Pioneer PRS Series: The Pioneer PRS series amplifiers
cleanly amplify the music signal, free of distortion or added color.
Independent Signal Circuitry: The Pioneer PRS series amplifiers
feature Left and Right independent signal circuitry that eliminates signal
interference between the channels and achieves excellent channel separation
throughout a wider frequency range.
Custom-Made Power Supply Capacitor Bank: In the quest for optimal
bass, Pioneer focused on the PRS amplifier's power handling. With a
high-capacity, custom-made capacitor bank adapted to the power supply section,
this amp supplies power with rock-solid stability, and does an excellent job of
reproducing low-frequency sound.
Linear Technology: The PRS amplifier features this Linear Technology
Corporation operational amplifier (OP AMP) used in high-end home audio
amplifiers for its precise gain and sound linearity characteristics. The
PRS-D1200M includes the OP AMP in its bass boost circuitry to prevent sound
Class D Amplifier: The PRS-D1200M is a Class D mono amplifier, delivering huge power with low heat and distortion.
1-Ohm Stable: The amp
can be connected to loads with impedances as low as 1 Ohm. The lower the impedance, the higher the power output:
- 400 watts x 1 at 4 ohms (Normal mode)
- 600 watts x 1 at 2 ohms (Normal mode)
- 600 watts x 1 at 1 ohm (Hi-Current mode)
Externally Bridgeable: This mono amplifier can be externally bridged--joining two amplifiers together as one--doubling the power to a single woofer or voice coil.
Multi-Amplifier Synchronization System (MASS): Pioneer's proprietary Multi-Amplifier Synchronization System technology allows one amplifier (master) to control the settings of other amplifiers
when two or more amps are "strapped" together. This eliminates the need to adjust each amplifier gain separately.
Hidden Controls: The amplifier is equipped with the following controls and switches
on the top of the amplifier under a removable aluminum cover-plate:
- Mode Select:
A 3-way switch to set the amplifier's sync mode (Master, Sync, Sync Inv). A "stopper" must be removed before switching from "Master" setting.
- Input Switch: The amplifier's input switch allows you to select
between inputting an audio signal from a car stereo's RCA preamp output
(using optional RCA cable) or a car stereo speaker output (using supplied
- Power Mode: The
amplifier's power mode switch allows you to connect 2-ohm to 8-ohm speakers
in Normal mode or 1-ohm speakers in Hi-Current Mode.
- Gain: A rotary control (6.5V to 0.4V) to set the input sensitivity of the amp.
- Low Pass Filter: The PRS-D1200M has a 40-240 Hz, continuously variable low pass filter to optimize your system's efficiency and delivers the best possible sound quality. This low pass filter has a slope of
- Subsonic: The amp has a 20Hz subsonic filter to remove power-robbing frequencies below the tuning of your subwoofer or enclosure. The subsonic filter has a slope of
- Bass Boost: The amplifier features a selectable bass boost control with a wired bass remote. The bass boost frequency is
fixed at 50Hz allowing you select the amount of bass boost right from the
driver's seat using the wired bass remote. The level is selectable at 0dB
(flat), 6dB, 9dB, or 12dB.
Connections: All of the
amp's connections are located on one side of the amplifier. The connections include:
- Fuses: two 40A ATO fuses
- Power: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 4 gauge wire
- System Control: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 10 gauge wire
- Ground: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 4 gauge wire
- Sync Input/Output: stereo RCA jacks for use when "strapping" two or more amps together
- Input: stereo RCA jacks for line-level input signal
(can be used for speaker-level input with included Low-to High-level
- Bass Boost: RJ14 jack for use with the supplied wired Bass Boost remote
- Speaker Output: set screw terminals capable of accepting up to 4 gauge wire
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to
find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research
team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record
dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies
to help people make informed choices.