6-disc DVD receiver
Item #: 130AVHP600
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $499.99
If you love CDs, but don't want to take up space in your car with an external CD changer, Pioneer's got you covered. The double-sized AVH-P6000DVD DVD receiver fits in many dashboards and holds six DVDs or CDs inside. And how's this for storage capacity the AVH-P6000DVD plays CDs you've burned with MP3, WMA, and AAC files, so you can load the receiver with enough tunes to keep the music playing from Jacksonville to Juneau.
LCD display, touchscreen controls
The bright 7" screen of the receiver displays track information and plays your DVD movies when the car is parked. The screen features touch-panel controls for quick, easy, and intuitive system control.
Video for the whole car
With the audio/video input of the AVH-P6000, you can add extra A/V sources to your system, like cameras or a game system. The A/V output lets you add external screens for your passengers, so they can enjoy video when you're driving.
Expand the already impressive capabilities of the AVH-P6000DVD with a range of options. You can add a Bluetooth® adapter for hands-free calling, and an iPod® adapter so you can plug in and control your player from the receiver. Add an optional satellite radio tuner for more variety in your listening.
- DVD/CD receiver with internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- holds six DVDs or CDs
- 7" touchscreen with adjustable viewing angle
- fits double-sized dash openings
- plays MP3/WMA/AAC files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs
- supports video playback from DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW and Video CD discs
- high- and low-pass filters
- 3-band parametric equalizer with 6 preset EQ curves
- compatible with Pioneer iPod adapter, Bluetooth adapter, satellite radio, and CD changer
- inputs: rear auxiliary input, rear A/V input, rear-view camera input, optional USB input
- outputs: video output, 6-channel preamp output (front, rear, subwoofer)
Video receivers: They're not just for movies
Video receivers add a new level of entertainment to your vehicle. You can watch a movie on the screen when you're parked on a Saturday night, or play a DVD or downloaded video through your rear seat video setup on the road. Touchscreen receivers allow you to breeze through menus with the tip of your finger. Most video receivers feature a USB input for iPod audio, and the ability to add an adapter that allows video to display on the screen.
Pioneer AVH-P6000DVD Reviews
Average Customer Review:
2001 Toyota 4Runner
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
You can't beat the price on such a great unit. It does everything I need. Great sound and appearance. The only con to this unit is the iPod interface... you have to scroll through your entire list of artist or songs to get to one that starts with a "N" and u can't play videos through your iPod/ iPhone but since it's a 6 disc changer just have your dvds ready... it isn't like you'll need to change out the movie every 30 mins. But besides those 2 minute issues, it's an awesome unit that you won't regret buying.
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The price is great 500 for 6 disc 7". Do have problem with dvd blinking when using touch screen. Don't know if it's the tv or installation.
Great Replacement For Factory Stereo
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
If you are looking for a replacement for your factory double din stereo, this is the one. With the supplied mounting kit, the unit looks like a factory install. The wiring harness included made the install a breeze. With a DVD player, XM satellite radio, and six disc capabilty, this stereo will not disappoint you. Crutchfield hit a homer with the pricing and instructions on this one!
Pro's: Great price, easy install, clean fit.
Con's:Touch screen a little slow.
If you have an XM subcription, get the Pioneer receiver and let this unit control your channels. The sound quality is so much better than the FM transmitter.
Amazing Product Amazing Price
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
WOW! I have been waiting for this head unit for a while and when I saw that crutchfield had it for almost half of the MSRP I had to scoop it up. The wait was worth it. This deck is beautiful, the colors are crisp and bold and the touch screen is very responsive. Sound quality is through the roof and with the DEQ-P8000 you get 5.1 surround for your car. The features of this unit was the reason I had to get it. It might not have built in Navi or built in Bluetooth or some of the other features but compare the price. This unit is an old scool car audio buffs dream. Pioneer has won me over and Crutchfield sealed the deal with the price. Get one for your self you will not be disappointed
What's in the box?
- Double-DIN 6-disc DVD AV receiver with 7.0" wide LCD touch-screen monitor
- Trim bezel
- Wiring harness
- Preamp/Video Out harness
- AV input harness
- Wireless remote control (CXC6317)
- CR2025 3V Lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 8 Pan-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 8 Flat-head ISO screws (M5 x 6mm)
- Plastic stylus
- Operation Manual (English)
- Operation Manual (French)
- Installation Manual (Eng/Fre)
- Warranty sheet (Eng/Fre)
- Warning sheet concerning installation safety
- "Feature Demo" note
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||14 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|FM Sensitivity||8 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
2-DIN Chassis: The Pioneer AVH-P6000DVD has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double DIN" or size DD), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. Unlike many in-dash monitors, there is no hideaway box; all the inputs and outputs are included within the unit's chassis. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets. As always, please check the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to verify fit with your vehicle.
Note: This Double-Din unit does not includes a mounting sleeve, so it will need to be ISO-mounted.
7.0" TFT LCD Touchscreen Color Display: The AVH-P6000DVD features a 7.0" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 wide screen touch-screen display. The resolution of the display is 1440 x 234 for a total of 336,960 pixels. The screen has an anti-glare, low reflection coating for better visibility. The touch panel allows you to control this unit or a connected component such as an iPod, Satellite radio receiver, USB Flash memory, or DVD/CD changer. Menus appear on screen for making function choices, audio adjustments, and setting up the system. The unit's touchscreen display electronically slides down to load and eject your DVD/CD discs.
Note: The motorized touchscreen display is not removable.
Video Adjustments: You can store numerous video settings for each source and the optional rear view camera, including brightness, contrast, color, and hue.
Background Adjustment: You can display the unit's preset thumbnails of available background pictures and movies, and then select one to set as your background display.
Front-Panel Controls: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons along the bottom edge of the screen.
6-Disc Changer: The Pioneer AVH-P6000DVD features an integrated 6-disc cd-changer that supports playback of DVD-video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD Audio, CD-R, CD-RW, and Video CD discs.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play MP3/WMA files recorded on CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs in ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, and Romeo formats. MP3 files with a bit rate from 8-320 kbps and WMA files with a bit rate from 48-192 kbps are supported. The unit is compatible with ID3 Tags and will display artist, folder, file, and album name, plus comments. Up to 8 directories and 253 items per folder on one disc are recognized by this unit.
CD/DVD Playback Functions: The Pioneer AVH-P6000DVD offers various disc playback functions, such as:
- Automatic Playback: When a DVD disc with DVD menu is inserted, this unit will cancel the DVD menu automatically and start playback from the first chapter of the first title.
- Scene Search: You can use the search function on the unit's on-screen display to search for a desired scene on your DVD by specifying a title and chapter track and then using the time search function to specify the time on the disc at which play starts.
- CD Scan: CD scan lets you hear the first 10 seconds of the each track on your CD. When playing a compressed audio disc, the first 10 seconds of each track of the current folder or the first track of each folder is played.
- File Name List: The File Name List lets you see the list of file names (or folder names) on a compressed audio disc and select one of them to playback.
- Slow Motion: When playing a DVD or Video CD, there are four slow motion speeds in both directions (1/16, 1/8, 1/4, and 1/2).
- Repeat Play: When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current chapter and title or the entire disc. When playing a CD you can repeat the entire disc or current track.
- Frame-By-Frame Playback: This feature lets you movie ahead on frame at a time during playback of your DVD or Video CD.
- Return to Scene: You can return to the specified scene where the DVD you are currently playing has been preprogrammed to return.
- Bookmark (Resume Playback): The Bookmark function lets you resume playback from a selected scene the next time the disc is loaded.
- Multi-Audio: DVDs can provide audio playback with different languages and different systems (Dolby Digital, DTS, etc; external processor required to decode Dolby Digital and DTS). With DVDs featuring multi-audio recordings you can switch between languages/audio systems during playback.
- Multi-Subtitle: With DVDs featuring multi-subtitle recordings, you can switch between subtitle languages during playback of your disc.
- Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
- Parental Lock: This unit features an 8-level Parental Lock system protected by a user-selected 4-digit password to prevent certain DVD's from being played back on the AVH-P6000DVD.
Widescreen Modes: You can choose from the following widescreen modes when playing back video:
- Full: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the horizontal direction only, enabling you to enjoy a 4:3 picture without any omissions.
- Just: The picture is enlarged slightly at the center and the amount of enlargement increases horizontally toward the ends of the picture.
- Zoom: A 4:3 picture is enlarged in the same proportion both vertically and horizontally; ideal for a 16:9 screen.
- Cinema: A picture is enlarged by the same proportion as Full or Zoom in the horizontal direction and by an intermediate proportion between Full and Zoom in the vertical direction.
- Normal: A 4:3 picture is displayed as it is.
Supertuner III-D AM/FM Tuner: The Supertuner III-D features Feed Forward Control, which avoids multi-path interference. This pre-detection of interference enables quick filter control and results in less distortion. In addition, the Supertuner III-D creates enhanced stereo during multi-path interference, unlike conventional tuners that collapse to mono. Digital processing reduces distortion, and improves Signal-to-Noise Ratio and stereo separation. Advanced analog technology improves signal processing sensitivity. The built-in AM/FM tuner offers various functionalities such as:
- BSM (Best Stations Memory): BSM lets you automatically store the six strongest stations under preset buttons 1-6 of the currently tuned band. The tuner has 3 FM banks and 1 AM bank. You can store 6 presets for each bank giving you a total of 18 FM presets and 6 AM presets.
- Local Tuning: Local seek tuning lets you tune in only those radio stations with sufficiently strong signals for good reception. There are 4 level of sensitivity for FM and two levels for AM. The higher settings allow reception of only the strongest stations, while lower settings let you receive progressively weaker stations.
Dimmer: To prevent the display from being too bright at night, the display is automatically dimmed when the car's headlights are turned on. You can turn the dimmer on or off. The automatic dimmer function only works when the orange/white illumination wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's headlight circuit.
Telephone Mute/Attenuator: Sound from your system is muted or attenuated automatically when a phone signal is received when you have hardwired your mobile phone system to the mute wire of this unit.
Wireless Remote Control: The multimedia headunit comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control for wireless operation of the headunit and connected devices.
Mounting: This unit can be installed up to a 30-degree angle.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the AVH-P6000DVD are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Continuous Power Output: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 50Hz-15kHz, 5% THD)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (or 50 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms + 70 watts x 1 channel at 2 ohms for subwoofer)
MOSFET50 Internal Amplifier: This receiver is equipped with a 50 watts x 4 (peak) MOSFET amplifier for low distortion, high power output. The amplifier is strong enough to power small subwoofers to moderate volume levels in compact cars and pickups. For higher volume levels from subwoofers, an optional amplifier may be connected to the preamp outputs.
Car Environment: You can create an in car surround environment that can be best matched with the type of music or movie you are listening to in the vehicle. You can select from Music Studio, Dynamic Theater, Actors' Stage, Relax Living, or Off.
Listening Position: Selecting the listening position (Left, Center, or Right) lets you automatically adjust the speaker output levels and inserts a delay time to match the number a position of occupied seat. when used with the "Car Environment" function, the sound image will be more natural and you can feel as if a panoramic sound envelops you.
Easy EQ Curves: This model has "SUPER BASS", "POWERFUL", "NATURAL", "VOCAL", "CUSTOM", and "FLAT" preset EQ curves. The "CUSTOM" curve is one that you create and store in memory. A separate "CUSTOM" curve can be created and stored in memory for each source.
3-Band Parametric Equalizer: This unit includes a 3-band parametric EQ with Selectable Q Factor for its "CUSTOM" EQ mode. You may select a low (40, 80, 100 or 160Hz), mid (200, 500, 1k or 2kHz) and high frequency (3k, 8k, 10k or 12kHz) to boost or cut within a range of -12dB to +12dB. The Q factor (slope of the boost or cut) may be selected from one of the following four options: 2N (narrow), 1N, 1W and 2W (wide). Selecting a narrow (steep) Q factor results in frequencies around the center frequency to be affected less by the boost or cut than they are with a wide Q factor. This feature is useful for taming frequency response problems caused by the dimensions, materials and speaker locations of a vehicle.
Adjustable Loudness: You can select "Low", "Mid" or "High" for different levels of loudness compensation.
Source Level Adjustment (SLA): This function lets you adjust the volume level of each source to prevent radical changes in volume when switching between sources. Settings are based on the volume level of the FM tuner, which remains unchanged. Each source can be independently adjusted from -4 dB to +4 dB.
Rear Channel Output: You can choose to use the rear channel output (speaker and preout) for full-range speaker or subwoofer. If you select "subwoofer", you can connect a 4-ohm subwoofer directly to each rear speaker lead, or a 2-ohm subwoofer to one of the rear speaker leads, without using an external amplifier.
iPod Adapter Ready: The Pioneer CD-IB100ii iPod adapter (130IB100ii) allows audio playback and control of your iPod, iPod mini, or iPod nano, and view album, artist, and other information on the head unit's display. The adapter allows you to perform multiple search functions; including playlist, genre, artist, album, or song searches. You can switch between the following displays: Album title, Song Title, Artist Name, Artist Name with Album Title, Song Title with Artist Name, Song Title with Album Title, and a Simple display. While connected, the iPod adapter also charges the iPod's battery. The adapter works with most Dock Connector-equipped iPods, and connects to the head unit via the IP-Bus connector. The unit supports the following iPods.
- iPod click-wheel (3rd generation)
- iPod photo/color display (4th generation)
- iPod mini (1st/2nd generation)
- iPod video (5th generation)
- iPod classic (80/120/160GB)
- iPod nano (1st/2nd/3rd/4th generation)
- iPod touch (1st/2nd generation)
Note: This unit will not charge the iPod touch (2nd generation) or iPod nano (4th generation). This unit does not support iPod video.
Optional USB Media Adapter: The optional Pioneer CD-UB100 USB adapter (130CDUB100, sold separately) makes is easy to expand your vehicle's listening library by connecting the adaptor between the AVH-P6000DVD and your portable digital player or USB memory device to gain convenient access to digital music files that have been complied and edited on a PC, then transferred to the portable device. You can control the following playback modes of your MP3 audio files from your head unit when using this adaptor - Play, Repeat, Random, Scan, Pause, Fast Forward and Rewind. There is no sound during fast forward or rewind. You can display the following text information on your compatible head unit when using this adaptor with your portable MP3 player - Play time, Folder name or number, File name or number, Artist name, Track title and Album title. The Pioneer CD-UB100 is compatible with the following audio file formats.
- MP3: MP3 audio files encoded in MPEG-1, 2, 2.5 Audio Layer 3 format with a bit rate of 8 kbps to 320 kbps (CBR), VBR and a sampling frequency of 8 kHz, to 48 kHz (32, 44.1, 48 kHz for emphasis). The unit is also compatible with ID3 tag version 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4.
- WMA: WMA audio files encoded by Windows Media Player Version 7, 7.1, 8, 9 or 10 with a bit rate of 5 kbps to 384 kbps (CBR), VBR and sampling frequencies of 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz
- AAC: AAC audio file encoded by iTunes version 6.0.5 and earlier with a sampling frequency of 8 kHz to 48 kHz and a transmission rate of 16 kbps to 320 kbps.
Optional Bluetooth Adapter: In addition, you can use this unit to control a CD-BTB200 Bluetooth adapter (130BTB200, sold separately) for your compatible Bluetooth mobile phone or Bluetooth portable audio player. The Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth Adapter allows you to make and receive calls wirelessly and hands-free on your Bluetooth-equipped cellular telephone through this Pioneer "Bluetooth Adapter Ready" head unit. The CD-BTB200 comes with a microphone for making and answering your calls. You can hear the other party through the vehicle's speaker system. You can also play and control Bluetooth audio players as well. The unit connects to the head unit via the supplied IP-BUS cable, and has an IP-BUS pass-through for daisy chaining another component.
Satellite Radio Ready: You can connect and control an external satellite radio tuner from XM or SIRIUS. The head unit is compatible with the GEX-P920XM (item number 130P920XM) Pioneer XM receiver. For Sirius there are two options; connect the SC-C1 SiriusConnect Universal Vehicle tuner and the CD-SB10 Pioneer Sirius Satellite Radio interface (package item number 700SIRPION), or use the Pioneer Sirius Satellite Radio interface (item number 130CDSB10) and the SIRIUS dock-and-play adapter (item number 607SCVDOC1) along with a compatible portable SIRIUS radio. A subscription to XM or Sirius, plus the proper antenna is required in order to receive satellite radio programming. The satellite radio tuners connect via the IP-Bus connector on the back of the head unit.
Optical Digital Output with DSP Controls: The proprietary optical digital output on the rear of the head unit along with the IP-Bus connection allows you to connect an optional Pioneer digital audio processor (sold separately) that comes supplied with its own proprietary optical cable. The AVH-P6000DVD has controls for the optional multi-channel digital signal processor (such as the DEQ-P8000, sold separately). With the connected DSP unit, you can apply seat position, time alignment adjustments, sound field controls, speaker output level adjustments with a test tone, and set cutoff frequencies.
CD/DVD Changer Controls: While playing a CD in a Pioneer 6-disc or 12-disc changer, you can perform the following functions: repeat track, repeat disc, repeat all discs, disc random, magazine random, disc intro scan, and track intro scan. During playback of a CD Text Disc, the unit can display a list of all the tracks on a disc, or the titles of all the discs in the magazine. When tracks or discs are displayed in a list, you can directly select your favorites by touching the corresponding number key. When used with a CD Text compatible Pioneer CD changer, this unit will display the titles of CD Text encoded discs that are played in the changer. This unit can also control an optional Pioneer DVD player or DVD changer.
Non-Functioning Connector: There is a blue 13-pin proprietary connector attached to the rear-chassis on this unit on a 16" pigtail which is not used.
Parking Brake Interlock: This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be parked with the parking brake engaged.
Auxiliary Input: The AVH-P6000DVD features a rear-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting an external audio source.
AV RCA Input: There is an A/V input (composite video/stereo RCA audio) for connecting a video component such as a VCR or game console.
Composite Video Out: The AVH-P6000DVD features a composite RCA video output that allows you to connect an external display to the unit. You can select the unit to output a 16:9, Letter-Box or Pan-Scan aspect ratio to match your external display's screen size.
Three 4-Volt Preamp Outputs: The Pioneer AVH-P6000DVD is equipped with three 4-Volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The front and rear speakers are fading with high-pass crossover filters, while the subwoofer output is non-fading with a low-pass crossover filter.
- Front and Rear Preamp Outputs: If you do not want low frequency sounds to play from the front or rear speaker preamp outputs (or speaker outputs), you can turn on the 12dB/octave High Pass Filter. The HPF has a selectable cutoff frequency (50, 80, or 125 Hz). Only frequencies higher than those in the selected range are output through the speakers.
- Subwoofer Output: The unit has a pair of dedicated non-fading RCA subwoofer outputs with a low-pass filter, phase adjustment, and output level. When the subwoofer output is turned on, you can select the frequency of the 18dB/octave low pass filter (50, 80, or 125 Hz), select the subwoofer phase (normal/reverse), and the subwoofer gain (-6 to +6).
Rear View Camera: The AVH-P6000DVD is equipped with a composite video Rear View Camera input. The head unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image (Rear View Camera In jack) when an optional rear camera (camera must have an RCA composite video output) is installed on your vehicle. When your vehicle's shift lever is in the reverse position, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (requires reverse-gear signal input hookup).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.