Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The Panasonic TC-26LX70 proves that size isn't everything, with a crisp, clear high-def picture sized for a bedroom, office, or kitchen.
With 1366 x 768 densely packed pixels, the TC-26LX70's 26" screen looks as pinpoint sharp and detailed as you could ask for. All LCD screens look bright and colorful when you're sitting directly in front of them, but this model's "IPS" screen technology provides more consistent color and contrast at wider viewing angles, too.
The versatile set of hookup jacks includes three HD-capable inputs (two HDMI and one component). You can connect a high-def satellite or cable box as well as a high-def video game console (this is a terrific TV for gaming).
- 26" widescreen HDTV (16:9 aspect ratio)
- built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)
- built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- IPS (In-Plane Switching) LCD panel for better viewing from the sides
- 178°(H) x 178°(V) viewing angle
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- 9-millisecond pixel response time
- 7000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Sub Pixel Controller video processing
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- multibrand remote control
- EZ-Sync remote control networking system (HDMI-CEC)
- picture settings memory for each video input
- 6 A/V inputs, including:
- 3 composite video (2 rear, 1 side)
- 2 S-video
- 1 component video (accepts signals up to 1080i)
- 2 HDMI v1.2a (accepts signals up to 1080p)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output for Dolby® Digital
- Energy Star® compliant
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 17-3/8"W x 9-1/2"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 25-7/8"W x 18-1/2"H x 4-5/8"D (20-3/8"W x 9-1/2"D on stand)
- weight: 31.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Panasonic TC-26LX70 Reviews
What's in the box?
- 26" Widescreen LCD TV
- Wireless remote control (N2QAYB000102)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Operating Instructions (English/French/Spanish)
- HDTV Connection booklet
- Demo Mode Function sheet
- Panasonic Customer Care plan card
- Product Registration (English)
- Product Registation (Spanish)
- Information sheet
Features and Specs
High Definition Tuner: With built-in HDTV tuners for over-the-air (ATSC) and unencrypted cable signals (QAM), you don't have to purchase a separate digital set-top box to receive and decode HDTV/SDTV signals.
Native Resolution: The Panasonic Viera TC-26LX70 has a display resolution of 1366 x 768. All incoming signals are converted to this native resolution. The HDMI digital and component video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i, and will display them as 1366 x 768. The HDMI inputs will also accept a 1080p signal.
In Plane Switching (IPS) LCD Panel: The wide viewing angle provided by the In Plane Switching (IPS) LCD panel lets you enjoy an exceptional picture from the left, right, above, or below. Colors are clear and vivid even when the screen is viewed from an angle. This LCD TV features an extremely wide viewing angle of 178°, so whether you're right in front of the TV or sitting off to the side, you'll still get great image quality. Aspect Modes: Depending on the input signal, you can choose one of the following aspect modes:
Aspect Mode: Depending on the input signal, you can choose one of the following aspect modes.
- 4:3: displays a 4:3 picture at its standard size with bars along the sides
- Zoom: magnifies the picture uniformly (vertically and horizontally) to fill the screen, so the top and bottom are cut off (recommended for letter box sources)
- Full: stretches the picture horizontally to fill the screen (recommended for anamorphic sources)
- Just: stretches a 4:3 picture to fill the screen but with aspect correction applied to the sides of the screen so that elongation is only apparent at the left and right edges of the screen (recommended for normal TV broadcasts)
- H-Fill: enlarges the 4:3 picture horizontally to fill the screen, the side edges are cut off
AI Picture: The AI Picture function controls dark areas of the LCD screen without affecting the black level or brightness in the overall picture.Backlight: This feature adjust the luminance of the LCD panel's back light.
Picture Mode: You can choose one of the following picture modes:
- Vivid: provides enhanced contrast and sharpness when viewing in a well lit room
- Standard: recommended for normal viewing conditions with subdued room lighting
- Cinema: for watching movies in a dark room, provides a soft, film-like picture
- Custom: adjusts picture, brightness, color, tint, and sharpness
Color Temperature: This feature select the level of color temperature from warm (red), cool (blue), or normal.Color Management: When turned on, color management enhances green and blue color reproduction. This is especially useful for outdoor scenes.
3D-Y/C Digital Comb Filter: This filter minimizes noise and cross-color in the picture when the composite video input is used.
Color Matrix: When viewing a signal input through the component video inputs, this TV will automatically optimize the color parameters based on the color matrix setting:
- SD: standard definition TV
- HD: high definition TV
- 480p: only 480 line progressive signal accepted
MPEG Noise Reduction: MPEG NR reduces noise of specific digital signals of DVD, STB, etc.
Black Level: You can select Dark or Light for the television's black level for specific digital signals from the unit's external inputs.AI Sound: This audio feature equalizes the overall volume levels across all the channels and external inputs.
Audio Leveler: You can adjust the volume level for each of the input modes (TV, Video 1, Video 2, Video 3, Component 1, Component 2, and HDMI) to prevent large jumps in volume when switching between inputs.
Surround Function: The surround function enhances audio response when listening to stereo programming. This function is active only for the TV's optional speakers.
Audio Leveler: The Audio Leveler monitors the difference in audio levels between inputs and minimizes the change in volume when you change inputs. This function is active only for the TV's built-in speakers.
EZ Sync: EZ Sync HDAVI Control lets you operate all of your Panasonic "HDAVI Control" compatible home theater components connected by HDMI by pressing a single button on your TV's remote control. Panasonic equipment with the "HDAVI Control" function enables the following operations: Automatic input switching, Power on link, Power off link, Speaker control, and One-touch theater playback.
Channel Label: You can select a 7 character station identifier for all available channels.
Input Labels: Each input can be labeled to reflect the source connected. The label options are Skip, VCR, DVD, Cable, DBS, PVR, Game, Aux, and (blank).
Input Skip: If an input's label is set to skip, that input isn't selected when toggling through inputs with the TV/Video button.
Lock: The Lock function has the following settings to block viewing of particular channels or inputs. You create a 4-digit password that's required to bypass the lock. The available settings are:
- Off: nothing is locked
- All: all channels and external inputs are locked
- Game: channels 3 and 4 and the video inputs are locked
- Channel: locks up to seven specific channels
- Program: block programs based on their TV or movie rating
Sleep Timer: You can set the TV's sleep timer to automatically turn off the TV after a selected amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, or 90 minutes.
Programmable On/Off Timers: The programmable timers allow you to program the TV set to turn itself on and off at designated times, on designated days, tuned to designated channels. Up to 5 events can be programmed using the timers. An event can have multiple episodes (Daily, Mon-Fri, Every Wed, etc).
Power Saving Controls: The television features the following power saving controls.
- No Signal Shut-Off: To conserve energy, the TV automatically turn off when no signal continues more than 10 minutes.
- No Action Shut-Off: To conserve energy, the TV automatically turns off when no operation of remote or front panel key continues more than 3 hours.
- Power Save: Reduces screen brightness to lower power consumption. Also eye-friendly for viewing in a dark room.
Pedestal Base: The television comes with an attached pedestal base which allows the TV to be placed on your television stand, shelf or cabinet. The pedestal base can be removed for wall-mounting purposes.
Wall Mounting: On the back of the TV there are four threaded inserts to attach a wall mount bracket. The inserts require 4mm bolts (sold separately) and the spacing is VESA 200 x 100 (200mm x 100mm).
HDMI Inputs: The television features two HDMI inputs. The HDMI 1 input features its own set of analog stereo RCA audio inputs for use with a DVI adapter and cable. The HDMI 2 input shares a stereo analog RCA audio input with the AV 2 input for connection of a DVI adapter and cable. The HDMI terminals can accommodate a copy-protected digital connection (HDCP) to other devices (such as digital set-top boxes) that have compatible interfaces.
Component Video Input: The component video input will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i input.
Digital Audio Out: The rear-panel optical digital output allows you to send a Dolby Digital bit stream to a Dolby Digital receiver or decoder. If the program doesn't include a Dolby Digital soundtrack, a 2-channel PCM bit stream is output.
Side Panel AV Input: The television features a composite video input along with a set of analog stereo RCA audio inputs on the right side of the TV.
Headphone Output: There is a 3.5mm headphone output located on the right side of the TV under the side panel AV inputs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.