Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Turn snapshots into works of art
Want to take your snapshots to the next level? The Panasonic Lumix LX7 lets you capture outstanding, print-worthy photographs without a bulky camera body or multiple lenses slowing you down. It's advanced Leica lens features impressive light-gathering potential, with a maximum aperture of f/1.4 on the wide-angle end of its zoom range and f/2.3 at the telephoto end. Those numbers mean you can use high shutter speeds to "freeze" fast action in low light, from stage performances to indoor sports, without resorting to the built-in flash. Plus, those ultra-wide aperture settings are perfect for creating dramatic portraits with your subject set crisply in focus against a softly blurred background.
HD video, panorama and fast continuous shooting
A high-performance lens is only part of the LX7's story. Capture up to 12 shots at a blazing 11 frames per second, at the camera's full resolution. Or combine multiple shots to create high-quality panoramic photos for stunning wide-angle landscapes. Time lapse mode lets you capture motion over time from a fixed perspective, so you can record the changing sky as daylight turns to dusk, or capture the critter that's been raiding your bird feeder. Or just switch to movie mode and record 1080p high-definition video as that raccoon helps himself to your birdseed.
The LX7 offers plenty of hands-on shooting options, so you can experiment with making your photos your own. Controls such as the aperture ring, focus lever and rear dial let you manually control focus, shutter speed and light settings, though Intelligent Auto mode can always handle those details for you. There are also 16 creative filters you can apply pre-shot, so you can play with light, color and focus without having to adjust settings manually. The high-resolution 3-inch LCD display automatically adjusts its brightness, so you can review your photos outdoors in the sun without having to retreat to the shade and squint to make sure you captured the perfect shot.
- 10.1-megapixel effective recording
- f/1.4-2.3 Leica DC Vario-Summilux lens offers superior light-gathering ability
- 3.8X optical zoom (7.5X Intelligent Zoom with limited image degradation)
- 3" high-resolution LCD screen (920,000 dots) with auto-brightness adjust
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 24-90mm
- records photos and video onto optional SD, SDHC, or SDXC memory cards
- Nano surface coating to reduce "ghosting"
- optical image stabilization for blur-free photos
- aperture ring for manual adjustment of aperture value
- continuous shooting captures up to 12 shots at approx. 11 frames per second in full resolution
- variable ISO (film speed equivalent) settings including a high sensitivity mode (ISO 6400) for low-light and flash-free shooting
- full-HD movie mode (up to 1080p resolution)
- Intelligent Zoom for up to 7.5X digitally enhanced zoom with limited photo degradation
- full manual mode for more creative control of camera settings
- automatic red-eye correction and face detection
- 16 creative filters including Smooth Defocus, One Point Color and Retro
- time lapse mode for capturing a series of shots from stationary perspective
- 3D still image capture for viewing on your 3D-capable TV
- panorama mode combines multiple images captured while panning camera
- accessory shoe for use with optional accessories such as flashes and external viewfinder
- built-in flash
Connections and Dimensions:
- HDMI (mini), USB and A/V outputs
- 4-3/8"W x 2-5/8"H x 1-13/16"D
- weight (with battery and SD card): 10.5 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- rechargeable lithium-ion battery and charging station
- USB cable
- shoulder strap
- lens cap and string
- software CD-ROM
Today's point-and-shoot cameras make great pictures easier than ever
From baby's first steps, to that dream vacation in the islands, these cameras make it easy to capture life's greatest hits. Today's cameras have helpful automatic features, like face detection and scene recognition that make shooting more foolproof than ever. And they all have plenty of megapixels for detailed photos that stay sharp, even when you enlarge and print them.
Panasonic Lumix® DMC-LX7 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
great quality lens allowing larger quality enlargements or more zoom this is the tradeoff. i opted for better quality lens.
Pros: jack nicklaus, elvis, taj mahal
What's in the box?
- Digital camera (white)
- Lens Cap (installed)
- DMW-BCJ13PP Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.6V/1250mAh)
- DE-A81B Battery Charger (4.2V/0.65A)
- Neck strap
- 40" USB cable (with Type A USB on one end and a proprietary USB connection on the other end)
- Panasonic LUMIX software on CD-ROM
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Basic Owner's Manual (Eng/Span)
- Product Registration card
- UL Note (DE-A81B)
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||24-90mm|
|Internal Memory||70 MB|
|Effective Megapixel Count||10.1|
|Highest Resolution||3648 x 2736|
|HD Video Recording||1920 x 1080/60p|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||10.56|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Lens: The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 digital camera is equipped with an F1.4-F2.3 Leica DC Vario-Summilux lens. Its 4.7-17.7mm focal length is equivalent to 24mm to 90mm in 35mm film photography. The focusing range is as follows:
- Normal: 1.6' to infinity
- AF Macro/Manual Focus: 0.033' to infinity (wide), 0.98' to infinity (tele)
Extended Optical/Digital Zoom: The 24-90mm focal length of the lens gives it an optical zoom of 3.8x. The camera's extended optical zoom can increase the zoom up to 6.7x, depending upon the picture size. In addition, the digital zoom extends the focal length by another 4x.
Intelligent Zoom (i.Zoom): The camera's Intelligent Zoom uses super resolution technology to extend the optical zoom ratio by approximately 2x while maintaining the original image quality.
Recording Media: The DMC-LX7 records images onto its internal memory (approximately 70 MB), or onto SD (8 MB to 2 GB), SDHC (4 GB to 32 GB), and SDXC (48 GB to 64 GB) Memory Cards. Pictures may be copied between cards and the built-in memory if desired. SD cards with a minimum Class 4 speed class are recommended for recording motion pictures.
Image Sensor: For optimal image quality, the camera uses a 1/1.7" MOS image sensor with approximately 12.8-million total pixels and 10.1-million effective pixels.
Image Recording Format: The camera records still images in JPEG in 4:3, 3:2, 16:9 and 1:1 aspect ratios. Uncompressed RAW images can be recorded for later processing and editing with a PC. You can also simultaneously record a Fine or Standard JPEG along with a RAW image. The camera can also record 60p HD movies in AVCHD, as well as HD and SD movies in MP4. You can choose from the following resolutions for still images and movies:
|10M: 3648 x 2736||9.5M: 3776 x 2520||9M: 3968 x 2232||7.5M: 2736 x 2736|
|7M: 3072 x 2304||6.5M: 3188 x 2112||6M: 3328 x 1872||5.5M: 2304 x 2304|
|5M: 2560 x 1920||4.5M: 2656 x 1768||4.5M: 2784 x 1568||3.5M: 1920 x 1920|
|3M: 2048 x 1536||3M: 2112 x 1408||2.5M: 2208 x 1248||2.5M: 1536 x 1536|
|2M: 1600 x 1200||2.5M: 2048 x 1360||2M: 1920 x 1080||0.2M: 480 x 480|
|0.3M: 640 x 480||0.3M: 640 x 424||0.2M: 640 x 360|
- PSH: 1920 x 1080; Bit Rate 28 Mbps; 60p
- FSH: 1920 x 1080; Bit Rate 17 Mbps; 60i
- SH: 1280 x 720; Bit Rate 17 Mbps; 60p
- FHD: 1280 x 720; Bit Rate 20 Mbps; 30 fps
- HD: 1280 x 720; Bit Rate 10 Mbps; 30 fps
- VGA: 640 x 480; Bit Rate 4 Mbps; 30 fps
Optical Image Stabilizer: The Optical Image Stabilizer helps solve the problem of unintentional hand movement that can result in blurry images, particularly with telephoto shots.
Battery: The LX7 is powered by a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (DMW-BCJ13PP). A fully charged battery gives you approximately 165 minutes of recording time, or about 330 images. When recording AVCHD motion pictures, the battery provides approximately 90-100 minutes of continuous recording or 50-55 minutes actual recording time. Playback time using the LCD monitor is approximately 240 minutes. The battery takes approximately 155 minutes to fully charge with the supplied DE-A81B battery charger.
Optional AC Adapter/DC Coupler: If you wish to operate the camera using ordinary household current, you will need the optional DMW-AC5PP AC adapter, along with the DMW-DCC7 DC coupler. The AC adapter cannot be used alone, as the DC Coupler provides a plug-in jack for the AC adapter. This is helpful if you have the camera connected to your computer or printer for a long time, or playing back photos in a slide show.
LCD Monitor: The DMC-LX7 has a 3" TFT color LCD monitor featuring approximately 921,600 dots and a 3:2 aspect ratio. It has approximately 100% field of view.
Optional Viewfinder: The LX7 has a port on the back, just above the LCD monitor, for plugging in the optional DMW-LVF2 External Live Viewfinder. With the External Live Viewfinder, you can view the recording screen, even when taking pictures with a low camera angle.
Flash: The LX7 has a built-in flash with a range of 2.6' to 28' (Wide) and 0.98' to 17' (Tele) in Auto ISO mode. The range varies with other ISO settings. Available flash modes include: Auto, Auto/Red-eye, Forced Flash, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-eye, or Flash Off.
Optional External Flash: The top-mounted hot shoe allows you to attach an external flash, such as the DMW-FL220, DMW-FL360, or DMW-FL500.
Shooting Modes: Using the top-mounted Mode Dial and the menu, the LX7 allows you to choose from the following shooting modes:
- Intelligent Auto Mode: Optimum settings are made automatically. The camera identifies the scene and sets one of the following: Portrait, Babies, Landscape, Night Portrait, Night Scenes, Close-ups, or Sunsets.
- Program AE Mode: You can use the recording menu to change settings and set up your own recording environment.
- Aperture-Priority Mode: You can control the range of focus (depth of field) by setting the aperture. The shutter speed is automatically adjusted to be appropriate for the set aperture value.
- Shutter-Priority Mode: You can control the shutter speed, while the aperture is automatically adjusted to be appropriate for the set shutter speed.
- Manual Exposure Mode: You can set any aperture value and shutter speed when automatic exposure adjustment prevents you from recording at the desired exposure. Long exposures of up to 250 seconds is possible.
- Creative Video Mode: Enables motion picture recording with audio using Program, Aperture-priority, Shutter-priority, Manual, and High Speed Video settings.
- Custom Mode: You can register frequently used recording modes and menu settings in Custom 1 or Custom 2 position, so you can quickly switch to those settings when desired.
- Scene Mode: You can select from different scene modes using the menu. Available Scene Modes include: Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Panorama Shot, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Handheld Night Shot, HDR, Food, Baby 1, Baby 2, Pet, Sunset, Glass Through, and 3D Photo Mode.
- Creative Control Mode: You can use this mode to check coloring effects, select a color mode from among these 12 available modes: Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Star Filter, One Point Color, Smooth Defocus, and Redial Defocus.
Self Timer: The self timer is useful when you want to include yourself in the picture when recording still images. The delay time for single shots can be set to 10 seconds or 2 seconds. You can also use the self timer in Burst mode to take 3 pictures after the delay.
Exposure Compensation: If you are shooting against a bright background or strong backlight, you may need to correct the exposure so that the subject doesn't come out too dark. You can set the adjustments from -3 to +3 in 1/3-step increments.
Auto Bracket: In the Auto Bracket mode, 3 pictures are taken with different exposures, allowing you to select the picture with the desired exposure. You can set the exposure compensation from -1 EV to +1 EV in 1/3-step increments.
Burst Modes: In Burst Mode, pictures can be taken continuously while the shutter button is pressed. You can take up to 12 full resolution photos at up to 11 frames per second. Up to 100 total photos can be taken at slower frame rates (2-5 fps). You can also take photos at 40 or 60 frames per second, but at lower resolutions.
White Balance: You can choose from the following white balance modes:
- Auto: automatically adjusts the white balance
- Daylight: for recording outdoors on a bright day
- Cloudy: for recording outdoors under a cloudy sky
- Shade: for recording outdoors in the shade
- Flash: for taking pictures with flash
- Incandescent: for recording under incandescent lighting
- White Set 1 & 2: sets the white balance manually on a white object
- Color Temperature: when using the preset color temperature setting
ISO Sensitivity: ISO sensitivity represents the sensitivity to light in values. If you set the ISO sensitivity higher, the camera becomes more suitable for recording in dark places. Sensitivity can be set as follows:
- Auto: Automatically sets a value up to 1600, based on the brightness of the subject.
- i-ISO: Automatically sets a value up to 1600, based on the movement and brightness of the subject.
- Preset: Manually set to ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, or H.12800
- ISO Increments: 1/3EV (23 steps) or 1EV (9 steps) between ISO 80 to ISO 12800
Metering Modes: The camera has three available metering modes: Multi Metering, Center-weighted, or Spot.
Auto Focus Mode: You can choose one of the following AF modes: Face Detection, AF Tracking, 23-area Focusing, or 1-area Focusing.
Still Image Playback: You can manually display images one at a time, 12 at a time, or 30 images at a time.
Calendar Playback: You can display pictures by recording date using the calendar playback function. If there are multiple pictures with the same recording date, the first picture recorded on that date is displayed.
Slide Show: Images can be played back in slide show fashion. You can set the duration between images at 1 sec, 2 sec, 3 sec, or 5 sec. You can also set on or off the repeat mode, music, and audio.
Playback Zoom: You can view the picture at the original size, or enlarge the picture to 2x, 4x, 8x, or 16x. Using the arrow buttons, you can move the position of the zoomed picture in the monitor.
Resizing Pictures: This function is useful if you want to reduce the file size of the picture in cases when it needs to be attached to an e-mail or uploaded to a website. Once an image is resized, you can choose to keep the original image.
Cropping Pictures: This function lets you trim unnecessary parts of the recorded picture. Motion pictures and pictures with text stamps cannot be trimmed.
Auto Power Off: The camera is automatically turned off if it has not been used for a predetermined amount of time. The amount of time can be set to 2 minutes, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes.
PictBridge Printing Capability: Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect this camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer. PictBridge is the standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge compliant camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
HDMI: The DMC-LX7 has a mini-HDMI (Type C) for connecting the camera to an HDMI-compatible TV. A mini-HDMI to full-size HDMI cable is necessary to connect the camera to an HDMI-compatible TV. If connected to a VIERA Link-compatible Panasonic TV, you can control the camera using the TV's remote control. The unit is compatible with VIERA Link Version 5.
AV Out / Digital: This proprietary jack allows you to connect the camera to your computer with the supplied USB cable. You can also connect the camera to a TV or other A/V device using the optional DMW-AVC1 audio/video cable. TV output is NTSC only.
PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.3 PE Edition (Windows XP/Vista/7): This software allows you to acquire pictures to the PC, and categorize the acquired pictures by their recording date or the model name of the camera used. You can also resize pictures and add effects. Various printing functions are supported.
SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.1 SE (Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X v10.4 / v10.5 / v10.6 /v10.7): This software allows you to edit RAW format images, and save them in a format, such as JPEG or TIFF, for displaying on a personal computer.
LoiLoScope (30-day full-trial version): This software allows you to make full use of your computer and edit motion pictures easily. (Installs only a shortcut to the trial version download site.)
USB-connectible Environment: Compatible OS include:
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows Vista SP2
- Windows 7 SP1
- Mac OS X 10.1 to 10.7
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.