Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Shield your audio/video components from harmful power surges with the Monster HTS 950 PowerCenter. It conditions incoming power to help optimize your system's performance. Advanced filtering circuitry helps reduce electromagnetic and radio frequency interference, which can cause audible buzzes in your speakers and visible "snow" on your TV.
The HTS 950 features eight color-coded AC outlets for your components, spaced wide to accommodate AC adapters and over-sized plugs. Two pairs of coaxial connections protect your satellite TV receiver or cable box. And there's a protected telephone line input and output for your Internet connection as well. The PowerCenter automatically disconnects everything plugged into it when hit by a major spike, protecting your gear from damage. It also emits an audible alarm to let you know your equipment is disconnected and safe.
Monster Power stands behind the HTS 950 with a five-year parts and labor warranty, as well as a five-year/$250,000 connected equipment guarantee.
Read our blog post Better home audio, Tip #12: Use a power conditioner.
- 8 AC outlets (4 switched, 4 unswitched), plus color-coded adhesive labels for your power cords
- 2 sets of coaxial input/output jacks
- 1 set of phone line input/output
- "Ground OK" and "Protection On" LED indicators
- 8-foot power cord with FlatProfile plug and 24k gold-plated contacts
- includes one coaxial video cable and one phone cord
- Tri-Mode circuitry automatically disconnects from AC power in the event of sustained over-voltage
- 2775 joule protection
- audible surge alarm and visual surge indicator
- 4-1/16"W x 2-9/16"H x 17-11/16"D
- 5-year, $250,000 connected equipment guarantee (covers equipment damaged by an AC power, cable, telephone or lightning surge while connected to properly installed Monster Cable surge protector)
- 5-year warranty on HTS 950 PowerCenter
Monster HTS 950 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Monster HTS 950
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This product was recommended by multiple stores in my area, but Crutchfield has the best price I've found on a site that was trustworthy. The product came exactly as expected. The product has performed very well so far and makes organizing my equipment cables very easy.
Protect Your Investments
We purchased a 50" Panasonic Plazma 1080p and a GREAT Sourround Sound System and needed to protect the investment properly. We searched many websites looking for good information/product warranty and reasonable prices and ended up going with the Monster HTS 950 offered by Crutchfield. It offers much more than what you pay for and will meet your needs for your entertainment center. We have purchased other items from Crutchfield before and have been very satisfied with those investments. We have no regrets and are sure that you won't either.
What's in the box?
- HTS 950 PowerCenter with attached 8' high current three prong AC cord
- 40" Monster Cable SV1-RG6 coax video cable with gold plated connectors
- 6' Monster telephone cord
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish)
- 25 Self-adhesive audio/video ID labels to attach to power cords
- EU recycling information
Features and Specs
|Total AC Outlets||---|
|Powerline Network Compatible||---|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||---|
Developed by Richard Marsh: Monster Clean Power circuitry was designed by Richard Marsh, a world leading designer of ultra-high performance audiophile power circuits.
Stage 1 Clean Power Circuitry: Stage 1 clean power circuitry filters out noise interference on the AC power line so you can enjoy more natural sound and vivid picture from your home theater components.
Tri-mode Circuitry: A Tri-mode AC overvoltage auto disconnect safety feature prevents catastrophic, high-voltage power disturbances from damaging components.
Audio Filter: The switched outlets have a special filter that reduces audible noise in your audio components.
Video Interference Reduction Filter: The unswitched outlets have a special filter that reduces interference with your video components.
Power Surge Alert: An audible alarm alerts you when a surge has occurred.
Color-coded Outlet Tabs: Each component connection is color-coded for easy identification. The supplied self-adhesive cord labels prevent you from accidentally disconnecting the wrong cord.
Angled Plug: The 24k gold plated, high current power cord is right angled to hug the wall. It protrudes only 3/4" so furniture can be pushed against it without damaging the cord. The cord is also angled 30° to the right of vertical, to allow unblocked access to additional jacks on the outlet.
Video Cable: A Monster Cable SV1-RG6 coax video cable is included to ensure a quality connection.
Keyhole slots: Two keyhole slots are on the back of the unit to allow horizontal or vertical wall mounting (hardware not included).
Product Warranty: The power center carries a 5 year warranty. The warranty extends only to the original purchaser and is non-transferable.
Connected Equipment Warranty: There is also a 5-year, $250,000 connected equipment warranty. Monster Cable will replace, pay to repair, or pay the fair market value of equipment that is damaged by an AC power or cable surge while properly connected to the power center. Properly connected means that all AC, signal, and phone line paths into the equipment must be protected, and that there are no unprotected ground paths.
Top of Unit:
- Master On/Off Power Switch: turns switched outlets on/off
- Protection On LED: illuminates in green to indicate that components are protected
- Ground OK LED: illuminates in green to indicate that house wiring is properly grounded
- Switched On: illuminates in green to indicate the switched outlets are on
End of Unit:
- Reset Button: allows resetting of circuit breaker
- Switched Outlets: four 3-prong color-coded outlets labeled Receiver, Main Amp, CD, and Accessory
- Unswitched Outlets: four 3-prong color-coded outlets labeled Digital Video Recorder, Cable/Sat, DVD, and TV/Monitor
- Telephone/Network Input/Output: one input/one output; connect telephone lines (RJ11) or networks (RJ45)
- Cable/Antenna: one input/one output; threaded coaxial connections
- Satellite: one input/one output; threaded coaxial connections
- Capacity: 2775 Joules
- Voltage: 120 volts A/C, 60 Hz
- Current: 15 Amp
- Clamping Response Time: <1 nanosecond
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.