Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bring vibrant picture and surround sound into your living room with Panasonic's SC-PT770 home theater system. Your movies will look crisp and clear thanks to this system's built-in five-disc DVD/CD changer. It can even upconvert your DVDs up to 1080p for a clearer picture with your HDTV. And this system's flip-down iPod dock makes it easy to enjoy your digital music collection. You can also watch video clips and browse song titles on your TV screen.
Wraparound sound using innovative materials
A built-in amplifier powers the five speakers and subwoofer, giving you room-filling sound. The front and center speakers features rigid, low-density bamboo diaphragms for cleaner, more natural mids. The specially designed subwoofer pumps out clean, intense bass using an internal 6-1/2" woofer reinforced by a 10" passive radiator. The front speakers come with stands to bring the sound to your ear level, and the rear speakers can be wall-mounted for out-of-the-way placement.
Wireless technology and easy setup
A small rear-channel amp receives wireless signals from the system's main unit and powers the two surround speakers, so you won't have to worry about running speaker wire from the main unit to the back of your room. The SC-PT770 comes with on-screen guides and easy automatic speaker calibration (mic included) to help you optimize the system for your room.
- home theater system with 5-disc DVD/CD changer/receiver, 5 speakers, and a subwoofer
- built-in iPod dock
- includes small rear amplifier to power the rear speakers, with wireless connection to main unit
- remote control
- VIERA Link simplifies control of a compatible Panasonic TV via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- Energy Star® compliant
- digital video upconversion for DVD playback
- selectable 720p/1080i/1080p output via HDMI digital interface
- plays DVD-Video discs, DVD-Rs & DVD-RWs
- plays CDs, audio CD-Rs & CD-RWs, MP3 CDs and WMA CDs
- plays digital picture CDs (JPEG)
- built-in Dolby® Digital, DTS®, & Dolby Pro Logic® II processing, for surround sound from DVD, VHS, and stereo sources
- 6-channel amplifier (75 watts x 2 for front speakers, 105 watts for center speaker, 34 watts x 2 for surrounds, 125 watts for subwoofer)
- stereo analog audio input
- optical digital audio input
- video output for TV (composite, component video, HDMI)
- headphone output
- speaker wire and subwoofer cables included
- DVD changer/receiver: 16-15/16"W x 2-11/16"H x 12-7/8"D
- front speakers with stands: 10-1/16"W x 40-3/16"H x 10-1/16"D (each)
- center channel speaker: 19-7/8"W x 3-3/4"H x 3-3/16"D
- rear speakers: 3-5/8"W x 5"H x 3-3/16"D (each)
- subwoofer: 7-1/8"W x 14-1/4"H x 12-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Transform your TV experience
Enjoy rich, robust sound that puts you right in the middle of your favorite movies, TV shows, and video games. Powered home theater systems come with speakers and a subwoofer plus the amplification to drive them. Many of these systems feature low-profile consoles and ultra-compact speakers for minimal visual clutter. Some include a built-in Blu-ray/DVD player for enjoying movie and concert discs.
Panasonic SC-PT770 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Worth the Purchase
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Overall, this system is great. Easy setup and installation. My only gripe is with the wireless rear speakers using the 2 .4GHz channel. I had to purchase different wireless home phone units because they kept interferring with the signal of the speakers. Sound would cut in and out every 10 seconds. SO annoying! After replacing the phones, it seems to have fixed the issue. Just an FYI to anyone out there having the same problem. Besides that, unit provides great sound, nice looks and connections for everything I wanted to connect to it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
What's in the box?
- SA-PT770 DVD/Receiver
- SB-HW560 Subwoofer with attached 13' length of speaker wire with proprietary connector on other end
- Two SB-HF770 Front speakers
- Two SB-HS470 Surround speakers
- SB-HC470 Center speaker
- SE-FX70 Wireless System module
- SH-TR70A Digital Transmitter
- Wireless remote control (N2QAYB000359)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 2 Speaker stand shafts with attached 11' speaker wire terminated by a proprietary connector
- 2 Speaker stand bases
- Two 5' AC cords
- Setup microphone with attached 10' cable terminated by a male 3.5mm connector
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- 47" Video cable (has an RCA composite video connector on each end)
- Three 10' lengths of speaker wire with bare-tinned wire on one end and a proprietary connector on other end
- 8 Machine screws
- Operating Instructions
- Easy Setting Guide
- Customer Care Plan/Product Information Card
- Product Registration Card
- Speaker connection labels
Overview: The Panasonic SC-PT770 Home Theater System features a 5-DVD Changer/Receiver, 2 front tower speakers, center-channel speaker, wireless rear speakers and module, and passive subwoofer. The DVD Home Theater System offers high-quality picture and sound with 1080p up-conversion, VIERA Link HDAVI control, and integrated dock for iPod playback and recharging. The SC-PT770 also comes with a auto-setup microphone and wireless remote control.
SA-PT770 Main Unit: The SA-PT770 is the control center of the system and includes a 5-disc tray-loader DVD/CD changer with a built-in amplifier, Dolby Digital/DTS decoder with Pro Logic II, a digital AM/FM tuner and integrated iPod dock.
Compatible Discs: The integrated DVD/CD receiver will playback the following types of discs - DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD+/-R DL, CD-Audio, CD-R/RW, Video CD, and SVCD. The unit supports playback functions such as Repeat, Random, Program Play (up to 30 tracks) Slow-motion and Frame-by-Frame.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit will play MP3 and WMA files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs using the ISO 9660 level 1/level2 format. MP3 files can also be played from DVD-R, DVD-RW, and DVD-RAM discs. Compatible MP3 compression rates range from 32-320 kbps, WMA a compression rates from 48-320 kbps.
Note: This unit is not compatible with ID3 tags or multiple bit rate WMA.
JPEG Disc Playback: This unit will play JPEG files recorded onto CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, and DVD-RAM discs. All JPEG files on a disc can be played back in a slide show with an adjustable interval. Additionally you can rotate an image. This unit can recognize up to 4000 pictures in 255 groups. Compatible picture resolution varies from 160 x 120 to 6144 x 4096.
HDMI HD Enhancer: The HD Enhancer's 1080p up-conversion function converts standard definition (720 x 480 pixels) images from DVDs to high definition (1920 x 1080 pixels). This means you'll get the most out of your HDMI-compatible HDTV, with sharp and exceptionally detailed high-resolution images. And unlike ordinary video up-converters that produce images with thicker edges and decreased sharpness, the HD Enhancer keeps edges crisp and clear, for outstanding detail. You can select for the unit to up-convert to 720p, 1080i or 1080p to match the resolution of your HDTV.
Progressive Scan Output: The integrated DVD player also features a component monitor output with progressive scan. Progressive-scan video has less flicker and fewer motion artifacts than the traditional interlaced-scanning method, resulting in a superior picture.
TV Aspect: The unit allows you to choose between the following aspect ratios to suit your television and preference - 4:3 Pan&Scan (the sides of the widescreen picture are cut off so it fills the screen), 4:3 Letterbox (widescreen picture is shown in letterbox format), and 16:9 (widescreen TV).
Picture Mode: You can choose one of the following picture mode settings:
- Normal: normal picture
- Cinema 1: mellows images and enhances detail in dark scenes
- Cinema 2: sharpens images and enhances detail in dark scenes
- Animation: suitable for animation
- Dynamic: enhances contrast
Black Level: You can change the black level of the picture if you have connected the TV through the component video outputs. You can select either Lighter or Darker.
Time Delay: If you notice audio is out of sync to your video display you can adjust the time delay between 0ms, 20ms, 40ms, 60ms, 80ms or 100ms
Play Speed: You can decrease (0.6x) or increase (1.4x) the audio and video play speed of a DVD disc.
Surround Modes: This receiver incorporates a variety of surround modes to bring you maximum enjoyment from your audio and video software. The surround modes include:
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital is a 5.1 multi-channel digital surround format.
- DTS: DTS Digital Surround is a 5.1 multi-channel digital surround sound format used for both commercial/theatrical and consumer grade applications.
- Dolby Pro Logic II: Dolby Pro Logic II is an advanced decoder that derives 5-channel surround from stereo sound sources, whether or not it has been specifically Dolby Surround encoded. You can choose from Movie or Music mode.
- S. Surround: You can enjoy sound from all speakers from a 2-channel source.
- 2Ch Stereo: You can play any source in stereo. Sound will be output to the front speaker and the subwoofer only.
Sound Effects: The Panasonic DVD/CD integrated receiver allows you to choose from the following sound effects.
Dialogue Enhancer: The Dialogue Enhancer increases the center channel volume (relative to other channels), making movie dialogue easier to hear and understand. Dialogue Enhancer is available when playing Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks recorded in 3 or more channels with the dialogue recorded in the center channel.
- Center Focus: Using this feature, you can make the sound of the center channel seem like it's coming from the TV.
- Equalizer: You can select from the following sound quality
- Flat: no effect added
- Heavy: adds punch to rock music
- Clear: clarifies high frequencies
- Soft: for background music
Whisper Surround Mode: This mode allows you to enhance the surround effect for low volume 5.1-channel surround during last night viewing.
Auto Speaker Setup: The Panasonic SC-PT770 comes supplied with a setup microphone which allows the system to automatically set the speaker delay, speaker level, and subwoofer level for the system. The microphone should be placed at the main seating position at ear level. You can also choose to adjust these speaker settings manually.
- Speaker Delay: You can set an audio time delay for your center and surround speaker in regards to how far they are positioned from your listening position. You can adjust the center speaker's time delay between 1.0 to 5.0 ms and the surround speakers' time delay between 5.0, 10.0, or 15.0 ms.
- Speaker Level: You can adjust the level of each speaker (-6 to +6 dB)
- Subwoofer Level: You can enhance low-frequency sound (1-4) so that heavy bass sound can be heard clearly, even if the acoustics of your room are not optimal.
iPod Dock: The SA-PT770 features an integrated, retractable front-panel iPod dock. The unit's integrated iPod dock allows audio/video playback, control and charging of your iPod through the receiver. The SA-PT770 will display a menu on your connected TV's screen so you can select content via Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer or Audiobook. This unit is compatible with the following iPod models:
- iPod video (5th generation)
- iPod classic (80/120/160GB)
- iPod touch (1st/2nd generation)
- iPod nano (1st/2nd/3rd/4th generation)
- iPod color display (4th generation)
- iPod mini (1st/2nd generation)
Optical Digital Input: The unit features a rear-panel optical digital input for playing back Dolby Digital/DTS multi-channel surround signals output by your Satellite or cable box.
Auxiliary Input: The Panasonic integrated DVD/CD receiver features a stereo RCA audio input for connecting an external analog audio source to the home theater system.
Headphone Jack: The main unit features a 3.5mm (1/8") mini-jack headphone output on the front panel for private listening. When headphones are used the speakers are muted automatically.
Dimmer: The unit's display can be set to Bright, Dim or Auto. Auto allows the display to be dimmed, but brightens the display when you perform some operations.
Unified Remote: The SC-PT770 comes with an IR wireless remote control, which is pre-programmed to operate this system and a number of functions on select Panasonic brand TVs.
VIERA Link HDMI Control (HDAVI): VIERA Link is a convenient function that offers linked operations of the receiver and a compatible Panasonic TV through the HDMI connection. The HDAVI control allows for One Touch Playback where the Receiver and TV will turn on at the same time and automatically switch to the appropriate input for playback. When the TV is turned off, the receiver also automatically turns off.
Wireless Rear Module: The home theater system comes supplied with Panasonic's Wireless Rear Module used to create a wireless rear speaker system. The Wireless Rear Module features a integrated 34 watt RMS (125 watt Peak) x 2 channel amplifier for the rear speakers with a 2.4 GHz RF receiver to communicate to the main unit. A supplied digital transceiver card plugs into the back of the DVD player/receiver. The Wireless Rear Module connects to the rear surround speakers using the included speaker wire and then plugs into an AC outlet, but no connection to the main unit across the room is needed. The Wireless Rear Module operates off of a 2.4GHz frequency and has a range up to 33 feet from the main unit.
Surround Speakers: The SB-HS470 surround speakers feature a 2.5-inch, 3-ohm, full-range bamboo driver in a bass-reflex enclosure. The drivers are covered by a non-removable black cloth grille. There is a keyhole slot provided for wall-mounting the speaker. There are four rubber feet on the bottom so it can sit securely on a shelf or speaker stand. The surround speakers come with 10' length of speaker wire each to connect to the wireless rear module.
Front Speakers: The SB-HF770 front tower speakers use a single 2.5-inch, 3-ohm, full-range bamboo driver in a bass-reflex enclosure. Each enclosure is covered by a non-removable black cloth grille. The front tower speakers feature a detachable stand and base which allow you to mount speakers on the wall using the keyhole slot found on back of each speaker. The front speakers feature spring-clip speaker terminals and come with 11' length of speaker wire each.
Center Channel Speaker: The SB-HC470 Center Channel speaker has one 2.5-inch, 6-ohm, full-range bamboo driver in a bass-reflex enclosure. The enclosure is made from plastic and its front-panel covered by a non-removable black cloth grille. There are 2 keyhole slots provided for horizontal wall mounting. There are four rubber feet on the bottom so it can sit securely on the TV or a shelf. The center speaker features spring-clip speaker terminals and comes supplied with 10' length of speaker wire.
SB-HW560 Subwoofer: The Panasonic home theater system features a non-powered subwoofer, powered by an amp in the DVD/Receiver unit. The subwoofer uses an enclosed 6-ohm, 6.5" woofer and a side-firing 10" cone Kelton passive radiator. The subwoofer is not video shielded. The woofer's enclosure features four rubber feet to prevent vibration. There is a 13' length of speaker wire attached to the rear of the subwoofer's enclosure.
Speaker Wiring: The integrated DVD player/receiver features color-coded proprietary plugs for speaker connections, while each speaker uses a pair of spring-clip terminals. Each length of supplied speaker wire has tinned wire on one end, and a color-coded proprietary plug on the other for easy hookup. The color-coded plugs are white (Front Left), red (Front Right), green (Center), and purple (Subwoofer). The wireless rear module also features these proprietary connections: blue (Surround Left), gray (Surround Right).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.