Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Overview: The Pioneer CD-UB100 USB adapter makes is easy to
expand your vehicle's listening library by connecting the adaptor between a
compatible Pioneer head unit and a portable digital player or USB memory device
to gain convenient access to digital music files that have been compiled and
edited on a PC, then transferred to the portable device.
Note: The CD-UB100 is not compatible
with any iPod models.
Compatibility: The CD-UB100 is compatible with Pioneer head
units featuring an IP-BUS input to control and listen to songs on a portable
audio player with a USB interface. The USB adapter is currently compatible with
the following Pioneer IP-BUS head units:
- Pioneer IP-BUS head units featuring the
Function button operation or Soft Key operation:
- DEH-P9600, DEH-P960MP, DEH-P7700,
- DEH-P6800, DEH-P6700, DEH-P670MP,
- DEH-P5850MP, DEH-P5800MP, DEH-P580MP
- DEH-P4900MP, DEHP4800MP, DEH-P4700MP,
DEH-P490MP, DEH-P480MP, DEH-P470MP
- DEH-P3900MP, DEH-P3800MP, DEH-P3700MP,
- DEH-P2900MP, DEH-P26, DVH-P580MP,
- Pioneer IP-BUS head units featuring the
- DEH-P9800BT, DEH-P8600MP, DEH-P80MP,
DEH-P80RS, DEH-P8MP, DEH-P1Y
- DEH-P7800MP, DEH-P7900BT, DEH-P790BT,
- DEH-P6900UB, DEH-P6800MP, DEH-P690UB,
- DEH-P4900IB, DEH-P5900IB
- Pioneer IP-BUS head units featuring touch
panel key operation:
- AVH-P7600DVD, AVH-P5750DVD, AVH-P5700DVD
- Pioneer IP-BUS head units featuring
navigation and touch panel operation:
- AVIC-D2, AVIC-N2, AVIC-N3, AVIC-N4, AVIC-N5, AVIC-Z1
MP3/WMA/AAC Playback: The Pioneer CD-UB100 is compatible with
the following audio file formats:
- MP3: MP3 audio files encoded in MPEG-1,
2, 2.5 Audio Layer 3 format with a bit rate of 8 kbps to 320
kbps (CBR), VBR and a sampling frequency of 8 kHz, to 48 kHz
(32, 44.1, 48 kHz for emphasis). The unit is also compatible
with ID3 tag version 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4.
- WMA: WMA audio files encoded by Windows
Media Player Version 7, 7.1, 8, 9 or 10 with a bit rate of 5
kbps to 384 kbps (CBR), VBR and sampling frequencies of 32
kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz
- AAC: AAC audio file encoded by iTunes
version 6.0.5 and earlier with a sampling frequency of 8
kHz to 48 kHz and a transmission rate of 16 kbps to 320
Playback Options: You can control the following playback modes
of your MP3 audio files from your head unit when using this adaptor - Play, Repeat,
Random, Scan, Pause, Fast Forward and Rewind. There is no sound during fast forward
Text Display: You can display the following text information
on your compatible head unit when using this adaptor with your portable MP3 player
- Play time, Folder name or number, File name or number, Artist name, Track title
and Album title.
File Name List: When used with a compatible Pioneer head unit
the CD-UB100 lets you see the list of file names or folder names on your head units
display and select one of them to playback.
Battery Charging: When a USB portable audio player having battery
charging functions connects to this unit and the ignition switch is set to ACC or On,
the battery is charged.
Installation: The CD-UB100 is designed to be a hide away unit
with its 10' IP-BUS cable and 59" USB cable. The unit comes with two velcro
strips to secure the unit in place. The IP-BUS cable plugs into the CD-UB100 and
into the changer port on back of your compatible Pioneer head unit. The USB adaptor's
power harnesses' ground wire should be connected to the chassis of the vehicle while
its yellow power wire should be hardwired to a constant lead. The CD-UB100 supplied
USB cable connects to the USB port of the USB adaptor and then your portable MP3
player plugs into the USB female type-A port on the cable.
Reset Button: There is a reset button located to the left of
the USB port. You will need to use a pen tip or other pointed instrument to press
the Reset button. You should reset the unit's microprocessor during the following
- Prior to using this unit for the first time
- If the unit fails to operate properly
- When strange or incorrect message appear on
your head unit's display
Front Connections: The following connections are located on
the front of the unit.
- USB Port: USB Type-A connection for
the supplied USB cable which connects to your portable
Rear Connections: The following connections are locate on the
rear of the unit.
- IP-BUS In: IP-BUS connection to
connect between your head unit's IP-BUS input and this
adapter using the supplied IP-BUS cable
- IP-BUS Out: IP-BUS output to allow
you to hook up a Multi-CD changer to this unit and your
- Power Supply: Contains a Yellow power
lead that should be connected to a terminal that always
supplies power regardless of ignition switch position and
a Black ground lead that should be attached to metal portion
of your vehicle's body.
Pioneer CD-UB100 Specifications:
- Power Source: 14.4 V DC (10.8 V to
15.1 V allowable)
- Grounding System: Negative type
- USB Type: USB 2.0 full speed
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 95 dB
- Dynamic Range: 95 dB
- Channel Separation: 90 dB
- Number of Channels: 2 (stereo)