Diamond Audio D374
6"x8" 2-way convertible speaker system
Item #: 114D374
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $129.99 pair
You hit the highway and crank the stereo, but your factory speakers just can't keep up. Diamond Audio designed D3 speakers to deliver strong performance in your car — you'll hear power and impact in your music that makes for a very entertaining ride, even if it's just across town.
Removable 1" aluminum tweeters
These D374 6"x8" convertible speaker system features sizeable 1" aluminum dome tweeters that give you exceptional clarity — you'll be able to hear sparkling detail in your music, even when the bass gets heavy. You can mount these speakers as 2-ways in your factory openings, or you can remove the tweeters from the woofers and mount them in a spot that'll create the best soundstage in your ride.
Mineral fortified cone
Diamond Audio uses injection-molding to create a light, stiff graphite copolymer cone that offers consistent strength. A butyl rubber surround secures the woofer for linear cone movement, so you can count on strong, accurate performance. External crossovers send the right frequencies to the woofer and tweeter, so vocals and instruments sound well-defined and natural. The Rear Fill outputs on the crossover networks allow you to tie in a pair of rear speakers without affecting impedance.
Non-resonant frame resists distortion
Diamond uses a unique energy-absorbent ABS composite frame that resists unwanted resonance better than steel or aluminum, so your favorite music sounds just as the artist intended.
- 6"x8" 2-way convertible speaker system — includes two woofers, two tweeters, and two crossover networks
- graphite-fortified copolymer woofer cone with rubber surround
- non-resonant ABS composite frame
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter (can be mounted in woofer or separately)
- outboard crossover network with Rear Fill outputs
- power range: 6-60 watts RMS (120 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 52-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- top-mount depth: 2-5/16"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why replace your car's original speakers?
The speakers that originally came in your car were made from inexpensive materials, designed to create acceptable sound at the lowest possible cost to the manufacturer. If you love music, you deserve better. Name-brand aftermarket speakers deliver fuller, richer sound with considerably more detail and nuance, and they're capable of playing louder and cleaner than factory speakers. Connect new speakers to your factory radio and you'll get the best possible sound from your dealer-equipped system. Pair them up with a new car stereo for a level of enjoyment that can rival a high-fidelity home audio experience.
Diamond Audio D374 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
The sound was fantastic at first but after they break-in the sound became epic! I use two sets and I don't think there is a better sounding Mustang for less $. The thing with Diamond is that they make power hungry speakers, they say 60w rms but I say at least 100w rms but they must be gently broke-in . Don't think about powering these with your head unit. If you don't use amps; I recommend you stay away.
Pros: Unbeatable for the price.
Cons: Not for everyone.
Diamond Audio D374
2008 Ford Mustang
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I bought these to try in the doors of my 2008 Mustang GT. The Crutchfield website says these don't fit, but they fit just fine.
I tried them first as a coaxial--there were barely any highs noticeable. After I installed the external crossover and mounted them as separates, they sounded a lot better--but still no better than my factory speakers.
I had high hopes for these, but I didn't see the point in spending this much for speakers that didn't sound any better than my factory coaxials (Shaker 500 system). YMMV...
Pros: The price was good.
Cons: Sound quality. The build quality was OK, but not stellar.
What's in the box?
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (coaxially mounted on the woofers)
- 2 Phase plugs
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Flush-mount tweeter mounting cups
- 2 Metal spring clips for flush-mount tweeter cups
- 2 Surface-mount tweeter housings
- 2 Adhesive backed woofer gaskets
- Two M4x30mm Machine screws
- Four 1/2" Self-tapping screws
- Twelve 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- 12 Speed clips
- Grille putty
- 4 Crimp-on 0.110" quick slides
- Owner's Manual
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Graphite Inject Copolymer|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
90 dB at 2.83 volts
|Frequency Response||52 - 20k Hz|
|RMS Power Range (Watts)||6-60|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||120|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 5/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 9/16|
Woofers: The Diamond Audio D374 convertible component system includes 5"x7" woofers with graphite injected molded copolymer cones. This design results in uniform cone thickness for superior linearity and clarity. It also has a low weight to rigidity ratio for decreased distortion and improved bass response. The speakers are shipped with the tweeters coaxially mounted to the woofers, but they can be removed and mounted separately, as a component set. When the tweeters are removed the woofer's mounting height decreases to 0.32" (if bottom mounted the tweeter protrusion decreases to 0.062").
Magnet Cover: The speakers are shipped with rubber magnet covers installed. If needed, the covers can be removed, effectively making the magnet diameter approximately 1/4" smaller.
Tweeters: Each speaker uses a Ferro fluid cooled 1" aluminum dome tweeter with a neodymium magnet. When coaxially mounted the tweeters are angled and swivel so you can direct them toward the listening positions.
Mounting Options: When removed from the woofers, the tweeters can be surface mounted or flush mounted using the included housings.
|Frame Diameter||Cutout Diameter||Mounting Height||Mounting Depth|
|Angled Surface Mount||1.7"||N/A||1.0"||Screw Depth|
- Tweeter Output: The crossovers offer two tweeter output level settings, selectable via an internal jumper: flat and -2 dB.
- RAF: In addition to the woofer and tweeter outputs, each crossover has a third output for a Rear Acoustic Fill (RAF) speaker. The RAF speakers are powered by the same 2-channel amp as the component set and are apportioned 15%-20% of the total power. The RAF output is full range.
- Barrier Strips: Each crossover's connections are screw terminals that will accommodate spade connectors up to 0.375" wide.
- Dimensions: The crossover has the following
- Width: 4.73"
- Height: 1.35"
- Depth: 3.55"
- Connection Note: The component system comes with no speaker wire (other than the 7" length attached to each tweeter).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.