I installed This Kit along with a Clarion CZ401. I just want to give a few pointers for some that want to tackle this job themselves. If you have a Bose equipped 03'or 04' G35 make sure you order a head-unit with front and rear preamp outputs it will make this installation alot easier. All you will have to do is connect the rca preamp inputs from your Metra Bose wiring harness into your new stereo, and voila! - Scrap the 2 mounting screws for your top bracket that came with this kit as it Does Not fit their own screw hole. Take the screw with you and find something about the same length but slightly larger in diameter.
Lastly, about exchanging the vents over from your original and into your Metra console. The right vent has a black plastic cover that conceals the 2 tabs that you need to get to in order to remove the vent. You can file down the tops of the black studs to remove the cover or you can do what I did with a little finesse. You'll notice that the stock console is flexible just like your new one, it can flex and not break. Lift up on the 2 tabs that you can get to, on the other side. Hold them up, now from the back, carefully pull and twist left or right and you will hear a click as the 2 clips that you cannot see hidden under the cover will release itself. So as you gently pull and twist at the same time it will come off, just like that! When you go to install all you have to do is just push it in and you will hear a click, as it gets locked in place. Done.
Pros: * Relatively cheap price.
* Despite what others might say finish & color matches decently.
* One of only 2 choices we have for 03-04 consoles to fix the common radio dead, no climate control, no defrost, situation. The other option being, buying a different brand console for over $350 dollars, costly.
* Brought back usage of climate control, A/C, Heat, Window Defrost (Important), etc., not to mention you can now add any aftermarket stereo system you want now.
Cons: * The screws that come with it DO NOT work with their consoles. The hole is slightly too big for the screws they give you... ironic?
* The plastic brackets to mount the head-unit is not designed well, it's no good.
* Still give a 5 for being 1 of only 2 options we have and it works. Needs some modification if you want to use the gray face trim with a metal mount like I did. Grind away 6 points where the tabs go in, easy to do. Dremel helps.