Item #: 133CQVW100
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $499.99
Panasonic's CQ-VW100U DVD receiver allows you to truly appreciate Panasonic's reputation for high-quality video performance. The screen's special high-temperature certified LCD screen keeps colors crisp and bright in the grueling car environment, while the high-powered graphics processor delivers exceptional image resolution and picture quality. Use the screen's tilt function to adjust it to the perfect viewing angle.
The touchscreen controls make it simple to operate the receiver, with no complicated menus to wade through when you're driving you can access most functions with a touch or two of your finger. Add a Bluetooth® adapter and discover the convenience of talking on your cell phone while you keep your hands on the wheel.
The CQ-VW1000U handles all your musical needs it plays CDs and DVDs, even CDs loaded with MP3 files, and controls your iPod with an optional adapter. The SQ3 3-band equalizer adjusts the highs, mids, and lows to your taste.
You can also add a Panasonic satellite radio or CD changer to increase your entertainment options. Watch DVDs on the built-in screen when you're parked, or use the audio/video outputs to send the signal to a backseat monitor for on-the-go viewing. Three sets of preamp outputs let you add amps and subs to your system.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
- in-dash DVD receiver with built-in amp (20 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 7" touchscreen with tilt function
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- 3-band SQ3 equalizer
- plays MP3 files on CD
- DVD, DivX, CD, CD-R/RW playback
- compatible with iPod adapter, Bluetooth adapter, satellite radio, CD changer
- inputs: two rear A/V inputs, rearview camera input
- outputs: A/V output, 5-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, and sub)
Video receivers: They're not just for movies
Video receivers add a new level of entertainment to your vehicle. You can watch a movie on the screen when you're parked on a Saturday night, or play a DVD or downloaded video through your rear seat video setup on the road. Touchscreen receivers allow you to breeze through menus with the tip of your finger. Most video receivers feature a USB input for iPod audio, and the ability to add an adapter that allows video to display on the screen.
Panasonic CQ-VW100U Reviews
Average Customer Review:
I just got this
It looks great. But
like the previous
reviewer, I would
really like a screen
saver while the
music is playing.
The other problem I
have is that the
Sirius radio I
ordered with the
system will not work
with the version of
the stereo I
purchased. The shop
who installed the
stereo said it is
because the Sirius
will not work
properly with the
2008 model stereo.
So I am going back
today to get XM
The only other issue
I have with the
stereo is that while
playing CDs it does
not list the name of
the Album or the
tracks. Also the
should be listed by
name along with the
song that is
My feeling is that a
attention to detail
should have been put
into a stereo of
I do like the looks
and the wide range
of formats. The
touch screen is very
pros..looks great installed and the dvd is sharp..very easy to figure out and use...the touch screen is accurate to your touch.
cons..does not come with a remote..does not have a screen saver or no visual eye candy while playing music..does not tilt down..only up.
What's in the box?
- Double-DIN AM/FM/DVD receiver with 7" widescreen color LCD monitor (has 15A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Flat-head screws (M5 x 6mm)
- 6 Round Phillips-head screws (4 installed) (M5 x 6mm)
- Rear mounting bolt (M5)
- 2 Metal transportation brackets (installed)
- Operating Instructions (Eng/Span/Fren)
- Installation Instructions (Eng/Span/Fren)
- System Upgrade Guidebook (Eng/Span/Fren)
- Product Registration card
- Panasonic Customer Care plan card
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||20 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|AUX Input||Optional Rear|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|FM Sensitivity||12.2 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Motorized Video Display: The Panasonic CQ-VW100U is equipped with a motorized 7.0" widescreen LCD monitor with touch screen controls. You can manually adjust the angle of the display using the touch screen controls or the tilt button on the unit. There are 6 angle settings to choose from.
Display Adjustment: You can adjust the display's contrast, brightness, color, and tint. The display's dimmer function can be set to one of three brightness levels.
Aspect Ratio: You can choose from the following screen modes:
- Normal: displays 16:9 widescreen format pictures that fill the entire screen width, and 4:3 (conventional TV) pictures display with black bars on either side
- Full: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally to fill the entire width of the screen, distorting the picture slightly but retaining full image height
- Zoom: expands 4:3 pictures both horizontally and vertically, filling the screen without distorting the picture but cutting off the top and bottom edges
- Just: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally only at the edges
ID Code: Prior to operating this unit, you can assign a 4-digit ID code for security. Once the ID code has been set, the unit cannot be operated without entering the ID code if the main power supply is disconnected and then reconnected.
SQ3: The 3-band parametric EQ lets you adjust the level of three frequency bands: Bass, Mid, and Treble. You can select the center frequency for each band as follows: Bass (60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz), Mid (500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 3kHz), and Treble (10kHz, 12kHz, 15kHz, 18kHz). The level of each frequency can be adjusted from +12dB to -12dB in 2dB increments. You can also choose from the following SQ presets: Rock, Pop, Vocal, Jazz, Club, and Flat. In addition, the unit offers separate bass and treble adjustments of +/-12dB.
Dolby Digital/DTS Decoders: The CQ-VW100U has built-in decoders that allow you to enjoy Dolby Digital and DTS as a 2-channel down-mix.
MP3/DivX Compatible: This unit can play MP3 and DivX files recorded onto CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, or DVD-RW discs in ISO 9660 Level 1/Level 2, Apple Extension to ISO 9660, Joliet, and Romeo. The player can support up to 999 files, 999 files in one folder, 8 levels, and 255 folders.
Subwoofer Preamp Output: The volume level of the subwoofer preamp output is adjustable from -12dB to +12dB in 2dB increments. The subwoofer preout is a single, unfiltered, full-range output. If desired, you can turn off the subwoofer output in the menu.
Rear View Camera: You can connect an optional rear view camera to the unit through a dedicated rear camera input. The camera must have an RCA composite video connector. When the violet/white wire in the wiring harness is connected to the vehicle's backup light circuit, the CQ-VW100U will automatically switch to the rear camera input whenever the vehicle is placed in reverse gear.
Fast Forward/Reverse: When playing a DVD or Video CD, the speed of fast forward and fast reverse change incrementally in 4 steps (2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x) as the corresponding button is held down.
Slow Motion: When playing a DVD or Video CD, you may move forward through the program being played in slow motion at about 1/3 normal speed. Slow motion playback cannot be performed in reverse.
Repeat Play: When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current chapter. When playing a Video CD, you can repeat the current track. For MP3 and DivX discs, you can repeat the current track or folder.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Dynamic Range Compression: This function reduces a Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range so you can hear quieter dialog without being overwhelmed by loud sections. You can choose a setting of Minimum, Standard, or Off.
System-Up Connector: The CQ-VW100U has a rear panel-mounted System-Up connector which allows you to add a single external device, or with the optional Expansion Module (133CYEM100), add up to 4 components. Most of the optional components will require an adapter cable in order to make the connections. The components that can be connected to the head unit via the System-Up Connector include:
- iPod: You can connect an iPod using the CA-DC300U
Direct Cable for iPod (133DC300) or CA-VDC300U Direct Cable for iPod with
Video. Compatible iPods using this connection method include the following
iPods and software available through September 2007:
- 4th Generation iPod/ver.3.1.1
- 5th Generation iPod/ver.1.2.1
- iPod photo/ver.1.2.1
- iPod mini/ver.1.4.1
- 1st Generation iPod nano/ver.1.3.1
- 2nd Generation iPod nano/ver.1.1.3
Note: Functionality except for video playback (not supported) via the System-Up Connector has been confirmed by Crutchfield for iPod classic, 3rd Generation iPod nano, and iPod touch. These iPod models require an authentication chip in order to output video.
- CD/DVD Changer: Using the optional CA-CC30U Conversion Cable (133CACC30), you can connect the optional Panasonic CX-DP880U CD changer, or the CX-DH801U DVD changer.
- Satellite Radio:
- XM Satellite Radio: You can connect the optional XMDirect² package (700XMPAN1), which consists of the CNP2000UC tuner and CNPPAN1 adapter cable, for XM Satellite Radio programming. A subscription to XM Satellite Radio, plus downloading of firmware to the XM Tuner is required in order to receive XM programming.
- Sirius Satellite Radio: The optional universal SiriusConnect SC-C1 receiver (item number 607SCC1) is compatible when the CA-LSR01U SiriusConnect interface is added (item number 133CALSR01). A subscription to SIRIUS Satellite Radio is required in order to receive programming.
- Aux Input: Portable or plug 'n play units from XM or SIRIUS can connected to one of the unit's auxiliary inputs.
- Bluetooth: Using the optional Panasonic Bluetooth unit CY-BT200U (item # 133BT200), you can make and receive phone calls hands free on a compatible Bluetooth-enabled cell phone. You can also control and listen to Bluetooth audio devices. (This head unit does not support the CY-BT100U Bluetooth unit.)
Optional Expansion Module (hub unit): Connection of the CY-EM100U Expansion Module (item #133CYEM100) allows you to connect up to 4 of the above-listed optional components. In addition, the Expansion Module has an audio/video auxiliary input to allow you to connect a portable audio or audio/video device. The head unit has a dedicated composite video input (labeled Ext Video In) for use with the Expansion Module.
Audio/Video Inputs: The CQ-VW100U has two rear panel A/V inputs. They feature composite RCA and stereo audio jacks, allowing you to plug in an A/V source such as a camcorder, VCR, or game console.
External Monitor Output: This unit provides a single female RCA composite video output (labeled "Video Out"), which allows you to send a video signal to an external overhead or headrest monitor.