Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Pure power from Pioneer
The Pioneer Stage 4 PRS-D1200M mono subwoofer amplifier delivers up to 600 watts RMS, ideal for driving a high-quality subwoofer or two. Its Class D design keeps this compact amp running cool even with a 1-ohm load.
Reservoir of power
Custom-made power supply capacitors store up plenty of energy for sudden peaks, allowing the amp to reproduce heavy bass hits without breaking a sweat. And the PRS-D1200M incorporates all the controls you need to tune your sub to its enclosure and your vehicle. You can adjust the low-pass filter from 40 to 240 Hz, and you can select from three levels of bass boost at 50 Hz. A subsonic filter cuts out everything below 20 Hz, so you don't waste energy on bass you can't hear.
Heavy-duty, gold-plated block terminals accept your power, ground, and speaker wiring all terminals and connections are located on one side for easy installation. The PRS-D1200M offers speaker- and preamp-level inputs, so you can connect easily to almost any system.
Multi-Amplifier Synchronization System (MASS)
Pioneer's Multiple Amplifier Synchronization System (MASS) allows you to tie up to four SPL amplifiers together to create the kind of power you need to win competitions. Once connected, an adjustment to the level of the master amplifier also changes the level of all the slave amps in the chain.
Pioneer's Stage 4 System
Check out all the products in Pioneer's Stage 4 System, including receiver, speakers, subs, and amps.
- mono subwoofer car amplifier
- 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 1-ohm stable (600 watts in Hi-Current mode)
- variable low-pass filter (40-240 Hz)
- wired remote for bass boost
- selectable bass boost (0, 6, 9, and 12 dB at 50 Hz)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 2
- frequency response: 10-240 Hz
- requires 4-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 11-7/8"W x 2-1/4"H x 9-11/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
My system has plenty of power. Who needs an amp?
You might think you don't need an amp because you have a 400-watt system in your car, or because your new stereo puts out 50 watts a channel. But those are peak wattage ratings, which may boil down to 15 or 20 watts per channel, using the more realistic RMS rating. An amp sends your speakers the power they need to deliver your music with clarity and impact, whether you're using factory speakers or high-performance components. And low-frequency reproduction requires lots of power, so an amp is an absolute must if you're adding a sub to your system.
Pioneer Stage 4 PRS-D1200M Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Awesome amp. It has plenty of power. Easy to tune. Pushes 1 10 great!!
Pros: Lots of adjustments and great power.
Cons: Have to take off cover for adjustments.
very nice punchy amp
nice amplifier for money
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
For its small size this amplifier has some power. It is definitely enough for my 12 inch sub. I did buy it as part of a amp/speaker combo, so that was the only way I could justify the price! Unfortunately it did not have enough power for the 10 inch sub that came with it. I guess if it was a two ohm model that would have helped.
Pros: Nice, clean sound
Cons: High price if it was not a combo
Compact but loud
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Great amp easy to install
Great Bang For The Buck!!
This is a great amp for the cash. I t puts out very clean sound and makes my sub hit lower frequencies than it did with my eclipse amp. This has some of the best audiophile sub bass Ive ever heard. I ve used everything from Rockford fosgate to Infinity. I would highly recomennd using 0 gauge wire to run this even though it only calls for 4 gauge. It never gets hot or shuts down and is very effecient. My lights don't dim or anything. If you can find a deal on this amp JUST GET IT!
What's in the box?
- Class-D mono amplifier
- Bass boost control (CXC4064)
- 19.75' Bass boost cable (with RJ14 plugs on each end)
- 9.5" Speaker-to-RCA adapter
- 4 Self-tapping screws (4mm x 30mm)
- 2 Self-tapping screws (3mm x 10mm)
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty sheet
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
400 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||1200 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||10-240 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||92 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-240 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0, 6, 19, 12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Included adapter|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Pioneer PRS Series: The Pioneer PRS series amplifiers cleanly amplify the music signal, free of distortion or added color.
Independent Signal Circuitry: The Pioneer PRS series amplifiers feature Left and Right independent signal circuitry that eliminates signal interference between the channels and achieves excellent channel separation throughout a wider frequency range.
Custom-Made Power Supply Capacitor Bank: In the quest for optimal bass, Pioneer focused on the PRS amplifier's power handling. With a high-capacity, custom-made capacitor bank adapted to the power supply section, this amp supplies power with rock-solid stability, and does an excellent job of reproducing low-frequency sound.
Linear Technology: The PRS amplifier features this Linear Technology Corporation operational amplifier (OP AMP) used in high-end home audio amplifiers for its precise gain and sound linearity characteristics. The PRS-D1200M includes the OP AMP in its bass boost circuitry to prevent sound quality deterioration.
Class D Amplifier: The PRS-D1200M is a Class D mono amplifier, delivering huge power with low heat and distortion.
1-Ohm Stable: The amp can be connected to loads with impedances as low as 1 Ohm. The lower the impedance, the higher the power output:
- 400 watts x 1 at 4 ohms (Normal mode)
- 600 watts x 1 at 2 ohms (Normal mode)
- 600 watts x 1 at 1 ohm (Hi-Current mode)
Externally Bridgeable: This mono amplifier can be externally bridged--joining two amplifiers together as one--doubling the power to a single woofer or voice coil.
Multi-Amplifier Synchronization System (MASS): Pioneer's proprietary Multi-Amplifier Synchronization System technology allows one amplifier (master) to control the settings of other amplifiers when two or more amps are "strapped" together. This eliminates the need to adjust each amplifier gain separately.
Hidden Controls: The amplifier is equipped with the following controls and switches on the top of the amplifier under a removable aluminum cover-plate:
- Mode Select: A 3-way switch to set the amplifier's sync mode (Master, Sync, Sync Inv). A "stopper" must be removed before switching from "Master" setting.
- Input Switch: The amplifier's input switch allows you to select between inputting an audio signal from a car stereo's RCA preamp output (using optional RCA cable) or a car stereo speaker output (using supplied RCA-to-Speaker adapter).
- Power Mode: The amplifier's power mode switch allows you to connect 2-ohm to 8-ohm speakers in Normal mode or 1-ohm speakers in Hi-Current Mode.
- Gain: A rotary control (6.5V to 0.4V) to set the input sensitivity of the amp.
- Low Pass Filter: The PRS-D1200M has a 40-240 Hz, continuously variable low pass filter to optimize your system's efficiency and delivers the best possible sound quality. This low pass filter has a slope of 24dB/octave.
- Subsonic: The amp has a 20Hz subsonic filter to remove power-robbing frequencies below the tuning of your subwoofer or enclosure. The subsonic filter has a slope of 18dB/octave.
- Bass Boost: The amplifier features a selectable bass boost control with a wired bass remote. The bass boost frequency is fixed at 50Hz allowing you select the amount of bass boost right from the driver's seat using the wired bass remote. The level is selectable at 0dB (flat), 6dB, 9dB, or 12dB.
Connections: All of the amp's connections are located on one side of the amplifier. The connections include:
- Fuses: two 40A ATO fuses
- Power: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 4 gauge wire
- System Control: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 10 gauge wire
- Ground: set screw terminal capable of accepting up to 4 gauge wire
- Sync Input/Output: stereo RCA jacks for use when "strapping" two or more amps together
- Input: stereo RCA jacks for line-level input signal (can be used for speaker-level input with included Low-to High-level adapter)
- Bass Boost: RJ14 jack for use with the supplied wired Bass Boost remote
- Speaker Output: set screw terminals capable of accepting up to 4 gauge wire
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
I would not try it! Not many amps are strappable and I don't know if there's any real benefit. If you really want to try I suggest an online search! The amp I was sent a picture of only has so much power. If you want more I suggest a different amp. [ MATTHEW Sep 09, 2014 ]