.99
Listening to music on factory speakers is about as exciting as math homework. Diamond Audio designed D1 speakers to bring out the best in your favorite tunes — you'll hear lots of musical detail that makes for a very entertaining ride, even if it's just across town.
Built for accuracy
This D162.5i 6-3/4" component speaker system features copolymer woofer cones that are injection-molded for consistent strength across the cone area. A resilient rubber surround secures each light, responsive woofer for precise cone movement, so you'll hear plenty of punch from the guitar and drums. The brushed titanium finish on the woofer cones give this component system a glossy, high-end look.
Clear, articulate aluminum tweeters
Instead of plastic film tweeters, Diamond Audio uses aluminum dome tweeters for sparkling, extended highs, so all the rich musical detail in your tunes reaches your ears. Separate crossovers use an advanced design to send the high notes to the tweeters and low notes to the woofers for the cleanest, most natural sounding vocals and instruments. The heavy-gauge stamped steel basket gives the woofers the strength and stability they need to rock hard for the lifetime of your system.
- system includes two 6-3/4" woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- copolymer woofer cone with rubber surround
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- external 2-way crossovers with tweeter protection
- power range: 5-50 watts RMS (100 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 55-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- top-mount depth: 2-1/2"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why install component speakers?
A component speaker system gives you the best possible performance from your car audio system. A system consists of separate woofers, tweeters, and crossovers, each designed to cover one specific range of frequencies. As separate components, the woofer can move freely to deliver more powerful performance, while the tweeter can be custom-mounted in a better spot up closer to your ears, revealing a whole new world of detail. Separate crossovers are far superior to the simple filters wired into full-range speakers, so the components work together for smoother, more focused sound.
Diamond Audio D162.5 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Diamond Component Speakers
2001 Chevrolet Suburban
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
All the bang for your buck! Outstanding sound and quality.
What's in the box?
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Woofer grille frames
- 2 Flush-mount tweeter mounting cups
- 2 Metal spring clips for flush-mount tweeter cups
- 2 Surface-mount tweeter housings
- 2 Adhesive backed woofer gaskets
- Two M4x30mm Machine screws
- Four 1/2" Self-tapping screws
- Twelve 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- 12 Speed clips
- Putty for woofer grilles
- 4 Crimp-on 0.110" quick slides
- 4 Crimp-on 0.187" quick slides
- Owner's Manual
Features and Specs
|Speaker Size||6 3/4|
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Injection molded Polymer|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Frequency Response||55 - 20k Hz|
|RMS Power Range (Watts)||5-50|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||100|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/2|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 5/16|
Woofers: The Diamond Audio D162.5 component system includes woofers with injection molded polymer cones. This design results in uniform cone thickness for superior linearity and clarity.
Woofer Size: Diamond Audio refers to the D162.5 as a 6-1/2" speaker. The 5.3" cutout diameter, however, fits the industry standard for a 6-3/4" speaker. Please confirm fit using the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector before purchasing.
Magnet Cover: The woofers are shipped with rubber magnet covers installed. If needed, the covers can be removed, effectively making the magnet diameter approximately 1/4" smaller.
Tweeters: Each speaker uses a Ferro fluid cooled 1" aluminum dome tweeter with a neodymium magnet.
Mounting Options: The tweeters can be surface mounted or flush mounted using the included housings.
|Frame Diameter||Cutout Diameter||Mounting Height||Mounting Depth|
|Angled Surface Mount||1.7"||N/A||1.1"||Screw Depth|
- Tweeter Output: The crossovers offer two tweeter output level settings, selectable via an internal jumper: flat and -2 dB.
- Barrier Strips: Each crossover's connections are screw terminals that will accommodate spade connectors up to 0.29" wide.
- Dimensions: The crossover has the following
- Width: 2.6"
- Height: 1.45"
- Depth: 4.75"
- Connection Note: The component system comes with no speaker wire (other than the 10" length attached to each tweeter).