Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Metra's AIP-35-RCA iPod cable connects your iPod or iPhone® to any factory or aftermarket car stereo with an auxiliary input. First, you hardwire the cable's power and ground leads to provide charging capability for your Apple® device. Next, plug the adapter's dock connector to your iPod, then connect to your car stereo's auxiliary input with either the RCA or 3.5mm connector. You can enjoy your favorite music on the go and keep your iPod charged as you drive.
Note: The AIP-35-RCA cable does not provide iPod control or display information through your car's receiver. Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod/iPhone model compatibility with this adapter.
- provides charging and audio connection between iPod or iPhone and car receivers with RCA and/or auxiliary inputs
- includes 50" cable with dock connector and male RCA and 3.5mm outputs, plus power and ground leads
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Metra AIP-35-RCA Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great product and really easy to install. Works Great!
Pros: Works well out of the box. Two-wire installation.
Cons: The wire is a little short. If it was about a foot longer, it would be easier to use.
What's in the box?
- 50" Audio/charging interface cable for iPod (w/ a 30-pin dock connector/3.5mm minijack connector on one end and stereo RCA connectors/power leads on other end)
Overview: The Metra Axxess Audio & Charging Interface for iPod (AIP-35-RCA) converts an Apple iPod/iPhone dock connector to RCA level audio output for connection into any OEM (factory) or aftermarket in-dash head unit with an RCA or 3.5mm auxiliary input. The Metra Axxess AIP-35-RCA provides audio playback and charging of your iPod/iPhone. The AIP-35-RCA does not offer iPod control or information display through your factory or aftermarket head unit. Control and display of your iPod/iPhone will still be done through your iPod/iPhones's click-wheel or touch-screen and LCD screen.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility: The Metra Axxess Audio & Charging Interface for iPod (AIP-35-RCA)) is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to the auxiliary input of your factory or aftermarket in-dash head unit (as of 5/14/2013):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Connections: The Metra Axxess Audio & Charging Interface for iPod (AIP-35-RCA) features the following connections.
- Apple iPod Dock Connector: The AIP-35-RCA features an Apple 30-pin iPod dock connector which plugs into your compatible iPod.
- Aux Connectors: The AIP-35-RCA features a set of stereo RCA male connectors and a 3.5mm connector which plug into the stereo RCA or 3.5mm auxiliary input of your factory or aftermarket in-dash head unit.
- Power/Ground Leads: The AIP-35-RCA features a power (+12V switched) and ground lead that must be hardwired in order to supply power and charge your connected iPod.
Note: You may need to activate the Auxiliary Input function of your factory or aftermarket head unit in order for the AIP-35-RCA to be recognized.